Author Topic: What is your favorite/the best SNES game?  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: What is your favorite/the best SNES game?
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 10:48:01 PM »
And I suppose I'll also give shout outs to the DK series, Super Mario World, and Chrono Trigger II.

I only played the last in that line a few years ago, but the first two I had memorized when I was like 7, grew up on those on PTOII.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2012, 10:59:17 PM »
And I suppose I'll also give shout outs to the DK series, Super Mario World, and Chrono Trigger II.

I only played the last in that line a few years ago, but the first two I had memorized when I was like 7, grew up on those on PTOII.

I want to play this game so fucking bad. I've been waiting for a sequel for like 16 years. HOW DID YOU GET IT!?!?

:P

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 11:17:44 PM »
Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, FFVI, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana

...my name is Araragi.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »
Tecmo Super Bowl...we used to have Tecmo "Fests". There were four of us diehards that would get together and each guy would put up 50 or 100 dollars. We would then draft teams in order until all 32 teams were selected, then we would battle until all games were played and best W-L record took the money. We played so much Tecmo Bowl one year, we figured we had played probably more than 700 hours. We were all lawyers at the time. One of the guys LOST HIS JOB because of it, and wound up nearly in divorce court and seeing a marriage couselor because of it. Another guy, Ralph, had his entire docket of criminal cases continued once so we could play. He told the clerk he had a family emergency out of town. I still remember once us having the lead programmer at Tecmo, some guy named Dominic, on a conference call, while we explained glitches to him. We mentioned the glitch where during a kickoff, if there was a fumble, the players wouldn't recover the ball, and you had to reset the game to continue play. He said, " Wait. the game is not designed to fumble on kickoffs." We said, "It does when we play it!" He told us he'd only heard about sub-cultures of people who played the game like we did. He seemed awed by our committment.  :lol Told us if we had lived in California, he'd hire us as testers.  :lol
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2012, 03:49:03 PM »
Megaman X and Final Fantasy VI are it for me

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »
To all the people nominating DKC2, just want to give your annual reminder that this exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxuvqD6tGLg

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 04:17:32 PM »
 :rollin :rollin I fucking love the music. Underwater music FTW. That was great.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »
Super Mario World and Killer Instinct.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 08:45:26 PM »
Tecmo Super Bowl...we used to have Tecmo "Fests". There were four of us diehards that would get together and each guy would put up 50 or 100 dollars. We would then draft teams in order until all 32 teams were selected, then we would battle until all games were played and best W-L record took the money. We played so much Tecmo Bowl one year, we figured we had played probably more than 700 hours. We were all lawyers at the time. One of the guys LOST HIS JOB because of it, and wound up nearly in divorce court and seeing a marriage couselor because of it. Another guy, Ralph, had his entire docket of criminal cases continued once so we could play. He told the clerk he had a family emergency out of town. I still remember once us having the lead programmer at Tecmo, some guy named Dominic, on a conference call, while we explained glitches to him. We mentioned the glitch where during a kickoff, if there was a fumble, the players wouldn't recover the ball, and you had to reset the game to continue play. He said, " Wait. the game is not designed to fumble on kickoffs." We said, "It does when we play it!" He told us he'd only heard about sub-cultures of people who played the game like we did. He seemed awed by our committment.  :lol Told us if we had lived in California, he'd hire us as testers.  :lol
That's incredible. Can't say I've ever been THAT dedicated to a game, ever.  :lol
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 08:46:56 PM »
To all the people nominating DKC2, just want to give your annual reminder that this exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxuvqD6tGLg

HO LEE FUH KIN SHIT!  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2012, 07:24:19 AM »
I still pride myself in being able to memorize all the bonuses and DK coins in DKC2

I still play this every few years.  I instinctively jump to the hidden bonus barrels and DK coins, but there are still a bunch that I have to think hard about where they are.  The game is not finished until all 40 DK coins are collected, and I try to play Animal Antics last.  Bramble Scramble, FTW too.

Super Mario World, of course.  I spend untold hours of my childhood playing that game.  A few years ago, a friend showed me the secret ending to Cheese Bridge Area, and I was floored that there was still something new for me in that game 15 years later.  The ending credits showing Torpedo Ted always confused me since I never came across him.

The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past still get replays to this day.  I still havent learned all the castle puzzles and I spend quite a bit of time getting through all of them.  I usually finish the game a few pieces of heart short and it can be pretty boring finding them with nothing else to do.

F-Zero and Mario Kart, of course.  My favorite music from F-Zero was from the Big Blue track.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2012, 07:31:22 AM »
Super Mario World, of course.  I spend untold hours of my childhood playing that game.  A few years ago, a friend showed me the secret ending to Cheese Bridge Area, and I was floored that there was still something new for me in that game 15 years later.

I found that one on my first play through, but that one was a bitch to get to! Took me many hilariously failed attempts to reach it. I never did figure out if there was a safer way to do it. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jag66

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2012, 03:02:56 PM »

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2012, 03:04:21 PM »
A Link to the Past.  I love the Legend of Zelda series.