Author Topic: when I think my life is turning around for the better ...it kicks me in the nuts  (Read 1127 times)

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
Just some background for those that don't know about my personal life ....

I am a recovering alcoholic ...2 1/2 years ago I decide to I was sick and tired of being sick and tired and decided to clean myself up ...with the exception of a one week binge 18 months ago I have remained sober, it hasn't been easy, but its something I am grateful for each and everyday

I am also a divorced dad of 3 boys (17/15/12) I get along great with my ex and I can say she is probably my best friend.

I work on "Wall street" and have for the last 27 years , I was let go from my company in Oct 2009 and was out of work for a year. Oct 2010 i get a call out of the blue with a new job offer (consulting) within 2 months I get offered a perm job with the company and last week I got a raise (10%) which is always helpful. My oldest son just passed his drivers test, which mean I don't have to play taxi any longer, for the most part my life was good, not great but good

My ex was diagnosed with Cancer 9 years ago after 2 re-occurences she had been cancer free for the last 6 years , about 9 months ago, they found a node on her left lung. She went and had the surgery to have it removed, 3 month follow-up they find a node on her right lung, again more surgery. We went back again this past Monday as part of her routine check-ups , they found a tumor on her kidney ( they claim the tumor is almost 8 cms) and that the chance of saving the kidney is very small, as part of the testing they drew some blood, they say her results came back extremely abnormal.  They fear the cancer has gotten into her blood and now maybe running rampant, Chemo isn't an option at this point as the last cycle she received really messed with her healthy organs and immune system.

The kids are devastated as am I, but i need to try to stay strong for the kids

Sorry for going on and on, but just needed somewhere to rant/vent get this shit off my chest

Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
really sorry to hear this news, wkiml

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
Really sorry to hear this, it's a horrible feeling to worry about someone you love and have to watch them suffer mentally and physically. I hope you are the kinda guy who can open up to your friends about this too as you could probably use a little support right now.
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
No words can express the pain I feel for you.  I will always hold on to hope for you and your family.  Hang in there.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
I'm sorry to hear about ex Bill.  Hang tough, I know you will.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
Dang man, sorry to hear about everything. Sending good thoughts your way.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Man, that's terrible.  Stay strong.   

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Prayer said and, by all means, PM me if you ever need someone to chat with about this. I'm literally on DTF for hours at a time and would be glad to know I'm helping make any aspect of this easier for you to handle. Take care buddy :tup
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
That's a real bummer :( stay strong, man

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Sorry to hear that man, will be praying for you and yours.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
That's horrible man... My thoughts are with you.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
 :(, so sorry. Thinking of y'all.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks for all your word of encouragement and prayers

@blackfloyd...much appreciated

@cinema...Being a person in recovery myself I have a large network of people to open up too
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
 Sorry wkiml. You have been through a lot and have endured. Try and stay positive around the kids, it will help them cope a little easier if they see you feeling upbeat and optimistic. You can be there greatest strength right now.
Hang in there and god bless.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
wow... you and your family have been through a lot wkiml... sorry to hear all these.... hang in there.... you'll be in my thoughts!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Hang in there man, my heart goes out to your family. 

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
Sorry to hear of this wkiml.   :(   Hang in there. 
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa