Author Topic: Which heavy bag should I get?  (Read 679 times)

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
Which heavy bag should I get?
« on: January 20, 2012, 11:06:41 PM »
I'm am going to buy a heavy bag. There are 2 on sale at sears and I have built up points on my sears credit card to use.

One is 80 pounds with handles and pad at the bottom for kneeing
Details
https://www.sears.ca/product/everlast-omnistrike-80-lb-heavy-bag/606-000715524-4788

The other is 100 pounds and has a similar pad all around it.
Details
https://www.sears.ca/product/everlast-heavy-punching-bag/606-000715524-4768

My question is does the 20 pound difference really make a difference or should I just go with the first one because it has more features. Or wound a weight attached to the bottom make up for the lack of 20 pounds on the first one.

Thoughts?

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: Which heavy bag should I get?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 11:03:09 PM »
What are you using it for?  If you're just using it to exercise, the 100 lb. one might better because its going to be more stationary since it requires more force to move it, and if you're just exercising you are going to focus more on moving yourself than hitting a moving target...but 20 lbs. isn't going to make that much of a difference really.

For actual training, I guess the first one but since you are going to need a training partner I would suggest maybe just joining a fighting gym  :)

If they are the same price (I didn't look), I guess I would go with the 80 lb one.  If you decide to attach a weight, I wouldn't do it with a chain.  Secure it firmly.  Also make sure you don't knee it, or if you do make sure you have video so I can laugh at you later.

Otherwise I'd go cheaper cause I'm cheap.

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
Re: Which heavy bag should I get?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 11:18:18 PM »
They're both the same price. I think I'll go for the 100lbs one. Thanks for the input.