Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 564346 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hopefully for Issa's sake she doesn't Google herself - this is probably the only regular active discussion on her  :lol

More fool us then I spose!  :rollin
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Made it to the start of the second verse of that Tyketto song, what a steaming pile of shit.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Eh, better than anything else I've heard in this thread for a while.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 05:41:10 AM by BlobVanDam »
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Eh, better than anything else I've heard in this thread for a while.

Don't be like that Blob, you remember the rule, you liked it so.....  ;D

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
True. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Issa is Australian for Winger.

What the fucking fuck?!

;D

Made it to the start of the second verse of that Tyketto song, what a steaming pile of shit.

Yeah I said that. I actually went into it with an open mind.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

Re: The official Issa haters only thread v. DelVecchio and the bubblegum factory!!
« Reply #4346 on: September 04, 2016, 03:34:43 AM »
Just heard the new track from Mitch Malloy (nearly joined Van Halen at one time). Jesus he's ripped off the Man on the Silver Mountain riff big time. Quite like the song though. A bit heavier than I expected.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j859-1GyvhA

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The official Issa haters only thread v. DelVecchio and the bubblegum factory!!
« Reply #4347 on: September 04, 2016, 03:37:57 AM »
Never heard of him. Didn't mind the song, maybe a little too upbeat, but worth keeping an eye on.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4348 on: September 04, 2016, 09:25:39 AM »
It sounds like Mitch was actually in VH for an extremely brief moment before DLR came back.  Good vocals on him.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 05:11:32 PM by jjrock88 »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4349 on: September 04, 2016, 04:05:53 PM »
Never checked out anything from before before really.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4350 on: September 05, 2016, 08:24:03 AM »
Just had a listen to the full Mitch Malloy album.   Zzzzzzz

A couple of good rockers and a decent ballad but for the most part it's a basic , good time , rock and roll record that could've been written in a couple of days.  He has/had a great voice but , even though it has the advantage of not sounding like everything else at the moment , it's very basic stuff.

If you like his voice check out the s/t 1992 album  - this (and one or two others off that album) are the only tracks of his that I played a bit back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftH8oP9q8Pc

For the most part I reckon his voice is too good for the vast majority of material he has been on.  ANd he would've added little to VH in the songwriting department if he had been retained.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4351 on: September 05, 2016, 08:29:29 AM »
I have literally never heard of Mitch Malloy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4352 on: September 05, 2016, 03:37:09 PM »
Whenever I hear his name I always think it's Mick Molloy.  Brent will know who that is.  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4353 on: September 05, 2016, 05:04:24 PM »
Whenever I hear his name I always think it's Mick Molloy.  Brent will know who that is.  :lol

Guess what I typed into iTunes Search last night? :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4354 on: September 05, 2016, 05:51:41 PM »

Guess what I typed into iTunes Search last night? :lol

:rollin

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #4355 on: September 06, 2016, 02:43:05 PM »
I've never been a fan at all but it came up on my Facebook. That riff though. If it made any money, lawyers would be circling.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4356 on: September 06, 2016, 04:17:42 PM »
Just had a listen, yeah so blatant.  It's alright, but nothing new, so I'll pass.  He has nice teeth though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4357 on: September 07, 2016, 05:34:00 AM »
Another Hardline song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNY7wbxYPY

Ugh, I might even pass on this.  Not giving this song much of a chance, but on first listen, I'm really unimpressed.

Fuck off Del Vicchio!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4358 on: September 07, 2016, 05:52:15 AM »
Dunno if anyone has heard the album by July Reign on Andrew's Melodicrock Records but he has really dropped the ball with this one.   There's some good stuff here and there - I checked it out because of Carsten Schulz who I don't mind in Evidence One - but a number of tracks sound right out of tune.  I was listening to some of it wondering how it could get through quality control.

Anyway............don't bother if you were going to.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4359 on: September 07, 2016, 05:54:12 AM »
Evidence One are a cool band.  A shame it's so shit Brent.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4360 on: September 07, 2016, 05:54:38 AM »
Another Hardline song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNY7wbxYPY

Ugh, I might even pass on this.  Not giving this song much of a chance, but on first listen, I'm really unimpressed.

Fuck off Del Vicchio!

I heard it yesterday and was disappointed. It starts off with a cool riff, but it just goes quickly downhill from there. Didn't last past the first chorus.

Dunno if anyone has heard the album by July Reign on Andrew's Melodicrock Records but he has really dropped the ball with this one.   There's some good stuff here and there - I checked it out because of Carsten Schulz who I don't mind in Evidence One - but a number of tracks sound right out of tune.  I was listening to some of it wondering how it could get through quality control.

Anyway............don't bother if you were going to.

Haven't even heard of it, so wasn't going to. :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #4361 on: September 09, 2016, 11:48:38 PM »
I'm currently listening to the new Meat Loaf album. Meat Loaf sounds like Lou Reed on Lulu now unfortunately, this first track is not good at all, and seems an especially poor choice for an album opener. Nine tracks to go.

Reason I post about it here is because they don't even like it over at Melodicrock.com :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4362 on: September 10, 2016, 12:19:09 AM »
Anything below 80% is a failing grade at MR.com, so if they only gave it 35%, it must be literally unlistenable.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #4363 on: September 10, 2016, 01:36:46 AM »
Going All The Way has parts of a good song in there, but it often falls flat in the places where it shouldn't, and the vocals can be pretty cringeworthy. 25 years ago Steinman could have made it really work. That's about the most positive thing I can say about the album, the other songs are pretty much abysmal.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4364 on: September 23, 2016, 06:43:48 AM »
New Eden's Curse song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_W_eOGpZMk

Just like the first one, fuckin' crap.  What happened, the last album was so good!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4365 on: September 23, 2016, 06:48:02 AM »
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's fucking crap, but very run of the mill stuff. I don't know if I've heard any of their older stuff. Hard to keep track sometimes. :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4366 on: September 23, 2016, 06:49:42 AM »
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's fucking crap, but very run of the mill stuff. I don't know if I've heard any of their older stuff. Hard to keep track sometimes. :lol

Surprised you haven't heard No Holy Man (duet with JLB)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4367 on: September 23, 2016, 06:56:18 AM »

Surprised you haven't heard No Holy Man (duet with JLB)

So am I! Doesn't even ring a bell. I'd have remembered this awful music video. :lol A better song than this new one.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4368 on: September 23, 2016, 07:26:59 AM »

Just about everything they have done up to this point has been good to excellent.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4369 on: September 23, 2016, 07:36:54 AM »
Only an Issa duet will save this one now.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4370 on: September 23, 2016, 07:41:14 AM »
Are they allowed to do that? Pretty sure Frontiers permanently keep her in the factory ready at all times for their own projects.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #4371 on: September 23, 2016, 07:42:29 AM »
I said "Oh Lord Jesus Issa Far!"

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4372 on: September 23, 2016, 02:46:38 PM »
New Eden's Curse song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_W_eOGpZMk

Just like the first one, fuckin' crap.  What happened, the last album was so good!

just like Blob said, run of the mill meh stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4373 on: September 25, 2016, 04:54:30 AM »
Are they allowed to do that? Pretty sure Frontiers permanently keep her in the factory ready at all times for their own projects.

I'm sure they'd hire her out by the hour.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I took a listen to the Cry of Dawn as what I'd heard sounded interesting.  Besides a decent couple of tracks at the start, it's as stale and generic as anything that Frontiers has delivered lately, maybe even moreso.  A shame cause Goram sounds pretty good.