Author Topic: Official TV Thread v. It Finally Happened  (Read 148802 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Official TV Thread v. It Finally Happened
« Reply #1680 on: December 18, 2014, 08:09:51 AM »
I never got into Warehouse 13.  So hearing that The Librarians comes off somewhat as a knockoff means that I can avoid that as well.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1681 on: December 18, 2014, 08:43:34 AM »
I never got into Warehouse 13.  So hearing that The Librarians comes off somewhat as a knockoff means that I can avoid that as well.

Warehouse 13 was a really neat and fun show. The chemistry between the (2) major characters was what made it....and the scripts were surprisingly witty and funny and delivered very well by the actors. It's a shame that SyFy dumped the show to make things like Defiance and Z -Nation.......
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #1682 on: December 18, 2014, 10:06:13 AM »
I should know which two wrestlers it is that are in Amazing Race, but I can't remember so.. Which two is it?
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1683 on: December 18, 2014, 11:37:54 AM »
TNA wrestlers Brooke and Robbie E
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1684 on: December 19, 2014, 01:51:11 AM »

Warehouse 13 was a really neat and fun show. The chemistry between the (2) major characters was what made it....and the scripts were surprisingly witty and funny and delivered very well by the actors. It's a shame that SyFy dumped the show to make things like Defiance and Z -Nation.......
Warehouse 13 felt like a Supernatural knockoff to me.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1685 on: December 19, 2014, 03:12:52 AM »

Warehouse 13 felt like a Supernatural knockoff to me.

It's nothing like it, aside from some very general elements that are common to many shows and have been around a lot longer than either one.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1686 on: December 19, 2014, 10:50:09 AM »
W13 could be like Supernatural, but it's actually good. And very fun, especially between the two main leads.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1687 on: December 19, 2014, 11:00:08 AM »
Am I the only one here who watched 'ASCENSION'?  I liked it alot but what frustrated me was the fact that I thought it was a (3) night event only....just a 6 hour mini series and the way it ended certainly had more of a 'longer' series feel. I mean, **slight spoiler***

there really was no resolution or conclusion.....it was VERY open ended and certainly demands at least another couple hours to clarify and wrap up that show. I'm guessing they were testing the waters to see what the viewership was like to determine whether they'd sink more money into it, but I sure would have liked a more solid wrap up.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1688 on: December 19, 2014, 05:20:11 PM »
I don't usually post in this thread, but since a TV show (with no thread of it's own) I follow has officially ended, I figured I should at least mention it.

Any other 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' fans here? 'The Legend of Korra' ended today, and while it was never at all as good as TLA, I think it was well worth the time I spent following it.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1689 on: December 19, 2014, 06:02:52 PM »
W13 could be like Supernatural, but it's actually good. And very fun, especially between the two main leads.

Supernatural has only been mildly entertaining since season 6, but I'm going to watch it til the end. Seasons 1-5 are great.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1690 on: December 19, 2014, 09:48:56 PM »

Supernatural has only been mildly entertaining since season 6, but I'm going to watch it til the end. Seasons 1-5 are great.
I just got a friend into Supernatural and I've been watching it with him from the get-go. I found season 1 pretty boring, 2 is an improvement. I'd say 3-5 are the best, but I thoroughly enjoy everything after the first half of season 6. Yes, after. I'm looking at you, RoboSam.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #1691 on: December 20, 2014, 12:32:07 AM »
Season 1 was certainly a bit slow, although when Meg is first introduced everything kicks up a gear. First half of Season 6 is very dull. Damn it Robosam.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1692 on: December 20, 2014, 05:45:40 AM »
Sad to see the end of The Colbert Report.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1693 on: December 20, 2014, 01:25:22 PM »
Sad to see the end of The Colbert Report.

Even though that ending was awesome, I rarely watched him.  I was much more likely to watch The Daily Show, since I enjoy Jon Stewart's playful silliness a lot more than Colbert's sarcastic bite.  Colbert was more, "Ah, that's clever," while Stewart regularly gets me to actually laugh out loud.  Both are utterly brilliant regardless.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1694 on: December 21, 2014, 07:49:30 PM »
So I've spent the week home alone.... so wanna know what I've been doing?

REWATCH ALL THE SCRUBS!!!!

Got I love this show :heart
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1695 on: December 22, 2014, 07:37:02 AM »
^ Probably one of my favorite comedy shows. Like all such, it has some issues, but it handles them better than most by being just simply very funny.

That final scene with the projector gets me every time. Manly tears.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1696 on: December 22, 2014, 08:47:39 AM »
I don't usually post in this thread, but since a TV show (with no thread of it's own) I follow has officially ended, I figured I should at least mention it.

Any other 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' fans here? 'The Legend of Korra' ended today, and while it was never at all as good as TLA, I think it was well worth the time I spent following it.

Great show, and I loved the finale. Korrasami!

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1697 on: December 22, 2014, 09:14:38 AM »

Yeah, I actually thought they were gonna go for the kiss there at the end. The internet would've gone crazy if they did, but it would've been really cool.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1698 on: December 22, 2014, 09:35:45 AM »

Yeah, I actually thought they were gonna go for the kiss there at the end. The internet would've gone crazy if they did, but it would've been really cool.

I think they went crazy anyways, haha. I half-expected that too, though I actually prefer the slightly ambiguous ending. Bryan Konietzko said: "This is my new theory. Fans are more interested in imagining relationships between a myriad of pairings. But they’re profoundly disinterested in seeing any of those things manifest themselves on the show.” Not necessarily true in all cases, but I feel that it works for this show.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1699 on: December 22, 2014, 03:49:41 PM »

I think they went crazy anyways, haha. I half-expected that too, though I actually prefer the slightly ambiguous ending. Bryan Konietzko said: "This is my new theory. Fans are more interested in imagining relationships between a myriad of pairings. But they’re profoundly disinterested in seeing any of those things manifest themselves on the show.” Not necessarily true in all cases, but I feel that it works for this show.

That's a pretty good point. And yeah the end worked perfectly well as it was.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1700 on: December 23, 2014, 10:04:17 AM »
Finally caught up with The Flash.  A little disappointed in the reveal at the end of the final episode.  I hope it's not that simple.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1701 on: December 23, 2014, 10:46:10 AM »
Finally caught up with The Flash.  A little disappointed in the reveal at the end of the final episode.  I hope it's not that simple.

I don't think it is.  If it isn't I love where they are going.  Dr. Harrison Wells is a mysterious man.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1702 on: December 23, 2014, 11:00:27 AM »
I've been harboring hopes that he is really the speed guru Max Mercury.  Plus, I know the real name of the Reverse Flash from the comics, and it isn't Harrison Wells (unless some change has been made of which I am unaware).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1703 on: December 23, 2014, 11:07:42 AM »
Me too but I've been wondering if they will stay true to the comics or not.  Either way, it's been a good first season for the show so far.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1704 on: December 23, 2014, 11:16:56 AM »
Me too but I've been wondering if they will stay true to the comics or not.  Either way, it's been a good first season for the show so far.
Agreed, much better than I was afraid it would be.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1705 on: December 23, 2014, 11:50:59 AM »

That ending was absolutely perfect. :metal :tup
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1706 on: December 24, 2014, 04:33:23 PM »
Just finished Warehouse 13. A bit rushed and predictable but still very well done, satisfying and giving you that warm fuzzy feeling. A bit sad that it's gone now, it was a lot of fun. Myka and Peter are a great combo and it will be hard to find something that works as well.

Tried The Librarians. I'm surprised that it got greenlit in the first place, it's like W13 but worse in every way.

edit:

I also just watched the entire first season of From Dusk Till Dawn. I expected total shit, but it surprised me. I can't wait for the second season, what a great show!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:20:46 PM by abydos »

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1707 on: January 27, 2015, 09:44:48 AM »
Anyone watching '12 Monkeys' on SyFy? I've enjoyed it thus far...given it's only been two episodes but I'm surprised at how much I like it. I'm curious as to how many seaons they forsee this going to tell the story? I'd think that a good solid season of (16) episodes could tell that story but I suppose you could extend it.

Also, I had all but given up on Season 1 of HELIX...only watched the whole season due to just wanting to stick it out and was just kind of ....mehh...about it. It was OK. But, the first couple episodes of season 2 have kind of re-kindled the interest for me. I've enjoyed those as well. It's an interesting way they are going about telling the story with (2) different periods of time in play...not ground breaking as far as the idea but it's an interesting way to approach the second season.

What about 'Face Off'? anyone watch that? I like that show a lot...it's fascinating how those people can create those costumes and make-ups in a couple days. Very neat stuff!!!

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1708 on: January 27, 2015, 08:01:49 PM »
I watched the first episode of 12 Monkeys, haven't gotten around to the second yet. I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm hoping the characters flesh out and become more interesting soon, though.

I couldn't stand Helix long enough to finish the first season.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1709 on: January 27, 2015, 11:25:05 PM »
I hope 12 Monkeys gets shown in Australia..it looks great.

Just finished watching Season 1 of Vikings .. not bad.

Currently watching the last episode of Amercian Horror Story.  Thank f**k it is over!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1710 on: January 28, 2015, 07:02:59 AM »
I meant to get caught up on 12 Monkeys yesterday, but never got around to it.

My daughter and I watch Face Off.  Good stuff.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1711 on: January 28, 2015, 07:32:23 AM »
Just finished watching Season 1 of Vikings .. not bad.

Yeah, I like Vikings a lot....it's been pretty good. I'm curious as to how many seasons they can possibly get out of the story of 'Ragnal' though?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1712 on: January 28, 2015, 09:17:47 AM »
Currently watching the last episode of Amercian Horror Story.  Thank f**k it is over!

I ended up staying with it despite being very disinterested after the first few episodes. The mid season episodes were the best.....but I thought this seasons first few episodes and last few episodes were pretty lackluster. I thought the 'story' this season was the weakest of the series so far....for me it never really was a full story but just a mish mash of sorts. Overall I wasn't impressed by it. I'll give the next season a shot but don't think I'll "fall for it" again....if it's weak the first few episodes I no longer have faith it can come around in the end.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #1713 on: January 28, 2015, 09:53:49 AM »
Next season will be interesting because a lot of the regulars won't be back, like Sarah and Jessica

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1714 on: January 28, 2015, 10:25:42 AM »
Now that I'm caught up with Agents of Shield, I thought I'd give DC a shot with Arrow, having heard lots of good things.  Honestly, after 5 episodes I'm not really feeling it. Maybe it's because while the show is trying to remain grounded in reality (a la Chris Nolan) I'm finding the plot drivers unbelievable. Is this representative of the rest of the show?