Author Topic: Arizona: 7,5 years in prison for driving in the wrong direction  (Read 4012 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Arizona: 7,5 years in prison for driving in the wrong direction
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 09:12:55 AM »
Barto, my mom moved to Texas. She has echoed that the people are incredibly hospitable. They know where she works that her family is in Michigan. They take her out and do things. Even so much as "forcing her" to go out when she doesn't feel like it.
It's a weird thing.  From the philosophical standpoint I think Texans are genuine assholes.  From the practical side, those same people that I think epitomize what's wrong with America would often be the first to pull over on the highway to help you change your tire.

Alas, I think that hospitality is diminishing.  It's really more of a rural thing, and with increased urbanization, you get more douchebags.  Still, when I travel inside of this country it's pretty stark just how much friendlier we tend to be than everybody else.  Hell,  I tried to break my habit (unsuccessful) of holding doors open for people in NYC because I got tired of being looked at like I was a tard. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 09:15:09 AM »
Yeah. Where I am in Michigan we can be nice. We wave at just about any car that drives by. Family from elsewhere quits asking if we knew who they were. Just something we do.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 09:20:35 AM »
Holy shit, I don't know why I didn't notice the irony before.  This kid's troubles began because he drove into a street festival.  A street festival celebrating the fact they their city was mentioned in an Eagle's song extolling the virtues of just being cool and taking it easy.   :rollin
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2012, 11:01:34 AM »
Yes you are.

Fixed to show what you're really thinking.

Except I'm an American too so only sort of. :loser:
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude: