Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 564306 times)

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I like that Place Vendome song better than the first single.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The song develops into something pretty decent - enough to keep me cautiously interested I suppose.

I agree.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Meh, from a single listen, I didn't dig that Place Vendome song much at all really.  Classy Gus G solo though.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Well the new Gotthard is a big snooze - the importance of Steve Lee (RIP) is getting more obvious with each new record.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Didn't expect anything else tbh.

New House of Lords. Pretty dull and James sounds like he's struggling a bit.

https://youtu.be/cirgDpXk_K0

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Pretty standard affair from HOL, but not too bad.  I'll check out the album, the last one was pretty damn good IMO.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Sounds fine enough, but I don't think I'd be interested enough to hear the album.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
And new Eclipse which no doubt everyone down at mr.com has already wet (or W.E.T.) themselves over  :P

https://play.spotify.com/album/0oiFEilSuWfUMvD2lQyEkU

Apart from a passable riff , it's really just throwaway stuff IMHO.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

And new Eclipse which no doubt everyone down at mr.com has already wet (or W.E.T.) themselves over  :P

https://play.spotify.com/album/0oiFEilSuWfUMvD2lQyEkU

Apart from a passable riff , it's really just throwaway stuff IMHO.

Yeah, nice riff and good energy. Having been suffering from vertigo for the last few months I can adopt this as my anthem  :biggrin:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah - the House of Lords is decent and at least doesn't sound totally derivative like the Eclipse.

But boy..............three of the biggest names in the biz and they all sound very tired.

House of Lords gets the most interest from me but that's not saying much.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Didn't mind the Eclipse song at all, pretty solid. I've never got into their music in the past, I always found it listenable but a little sterile and indistinct. Not sure this new song changes my mind much, but it sounds a tiny bit more energetic and raw than what I recall of their previous stuff. I like the production and vocals at least, so I might check it out anyway and see.

And it will absolutely get at least 98% from mr.com :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm a bit of an Eclipse fanboy myself so about to listen to this track for the first time.  Lets see if my opinions and overall thoughts on this genre have taken a turn like I think they have.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Same formula, same thing yet again.  It's one of those songs that would be a catchy grower I reckon, but like most of their stuff really.  I don't like the more aggressive vocals from Martensson in parts either, it just sounds flat and bad.  Not holding out for the album but will listen.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought that House of Lords was pretty decent, but wouldn't check out the album.  I'll give HOF some credit, they've become consistent with their releases after disappearing for many years.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
For you Fair Warning fans I am now most of the way through the new Tommy Heart solo album and it'szzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Calling it rock would be pushing it......pop rock maybe.

Don't bother unless you want an album full of songs that resemble the very softest of Fair Warning.   A couple of nice tracks but pretty awful really - and I love his voice.

68%

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Any album by a dude named Tommy Heart has to suck!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
or blows!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Any album by a dude named Tommy Heart has to suck!

:lol

Offline Lowdz

For you Fair Warning fans I am now most of the way through the new Tommy Heart solo album and it'szzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Calling it rock would be pushing it......pop rock maybe.

Don't bother unless you want an album full of songs that resemble the very softest of Fair Warning.   A couple of nice tracks but pretty awful really - and I love his voice.

68%

I did expect this tbh. Not sure why. But yeah, I like his voice too.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Pride of Lions;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpBnRZgVPHQ

This is so fucking bad.  It's worth watching just to see and hear how bad this is.  WTF happened to this band?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Pass. I wouldn't say it's utterly bad, so much as wimpy and generic as shit.
And I wish Frontiers didn't have two upcoming albums from bands with Lion in the name (and lions on the cover), because I keep forgetting which is the decent sounding one. :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
I thought I had a Pride of Lions album but it turns out I don't, it's Three Lions. :lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Pride of Lions;

This is so fucking bad.  It's worth watching just to see and hear how bad this is.  WTF happened to this band?

Why are we even talking about the song.  Let focus on the hammers on the girl in the video!

Offline Lowdz

Pride of Lions;

Why are we even talking about the song.  Let focus on the hammers on the girl in the video!

Peterik is still insisting on singing. Why did he even bother getting Toby in when he clearly wants to be the star? He's putting me off liking it. Or maybe it's just shit?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I thought I had a Pride of Lions album but it turns out I don't, it's Three Lions. :lol

I'll stick to Lion and White Lion, thank you very much. :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Pride of Lions;

Peterik is still insisting on singing. Why did he even bother getting Toby in when he clearly wants to be the star? He's putting me off liking it. Or maybe it's just shit?

No, it's just shit.  But on the other hand, you're right.  Peterik must be an egotistical dickhead to keep singing when he has Hitchcock there.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Pride of Lions;

Damn. No kidding. Much better with the sound off.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Bloody hell  :rollin

Even Jim's guitars are WTF-worthy.  There's so much bad in there it's almost good  :biggrin:

I can't even insult them by saying that their music will appeal to the purple rinse brigade now , because Jim is already a member.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
With the sound off, it looks like a Peter Criss/Toby Keith duet.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Toby needs to do another solo album.  And at this rate and that song, a generic, recycled Martensson collection would be most welcome.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Toby needs to do another solo album.  And at this rate and that song, a generic, recycled Martensson collection would be most welcome.

there is a new solo album on the way from Toby (it's done and with the label) but no indication as yet regarding who is playing on it or how heavy etc......   Hopefully in a similar vein to the first - one of the few Martensson projects I like and way better than Eclipse.

Another album I will be very interested in is Inglorious 2 which is due in May.   if they can just take the songwriting up a notch ..........no doubt I will be disappointed but give some excellent songs to Nathan and they could be amazing,.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:09:58 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Another album I will be very interested in is Inglorious 2 which is due in May.   if they can just take the songwriting up a notch ..........no doubt I will be disappointed but give some excellent songs to Nathan and they could be amazing,.

They released a short promo the other day which had some new music in the background. Hard to judge the song itself with all of the talking over it, but the production sounded amazing, as expected with Kevin Shirley behind the desk, and the music sounded like the perfect style of hard rock. I also hope they evolve as songwriters and deliver some great songs, but I'll probably enjoy it regardless given that the band rocks. That's my most anticipated album at the moment.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

there is a new solo album on the way from Toby (it's done and with the label) but no indication as yet regarding who is playing on it or how heavy etc......   Hopefully in a similar vein to the first - one of the few Martensson projects I like and way better than Eclipse.

By far the best thing Martensson has done, and that's coming from an Eclipse fan.  That album is the reason I started this thread.

Offline Lowdz

They released a short promo the other day which had some new music in the background. Hard to judge the song itself with all of the talking over it, but the production sounded amazing, as expected with Kevin Shirley behind the desk, and the music sounded like the perfect style of hard rock. I also hope they evolve as songwriters and deliver some great songs, but I'll probably enjoy it regardless given that the band rocks. That's my most anticipated album at the moment.

They could do with some stability in the lineup. They loose members regularly which won't help. First album had some good songs it just missed some magic dust.