Author Topic: New Scorpions album  (Read 624 times)

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
New Scorpions album
« on: February 07, 2012, 06:13:51 PM »
I wasn't aware they had anything new out until today. It's called Comeblack, and if you don't know about it, it has re-recorded versions of some hits and the rest are cover tunes, which include Tainted Love, Ruby Tuesday, All Day and All of the Night, and a couple of others.
I'm pretty underwhelmed; I was a huge Scorps fan, and their re-recordings sound like they are doing covers of the own songs...in a bad way. I don't know, I just don't think you can top the recording and production they had in the old days.
The covers are well done, I guess, but I thought they were strange choices.
So mixed emotions about this release.
Discuss.
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: New Scorpions album
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 06:00:38 AM »
Old school Scorps fan here...

The last thing I really liked from them was Crazy World. But I was really blown away by Humanity: Hour 1. That was a great album. Sting In The Tail was very disappointing. I thought all of the things they gained in Humanity, they gave back to try and recreate their classic style, which I thought just was a weak and half hearted attempt.
I have no interest in Comeblack. None. And those covers..yuck!

Why do bands even try and do these "non metal" songs? It's not cool. And they usually suck. Hammerfall's My Sharona and Firewind's Maniac are just two example of this high riskhigh reward move.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Vivace

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 08:00:16 AM »
I agree completely with Tac. The Scorpions hit a homerun with Humanity Hour I and somehow lost that creative side with Sting in the Tail which was okay, but not memorable. I honestly thought they were done and were in retirement. Isn't that what Klaus Miene stated? Hmm... maybe a new album with new songs "might" be on the horizon. Who knows. I'll still check them out if that happens.
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"

Offline InfraredDream

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 10:09:28 AM »
I was sure they were retiring, so I am surprised really. Haven't heard it, so thanks for letting me know. I used to be a huge fan, they were my first favorite band!