Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267194 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #2450 on: February 06, 2014, 05:35:47 PM »
I just have some workshop mods at the moment, nothing to exiting but one day I will follow this guide:

https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.8

Created by TheCompiler, STEP is a collaborative project with input from the modding community, technical volunteers, and project administrators. The goal is to provide tested and validated methods for establishing and maintaining an enhanced modded Skyrim. Thus, the Guide provides detailed, well-tested build instructions for a solid modding template. New modders can follow STEP explicitly, or more experienced modders may use it as general guide.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2451 on: February 06, 2014, 06:02:28 PM »
Hotkeys++ (indispensable)
Ethereal horses (because real horses suck)
acquisitive soul gems (keeps petty souls from filling grand sould gems, etc.)

Realism mods:
Drink eat sleep bathe
mcCamping light
hypothermia
wic cloaks

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2452 on: February 07, 2014, 08:30:12 AM »
So, the steam workshop ones I can seam to get into game.  The nexus mods say they need to be manually downloaded.  How do you do that (keep in mind I'm a total noob)   :lol

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2453 on: February 07, 2014, 08:37:37 AM »
Hotkeys++ (indispensable)
Ethereal horses (because real horses suck)
acquisitive soul gems (keeps petty souls from filling grand sould gems, etc.)

Realism mods:
Drink eat sleep bathe
mcCamping light
hypothermia
wic cloaks

These sound amazing. I might have to play Skyrim again.

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #2454 on: February 07, 2014, 10:58:29 AM »
Off to work.  Thanks for all the mod help guys!  Can't wait to  try some.  How about a list of your favs?  Thanks again.

Interesting NPCs. Then you can put up with my multitude of Northern accents and my single Southern accent. /shamelessselfpromotion

The website has a decent installation guide, but it is an absolutely humongous file. Because, you know, tonnes of dialogue.
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2455 on: February 09, 2014, 09:54:15 AM »

Interesting NPCs. Then you can put up with my multitude of Northern accents and my single Southern accent. /shamelessselfpromotion

The website has a decent installation guide, but it is an absolutely humongous file. Because, you know, tonnes of dialogue.

Which website has it?  I think I got carried away, I've loaded like 55 mods so far.  Now everytime I try to fast travel to lakeview manor, the game shuts down.  I'm trying to troubleshoot and find out if it's a particular mod, or just to many active.  Seems odd that it's just the manor.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2456 on: February 09, 2014, 10:32:59 AM »
It's not too many mods. Some mods require a separate patch for HF or DG content. Sounds to me like you installed something that doesn't like HF or requires a patch for it. Be sure and look at the dependencies when you DL stuff. If you used Nexus's mod installer it's pretty easy to deactivate half of them to narrow down what the offender is (particularly since yours is a repeatable problem). Also, try not to add more than 2 or 3 at a time, and hopefully you made a manual save before you went and got all apeshit.  :lol

As for Ali's mod, I went the opposite route and installed uninetersting NPCs a couple of months ago.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2457 on: February 09, 2014, 10:37:21 AM »
OK...just went through them all 5 at a time.  Finally found it, a mod called "Places-Oakwood"  from the steam workshop page.  There must be some conflict with that mod and lakeview, even if I tried walking to the manor, when I got close enough the game crashed, or if I tried to fast travel in.  So yeah, deff a conflict there somewhere.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2458 on: February 09, 2014, 12:36:18 PM »

Which website has it?  I think I got carried away, I've loaded like 55 mods so far.  Now everytime I try to fast travel to lakeview manor, the game shuts down.  I'm trying to troubleshoot and find out if it's a particular mod, or just to many active.  Seems odd that it's just the manor.
That's pretty funny man.  :lol Yea it easily gets out of hand once you find how awesome mods can be.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2459 on: February 09, 2014, 02:10:33 PM »
I have no desire to ever install a mod.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2460 on: February 09, 2014, 02:57:31 PM »
That's how I felt until I actually tried one and started getting into modding myself and toying with certain aspects of games, mainly open-world ones and/or games built around/for the modding community. It's a really cool facet of PC games that exists only in that realm, so it's a big plus; especially since I have virtually no consoles anymore nor will I for a long while, if ever. Shit, I don't even own a TV anymore.  :lol

You like what you like though.

I've been toying around with restarting characters and making some anime-based characters. I've got a guy now that's got Piccolo's body (Dragonball Z) and they eyes of Kakashi (Naruto) with his Mangekyou Sharingan activated, with the Super Saiyan aura... :metal :rollin It's fucking ridiculous. I absolutely love it.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2461 on: February 09, 2014, 04:20:22 PM »
The for fun mods are great, but I likely wouldn't bother as I'd find it too much of a hassle. I loved the way the game looks and plays. I say loved, because I'm trying not to play less I get my soul sucked back in. That said, if I gamed on PC I would totally go for some of the functionality mods. Someone mentioned a mod keeping crap souls from grand soul gems. Stuff like that I would use in a heartbeat.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2462 on: February 09, 2014, 05:03:40 PM »
I dunno... there are some super cool mods, so far my favs are

Enhanced cities - great makeover for the towns
Enhanced sounds - really good in dungeons...can actually scare the piss outta me...LOL
3 sisters - I have 3 hawt nord sisters as my lil army  :biggrin:
Wyrmstooth - awesome major quest, very well done.
Bartos - ethereal horse  :biggrin:

Online SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #2463 on: February 09, 2014, 05:57:01 PM »
I've been toying around with restarting characters and making some anime-based characters. I've got a guy now that's got Piccolo's body (Dragonball Z) and they eyes of Kakashi (Naruto) with his Mangekyou Sharingan activated, with the Super Saiyan aura... :metal :rollin It's fucking ridiculous. I absolutely love it.
That sounds awesome! :lol
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2464 on: February 10, 2014, 03:23:01 AM »
A video beta impression of Elder Scrolls Online. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upE802rZl7Q

I think it has potential. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it weren't for the whole monthly cost thing. 15 dollars a month is a lot of money. I hope they lower it substantiality or even better, do away with it altoghether before release. Then I'd might even preorder the deluxe edition like last time. :)
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2465 on: February 10, 2014, 06:37:35 AM »
Yeah, I think some of the PC gamers vastly overstate how much of an improvement the mods make, as well as downplay how good the vanilla game is.

Now, Oblivion on the other hand...

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2466 on: February 10, 2014, 07:06:45 AM »
Yeah, I think some of the PC gamers vastly overstate how much of an improvement the mods make, as well as downplay how good the vanilla game is.

Now, Oblivion on the other hand...
That depends on what you want mods to do with the game. If you want a graphical improvment there's mods that make the game look ridicously amazing. If you want new weapons, armour, gadgets or whatever there's tons of mods for that and a million other things. Mods can improve your game immensely but if you don't like the core vanilla game no mods will ever help you.

Mods can make a huge diffrent to enhance the immersion but I think without the backbone of vanilla Skyrim it wouldn't be the same thing. Vanilla Skyrim is an amazing game that works alteast as good without a single mod as it do with mods. But if you have an issue with the game like certain bugs or just annoying small things there's most likely mods that fix whatever bug you have.

Take SkyUI for example, that's a mod that only changes the inventory menu and makes it alot more accessible which is only for the better. It's not like the game is not playable without it but it takes away some frustration on organizing all your loot.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #2467 on: February 10, 2014, 07:10:34 AM »
If I played PC games, my Skyrim would be swimming in mods. :lol

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #2468 on: February 10, 2014, 07:20:11 AM »

Which website has it?
https://3dnpc.com/

Also, there should be a Hearthfire compatible version of Places- Oakwood up on the Steam Workshop, I have it myself

I enjoy Uninteresting (or is it Inconsequential?) NPCS. You can sleep with Flower Girls and Skooma addict, makes me feel like a complete bitch :')
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2469 on: February 10, 2014, 01:19:44 PM »

Also, there should be a Hearthfire compatible version of Places- Oakwood up on the Steam Workshop, I have it myself

Another thing that can screw with HF mods is other HF mods that alter the homesteads. I've got a few Lakeview Manor improvements (roads, lighting, a hatchery, some furnishings, etc) that can screw with other HF mods. So it might be the Places thing not liking HF, or it could be Places not liking some other mod. Makes these sort of things tricky to shake down.

And yeah, it's inconsequential NPCs. Uninteresting just sounds better in relation to your Interesting NPCs mod. Myself, until I wrap up all of the original stuff I don't add much that really changes content.
E.F. Benson

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #2470 on: February 10, 2014, 07:10:08 PM »
Just applied a mod that makes the moon into the Majora's Mask moon (Final Day). It's AWESSSSSOOOMMMMMMMME!

RIP DTP.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2471 on: February 10, 2014, 11:42:02 PM »
I had the Death Star once!  :hat

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #2472 on: February 11, 2014, 02:11:50 AM »
Nice! I tried one, but it looked ridiculous and didn't fit with the world. Did yours mold well with the Skyrim landcape? I tried about three different MMMoon mods (MMMM?) before I got one that looked like it was actually made for the Skyrim world. It's tough finding ones that don't look out of place. I've tried making my own but my skills aren't up to snuff yet; I'm getting better by the day though. I don't think I'll be able to create anything as awesome as I've already downloaded though.

I've also recently applied a 'realistic starry sky' mod that makes the sky look so much more amazing. Both in daytime and night, the sky looks like I'm watching it from Alaska (if not better...like those ridiculously HDR pictures you see).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:19:25 AM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2473 on: February 11, 2014, 03:24:51 AM »
No man, it looked ridiculous but of course I had to try.  :lol
I only tried one though.
Awesome, have to try that sky mod!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2474 on: February 11, 2014, 05:25:28 AM »
Thanks Ali!  Like I mentioned earlier, haven't figured out how to download manually.  On Steam, I can just subscribe and the mod goes into the files.  The "Places" mod that screwed up my Lakeview manor was the exact one from steam you mentioned. :(

As far as the realistic stars one, I have one from steam called something like realistic milky way... it looks bad ass!!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2475 on: February 11, 2014, 09:12:50 AM »
Huh. I think Bethesda did such a fine job on the sky that's the one thing I won't mod (except I added meteors and infrequent meteor showers). I love the vanilla moons and the randomness of the aurora.
E.F. Benson

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2476 on: February 11, 2014, 01:40:04 PM »
I agree it looked good vanilla... but even looks better with the mod  ;D

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2477 on: February 11, 2014, 01:42:29 PM »
I've often wanted to replace the real night sky with the Skyim vanilla night sky. Not gonna lie!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #2478 on: February 24, 2014, 01:09:46 PM »
I've finally got all my mod-ducks in a row and have dedicated myself to starting my quest over for good. I've done it about a hundred times now with different mods and playing around, seeing which ones stick and which ones that look ridiculous or not (or ridiculously awesome). I've got the minimal amount right now with (more) realistic weather effects, night-sky, but wanted something more fantastical to look at....I found the right one that didn't look so out of place but still insane:

I love it! As others have said, this is an amazing game running it vanilla; but with the mods, this is one of the most jaw-droppingly expansive, interactive, immersive games I've played in my life. It brings it to a whole new level. I've also got a ton of wonderful sound effect additions to weather, birds, wildlife in general; on top of all the visual aspects that bring the world to life even more (rain, wind, fog, snow, blizzards, monsoons, clouds, etc.), but those are come and go (though still at a rate much higher than vanilla). Woooot! I've just started my final adventure but I'm already so enthralled. It really does feel like a new game. I've opted to go with a mostly normal character though, I didn't want my full run-through of the game to be with a modded character (and you can't tell because the screens for some reason came out a bit darker than in actuality but my characters eyes are modded to be from Naruto in his Sage/Kyuubi form for the otaku that know what that is, and then when I use certain shouts or powers I also have some modded 'aura' as well). Such an amazing thing we've done with mods and personal experiences with games; individual experiences.  :heart :heart :metal  :smiley: :tup

RIP DTP.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2479 on: February 24, 2014, 01:13:04 PM »
I like the vanilla moons better, but the aurora is good and vivid and I particularly like the galaxy behind it.

Did you add any realism mods; eat, sleep, drink, bathe, that sort of thing? That plus Hypothermia (not Frostfall) make the game a bit more compelling.
E.F. Benson

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #2480 on: February 24, 2014, 01:19:07 PM »
I did add a few realism mods like eat, sleep, and drink; but that's it. I didn't want to go too mod crazy after all the shit I've downloaded and applied over the last few months. I'll definitely play around more, but I originally played Skyrim on the 360 and got up to the very last quest and stopped, so I wanted this experience to be upgraded, but a good balance of mods that merely make the experience more modded, not the gameplay. But yeah those realism aspects bring the experience to life (and up the difficulty) in a whole different way. Other than those, there's no gameplay mods, it's all visual/auditory mods that accentuate the atmosphere. I've tried the Hypothermia one and would love to play with that once I've fully completed the game but thus far I'd rather focus on the story.

RIP DTP.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2481 on: February 24, 2014, 01:24:07 PM »
I always thought that all of these people running around in blinding snowstorms with no ill effect detracted from the game quite a bit. Since I already had a good camping mod (McCamping Lite), it just fit together nicely. Having to carry around 20 pounds worth of camping gear is kind of a drag, but that's what Lydia's for.

Don't know if you used the same eat/sleep/drink mod I did, but if it includes bathing you'll want to add a mod that allows you to craft charcoal; a remnant of your forge. Troll fat and salt are easy enough to come by, but you'll start to view that charcoal as gold.
E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2482 on: March 01, 2014, 02:50:04 PM »
I just finished my first session with ESO beta and i'm pretty excited. Pretty cool when your doing a quest and facing a tough enemy, other people can join in the fight and help you. The graphics were alot better than I thought. Some people felt that it didn't feel like an Elders Scroll game, if you ask me I don't really agree although I have only played for a short time. Time will tell if the real magic will happen. So far I enjoyed it though!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2483 on: May 11, 2014, 04:06:42 PM »
Interesting video with some hidden facts about Skyrim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZTtN5f6jR0

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2484 on: December 12, 2014, 06:36:56 AM »
Might have to reinstall Skyrim after seeing this:

Enderal

A total conversion mod for Skyrim.