Author Topic: 2012-02-14 - Stadthalle Bulach - Zurich, SUI  (Read 3573 times)

Offline richp

2012-02-14 - Stadthalle Bulach - Zurich, SUI
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:32:49 PM »
Hi there, I'm new to the forum, so apologies if I'm not following all the right etiquette.  I read on the band's site that they are playing in Switzerland next week, but I am confused as to where exactly they are playing.  Originally it was to be Wettingen, now I'm reading that it is Bulach in Zurich, but I can't find details.  Since I will be in Zurich next week, if they are playing, it would be kind of cool to go see them...

Thanks,
RP
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:44:51 PM by cyberdrummer »

Offline richp

Re: DT in Switzerland on the 14th?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 02:05:10 PM »
Thanks, this does help.  On Friday there was no info on the Bulach site about the show at all, it only had some sort of kiddy creche thing listed for the 14th. If they are playing, then a few of us from work might head over to see them - that would make it from never to twice in one week!

Thanks again Millais!
RP

Offline Millais

Re: 2012-02-14 - Stadthalle Bulach - Zurich, SUI
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:23:43 AM »
No problem. My sisters actually on a trip to to Switzerland at the moment is staying pretty close to the venue - jealous to say the least.
Hope you have a good time.

Edit: Feel free to report back on how you felt the show went! ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:11:30 PM by Millais »

Offline Nest777

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2012/stadthalle-bulach-switzerland-3bde94f8.html

Based on this it seems they played Through Her Eyes in Zurich last night. Can someone confirm this?

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 02:43:45 PM »
Quote from: setlist.fm user

Note the speech of James LaBrie after 6:00, explaining that they are just back from the Grammy Awards ceremony in LA, and even though they are disappointed, they met a lot of nice people and will go back next year to "get this f***ing Grammy"

Go get 'em, James. :lol
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Dillster22

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 11:34:02 PM »
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2012/stadthalle-bulach-switzerland-3bde94f8.html

Based on this it seems they played Through Her Eyes in Zurich last night. Can someone confirm this?

I saw this too and am curious to see if they are starting to add some new songs.

Offline Nofire

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 02:33:57 AM »

I saw this too and am curious to see if they are starting to add some new songs.

I think it might refer to the guitar/keyboard solo part they do before TSCO, similar to the one found on Score. I saw them in Stuttgart yesterday and it bore some resemblence to THY, so I guess it depends on who uploads the setlist if they percive it as a separate song or not. But I didn't see the Zürich show, so this is of course just me speculating.
Trapped inside this Octavarium

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 12:27:29 PM »
Sounds about right, do they use teresas sample?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Nofire

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 01:24:14 PM »
Sounds about right, do they use teresas sample?

I can't remember exactly, the sound wasn't great where I was standing, but my impression is that it was just Jordan and JP.
Trapped inside this Octavarium

Offline serrano

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 02:24:18 PM »
Not on the section before TSCO, but at the end of the song I could hear the Theresa samples.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 07:20:39 PM »
I hope it was youtube'd. I wonder how it was played.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline richp

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 04:54:18 AM »
@Millais, sorry to take so long to come back to you on this.  Sadly I got delayed in the office and didn't make it up to Zurich for the show (CHf80 down the pan  >:().  For all the glories of Swiss public transport, getting from the rural parts into the more civilised ones isn't all that easy.
I saw them in Wembley, so once in a week will have to do for now.  Hope to catch them somewhere else on another occasion.
Thanks for all your help.
RP

Offline Millais

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 10:15:38 AM »
@Millais, sorry to take so long to come back to you on this.  Sadly I got delayed in the office and didn't make it up to Zurich for the show (CHf80 down the pan  >:().  For all the glories of Swiss public transport, getting from the rural parts into the more civilised ones isn't all that easy.
I saw them in Wembley, so once in a week will have to do for now.  Hope to catch them somewhere else on another occasion.
Thanks for all your help.
RP

ahh no problem. really sorry to hear that. hopefully the Wembley show was good for you anyway and I hope you enjoyed that!