Author Topic: Closure in Moscow  (Read 1625 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Closure in Moscow
« on: March 09, 2012, 07:36:50 AM »
Any other fans here? Anyone else even heard of them? I got a last.fm recommendation so checked out their full length and EP a couple of weeks ago, and both are really fantastic. They remind me of The Mars Volta, but more accessible and energetic!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
Re: Closure in Moscow
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
Yeah, I listened to their album a couple months ago by a friend's recommendation. Definitely a more accessible Mars Volta, but I don't know if it's anywhere near as good.

Offline Snow_Dog

• Wave after wave
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 07:53:35 PM »
Listening to First Temple for the first time in a couple years. Really liking it again. Apparently they're working on a new album too, can't wait. :metal

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 04:58:47 AM »
Sorry for reviving this after over 2 years, but I recently found this band, and the 2014 album "Pink Lemonade" hasn't been discussed since its release.
If you were ever a fan of this band or ever will be, check out this masterpiece. It's a bit goofier and happier than the previous release, and has some The Dear Hunter vibes here and there (that's where I got it from, Spotify recommendation based on TDH).
If you're not willing to listen to the whole album, 'Happy Days', 'Seeds of Gold' and 'Neoprene Byzantine' are good starters.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 06:44:39 AM »
Pink Lemonade was great! Wasn't as keen on it as First Temple though - I love quirky stuff so still really dig the album, but it definitely didn't have the same impact on me.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Sir Walrus Cauliflower

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 07:58:12 AM »
Love closure in moscow. I agree that first temple had a bigger impact on me though.
I feel strangely honored to be following up a post from Sir Walrus Cauliflower.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2023, 02:53:52 PM »
It's been a few years ay?

New album Soft Hell is coming June 21st. I've just been spinning the single Better Way and it's ace...

https://open.spotify.com/track/3hDmbMnsBb84VWqEF0ONm7?si=lkDNcdh9T0atAIabERHh5w

I'm only a fairly casual Closure in Moscow fan, but I know there are a few of you out there who dig them more. Cautiously optimistic for this one  :tup

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 03:46:41 AM »
New album dropped today.

Soft Hell...

https://open.spotify.com/album/0ys96Qw1xkiT49nEFeaOBT?si=_WQkCSg8TUev3SY4h74hww&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A0ys96Qw1xkiT49nEFeaOBT

After listening to all the singles loads (especially Better Way) and the full album once, I'd say that for me this is easily their best album yet. They scratch that proggy pop itch, and if you like bands like Moron Police, or Bear Ghost or Coheed and Cambria, then get on it!