Author Topic: Zantera's top 50 albums (Finished!)  (Read 24084 times)

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
Re: Zantera's top 50 albums (If you follow this I love you)
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2012, 11:20:08 PM »
Agaetis Byrjun is their best to me. :heart :heart

This album would probably make my top 10  :hefdaddy
Same here. :biggrin:

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2012, 12:12:17 AM »
modest mouse is fucking horrible i hate that band

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2012, 12:14:15 AM »
modest mouse is fucking horrible i hate that band
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2012, 12:15:07 AM »
Modest Mouse and Björk hmm :tup

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2012, 12:24:32 AM »

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2012, 12:28:15 AM »
trolol

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2012, 01:32:14 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2012, 05:13:51 AM »
Thanks for the comments everyone! :D
I really like these threads because it tends to get other people interested in music, and hopefully find something they'll enjoy. I know so, because I've found several artists and bands through recommendations myself.
Tyrias @ I am a big Post-Rock fan indeed, interestingly enough when I made this list I had about 60 albums which I had to narrow down to 50, and in those 10 which were cut, there were several Post-Rock albums actually. There's about 3-4 albums left on my list that will fall under the Post-Rock category though, and some other picks who has Post-Rock in their music, so stay tuned for that. ;)
Here with the first update for today, as I've done before I'll pop in later today with another update as well.

32. Anathema - Judgement (1999)

A masterpiece among the atmospheric rock/modern prog rock-scene, "Judgement" is Anathema's fifth album, and by many considered their magnum opus. I discovered Anathema a few years ago when I had begun checking out more Modern Prog-music (like Porcupine Tree), and after hearing the song "Fragile Dreams" (which is not on this album btw) I fell in love and had to check out more. By recommendation I started with this album, and I remember hearing it the first times so well! The first few times I listened to this album it did very little for me, it wasn't until after 6-7 plays or so that it really started to click. Many people probably think it's crazy to listen to an album that doesn't click early on, but for starters I'm a fairly stubborn person (and really want to get into stuff), and I honestly felt like there was something in the music, but I couldn't quite tell what it was.
It was also one of those albums where I felt like it was hard to pick out favorites, was it because the album lacked powerful songs? No, the answer was that all of the songs were truly amazing in their own ways, something I discovered more and more with each listen.
While Anathema can be connected to bands like Porcupine Tree, Oceansize, Pineapple Thief (and other Modern Prog-bands), they are more atmospheric and more depressing then either of those bands.
The lyrics, or at least the emotions in the songs could be compared to some of Blackfield's songs, the song "One Last Goodbye" is not only one of the band's most known songs, or one of the best songs on this album, it's also one of the most heartbreaking and sad songs I've heard. The music is rather catchy, melodic and has some really good melodies, and I swear that every time I listen to this album, I have a new favorite song. The first four songs on the album are almost like a medley, they flow into each other perfectly and create almost a 12-14 minute song. After that the album continues with strong songs, and when the album is over, you have just been blown away. ;)

Favorite songs: Forgotten Hopes, One Last Goodbye & Emotional Winter.

31. Thrice - Vheissu (2005)

Another band that has been highly praised here on DTF after Sigz(?) got everyone into them a while ago. While I loved The Alchemy Index and Beggars instantly, this album took more time to grow, but when it did it grew very fast.
The band has been described as being sort of a mix between post-hardcore and experimental rock, I'm not quite sure how to describe them, I guess it's easier to get an opinion if you hear them yourself. This album is certainly a good starting point, because it has both some heavier songs and some softer songs, mixing it up between the band's earlier catalog (which was more heavy) and their latter half which is slightly more melodic. This album is full of standout songs, I would also recommend to check out the two bonus songs that are only on the Japanese version (and also on Red Sky EP); "Flags of Dawn" and "Weight of Glory", both are brilliant.
Anyhow, some songs on the album are more acoustic, some are more piano-focused, some are full out heavy with guitars, some of the songs also has some more harsher vocals from Dustin Kensrue, who is an incredibly talented singer. He can sing so the vocals fits almost any genre out there.
This album (and the band) is certainly worth checking out if you haven't.  :tup

Favorite songs: For Miles, Like Moths to Flame, Stand and Feel Your Worth & Between the End and Where We Lie.

30. Opeth - Ghost Reveries (2005)

Next up we have my favorite Opeth-album, an album that I think is pretty flawless. (yet sadly it's not higher on the list)
I'm not quite sure why I have so warm feelings about this album, but I feel like the band really hit a homerun with this album, a perfect heavy/soft-ratio, some of the band's best songs and possibly a more mature album then Still Life or Blackwater Park. (No offense to those albums, they are amazing on their own rights)
One thing that made me appreciate the album even more, was when I early on discovered small tie-ins between songs on the album, small details that made me (as a fanboy) very excited. I'm talking about name-dropping songs in other songs, for instance in the middle section of "The Baying of the Hounds", Mikael sings "Beneath the mire" (which is a reference to the next song), in "Harlequin Forest", Mikael sings "Baying behind me, I hear the hounds" referencing to the song "The Baying of the Hounds".
Small things like this makes me pretty happy, because I'm more of an album-person rather then a song-person, so if there are links (apart from the flow on the album being good), I really enjoy that.
Otherwise the reasons for loving this album are obvious: "Isolation Years" - their best mellow song. "The Baying of the Hounds" - best song on the album. "Ghost of Perdition" - one of their most known songs. "Harlequin Forest" - Epic, Progressive masterpiece. "The Grand Conjuration" - so evil and twisted that even Iommi would shit his pants.

Favorite songs: Isolation Years, The Baying of the Hounds, Ghost of Perdition & Harlequin Forest.

Will be back later today with another update!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2012, 05:16:05 AM »
Ghost Reveries :hefdaddy
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jag66

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2012, 05:27:07 AM »
I much prefer a natural disaster to judgement myself, but great album none the less. Deep  :metal

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2012, 05:28:33 AM »
Judgement and Ghost Reveries :tup

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2012, 05:35:15 AM »
Great picks, Ghost Reveries is amazing!

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2012, 09:49:07 AM »
Mmmm Ghost Reveries

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2012, 10:08:53 AM »
3 great albums in a row. :)

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2012, 12:27:54 PM »
Time for another update, a bit earlier today then I've posted the second updates previous days, but mostly cause I have time for it now.
Here are the next 3 picks:

29. Agalloch - The Mantle (2002)

Another album fitting under the "want to place it higher, but simply cant"-category.
Agalloch is an American band, playing a mix of Black, Doom, Post and some Folk-Metal, add to that a Progressive touch and you have their style printed down a bit. They also have some ambient and noise-elements, but those aren't that present on this album, their second full length entitled "The Mantle".
Like Opeth, Agalloch utilizes lots of acoustic guitars in their music, especially on this album and "The White EP". They're also quite progressive and has a harsh vocals/soft vocals-thing going on, add to that the very strong Autumn/Winter-feel they have in their music, and you have quite a few similarities with Opeth.
There are a few differences though, I think Agalloch might be a bit more melodic, more acoustic guitars and they have another vibe. John Haughm has (since I discovered the band) become one of my favorite singers, the clean parts are handled very carefully, he switches between whispering out the lyrics and singing them, during some of the heavier/darker parts, he has the ability to shriek and almost scream them out, but compared to the other 3 Agalloch-albums, this is possibly a bit easier to get into.
Most of the album is acoustic, it has a few "between two songs"-instrumentals that really adds atmosphere and flow to the album, and the journey the album takes the listener on is amazing.
I used to listen to this album a lot when I got into the band (during a cold winter), and the winter days were just perfect for spinning this album.
For people who love acoustic guitars, lovely melodies and music not too far from Opeth. (in terms of sound)
Also, huge props to Portrucci for getting me into the band. I'm not sure if he still lurks around here, but he had the album cover as his avatar, for those of you who might remember.  :D

Favorite songs: In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion, I am the Wooden Doors & The Lodge.

28. The Pineapple Thief - Little Man (2006)

Time for another modern Prog-album, this time we have The Pineapple Thief, a British band who has opened for bands like Anathema and Porcupine Tree.
I discovered this band about 2 years ago, when I was listening heavily to Porcupine Tree, Radiohead, Anathema (to name a few), and I read that this band was like a mix of PT and Radiohead, sounded cool to me.
This is a band that I get into periods with, I can listen to them and reach 200 plays in a week, and then not listen to them again for a few months. Despite the rollercoaster, they have established themselves as one of my favorite modern bands, they have a Progressive-touch in their music, while playing a mix of Alternative and Indie-Rock, incorporating elements of Electronica and similar into their music.
They're still quite indie despite having released 8 albums, which is a bit sad for me as a fan, but I think doors have opened more and more, and they will release a new album now in 2012, hopefully something that will get them even further.
While their discography is very solid and consistent, I feel fairly confident in the fact that Little Man is my favorite album by them. It has a nice mix of all of their elements, some songs are more progressive, some are acoustic, some are piano-based, and the album has one of their most known songs - "Snowdrops", to me it feels like their "Trains". (The Porcupine Tree-song) Possibly because it also has a clapping-part, but just a very catchy tune and one of their finest.
While the music is quite heartbreaking at times, it's also uplifting and filled with emotions. Definitely a band I think more people should check out, a mix of Progressive, Alternative and Space Rock.

Favorite songs: God Bless the Child, Wilting Violet & Snowdrops.

27. Tool - Lateralus (2001)

Another album I consider a classic that Prog-fans just HAS to know, it's that trivial IMO. For the longest time this was one of my all time favorites, the fact that it isn't anymore doesn't really have much to do with it's quality, rather the fact that Tool has fallen a bit off my map by being so dead. While 10 000 Days and Aenima are great albums, Lateralus is their untouchable masterpiece for me, despite being almost 80 minutes long, it's consistent from beginning to end.
Tool was actually one of the gateway bands for me from Metal to Progressive music, and I got into Tool way before I got into bands like Opeth and Dream Theater, so in that sense I have Tool to thank for a lot of things, mostly getting me into Progressive music, which later has lead to where I am now.
This album is rather dark, progressive, long, and fairly heavy at times. While I rarely use the word myself, and I know many hate it, for those who think music can be pretentious, Tool would most certainly qualify as that, but not in a bad way. The fact that they did this album in a specific way, or time period resulted in the uniqueness it has, and I honestly don't think anyone else has managed to make an album that sounds similar to this one.
I first heard Tool when I played the game Guitar Hero: World Tour, the songs Parabola and Schism from this album are represented there. (as well as Vicarious from 10 000 Days)
Since the Tool-songs was the funniest ones to play in the game, it was natural for me to check the band out, and I immediately fell in love with their music.
The music has a very special "feel" to it that is hard to describe, Tool certainly have a unique sound, and if you don't know the band or this album, I recommend you to check it out.
One of the most important albums released in the 00's IMO.
Highlights? Try all of it. The way Parabol leads into Parabola, the concept of the title-track (seriously, check it out on Wikipedia or something), most of the songs are killer.

Favorite songs: The Patient, Schism, Parabol/Parabola & Lateralus.

More updates tomorrow!

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2012, 12:45:56 PM »
I should check out Pineapple Thief.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2012, 01:52:09 PM »
The Mantle is a masterpiece. It should be higher (lower!).

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2012, 05:42:20 PM »
Bloody hell I've fallen behind with this but it's such a great list, probably more albums I know and love than any other list I've seen here (except mine obviously!). The Amplifier and Modest Mouse albums in particular were very nice surprises, and it's great to see Act II make it into the list having been a recommendation from yours truly. :D

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2012, 06:18:08 PM »
Last 6 albums are awesome especially that THRICE ALBUM :hefdaddy

Offline adace

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2012, 06:30:34 PM »
The Mantle and Lateralus  :metal 

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2012, 06:51:25 PM »
Another awesome update! Haven't heard Pineapple Thief though.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2012, 11:30:36 PM »
All three albums are amazing, and my favourite from each.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2012, 02:59:42 AM »
Thanks for all the comments, really glad that you guys are digging the list so far.  :D
It's time for yet another update!

26. Porcupine Tree - Signify (1996)

Porcupine Tree enters my list at nr 26, with their fourth studio album entitled "Signify".
I discovered PT about 3 years ago, through Opeth (since Mikael mentioned them here and there, and SW being featured on some of the albums), naturally I checked them out.
The band was a blast getting into, I spent a whole summer listening to almost nonstop PT, and they quickly became my favorite band, a title I never thought they could lose, but eventually did. :p
Anyhow, Signify is pretty much the first "band-effort", Steven Wilson has said himself that he wrote pretty much the first three albums by himself, but that they went into this album intended to write it as a band.
The album has a nice mix between how older Porcupine Tree sounded (more Space/Prog Rock) with how the newer Porcupine Tree sounds (Alternative Rock, catchy melodies etc) and the result is amazing.
The album has a slightly darker atmosphere then the previous and following albums, it also has a bit of a Psychedelic touch to it, while still sounding very much like Porcupine Tree.
This album features some of the band's best songs, it's an amazing journey to listen to from start to finish, and personally I would take it over their other albums like "Lightbulb Sun", "Deadwing" or "In Absentia" every day.

Favorite songs: Dark Matter, Waiting (Both Phases), Sever & Sleep of No Dreaming.

25. Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third (2006)

Time for another "modern prog"-album on my list, we have the debut album by the British band "Pure Reason Revolution".
The band had a very unique style, incorporating some nice electronica into their music (especially on their second and third album), sadly the album broke up last year, which made me pretty sad since I had high hopes for the band.  :sadpanda:
With the case of this band, I think they hit a homerun with their debut album, it's a perfect Prog-album, and while their other two albums are certainly great and worth checking out, they're not as good as this album.
There's one annoying thing regarding this album, and that is the fact that it has 3 or 4 different releases, there's one release in the US, one in the Europe and a 2 Disc version, so the tracklist differs a bit.
I had the 2 Disc-one for the longest time on my computer, but when the harddrive died and I got a new computer, sadly I haven't been able to get it yet, but I'm working on it!  ;)
What makes this band unique compared to other bands like PT, Anathema and Pineapple Thief, is that Pure Reason Revolution focuses quite a lot on harmony-vocals, both male and female vocals - which results in a very nice variety in songs. As I mentioned earlier they also have a thing for Electronic-music which they like to incorporate into their music, it's more something you might notice on their other albums, but it's a bit on this album as well.
The album is packed with standout songs and interesting music-parts, and it's another album that falls under the "Debut-album that is so awesome you can't believe it"-category, and I have a big amount of respect for it, purely based on the fact that it's the bands first effort.

Favorite songs: Goshen's Remains, Apprentice of the Universe, Bullitts Dominæ & The Twyncyn / Trembling Willows.

24. No-Man - Schoolyard Ghosts (2008)

Time for another band on my list, we have the collaboration between Steven Wilson and Tim Bowness, also known as "No-Man".
No-Man was actually a project before Porcupine Tree pretty much, formed back in 1987 already, and they could quite possibly have become bigger then PT if SW had focused more on this project.
No-Man is quite different from SW's other projects, for starters he doesn't sing (except for harmony-vocals), as usual he plays tons of instruments though. The music itself is sort of a hybrid between Art-Rock and Post-Rock, many of the songs are heavily piano-based, "All Sweet Things" (one of their most known songs) is the opener on this album, and it's piano-based for example.
While this album certainly has a Progressive-touch to it, (especially the almost 13 minute long-track Truenorth) it's not metal or Progressive Rock in THAT sense. If you're going into the album hoping for some heavier guitars you will most likely get disappointed, there are electric guitars, but many of the songs are more in the piano/acoustic guitar-style.
"Pigeon Drummer" is quite possibly one of the most haunting and disturbing songs Steven has released (even counting his solo-albums), it's an almost industrial and dark piece of music with some haunting vocals over it, the song has the heaviest sections on the album, but again... not in the classical sense of heavy guitars like that. Listen to it, you'll see what I mean. ;)
The album is a wonderful experience, while it took some spins for me to get into, I consider it one of Steven Wilson's best albums, and while it isn't the case on this list now, there are days when I think this is his best release. (there's still a few to come on the list) It's packed with standout songs, and sadly there hasn't been much fuzz about this project compared to Blackfield or his solo-stuff, but hopefully that will change. :)

Favorite songs: Truenorth, Streaming, Song of the Surf & Beautiful Songs You Should Know.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2012, 03:36:38 AM »
Signify  :heart
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2012, 06:12:30 AM »
Have only listened to Signify, not one of my fave PT records but still good.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2012, 06:49:03 AM »
Ok.  Mad love for,

Pineapple Thief
Tool
Porcupine Tree
Thrice
Opeth
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2012, 09:53:35 AM »
I have that PRR disc but I have yet to listen to it. I only know the Trembling Willows song, and it is great.

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2012, 10:38:28 AM »
Ok.  Mad love for,

Pineapple Thief
Tool
Porcupine Tree
Thrice
Opeth

Same here. Some others I've wanted to try for a while (Anathema, Pain of Salvation, Agalloch) so it's nice to have starting points for them.

Great list so far.

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2012, 10:41:36 AM »
Astonishingly good picks so far, I just don't rate Signify at all but other than that I'm completely in agreement. I'd place/did place Lateralus higher, but oh well.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2012, 12:46:16 PM »
Time for the second update for today!

23. Sigur Rós - Takk (2005)

Up next we have another Sigur Rós album, quite possibly their most accessible album, and one of their best.
This was the first album of theirs I heard, and I remember listening to it almost every day at the time, this album was one of those albums that really clicked more and more with each listen.
The combination of consistency and having some of the band's best songs make this album absolutely trivial for anyone interested in the Post-Rock scene, or just anyone who appreciates really beautiful music. The album has "Glosoli" and "Hoppipolla", two of the band's most known songs, the latter is a song I think most people would recognize, the piano-intro specifically has been used here and there, and is very easy to spot.
Interestingly enough, the last 4 albums by Sigur Rós are strongly related to seasons for me, Takk is a spring time-album, Med Sud... is a summer album, Agaetis Byrjun is an autumn album, and ( ) is a winter album. The positive thing to come out of this is that I can pretty much listen to the band the whole year, something that isn't the same for me with a band like Opeth for example, where it almost has to be autumn or winter for me to enjoy it on the same level.  :biggrin:
Anyhow, this album is pure beauty from start to finish, and I have only good things to say about it.

Favorite songs: Milanó, Sé lest, Sæglópur & Hoppípolla.

22. Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here (2010)

At number 22 we have my favorite album by Anathema, just barely beating out Judgement. (and to some extent some of their other albums) I must say that this album is quite different from the band's catalog, and comparing this to Judgement is like comparing night and day.
Anathema has for the longest time been a fairly depressive band (lyric-wise, some sad music as well), but with this album they really made something drastically different, they made an album that is rather uplifting, positive and light. (compared to the darker earlier albums)
While the change (and if its good or not) could be discussed endlessly, I'd rather focus on the music and it's quality, in this case it's top notch, and while it took the band 7 years to come out with this album, the result more then enough weighs up for that.
While Porcupine Tree and Anathema have been fairly even for me since I discovered both, this album (I think) is divisions better then The Incident. (Porcupine Tree's latest album, which is still good) It's just one of the best albums that has come out recently, it takes everything the band has done so well for the last 15 years, and pushes it to another level. Musically, Anathema has never sounded so good, so tight, it is easy to notice how almost a burden has been lifted from their shoulders with the change from dark to light, this album is uplifting, positive and will make you smile even if you are going through rough times.
It contains some of the band's best songs, "Thin Air", "Summernight Horizon", "Universal" just to name a few, the latter starts off fairly slow with a melody building, the song ends with a bombastic climax, a piano outro which makes the song one of my all time favorites, the outro itself is quite possibly the most brilliant piano part anyone has EVER written.
The album takes you on a journey containing everything from Progressive, Atmospheric and Post-Rock, the album begins with the uplifting and hauntingly beautiful "Thin Air", and ends with the epic instrumental-piece "Hindsight", quite possibly one of the best instrumentals to have come out in the 00's.
The cover-art of this album fits the music on it perfectly, and I have no idea how the band will ever top this album, though I'm confident that they can do it. If you haven't heard this album, you simply have to!

Favorite songs: Universal, Thin Air, Summernight Horizon & Hindsight.

21. Blackfield - Blackfield (2004)

Finally for this update, we have my favorite Blackfield album, their self-titled debut album. I really wanted to place this album even higher, on some days it's quite easily up in my top10, some days it's top20, but despite the nr21 part, it rarely falls much lower then that.
Sad melancholic lyrics and music is what Blackfield is all about, art-rock/pop music, mostly written by Aviv Geffen but polished by Steven Wilson, who has also written some stuff.
This album is very easily my favorite by the band, the consistency of this album is crazy, the lowpoints are the songs that are only 9,5 out of 10, while the high points are some of the best songs SW has ever been involved with. (in any project)
The album has some of the band's most known songs like "Open Mind", "Blackfield", "Cloudy Now", but while those songs are certainly good, I think the best songs are the other songs. Songs like "Scars", "Lullaby", "Pain", "Summer" and "Hello".
Many of the songs have rather short names, the lengths are around ~4 minute on each song (pretty much pop-formula), while the album is just below 40 minutes, not a single second is a waste.
This is heartbreaking, beautiful and soulcrushing music, all wrapped up in a neat little package. Blackfield - A classic.

Favorite songs: Summer, Scars, Lullaby & Hello.

More to come tomorrow!

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »
Some great picks so far, I think you and I are one of the few that like Blackfield I over Blackfield II  :lol

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2012, 01:05:39 PM »
WHBWH = WIN

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2012, 04:25:14 PM »
This is an awesome list.  :tup