Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 568865 times)

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Ken would be proud.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
My old man's name is Ken.  :justjen

EDIT:  Ah, he's older than 49 hahaha.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
:lol Perfect.

I'm proud to be a fellow goo gobbling melodic rock fan.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Lowdz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpjkiMSxt1M
dat first Youtube comment tho

That is fucking awful.
Frontiers will sign anything with a keyboard on it.
Shit. Shit. Shit.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
I was just listening to Blue Tears. That was one of my favorite obscure albums to listen to. The singer sounded like JBJ and their choruses reminded me of Def Leppard. Did those guys ever doing anything else? I feel like I've asked this once before and I am pretty sure someone said a couple of the members did something recently, but I can't be 100% on that.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I was just listening to Blue Tears. That was one of my favorite obscure albums to listen to. The singer sounded like JBJ and their choruses reminded me of Def Leppard. Did those guys ever doing anything else? I feel like I've asked this once before and I am pretty sure someone said a couple of the members did something recently, but I can't be 100% on that.

Never heard of 'em.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

The debut has a couple of great tracks but I always felt they lacked something.........a bit of an underground classic though .  The last track Thunder In The Night is the only one I ever played regularly back in the day.

They released a few demo quality discs in the 2000's and unfortunately main man Gregg Fulkerson passed away 6 or 7 years ago.

He also did a modern rock album (Attraction 65) which was highly rated by many , but didn't do much for me.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone

The debut has a couple of great tracks but I always felt they lacked something.........a bit of an underground classic though .  The last track Thunder In The Night is the only one I ever played regularly back in the day.

They released a few demo quality discs in the 2000's and unfortunately main man Gregg Fulkerson passed away 6 or 7 years ago.

He also did a modern rock album (Attraction 65) which was highly rated by many , but didn't do much for me.

Damn... That's why his name came up that last time. Sad.

I loved True Romance and Rockin' With The Radio. Thunder in the Night was great, too.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Hardline;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67pmoEB4sjE

Meh, it's cool I guess, certainly nothing new and exciting though.  Will wait for the album before judging.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New Hardline;

Meh, it's cool I guess, certainly nothing new and exciting though.  Will wait for the album before judging.

You'd think they could change the background colour of their vids from white to beige or cream or something (thanks Richie) ........2 secs in and you know it's a Frontiers vid.  :)

Not an original idea/melody in site .......I kept going until the solo to see if it was any good (not really)

Not bad - quality performance and production but not enough to get me interested at this stage.   I would like to see his voice pop up in something less samey (Axel Rudi Pell doesn't count :lol  )
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
A few days ago Frontiers posted a little snippet that only showed that opening riff, and I was excited to hear the rest of the song. Unfortunately, I agree with wolfking (unfortunate that it wasn't exciting, not unfortunate that I agreed with wolfking :lol )

The style was ok, the vocals were ok, production was ok, but the song was middle of the road, as usual. I'll still check out the album and hope there's something better on there, but more often than not, the first single is as good as it gets.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Hopefully there's an Issa duet to mix things up a bit.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
:lol Just what they need to mix it up!

At least the latest Find Me album had the decency to use some other female vocalist for the duet track (which I actually really liked btw)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
New Hardline;

meh is right.  still decent though, but not enough to get any interest from me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:facepalm:

Blob said it best I think, 'middle of the road.'  That's exactly what it is unfortunately.  Was looking for more out of the solo from Josh too.  We'll see, but how long can they just keep churning out this stuff?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni

Blob said it best I think, 'middle of the road.'  That's exactly what it is unfortunately.  Was looking for more out of the solo from Josh too.  We'll see, but how long can they just keep churning out this stuff?

That would make a great album (or even band) name for the next Frontiers project. "Middle of the Road". :lol
Complete with dodgy Photoshopped cover of a highway with a "ONE WAY" sign on it, and Issa trying to hitchhike on the side of the road. And maybe a pothole with a bunch of old 80s records in there.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

That would make a great album (or even band) name for the next Frontiers project. "Middle of the Road". :lol
Complete with dodgy Photoshopped cover of a highway with a "ONE WAY" sign on it, and Issa trying to hitchhike on the side of the road. And maybe a pothole with a bunch of old 80s records in there.

:lol

And a sign on the side of the road "Welcome to the city of DelVecchio - Population 1 "

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
:lol Or a factory in the distance with a sign on it that says "DELVECCHIO"

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
DelVecchio Cookies - we Issa the best  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Fitting with the thread, shouldn't it be DelVecchio bubblegum? :lol

.......something something goo gobbler.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I was thinking "cookie cutter" music but yeah - either is cool  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Oh right. :lolpalm:

Now I really need to Photoshop this.

And send it to Frontiers.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Don't let Kade in on the design or Issa may be roadkill.

There probably should be an eagle in there somewhere too Blob...........taking care of Issa perhaps .

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
The death of melodic rock seems to be melodic rock, kinda ironic.

And what's up with Issa, did I miss something?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Aside from her being rather ubiquitous at Frontiers , just having some fun as regards to Kade's passionate dislike of her.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Kwyjibo

Ah, ok.

Haven't heard a single note from her and the way it sounds here I didn't miss much. The photos of her turned me off, not necessarily because of her looks but because there wasn't anything natural in them.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

She's just an ugly whore who can't sing for shit.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
:lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Took me a sec to find the thread with yet another name change. :lol

New Tyketto song-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubUAYE0HYc

I like it. Sounds like something they wrote and recorded themselves, not just plugged into the Frontiers cookie cutter. It's a softer song, but it has that legit late '80s / early '90s feel, and great production, not like that other goo gobbler stuff. If there are some rockers on this album, it could be quite good.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Issa is Australian for Winger.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kwyjibo

The official Issa haters only thread v. DelVecchio and the bubblegum factory!!

:rollin

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Hopefully for Issa's sake she doesn't Google herself - this is probably the only regular active discussion on her  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That Tyketto song absolutely f-ing blows.

Offline Lowdz

I don't know how you can mention both in the same sentence like that. Issa is a sad indictment of the state of melodic rock.

The new Hardline song is pretty typical del Vechio bollocks but it is somewhat saved by Johnny Gioelli.
The Tyketto is a let down. Not a total write off but not great.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

What the fucking fuck?!