Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 564375 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The official melodic rock/AOR thread
« Reply #945 on: July 09, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »
Sounds really good!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #946 on: July 09, 2013, 11:58:47 AM »
Mood Swings II samples

Sounds great.  But given the original is a Top 12 album of all time for me - and likely has over 100 listens - this will take a little adjusting.

3 days till I see them live!

You are being spoilt at the moment. Saw them at Firefest a few years ago. They were very good.
Schenker for me next week.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #947 on: July 09, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »
You are being spoilt at the moment. Saw them at Firefest a few years ago. They were very good.
Schenker for me next week.

Yes I am... Rush, Avantasia and Harem all within 6 days of each other.

Best. Concert. Week. Ever.

:booyah:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #948 on: July 09, 2013, 03:33:21 PM »
Mood Swings II samples

Sounds great.  But given the original is a Top 12 album of all time for me - and likely has over 100 listens - this will take a little adjusting.

3 days till I see them live!

Sounds pretty good, but definitely will need some getting used to.  The new tracks sounds quite good too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #949 on: July 13, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »
What an awesome show last night.  Little club about 20 minutes from my place, and no more than a couple hundred people. 

Four bands, three of which I'm totally in to.  Got there early enough to park myself right up front.  Warmachine was great, talked with their lead singer/creator a bit.  Heavens Fire was REALLY good (bought their 2013 CD on the spot... knew I would).  Harem came on about 12:45am, and ended up having to cut their set short by a couple of songs (Weight of the World and Empty Promises got the axe).

Setlist:
Saviors Never Cry
Dagger
Hard to Love
If There Was A Time
Sentimental Blvd
Honestly
Slowly Slipping Away
Karma Cleansing
Stranger Than Love
Weight of the World
Empty Promises

Had Enough
----- Encore -----
No Justice (got 90 seconds)
Change Comes Around

I tell you, they had no rust on them.  They were tight, didn't appear to miss anything, and all performed and sounded spot on.  Paul... you gotta see them when they headline Firefest.  JJ, ditto on MelodicRockFest... Chicago ain't too far from you!

Met Darren before the show

And Pete afterwards

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #950 on: July 13, 2013, 06:51:15 PM »
awesome!!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #951 on: July 14, 2013, 02:31:25 AM »
Saw them when they played Firefest a few years ago. They were great. There's just not enough on the bill this time for me to justify the money.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #952 on: July 14, 2013, 03:43:56 AM »
Fucking sick.  Great photos too.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #953 on: July 14, 2013, 09:26:56 AM »
Saw them when they played Firefest a few years ago. They were great. There's just not enough on the bill this time for me to justify the money.

You gotta be shittin me!!  The Friday night bill had me considering making the flight!!

Harem Scarem
Dare (don't know them)
W.E.T.
Work of Art
Eden's Curse
The Magnificent

Saturday.... Hardline alone would get me to get a ticket.  Not so sure about the Sunday lineup... other than the "Legends" act (JLT, Martin and Frederikson), and Eclipse there isn't much there I know.  Brighton Rock ain't too bad, but they never hit it too big.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #954 on: July 14, 2013, 01:57:36 PM »
The Magnificent is touring still?! :caffeine:

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #955 on: July 14, 2013, 02:13:32 PM »

You gotta be shittin me!!  The Friday night bill had me considering making the flight!!

Harem Scarem
Dare (don't know them)
W.E.T.
Work of Art
Eden's Curse
The Magnificent

Saturday.... Hardline alone would get me to get a ticket.  Not so sure about the Sunday lineup... other than the "Legends" act (JLT, Martin and Frederikson), and Eclipse there isn't much there I know.  Brighton Rock ain't too bad, but they never hit it too big.

Harem Scarem- saw them last time they played Firefest- no new material since then.

Dare (don't know them)- saw them at Firefest - bored me to tears tbh

W.E.T.- First album was great, second was predictable and a bit boring. Eric Martensson overload has been reached. JSS is always good though. Saw him in a tiny pub in Wigan at Halloween a few years ago. Absolutely tore the place up and nicked my beer mid song too!

Work of Art- not for me. too polished.

Eden's Curse- have they even got a singer? Saw them supporting DT a couple of years ago and they were ok, even with the crap (mental) singer. Not fussed about seeing them again.

The Magnificent- one pretty good album. I don't rate it as highly as some.

Saturday's lineup is better, though I've never heard of Shooting star and how are they so high on that bill?

Treat (saw them at Firefest too, awesome.
Heaven's Edge- 2 great albums.
Nation- 1 great album and the new video shows promise.
Trixter- Hmm, not bad
Hardline- Seen them twice (1st time with Schon supporting Extreme I think, 2nd time at The Gods festival- the forerunner of Firefest)

Just can't afford to go. Simple as that.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #956 on: July 14, 2013, 02:50:23 PM »
Yeah, I have no idea who is singing for Eden's Curse, as far as I know they still don't have a singer.  I'd love to go for that lineup for sure, but I will never get the chance to see any of those bands so.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #957 on: July 17, 2013, 03:59:51 PM »
New Coney Hatch samples. Hmm. Not too promising tbh. my mate Phil at Fireworks mag loves the band  but was a bit underwhelmed by the album. Still, only 4 samples. I'll give it a listen before committing I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaX7gLnhuFY&feature=youtu.be&a

Listening to the first two albums now.  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #958 on: July 17, 2013, 08:46:34 PM »
Never really got into them, but I liked the old stuff of what I heard.  These samples do nothing for me at all.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #959 on: July 18, 2013, 12:03:21 PM »
Never really got into them, but I liked the old stuff of what I heard.  These samples do nothing for me at all.

Don't Say Make Me is one of my favourite songs of all time. I'll have to make that list one day, but the top 50 albums one was hard enough.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #960 on: July 18, 2013, 12:51:50 PM »
I was into Coney Hatch in the 80s but those samples flat out bored me.  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #961 on: July 18, 2013, 01:06:28 PM »
I was into Coney Hatch in the 80s but those samples flat out bored me.  :lol

Yeah it's not looking good.  :sad:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #962 on: July 19, 2013, 05:48:06 AM »
Eden's Curse have announced their new lineup today!
Check out this video, and skip to 8:40 to listen to a 90-second snippet of the upcoming single. Album "Symphony Of Sin" to hit the stores on October 4th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epji9f5lKzs

Coolio.  As soon as I heard the new singer's name, I'm like 'where do I know that name?'... Thankfully, Metal-Archives reminded me that I just got the Expedition:Delta CD last week.  He's got a nice smooth voice.

And Blabbermouth's announcement - https://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=192690

Looking forward to this one.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #963 on: July 19, 2013, 06:44:02 AM »
Love this band.  New song and singer sounds solid enough.  Hopefully he sticks around for a while.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #964 on: July 19, 2013, 08:37:22 AM »
Looking forward to the new album- have been for a long old time it seems  :biggrin:

Michael Eden, as well as being a nutter, was the weak link for me. Glad he's gone.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #965 on: July 19, 2013, 08:39:04 AM »
Looking forward to the new album- have been for a long old time it seems  :biggrin:

Michael Eden, as well as being a nutter, was the weak link for me. Glad he's gone.

I guess, for you, he was the curse.  :lhk:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #966 on: July 19, 2013, 09:51:18 PM »
Ok, so on the heels of that Eden's Curse update, Michael Eden (who friend requested me on FB a few days ago??) posted this update.  Not knowing the breakup history, I'm not really down with this drama.  Even posted that on his FB feed... enough with the QR-like drama.  Is it me, or is he coming across as douchey as Tate?

I've been smacked hard with questions and comments about the "overseas band" - If you have received no reply it's because I'm making a statement here that I'm sure will be copy and pasted around the net because people in their camp love drama. People will have a field day twisting my words as they always do.

Make no mistake.......... I was the founding member of the band with their bass player!

The bass player and I are the only two people that founded Eden's Curse! To say the others are original founding members is utter and complete bullshit. I chose them one by one with the bass player. The pathetic attempt at re-writing history is their attempt at credibility and it's an epic fail in every sense of the word.

As far as the make up, brushes, eye liner, painted nails go.......You gotta change an image when you got no game left. It's as simple as that.

I have no comment about the singer or the song. All I will say about the keyboard player is that he tried out for the band for the 3rd album and did not make the cut! I have his demo playing Angels & Demons and NOBODY was happy with it! Enough said! I know.......People don't like the truth. Well, honesty is the best policy!

I'm ONLY concerned with my version of the band. It's the version that will retain the wall of sound and melodies that the fans have come to expect. The songs you are humming along to for days. The lyrics that inspire and make you think. Trinity is a lot to live up to. I'm not trying to out do Trinity! I'm trying to out do myself!!!!!

WE will not be creating music with an idea to re-invent the wheel. If you loved the first two albums with hints of the third you'll love what is being planned.

This life is far too short to fight with people and expect them to change, when they feel they are in the right.

I'm the guy who the fans are cheering on. I hear you guys. I will make sure when the time comes that EDEN'S CURSE gives you what you are expecting. NOTHING less will be acceptable! Thanks for all your support!! \m/

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #967 on: July 20, 2013, 06:18:14 AM »
Ok, so on the heels of that Eden's Curse update, Michael Eden (who friend requested me on FB a few days ago??) posted this update.  Not knowing the breakup history, I'm not really down with this drama.  Even posted that on his FB feed... enough with the QR-like drama.  Is it me, or is he coming across as douchey as Tate?

I've been smacked hard with questions and comments about the "overseas band" - If you have received no reply it's because I'm making a statement here that I'm sure will be copy and pasted around the net because people in their camp love drama. People will have a field day twisting my words as they always do.

Make no mistake.......... I was the founding member of the band with their bass player!

The bass player and I are the only two people that founded Eden's Curse! To say the others are original founding members is utter and complete bullshit. I chose them one by one with the bass player. The pathetic attempt at re-writing history is their attempt at credibility and it's an epic fail in every sense of the word.

As far as the make up, brushes, eye liner, painted nails go.......You gotta change an image when you got no game left. It's as simple as that.

I have no comment about the singer or the song. All I will say about the keyboard player is that he tried out for the band for the 3rd album and did not make the cut! I have his demo playing Angels & Demons and NOBODY was happy with it! Enough said! I know.......People don't like the truth. Well, honesty is the best policy!

I'm ONLY concerned with my version of the band. It's the version that will retain the wall of sound and melodies that the fans have come to expect. The songs you are humming along to for days. The lyrics that inspire and make you think. Trinity is a lot to live up to. I'm not trying to out do Trinity! I'm trying to out do myself!!!!!

WE will not be creating music with an idea to re-invent the wheel. If you loved the first two albums with hints of the third you'll love what is being planned.

This life is far too short to fight with people and expect them to change, when they feel they are in the right.

I'm the guy who the fans are cheering on. I hear you guys. I will make sure when the time comes that EDEN'S CURSE gives you what you are expecting. NOTHING less will be acceptable! Thanks for all your support!! \m/

Tate is just an narcisist/egotist - Eden is a whole other form of nutter. Don't upset him though or he'll track you down with his glock. Melodicrock.com was kept entertained by his rantings for a good while. It was great reading.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #968 on: July 20, 2013, 06:32:32 AM »
Too bad I missed it!  Woke up this morning to find he deleted my comment from his thread.  Yeah, not impressed by a dude that can't even take a MILD piece of criticism like "Don't be like Tate, let the music speak for itself".

Unfriended.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #969 on: July 20, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »
Too bad I missed it!  Woke up this morning to find he deleted my comment from his thread.  Yeah, not impressed by a dude that can't even take a MILD piece of criticism like "Don't be like Tate, let the music speak for itself".

Unfriended.

I would call it a lucky escape.  ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: July 21, 2013, 04:04:30 AM »

Unfriended.

I must have somehow missed all the drama too, weird.  Anyway, I had no idea he is making his own version of the band, seems rediculous without Paul or Thoreston though.  It's not like too many people give a shit about this band anyway to warrant this amount of bickering and drama.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #971 on: July 31, 2013, 10:44:44 AM »
Damn!  Page 3.  Well, this seems important enough.

Frontiers Records is pleased to announce that the new PLACE VENDOME album is close to completion. The title of this new recording will be "Thunder In The Distance" and like all the previous releases, sees singer Michael Kiske (former HELLOWEEN) singing on tracks produced and mixed by Dennis Ward (PINK CREAM 69) which were written especially for the album by different writers including: Magnus Karlsson (Primal Fear), Timo Tolkki (ex Stratovarius), Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline), Tommy Denander (Radioactive), Sören Kronqvist (Sunstorm, Issa), Andrea Cantarelli (Labyrinth, A Perfect Day) and Brett Jones under the supervision of executive producer Serafino Perugino.

Didn't even know they was something in the works.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #972 on: July 31, 2013, 10:45:26 AM »
Quoting myself form elsewhere.

YES. The first two were great.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #973 on: July 31, 2013, 11:19:21 AM »

Frontiers Records is pleased to announce that the new PLACE VENDOME album is close to completion. The title of this new recording will be "Thunder In The Distance" and like all the previous releases, sees singer Michael Kiske (former HELLOWEEN) singing on tracks produced and mixed by Dennis Ward (PINK CREAM 69) which were written especially for the album by different writers including: Magnus Karlsson (Primal Fear), Timo Tolkki (ex Stratovarius), Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline), Tommy Denander (Radioactive), Sören Kronqvist (Sunstorm, Issa), Andrea Cantarelli (Labyrinth, A Perfect Day) and Brett Jones under the supervision of executive producer Serafino Perugino.

Good news. That first album was something special.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #974 on: July 31, 2013, 11:59:16 AM »

Yes, I saw this earlier. Very excited. The first one is fantastic. The second..not so much.

OK, I need some help.

I've been listening to Joe Lynn Turner on the new Avantasia and I think he sounds great. Is there anything that anyone can recommend of his? I don't think I've had anything new from him since Yngwie's Odyssey. I did try Sunstorm last year and was NOT impressed. I'd be looking for something on the heavy side. Even if it's a track here and there where he made an appearance (similar to Avantasia).
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #975 on: July 31, 2013, 12:02:28 PM »
Out of curiosity, what is it you guys like so much about the first Place Vendome record? I find the second one to be much better, personally.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #976 on: July 31, 2013, 12:10:35 PM »
Well, it's heavier, for starters. I find the vocal melodies a lot stronger too. I find the songs take better advantage of Kiske's range. Plus Kiske just feels more into it.

The second one has no balls and just sounds like horrible pop radio rock.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #977 on: July 31, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »

Yes, I saw this earlier. Very excited. The first one is fantastic. The second..not so much.

OK, I need some help.

I've been listening to Joe Lynn Turner on the new Avantasia and I think he sounds great. Is there anything that anyone can recommend of his? I don't think I've had anything new from him since Yngwie's Odyssey. I did try Sunstorm last year and was NOT impressed. I'd be looking for something on the heavy side. Even if it's a track here and there where he made an appearance (similar to Avantasia).

In a similar vein to Avantasia (but not as good) is Nicolo Kotzev's Nostradamus rock opera- JLT is very good on that. Also he sings a few songs on Kotzev's Brazen Abbot album Eye Of The Storm- in a heavier vein. He may be on others but that's the only one I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHcxkrTihqE

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #978 on: July 31, 2013, 01:16:44 PM »
Well, it's heavier, for starters. I find the vocal melodies a lot stronger too. I find the songs take better advantage of Kiske's range. Plus Kiske just feels more into it.

The second one has no balls and just sounds like horrible pop radio rock.

Eh. I like pop rock, I suppose. :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #979 on: August 04, 2013, 02:27:36 PM »
Dug this one out of my cassette box today- not listened to it in years. You familiar with this one Chad?

Pretty good bluesy 80s style hair metal from Canada. Just a couple of years too late.