Author Topic: jingle.boy's Top 50 Albums - v. the Necrominicon epilogue  (Read 28070 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: jingle.boy's Top 50 Albums - v. a double dose of DT
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »
While I'm not one of those who puts SFaM in their DT top 4, I like it more than ToT.

Nice way of saying you dislike ToT, it's a phrase I could have used  :lol

On topic; interesting choices so far. I'm not too familiar with Star One, what's a good place to start?

Yeah, I didn't notice the 'backhanded' compliment that was.  Like saying 'you don't sweat much for a fat guy'.

WRT Star One, there's only two studio albums, so either of them.  I'd start chronologically, but either way, you can't go wrong. 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
Great picks! Two great DT albums.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2011, 11:08:55 PM »
While I'm not one of those who puts SFaM in their DT top 4, I like it more than ToT.

Nice way of saying you dislike ToT, it's a phrase I could have used  :lol

On topic; interesting choices so far. I'm not too familiar with Star One, what's a good place to start?

The only DT album I don't actively "like" is SC.  I'm a fanboy, I just put SFAM 5th and ToT 10th.

I like Space Metal more too, but that's mostly because it has Master of Darkness.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: jingle.boy's Top 50 Albums - v. gobble gobble
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2011, 06:38:10 AM »
30) Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast (1982)

I’ve read articles that suggest about 10% of American’s got their first job at McDonald’s.  Well, I’d be willing to bet at least 10% of my generation got their first taste of metal through The Number of the Beast.  This has to be considered one of the best classic Metal album of all time.  No matter what you think about this album (and damn, there better be nobody reading this who has never heard it), it revolutionized metal, and I’ll bet stands as a significant influence of virtually every metal-style band in existence since 1982.  Despite the protests and backlash coming from social conservative PTA types (or perhaps because of it) that Iron Maiden and the musical themes were ‘satanic’, the album was a commercial success, elevating Maiden to be THE metal band of the decade.  This album set the successful musical formula that Iron Maiden still employs … slow buildups, galloping bass runs, back and forth guitar riffs and solos, repetitive chorus’s, and Bruce.  ‘nuff said.

Fav Songs – <the big 3>, Children of the Damned, 22 Acacia Avenue
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2011, 06:42:16 AM »
29) Rush, Hemispheres (1978)

Stuck right in the middle of what is the best five album run by any band, at any time ever (and done in a 5 year period), Hemispheres delivers four tracks of four very different styles – an absolute EPIC gem, a catchy rockin tune, a pure progressive yet accessible track, and a technical/jaw-dropping instrumental. This has to be Rush’s most technically complex writing, and what Hemispheres lacks in quantity MORE than makes up for in quality.  Four tracks, all could be the standout track from the album of pretty much any other artist, or any album from 1978.  La Villa Strangiato is indeed an “exercise in self indulgence”.  How three individuals can create the kinds of sounds that come out of Hemispheres is truly mind=blown.  It took me a while to really appreciate both Cygnus X-1 songs, but the longer “Book II” is an absolute masterpiece.  Going where only 2112 had gone before, the title track from this disc is yet another epic multi-movement piece that takes more than a couple of attempts for the listener to fully comprehend and appreciate the magic that Rush has provided.  Geddy’s vocals were at his peak in the late 70s; Neal was an absolute beast on the skins; and Alex was at his creative best.

FFav Songs … well, all four of them.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2011, 06:45:08 AM »
28) Nightwish, Once (2004)

In 2005 or so, I was often listening to some online music services, just to hear some different sounds/styles, and mix things up a little.  So this track comes on with a symphony beating away, and a choir chanting; drums come in to complement it, and I’m thinking ‘hhhmmmm, interesting’.  Then the guitars hit, this mild growling voice starts out, and then this angel of an operatic voice takes over.  Holy schneiky!  I was instantly gripped.  The track was Planet Hell, and introduced me to symphonic metal.  Nothing I’d ever heard before was anything like it.  It was almost like the first time I heard Led Zeppelin, and Dream Theater… it was so different (and awesome) from anything I had in my catalogue, or anything I’d ever heard.  Tarja’s vocals are just mesmerizing at times – you can get lost in her voice.  Compelled to listen to the disc, I found such diversity of sounds – ballads, head-banging, some in-between, Finnish lyrics, a Native American prayer/chant – yet always with the theme of the symphony/orchestra, and Tarja’s powerful vocals.  For you Europeans, you know how huge Nightwish was in 2004 … this album entered the charts at #1 in 4 countries, selling 80,000 copies in Germany in week 1 of its release.

Fav Songs – Ghost Love Score, Creek Mary’s Blood, Planet Hell

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2011, 08:03:13 AM »
I remember hearing Number Of The Beast at a neighbors house and I had to have it.

My Rush Hemispheres album got worn out from me playing it so much.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2011, 08:50:48 AM »
30) Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast (1982)

I’ve read articles that suggest about 10% of American’s got their first job at McDonald’s.  Well, I’d be willing to bet at least 10% of my generation got their first taste of metal through The Number of the Beast.  This has to be considered one of the best classic Metal album of all time.  No matter what you think about this album (and damn, there better be nobody reading this who has never heard it), it revolutionized metal, and I’ll bet stands as a significant influence of virtually every metal-style band in existence since 1982.  Despite the protests and backlash coming from social conservative PTA types (or perhaps because of it) that Iron Maiden and the musical themes were ‘satanic’, the album was a commercial success, elevating Maiden to be THE metal band of the decade.  This album set the successful musical formula that Iron Maiden still employs … slow buildups, galloping bass runs, back and forth guitar riffs and solos, repetitive chorus’s, and Bruce.  ‘nuff said.

Fav Songs – <the big 3>, Children of the Damned, 22 Acacia Avenue

Sorry to disappoint but.... I've never heard it.  I've heard "Run to the Hills" and maybe a couple Iron Maiden songs on Pandora radio.  but that's it.  The album art and the type of people that wore the maiden T shirts in my youth in southern Arkansas turned me off of them before I ever heard them.

So.  What exactly are the lyrics about?  Are they satanic?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2011, 09:08:08 AM »
It's not satanic, its about a dream, but the guy doesn't like what he sees.  There is even the line "This can't go on, I must inform the law"

Maiden isn't remotely Satanic.

3 excellent choices JB

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2011, 09:24:45 AM »
It's not satanic, its about a dream, but the guy doesn't like what he sees.  There is even the line "This can't go on, I must inform the law"

Maiden isn't remotely Satanic.

3 excellent choices JB

Ok.  Maybe I'll fire it up on Napster and give it a try. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »
Because of the artwork and title, it got slammed by conservative movements as satanic.  The title track does talk about 666 being the number of the beast, but that's as close to satan as you get.  Nothing else broaches the subject.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2011, 01:03:44 PM »
This list of albums is amazing!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2011, 01:04:43 PM »
3 great albums. :)

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »
All amazing picks!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2011, 04:03:47 PM »
Highly disappointed with the two Iron Maiden picks so far. I wouldn't have either album in my top 7 or 8 for Maiden. Nice to see Into the Electric Castle get some love, fantastic album. Star One is of course amazing, Hemispheres would be higher for me but it's nice to see it anyway, and FUCK is a fantastic Van Halen album and probably their best and certainly is nice to see it on here. I would prefer to see Mechanical Resonance on this list, but it's nice to see Tesla in general.

And finally, hell fucking yes on Train of Thought being on here, fantastic album.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2011, 03:14:08 AM »
Highly disappointed with the two Iron Maiden picks so far.
Me neither, both would be 11th or lower for me :p

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2011, 05:15:46 AM »

Well, I won't hold that against either of you.   ;)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2011, 05:44:18 AM »

Well, I won't hold that against either of you.   ;)

While NotB isn't my favourite Maiden either, 11th or lower?? What?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2011, 08:20:50 PM »
27) Bon Jovi, Slippery When Wet (1986)

This album could very well be considered the launch of glam rock’s second coming in the 80s, as it wasn’t really until the mid-80s that glam rock really took off in terms of mainstream appreciation and success.  It turned Bon Jovi from just another 80s rock band to massive superstars that have influence (still to this day) in the industry.  With some writing influence/assistance from Desmond Child, Bon Jovi created an album with just the right blend hard rock umph, catchy riffs, simple and fun lyrical themes (for 1986) and overall musicianship that radio, MTV and the general public could latch on to.  The very opening chord on track 1 sets the mood for a solid rock listening experience that the rest of the album more than sufficiently delivers upon.

Fav Songs – Wanted Dead or Alive, Wild in the Streets, Raise Your Hands

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
26) Coverdale/Page, Coverdale/Page (1993)

During the 80s, Robert Plant did his best to distance himself from his Led Zeppelin legacy, despite pressure from the music industry, and his band-mates to re-form.  So, for some unknown reason, David Coverdale was seen as the next best thing to team with Page musically.  With both being signed to Geffen, and after Coverdale “disbanded” Whitesnake, the timing was just right.  The resulting one-time album was a mild commercial success.  For me, it came at a time when I was still a fan of the glam rock genre, but (as mentioned) was starting to transition my tastes.  Zeppelin was (and still is) my favorite band, so this collaboration (and the resulting output) hit a home run for me.  Page is dynamite… gritty riffs flow throughout the album, along with his unmistakable blues sound and feel.  Coverdale’s vocals on a few of the tracks are as good as anything he ever did with Deep Purple or Whitesnake.   Some of the tracks invariably slide into the realm of glam, but by and large, the album is what one would expect from the union of the guitar king of the 70s, and one of the better vocalists of the 80s.  It moulds elements of metal, blues, and rock with a Zeppelin-esque influence that probably would’ve received much more attention had it been released in the prior decade when the market was craving that sound.

Fav Songs – Whisper a Prayer For the Dying, Absolution Blues, Feeling Hot

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
25) Circus Maximus, The First Chapter (2005)

Some would say Dream Theater rip-offs.  Kris would say lazy-unfocused-pricks-that-make-fans-wait-five-years-for-another-great-album.  I like to think of them as what would result if DT and Symphony X had a love child together.  However you want to classify them, this quintet from Norway put out an absolutely stunning debut prog-metal album, blending rock, metal, symphonic, prog and pop into 8 fantastic tracks.  Lyrically, themes representing a journey to salvation dominate throughout – highlighted by their interpretation of Gladiator in Glory of the Empire.  Vocally, Michael Eriksen shines the way James did on I&W.  Melodies range from slow/soft/acoustic, to pure head-banging/raunchy/double bass pounding riffs.  Keyboard support, blistering unisons, sporadic time and key changes makes this a fully rounded progressive experience.  Musically, one could hardly say this album was ground-breaking, or filled with any sense of ingenuity.  None-the-less, the content in and of itself more than compensates for the slight lack of originality within the prog-metal genre.

Fav Songs – Glory of the Empire, Biosfear, Alive

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
Dream Theater rip-offs or not, i really like Circus Maximus. Really great, entertaining music. You'd probably like Andromeda too (if you don't already.)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Man, do you remember how damn big Slippery When Wet was?!!  It was smash hit after smash hit.  Great care free rocking 80's album.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 06:39:31 AM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Dream Theater rip-offs or not, i really like Circus Maximus. Really great, entertaining music. You'd probably like Andromeda too (if you don't already.)

I don't have anything by them.  Where should I start?

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member

I don't have anything by them.  Where should I start?
I don't have all their material, but the album The Immunity Zone is pretty great. Here's a cool live song too, not sure from which album though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTlaxL8rh4s

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
26) Coverdale/Page, Coverdale/Page (1993)

During the 80s, Robert Plant did his best to distance himself from his Led Zeppelin legacy, despite pressure from the music industry, and his band-mates to re-form.  So, for some unknown reason, David Coverdale was seen as the next best thing to team with Page musically.  With both being signed to Geffen, and after Coverdale “disbanded” Whitesnake, the timing was just right.  The resulting one-time album was a mild commercial success.  For me, it came at a time when I was still a fan of the glam rock genre, but (as mentioned) was starting to transition my tastes.  Zeppelin was (and still is) my favorite band, so this collaboration (and the resulting output) hit a home run for me.  Page is dynamite… gritty riffs flow throughout the album, along with his unmistakable blues sound and feel.  Coverdale’s vocals on a few of the tracks are as good as anything he ever did with Deep Purple or Whitesnake.   Some of the tracks invariably slide into the realm of glam, but by and large, the album is what one would expect from the union of the guitar king of the 70s, and one of the better vocalists of the 80s.  It moulds elements of metal, blues, and rock with a Zeppelin-esque influence that probably would’ve received much more attention had it been released in the prior decade when the market was craving that sound.

Fav Songs – Whisper a Prayer For the Dying, Absolution Blues, Feeling Hot

Quality selection! Loved that album when it came out but haven't listened to it in a little bit.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
24) Queensryche, Empire (1990)

Coming off their commercial breakthrough of Operation:Mindcrime, Queensryche somewhat fell under the influence of an industry that wanted them to produce something more amicable to the general public.  Where DT failed miserably (at the time) with FII, Queensryche succeeded in blending prog and commercially accessible rock.  Lyrically, the band didn’t get much better than this disc, Geoff was still at the top of his vocal game, Rockenfield keeps a powerful, yet crisp and clean tempo, and DeGarmo’s ability to write and play beautiful melodies, licks and solos still stands the test of time (and is what Queensryche of today is so desperately missing).  Shifting gears from their first two releases, there isn’t anything experimental, or overtly ‘heavy’ about this disc, but just enough diversity in sounds, along with coarse guitar riffs (Another Rainy Night, Empire, Resistance, One and Only) to keep the prog and metal listener engaged.  Other tracks transition magically from a slow ballad feel, to an upbeat rock tempo.  While I and many feel it was the start of a slow decline for the band, it still represents a sound and style when they were at the top of their game.

Fav Songs – Anybody Listening?, Empire, Best I Can
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:40:39 AM by jingle.boy »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: jingle.boy's Top 50 Albums - v. you sure look fine
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2011, 05:36:14 AM »
23) Freedom Call, The Crystal Empire (2001)

If you like (need) your metal harsh, coarse, angry and “evil”, you’ll absolutely detest this (both the album and band).  I once read this album likened to “Carebears prancing through fields of pansies with rainbows shooting out their asses.”  Just a tad harsh, but gives quite a humorous visual.  I really can’t remember how I stumbled on to Freedom Call (a German power metal band), but I’m glad I did.  I wouldn’t call them all that original or diversified musically, and maybe this is my favorite album of their bunch just because it was the first one I ever grabbed of theirs (as Mason called out earlier with my love for Dawn of Victory).  This was the last album to feature Sascha Gerstner who went on to join Helloween.  The kind of metal from this album is more upbeat (sometimes described as “happy metal”) than any other metal I’ve heard – some may be annoyed by that; I’m not one of them.  It’s like a holy union of Styx-meets-Sabbath.  With the constant drone of a double bass drum kick, and accompanying buzz from the bass like a machine gun, nearly every track keeps up a pretty feverish pace, but never to the extent that you want (or feel the need) to constantly be head-banging.  Creative riffs, solid solo’s, catchy choruses, the appropriately placed keyboard rhythm here and there, and soothing vocal melodies is the formula the album employs, and I enjoy. 

Fav Songs – Ocean, The Quest, Rise Up

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2011, 05:39:26 AM »
22) Mötley Crüe, Dr. Feelgood (1989)

Motley Crue was one of those glam bands that, despite their image, made some pretty heavy music in the early 80s… they were more metal than glam.  Then, in the mid-80s they flopped and became more glam than musical substance (I'm looking at you, Girls, Girls, Girls).  With the release of Dr. Feelgood, they created a perfect blend of both.  No one could ever accuse the four members of being spectacular musicians, but combined the sum is greater than the parts.  This album has great hard guitar licks, decent solos, drumming that is slightly more than just keeping the beat, your standard rock vocals with lyrics all about sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll (titles of Sticky Sweet, She Goes Down, Rattlesnake Shake and Slice of Your Pie is all the proof you need).  All songs follow the intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-fade formula.  So, with such a mediocre description, why is this such a great album you ask?  Probably not a lot of really good reasons, but 1989 was a time when I was really expanding my musical horizons.  Having been a Classic Rock pundit for a few years, I started discovering 80s rock, both glam and the heavier side.  There are some very distinctive riffs on this disc; I love Vince Neil’s voice, and he was never better here; lyrically, it appealed incredibly to me being an 18 year old obsessed with sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll.  Tommy was just plain cool, and no one even knew he could steer a boat without his hands!  This album just pours out a hard and unapologetic glam rock beat that hit the mark perfectly in 1989, not just for me, but for a lot of rock fans.

Fav Songs – Kickstart My Heart, Same Ol Situation (S.O.S.), Don’t Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »
I had both Empire and Dr. Feelgood on cassette tape when they came out.  Still have Empire.  I really should upgrade to CD :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2011, 02:56:27 PM »
21) AC/DC, Back in Black (1980)

The landmark release from the thunder from down under (no, not The Wiggles) was released a mere 5 months after the death of Bon Scott.  Back in Black truly was one of those one-of-a-kind, monumental albums … for the band, for the rock genre, and for the music industry in general.  At over 49 Million copies sold, only Thriller has ever sold more albums – EVER.  The band considered breaking up after Scott’s death, but decided to move on with Brian Johnson on vocals, and thank god they did.  The Young brothers and gang simply put forth a record that is just balls-to-the-wall good ole hard rock and roll.  Simple rhythms, teamed with creative and unique guitar riffs, and Brian’s raspy and gritty vocals is the sound you’ll get song after song.  No ballads, no duets, no fluff.  Just memorable rock riffs one after another.  I said that ToT was a riff factory, well this album is the original riff factory, highlighted by the big 3 – Hells Bells, Back in Black and You Shook Me All Night Long (undoubtably most recognizable riff in rock history).

Fav Songs – the big 3, Shake A Leg, What Do You Do For Money Honey

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: jingle.boy's Top 50 Albums - v. my baby's gone with the wind
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2011, 02:58:32 PM »
20) Dream Theater, Octavarium (2005)

There shouldn’t be much that I need to say about why this album is on this list, but I will.  First, I love the sheer brilliance of it… the nuggetz – from the five/eight theme throughout, to the elements representing a constant progression, to everything ending where it began (and if you want the full nugget story, check out https://dt.spatang.com/octavarium.php).  Just brilliant.  Every song is fantastic … I love the external musical influences - U2/I Walk Beside You, Muse/Never Enough (I personally like to think about the lyrics differently - of a husband/mistress – it might change how you ‘hear’ the song).  Finishing with my all-time favorite DT song (it has the best guitar solo, the best instrumental section, and the best keyboard solo), what more can you ask for in an album?  This was the first DT album where I was really in tune with the online community, and it was great to be part of it.  As I recall, it was received by the community (by and large) the same as ADTOE was received upon its release.  Given the ‘heaviness’ of ToT and most of 6 Degrees, this was hailed as a “return” to prog for the band.  All the love that I had for it 6 years ago remains today – if not more so.

Fav Songs – Octavarium, Sacrificed Sons, The Root of All Evil

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »
19) Frost*, Milliontown (2006)

Jem Godfrey’s formation of Frost* was done to create the perfect union of old-school prog with contemporary prog.  And damned if he didn’t do it.  Reminiscent of the original progressive giants like Yes and Genesis, whilst still sounding fresh, new and relevant like Spock’s Beard and Transatlantic.  This six song album is heavily reliant on keyboard sounds, without much heavi-ness to it.  Songs deliver a wide range of diversity, transitioning from soft to all-out rocking, touching on atmospheric moods, and provide melodies that demand excellence in the musicianship.  Capped off with the 26 minute title track, this disc gives everything the prog fan (old-school or contemporary) wants in an album.  Despite the fact that they write, record and produce just fantastic prog music, Frost* is unfortunately plagued by an on-again/off-again saga.  I believe Jem recently announced recently, they are “on”.  Hopefully it stays that way.

Fav Songs – Hyperventilate, No Me No You, Black Light Machine

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2011, 03:22:06 PM »
Last 3 are mind blowing albums  Great choices!!

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2011, 03:57:25 PM »
Milliontown has stood the test of time for me, I still love it.

Octavarium I loved when it first came out, now the only two songs I get excited about are These Walls and 8vm, and even 8vm has lost some of it's luster...I don't know if its a top 3 DT song for me any more.