Author Topic: Prometheus (Ridley Scott's new movie) ***SPOILERS***  (Read 36516 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Prometheus (Ridley Scott's new movie) ***SPOILERS***
« Reply #385 on: January 20, 2016, 04:22:45 PM »
Maybe I missed something in the movie but it never set itself up to have an obvious sequel or sequels since it was presented as a very singular entity despite some Alien callbacks.

Really??  It ended with Shaw saying she wanted to get answers, and her and David flying off to find the Engineers' home world.  And there were all kinds of loose ends left unresolved, at least some of which are obviously meant to be dealt with in the follow up films. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #386 on: January 20, 2016, 04:25:38 PM »
I vaguely remember that, although I cared so little for the characters I guess the story had reached its conclusion in my mind.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #387 on: August 16, 2017, 09:30:31 AM »
With Alien: Covenant set to release on home video soon, articles are beginning to surface again.

This one is really cool, but very spoilery in terms of some REALLY meaty stuff revealed in bonus features:  https://screenrant.com/alien-covenant-deleted-scenes-explained-david-shaw-xenomorph-creation/

This one is cool in terms of Cameron's thoughts on the last film:  https://screenrant.com/alien-covenant-james-cameron-ridley-scott/

But I did find this statement a little off-base:

I thought that Alien: Covenant was a great ride. It was beautiful. I love Ridley’s films, I love his filmmaking; I love the beauty of the photography. I love the visceral sense that you’re that, that you’re present. It’s not a film that I would have made. I hope I’m not spoiling this for anybody, but I don’t like films where you invest in a character and they get destroyed at the end. So, I would not have made that film.

Uh...

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #388 on: August 16, 2017, 09:41:55 AM »
Not to mention 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #389 on: August 16, 2017, 09:42:48 AM »
And Let's also not forget

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #390 on: August 16, 2017, 09:49:15 AM »
:lol  Good point.

EDIT:  Oh, and:

Added

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #391 on: August 17, 2017, 05:02:35 AM »
Yes, but what is the code ??

:bolsters:
:immelting:
:ohwhataworld:
:astalavista:
:terminator2:

Five strikes and I'm out.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion