Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 564411 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The official melodic rock/AOR thread
« Reply #980 on: August 04, 2013, 03:46:05 PM »
It's a helluvatime.  But I'm not really sure what the big fuckin deal is.  :neverusethis:

It's a beuat... another one-album wonder (never did grab their second one)... just like Sven Gali and Big House (who ironically opened for Slik Toxik - who opened for Yngvie and Sabbath way back in the 90s).  Saw them live once.  Good gig.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #981 on: August 05, 2013, 03:18:34 AM »
It's a helluvatime.  But I'm not really sure what the big fuckin deal is.  :neverusethis:

It's a beuat... another one-album wonder (never did grab their second one)... just like Sven Gali and Big House (who ironically opened for Slik Toxik - who opened for Yngvie and Sabbath way back in the 90s).  Saw them live once.  Good gig.

Thought you would know them.
I only have the album on a cassette a mate did for me. Just ordered the cd from Amazon.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #982 on: August 07, 2013, 04:59:31 AM »
Multinational Melodic Metallers Eden's Curse return with their highly anticipated brand new fourth studio album "Symphony Of Sin", due October 4th on AFM Records.

Produced by Paul Logue and mixed and mastered by the groups long term engineer, Pink Cream 69 and Unisonic bassist, Dennis Ward, "Symphony Of Sin" is the first release with new Serbian vocalist Nikola Mijic (Alogia/Dreyelands) and former Powerquest mainman and keyboarder Steve Williams, alongside original members Paul Logue, Thorsten Koehne & Pete Newdeck.

Tracklisting :

1. Symphony Of Sin
2. Break The Silence
3. Evil & Divine
4. Unbreakable
5. Fallen From Grace
6. Losing My Faith
7. Rock Bottom
8. Great Unknown
9. Turn The Page
10. Sign Of The Cross
11. Wings To Fly
12. Devil In Disguise
13. Where Is The Love?

The album artwork was created again by another of the groups long term collaborators, Thomas Ewerhard (Edguy, Avantasia, Jorn), and marks the return of a familar face in "Eve" who graced the bands debut album cover.

"Symphony Of Sin" will be preceded by a single and promo video for "Evil & Divine" on September 12th.

And now we anxiously await Michael's retort.   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #983 on: August 07, 2013, 05:45:47 AM »
Looking forward to this.  The chicks tits look a little off.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #984 on: September 01, 2013, 04:35:41 AM »
Looks like Fergie Frederiksen's cancer is playing up again.

Our father, Dennis ( Fergie ) Frederiksen has taken a turn for the worst in his battle with cancer. At this time we are awaiting a full prognosis of his condition.. We are asking for donations to help our father stay in his apartment, as well as help with everyday living costs ( Food, Rent, Medications, ect.. ). Any and all donations will help my father worry less about everyday living and focus on beating the cancer so he may get back to what he loves to do.. Performing and seeing his friends all over the world.

Thank you in advanced for any donations, prayers, and positive thoughts.

Kyler Frederiksen
Kolten Frederiksen
Danny Irwin

Man, Looks like he's doing it tough.

https://www.gofundme.com/3ydgpo

I donated $50 US dollars to it.  I feel good about myself at the moment.  Hopefully all goes well and look forward to his new album too.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #985 on: September 01, 2013, 04:50:41 AM »
That sucks. :(
I just got his new album, and really enjoying it. Excellent mixing/mastering, and I like the songwriting style. Hopefully he can continue to share his music.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #986 on: September 02, 2013, 08:45:35 PM »
Wow... gonna have to investigate this one!!!!!  Stumbled across this on FB tonight.

Rage Of Angels is the brainchild of Ged Rylands (Ten) and their very impressive debut release "Dreamworld" (Escape Music) features some very impressive names indeed, namely Ged himself, Harry Hess (Harem Scarem), Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear), Matti Alfonzetti (Jagged Edge), Danny Vaughn (Tyketto), Robert Hart (Bad Company), Vinny Burns (Ten,Asia,Ultravox), Neil Fraser (Ten), Tommy Denander and Ralph Santolla (Deicide,Obituary,Iced Earth).

How have I never heard of this before??  Album was released last Feb!  Love Ten!  Love Harem!  Love Ralf! 

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #987 on: September 03, 2013, 01:24:03 AM »
Wow... gonna have to investigate this one!!!!!  Stumbled across this on FB tonight.

Rage Of Angels is the brainchild of Ged Rylands (Ten) and their very impressive debut release "Dreamworld" (Escape Music) features some very impressive names indeed, namely Ged himself, Harry Hess (Harem Scarem), Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear), Matti Alfonzetti (Jagged Edge), Danny Vaughn (Tyketto), Robert Hart (Bad Company), Vinny Burns (Ten,Asia,Ultravox), Neil Fraser (Ten), Tommy Denander and Ralph Santolla (Deicide,Obituary,Iced Earth).

How have I never heard of this before??  Album was released last Feb!  Love Ten!  Love Harem!  Love Ralf!

Think I heard this on Spotify- can't remember much but will have another look. There's just too much music sometimes  :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #988 on: September 03, 2013, 04:41:26 AM »
Sometimes!?!?!?!?!?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #989 on: September 03, 2013, 05:14:23 AM »
Yeah, I think I checked that out too.  Can't remember much, will have to go back also.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #990 on: September 03, 2013, 05:30:06 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Bfyv6LXZc

MICHAEL KISKE RETURNS TO PLACE VENDOME WITH ANOTHER MELODIC ROCK MASTERPIECE:
Frontiers Records is pleased to announce the release of the much anticipated third album from Place Vendome entitled Thunder in the Distance on November 1 in Europe and November 5 in North America.
Place Vendome is the Melodic Rock project featuring Unisonic and former Helloween singer Michael Kiske on all lead vocals and production from Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69).
Place Vendome started in 2004 when Kiske, following a self-imposed exile from the rock and metal scene which lasted a few years after his departure from Helloween and solo career, accepted in 2004 to be part of a Melodic Rock oriented concept put together by Frontiers Records' President Serafino Perugino.

The resulting Place Vendome debut album brought Kiske back to a more straight ahead and Rock sound, still very accessible and melodic and far from the Heavy Metal stereotypes of blood, violence and hate which Kiske never had anything to do with. He collaborated for the first time with Pink Cream 69's Dennis Ward, Kosta Zafiriou and Uwe Reitenauer with Gunther Werno (Vandenplas) on keyboards. In a quite ironic twist of fate Michael found himself to work with members of Pink Cream 69, when the band's original singer Andy Deris took his place in Helloween when he left.
The very favorable acceptance of the first Place Vendome album planted the seeds for a second recording entitled “Streets of Fire”, which was produced during 2008. The concept was slightly changed, with some outside writers such as Robert Säll (Work of Art), Ronny Milianowicz (Saint Deamon) and Torsti Spoof (Leverage) handling the bulk of the songwriting, with Dennis Ward still handling the recording and production sessions.
Following his stint with the band Unisonic, Kiske decided to go back once again to the Place Vendome concept with more melodic rock oriented songs which - once again - have been selected by Frontiers Records President Serafino Perugino from outside writers including: Magnus Karlsson (Primal Fear), Timo Tolkki (ex-Stratovarius), Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline), Roberto Tiranti and Andrea Cantarelli (Labyrinth, A Perfect Day), Tommy Denander (Radioactive), Sören Kronqvist (Sunstorm, Issa), and Brett Jones.

“I am having a very open mind in terms of music anyway, and the Place Vendome vibe is a pretty different approach than Unisonic” says Kiske. “I like many tracks off the Place Vendome albums, but especially Guardian Angel, Streets Of Fire, I Will Be Waiting, Set Me Free from the previous albums or now Maybe Tomorrow. For me the vocals are the most important part of a song of course”.

Dennis Ward once again produced and mixed the whole affair with such musicians as Dirk Bruineberg (Consortium Project), Gunter Werno (Vandenplas) and Uwe Reitenauer (Pink Cream 69) completing the lineup. Another total masterpiece from Kiske and Place Vendome is about to hit the market. A true must for all Melodic Rock fans!
Tracklisting includes: Talk To Me; Power of Music; Broken Wings; Lost in Paradise; It Can't Rain Forever; Fragile Ground; Hold Your Love; Never Too Late; Heaven Lost; My Heart is Dying; Breakout; Maybe Tomorrow; Thunder in the Distance.
Samples of some of the album songs can be listened following this link: youtu.be/s-Bfyv6LXZc.

Place Vendome: Michael Kiske – Lead Vocals; Dennis Ward – Bass, vocals, rhythm guitars; Dirk Bruineberg– Drums; Gunter Werno – Keyboards; Uwe Reitenauer – Lead guitars.
Mixed and produced by Dennis Ward.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #991 on: September 03, 2013, 08:51:59 AM »
The samples sounds great. Definitely better than the last album, and more on par with the first.

Same release day as LALP!

Is there a masculine way to say that that voice fuc%ing melts me?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #992 on: September 03, 2013, 09:07:31 AM »
I've been listening a lot to the new Fergie Frederiksen album, Any Given Moment. Solid stuff. A few stand-out songs, and the rest are still mostly quite good too. Beautiful mix and production, and it's all round very '80s in style, which I prefer to the modern metallish sound a lot seem to be going for. If they could pump out more albums like this, I'd be happy!

Frederiksen's voice sounds great, and some of the lyrics definitely seem to be influenced by his recent battle with cancer, especially the title track.

And there are several keyboard solos on the album too, that sound like Derek Sherinian to me. They're mostly kind of annoying and out of place to me, but the rest of the background keyboard work is great, with a lot of layered piano / hammond organ / '80s synth throughout.

And "Let Go" is the best rewrite of Hold The Line I've heard yet. :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #993 on: September 04, 2013, 05:04:44 AM »
The samples sounds great. Definitely better than the last album, and more on par with the first.

??

Offline Pelata

• Extremus Melodicus
« Reply #994 on: September 04, 2013, 06:59:09 AM »
Anyone here going to MRF3?

https://www.melodicrockfest.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #995 on: September 04, 2013, 07:29:23 AM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #996 on: September 04, 2013, 07:41:19 AM »

??
Live At Luna Park.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #997 on: September 05, 2013, 06:04:48 AM »
Of course.  :hat

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #998 on: September 05, 2013, 02:46:57 PM »
Just posting to say this is one of my favourite songs of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgIShJXiThQ

Great riff, great vocals, great solo. Class.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #999 on: September 05, 2013, 03:03:18 PM »
The guitars under the solo sounds very Schenkerish

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1000 on: September 05, 2013, 03:12:37 PM »

That's just an underrated band in general.  Their early stuff was so good.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1001 on: September 06, 2013, 11:06:34 AM »

That's just an underrated band in general.  Their early stuff was so good.

I bought all those special editions when Marcel rereleased them a few years ago. They were a band I missed back in the day- they went under the radar even for me but wen I got the best of a few years ago I realised what I'd missed.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1002 on: September 06, 2013, 03:59:02 PM »
Yeah, I got the releases too.

Also, just got the Fergie Frederiksen and the new Find Me albums last night in the mail.

The Fergie Frederiksen is a nice piece of AOR, but for me, I would have liked a few more heavier tracks like the opener.

The Find Me is your pretty standard melodic rock fair.  Great vocals, guitars are a bit of a let down for me but the songs are really nice.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1003 on: September 06, 2013, 04:28:50 PM »
Yeah, I got the releases too.

Also, just got the Fergie Frederiksen and the new Find Me albums last night in the mail.

The Fergie Frederiksen is a nice piece of AOR, but for me, I would have liked a few more heavier tracks like the opener.

The Find Me is your pretty standard melodic rock fair.  Great vocals, guitars are a bit of a let down for me but the songs are really nice.

Probably give both a miss tbh. I'm just not feeling standard by the numbers AOR at the moment. Too many of these Frontiers albums have a decent rocking track as a sampler and then the rest is cliched boring stuff. It's all sounding the same because it's the same guys doing them all.
I've been back in the 80s recently and loving it.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1004 on: September 06, 2013, 04:31:35 PM »
Yeah, there's nothing really new or grounbreaking with either of them.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1005 on: September 06, 2013, 09:05:26 PM »

Me too. I was a little disappointed that it was the most rockin' track on the album (Price for Lovin' You is about the only other "heavier" one, and that's also somewhat light), although I don't really mind. I still think it's a solid album. It's really not a genre I expect to hear new or groundbreaking from, and don't particularly want to either. :lol
I prefer this style a lot more than the generic metal direction of a lot of other albums in the genre these days, so in that regard, it stands out enough to me.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1006 on: September 08, 2013, 05:52:43 AM »
I understand what you are getting at.  Besides me wanting more heavier tracks, the style suits Fergie well, and a lot of the songs are somewhat refreshing as opposed to a lot of the stuff Frontiers have been doing lately.  I just wished they picked a different song to give us a video for.  I feel the Last Battle of My War single was a misleading representation of the album, this is what left me a little disappointed.

The Find Me album I'm digging though.  It's generic but has a lot of good songs, and some great ones from the James and Tom Martin duo.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1007 on: September 13, 2013, 06:22:53 AM »
Eden's Curse - Evil and Devine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z24MmgWVQXk

Eh, not bad, but not blowing my socks off.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1008 on: September 13, 2013, 08:14:22 AM »
Yeah, caught that the other day.  Liked it... will still be picking the album up.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1009 on: September 13, 2013, 11:16:58 AM »
Like the song, not liking the "evil" voice- sounds rather camp

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1010 on: September 13, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »
I'm actually torn on the vocals.  He's good, but I don't know, he's not bowling me over.  Seems a bit weak for the music and a little generic.  Will definitely still pick up the album.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1011 on: September 28, 2013, 06:46:01 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDP-HR6RGUQ

DTF's very own Shawn Pelata \t elodicrockfest 3. Awesome vocal.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1012 on: September 29, 2013, 09:05:35 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDP-HR6RGUQ

DTF's very own Shawn Pelata \t elodicrockfest 3. Awesome vocal.
Wow, that's rally cool! :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1013 on: September 29, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
I really should check out more of their stuff.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1014 on: September 30, 2013, 12:00:50 AM »
Has anyone picked up Mood Swings II yet?