Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 564239 times)

Offline Lowdz

Re: The official melodic rock/AOR thread
« Reply #910 on: June 20, 2013, 07:12:35 AM »
Never checked her out.  I know it sounds a bit sexist but I'm not the biggest fan of female vocalists.  It sounds okay but not really my style.

She's hot though.  I love my women around this age.  :lol  I'd fuck the shit out of her.

Also was that a pic of Tommy Denander I saw there, he's the boss.

I'd be very surprised if TD is not on the album  :biggrin: I expect the House of Lords guys are probably on there. Robin is married to James Christian, the lucky git.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #911 on: June 20, 2013, 08:27:35 AM »
Never heard of her before. She's no Lee Aaron, but I'd get "underneath" her.  :heybaby:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #912 on: June 20, 2013, 08:32:54 AM »
Never heard of her before. She's no Lee Aaron, but I'd get "underneath" her.  :heybaby:

Never rated Lee AAaron, musically or otherwise. I'll keep my Robin Beck thanks!  :biggrin: She did the Coke advert song in the 80s, First Time.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #913 on: June 20, 2013, 08:35:03 AM »
Aaron is great ... Grew up in my city. Very similar looking to Robin.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #914 on: June 20, 2013, 08:42:04 AM »

She was a bit weird looking to me. But I'm very picky  :biggrin: Now Shania? That's a Canadian I'd like to spend the cold winter with  :heart

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #915 on: June 20, 2013, 10:35:08 PM »

She was a bit weird looking to me. But I'm very picky  :biggrin: Now Shania? That's a Canadian I'd like to spend the cold winter with  :heart

A 'Long Cold Winter'?   :lol

Back on topic ... Just had a mini Harry Hess-a-thon; First Signal (s/t) and under his own name, Livng In Yesterday. Tomorrow, some Harem. Gonna see them in 2 weeks!  Can't wait for the re-recording of Mood Swings.

Blob, those first two are some quality rock albums you'd probably dig.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #916 on: June 21, 2013, 08:08:45 AM »

A 'Long Cold Winter'?   :lol

Back on topic ... Just had a mini Harry Hess-a-thon; First Signal (s/t) and under his own name, Livng In Yesterday. Tomorrow, some Harem. Gonna see them in 2 weeks!  Can't wait for the re-recording of Mood Swings.

Blob, those first two are some quality rock albums you'd probably dig.

What's the latest on the re recording of Mood Swings? Is it expected to be out this year?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #917 on: June 21, 2013, 09:46:53 AM »
Pete was recording the guitars about a month or so ago.  I believe they lad down all the vocals back in May. I suspect the drums too, as Darren was doing the vocals with Harry.

That's the latest I'd heard. They haven't been giving too many updates.  I suspect (hope) they may mention something at the show.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #918 on: June 21, 2013, 01:03:30 PM »
Apparently, Darren Smith (Harem Scarem drummer) is the lead vocalist for Jake E Lee's new band, Red Dragon Cartel. Jake is one of my favourite guitarists so hoping for great things but not expecting much after such a long lay off.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #919 on: June 21, 2013, 04:01:32 PM »
Pete was recording the guitars about a month or so ago.  I believe they lad down all the vocals back in May. I suspect the drums too, as Darren was doing the vocals with Harry.

That's the latest I'd heard. They haven't been giving too many updates.  I suspect (hope) they may mention something at the show.

cool, let me know if they mention something at the show.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #920 on: June 22, 2013, 08:15:26 AM »
Apparently, Darren Smith (Harem Scarem drummer) is the lead vocalist for Jake E Lee's new band, Red Dragon Cartel. Jake is one of my favourite guitarists so hoping for great things but not expecting much after such a long lay off.

Yeah, I saw that on FB earlier this week.  I don't think he's acting as HS's current drummer - that he's doing with a band called WarMachine.... A much more metal band - worth checking out. They opened for QR when I saw them back in March.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #921 on: June 23, 2013, 04:39:58 AM »
Man, I love Jake E Lee, I'll need to check that out. 

Looking forward to the Mood Swings re-recording too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #922 on: June 23, 2013, 05:09:32 AM »
New FM song is killer, terrific ballad, should be a smash hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MzTjy4047o

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #923 on: June 23, 2013, 09:20:28 AM »
The lineup for the Harem Scarem show I'm going to in a couple of weeks looks like this:

Heaven's Fire
WarMachine
Harem Scarem

Finally found some info on Heaven's Fire... there are a couple bands with this name.  The one that's playing this show, Darren is lead singer.  He's drummer for WarMachine, and I'm not sure if he's drumming for HS that night or if they have someone else in mind.  Either way, he's gonna be a busy camper that night.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #924 on: June 23, 2013, 05:45:54 PM »
I think I remember reading from the press release that he was officially back in the new Harem Scarem lineup.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #925 on: June 25, 2013, 06:45:12 PM »

You may recognize the band name, as Andrew "Mac" McDermott was the lead singer for their second album, Human Parasite.  Mac was the was the lead for Threshold for the six albums up to Dead Reckoning (Mac died a couple of years ago from kidney failure).  Well, they just released their third album a couple weeks ago.  Sorry to do this to you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb5UdggQGIs

I've got the CD on order... which I did about 40 seconds after hearing this track.

Their first two albums are pretty tight too - especially Human Parasite (that's the one with Mac on the mic).

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #926 on: June 25, 2013, 06:55:14 PM »
Bro, slow down on the cd's, I thought I was crazy.  I've heard the name but never checked them out.  Still a shame about Mac too.

To be honest though, that song didn't do anything for me at all.  I guess I'm just keeping my standards really high to try and cut down on the spending.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #927 on: June 26, 2013, 02:23:59 AM »
I enjoyed that Powerworld album, and the one before- nothing earth shattering but decent and enjoyable. Not sure I'd buy it but worth a listen on spotify.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #928 on: June 27, 2013, 04:30:42 AM »
https://www.melodicrock.com/

HAREM SCAREM UPDATE:
Harem Scarem will release Mood Swings II in Japan in August and rest of the world in September via Frontiers Records. It will be released in Japan August 21 is two versions - regular and SHM-CD Limited Edition with bonus 'making of' DVD. Both versions can be pre-ordered via CD Japan. Rest of the world release details soon...

UPDATE: Harry was kind enough to confirm that the entire Mood Swings record has been recreated, re-recorded by Harem Scarem over the last few months. And the three bonus tracks are brand new, freshly written and recorded songs for the occasion.
The 3 track titles are: World Gone To Pieces, Anarchy and Brighter Day.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #929 on: June 27, 2013, 05:43:34 AM »
:footloose:

I hope they play one or more of those new tracks in 2 weeks.  :caffeine:

Pre-order will be made as soon as it can be.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #930 on: June 27, 2013, 05:49:08 AM »
Yeah, I'm loving this too.  Mood Swings was one of my best discoveries in the last few years (thanks to yourself my good friend) and the original is terrific, but I'm looking forward to this new version.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #931 on: June 27, 2013, 04:15:56 PM »
Moving away briefly from the HS topic, just listening to the Jorn Starfire album for the first time and Jesus, it's a different guy!!! He does not sing like that anymore. Very good album too and a long way from his metal of today.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #932 on: June 27, 2013, 04:19:51 PM »
Starfire is a great AOR melodic rock record, I really like it, even though half the album is covers its solid.  Jorn's material definitely has become pretty generic and stale compared to the likes of Starfire.

Have you heard Worldchanger and Out To Every Nation?

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #933 on: June 27, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »
Starfire is a great AOR melodic rock record, I really like it, even though half the album is covers its solid.  Jorn's material definitely has become pretty generic and stale compared to the likes of Starfire.

Yeah, got both of those Kade. They are more what I expect from Jorn so the AORstuff was a surprise. II know he's done the Whitesnale-y stuff before- Snakes In Paradise was it?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #934 on: June 28, 2013, 02:42:33 AM »
https://www.melodicrock.com/

HAREM SCAREM UPDATE:
Harem Scarem will release Mood Swings II in Japan in August and rest of the world in September via Frontiers Records. It will be released in Japan August 21 is two versions - regular and SHM-CD Limited Edition with bonus 'making of' DVD. Both versions can be pre-ordered via CD Japan. Rest of the world release details soon...

UPDATE: Harry was kind enough to confirm that the entire Mood Swings record has been recreated, re-recorded by Harem Scarem over the last few months. And the three bonus tracks are brand new, freshly written and recorded songs for the occasion.
The 3 track titles are: World Gone To Pieces, Anarchy and Brighter Day.

Very interested in hearing this

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #935 on: June 28, 2013, 03:56:20 AM »

Yeah, got both of those Kade. They are more what I expect from Jorn so the AORstuff was a surprise. II know he's done the Whitesnale-y stuff before- Snakes In Paradise was it?

Yeah, I never checked out the album he did with The Snakes.  I think up to The Duke, Jorn was the shit, but after that, it's just been going down.

Also, another good Jorn one is The Hourglass by Millenium.  It has Jorn and Ralph Santolla, really good melodic rock record.

Also, going back to Starfire, the Journey and Foreigner covers are especially fantastic.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #936 on: June 28, 2013, 10:06:12 AM »

Yeah, I never checked out the album he did with The Snakes.  I think up to The Duke, Jorn was the shit, but after that, it's just been going down.

Also, another good Jorn one is The Hourglass by Millenium.  It has Jorn and Ralph Santolla, really good melodic rock record.

Also, going back to Starfire, the Journey and Foreigner covers are especially fantastic.

Yeah I like Millenium. Preferred Santolla's earlier band, Eyewitness, though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #937 on: June 28, 2013, 04:11:51 PM »
Never heard of that band, another one to check out.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #938 on: June 29, 2013, 11:28:33 AM »
Never heard of that band, another one to check out.

Indeed it is. They do a decent cover of UFO's Only You Can Rock Me and a Zeno song. If you like Millienium it's pretty similar.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #939 on: July 01, 2013, 04:29:20 AM »
This is absolutely incredible.  Find Me - Road to Nowhere (Robbie from Blanc Faces and Daniel Flores)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vln92rKzvgw

WOW!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #940 on: July 01, 2013, 04:37:32 AM »
Generic, but I liked it, and I loved the vocals.
Even though the Youtube quality was crap, it sounded like the typical modern cheap metallish sounding production that always puts me off though. :(
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #941 on: July 01, 2013, 04:41:33 AM »
I think the quality of the youtube clip wasn't very good.  Hopefully the production makes it shine, but I love this song, Robbie's vocals are amazing.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #942 on: July 01, 2013, 04:43:50 AM »
Agreed on the vocals. Any other albums he's on I might be interested in? I'm very fussy with vocals, and in this genre especially it can be make or break, and this guy makes it.

Even from that Youtube clip, it sounded like the thin metal sounding guitar sound, and triggered metal drums. Why is it that the best sounding albums are all over 20 years old?!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #943 on: July 01, 2013, 05:13:25 AM »
He's from a band Blanc Faces which he plays with his brother in.  Their debut is good but their second album is even better, it's called Falling From the Moon.  It's pretty light, but has great vox and the songs have some nice melodies.  Here's the title track;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qACZAcyq0pI

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #944 on: July 09, 2013, 09:49:20 AM »
Mood Swings II samples

Sounds great.  But given the original is a Top 12 album of all time for me - and likely has over 100 listens - this will take a little adjusting.

3 days till I see them live!