Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 564516 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: The official melodic rock/AOR thread
« Reply #770 on: March 25, 2013, 12:00:12 PM »
In Control is my favorite. I like the electronicness of it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #771 on: March 25, 2013, 03:25:58 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98mD8hvKKso

Basically the same as anything on the first Revolution Renaissance album.

But hot damn, I'm in love.  :heart :hefdaddy :heart

Also, Timo's solo sounds different.  It sounds like the debated guitar solos that he apparentely didn't do from the last two RR albums.  Hmm...could he have in fact played those solos.  This sounds nothing like his old style, it instantly reminded me of those albums, interesting.

you can't have her- she's mine  :lol

Liked it. I'm more excited for this than the new Avantasia strangely.

Yeah, I think I'm looking forward to this more too.

Elize!!  I just went from 6-12.  Have either of you checked out Amaranthe's songs/videos?  Hardly worthy of this thread, but damn.  Just damn.

Nice looking cast on this album!  Another to add to my 2013 list.

Ah, I wondered where she was from, never checked them out, but I will now.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #772 on: March 27, 2013, 07:26:19 PM »
Not sure when Blabbermouth released this but ...

"Novum Initium", the new album from multinational melodic metallers MASTERPLAN, will be released on May 17 via AFM Records.

"Novum Initium" track listing:

01. Per Aspera Ad Astra
02. The Game
03. Keep Your Dream Alive
04. Black Night Of Magic
05. Betrayal
06. No Escape
07. Pray On My Soul
08. Earth Is Going Down
09. Return From Avalon
10. Through Your Eyes
11. Novum Initium
12. 1492 (digipack bonus track)
13. Fear The Silence (digipack bonus track)

The "Novum Initium" digipack cover artwork can be seen below.

Sure, no Jorn.  But Rick Altzi as a replacement ain't too shabby.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #773 on: March 28, 2013, 05:23:29 AM »
Yeah, known about this for a while, a shame the release date got pushed back.  Looking forward to it.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #774 on: March 28, 2013, 05:39:50 AM »
I remember you mentioning it.  Just thought the tracklist was new.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #775 on: March 28, 2013, 05:41:43 AM »
You could be right, that's the digipak version.  :metal

Also;

PROJECT 4 FOR GUITARIST GIUNTINI:
Escape Music will release the latest Giuntini: Project album on May 5. Titled IV, the lineup for this release will be: Aldo Giuntini - Guitars; Tony Martin - Vocals (ex Black Sabbath); Fabiano Rizzi - Drums; Roberto Gualdi - Drums; Fulvio Gaslini - Bass; Liz Vandall - Vocals on "Bring on the Night".
Track list: 1) Perfect Sorrow 3:08 2) Born In The Underworld 5:17 3) Shadow Of The Stone 3:58 4) Cured 4:08 5) I Don't Believe In Fortune 4:03 6) If The Dream Comes True 4:45 7) The Rise And Fall Of Barry Lyndon 4:33 8) Bring On The Night 4:20 9) Not The Jealous Kind 4:32 10) Saint Or Sinner 3:57 11) Last Station: Nightmare 5:19 12) How The Story Ends 4:24 13) Truth Never Lie 5:12.

I only have the third album from this guy and it's an incredible slab of melodic hard rock.  This is a surprise and I'm super pumped for this.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #776 on: March 28, 2013, 03:15:52 PM »
Yeah, I've only heard III and liked it, Not played it in ages though.

I thought tony Martin's voice had gone? Let's hope not.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #777 on: March 28, 2013, 03:21:41 PM »
He sounded pretty damn good on III, and he sounded pretty solid on the Cage cd just last year, so I'm sure it will be okay.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #778 on: March 29, 2013, 03:10:10 AM »
He sounded pretty damn good on III, and he sounded pretty solid on the Cage cd just last year, so I'm sure it will be okay.

Have yo heard the TNT clips from the recent Rock Cruise thing from Bosk1's thread?
Tony Mills voice is awful on those. He used to  be so good but on those tracks he sounds like me singing in the shower.
I know Tony Harnell is not the easiest person to replace but Tony Mills did have the voice at one time. Shy's Exceess All Areas album is a classic. In fact if you've not heard it let it be my latest recommendation.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #779 on: April 01, 2013, 03:52:44 AM »

Have yo heard the TNT clips from the recent Rock Cruise thing from Bosk1's thread?
Tony Mills voice is awful on those. He used to  be so good but on those tracks he sounds like me singing in the shower.
I know Tony Harnell is not the easiest person to replace but Tony Mills did have the voice at one time. Shy's Exceess All Areas album is a classic. In fact if you've not heard it let it be my latest recommendation.

Yeah, that Shy album is awesome.  I really like Tony on Serpentine's Living in High Definition album too.

I've never really dived into TNT, but funny you mention them, I'm listening to A Farewell to Arms right now which I picked up for $2.00. SO far, it's rubbish.  :lol  Lucky it was only $2.  I have a couple of the older albums with Harnell and they are pretty good.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #780 on: April 01, 2013, 04:39:45 AM »

Yeah, that Shy album is awesome.  I really like Tony on Serpentine's Living in High Definition album too.

I've never really dived into TNT, but funny you mention them, I'm listening to A Farewell to Arms right now which I picked up for $2.00. SO far, it's rubbish.  :lol  Lucky it was only $2.  I have a couple of the older albums with Harnell and they are pretty good.

Can't beat Tell No Tales. That's head and shoulders above all their others. Intuition was good but a let down at the time. My Religion was ok and the others have decent songs but none ever really clicked. The Tony Mills albums weren't very good. I get the impression Le Tekro is a bit Schenker/Tolkki in the sanity department... or he just doesn't give a toss  :biggrin:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #781 on: April 01, 2013, 06:00:31 PM »
I turned off the album halfway through.  I can't even think which ones I have at the moment.  I know I have Far Away From the Sun or something which was okay but didn't really listen to it much.  I should dig out the others I have.  Pretty sure I don't have Tell No Tales though.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #782 on: April 02, 2013, 02:37:46 PM »
Just caught up with Europe's "reunion" era albums.  On first listen, all were very good.

Last Look at Eden > Bag of Bones > Start From the Dark > Secret Society

At first, SS didn't even sound like Joey Tempest on the mic.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #783 on: April 02, 2013, 03:04:19 PM »
Just caught up with Europe's "reunion" era albums.  On first listen, all were very good.

Have to say I've not been a fan of the reunion stuff. The odd song has been ok but it's not what I want to hear from Europe. Joey still has a great voice but they picked the wrong guitarist for the reunion. I loved Norum's first two solo albums but after that he went downtuned and tuneless. And he can't play Kee Marcello's solos.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #784 on: April 02, 2013, 03:26:20 PM »

Have to say I've not been a fan of the reunion stuff. The odd song has been ok but it's not what I want to hear from Europe. Joey still has a great voice but they picked the wrong guitarist for the reunion. I loved Norum's first two solo albums but after that he went downtuned and tuneless. And he can't play Kee Marcello's solos.

Well, it's not like I'm going to see them play live anytime soon on this side of the pond, so that last point is irrelevant to me.  Start From the Dark was definitely unlike the original 3 albums (but still good.... just 'darker'); Secret Society was just not that memorable.  The other two were just what the doctor ordered.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #785 on: April 02, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »
Secret Society is possibly my fav Europe album, from the ones I'm familar with, which is most.  I love it, although for you guys being into them in the eighties I can understand would find them disappointing. 

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #786 on: April 02, 2013, 04:45:18 PM »
I turned off the album halfway through.  I can't even think which ones I have at the moment.  I know I have Far Away From the Sun or something which was okay but didn't really listen to it much.  I should dig out the others I have.  Pretty sure I don't have Tell No Tales though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmOq1eTPZaI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8MwB7VJtCc

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #787 on: April 02, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »
I'll check those out after work.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #788 on: April 02, 2013, 05:30:26 PM »
I only have Knight of the New Thunder from TNT; I think its great.  I read that was a good starting point for the band.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #789 on: April 02, 2013, 11:43:40 PM »

I recently had a first listen of Last Look at Eden and Bag of Bones and they didn't do much for me. Bag of Bones sounded fairly rockin' at points though, so that one could grow on me. I don't like the generic metal kind of sound of Eden though, and it's so damn overcompressed, I can't bring myself to listen to it through a whole album.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #790 on: April 03, 2013, 04:15:43 AM »
Yeah, I loved SS, but the last two didn't really do anything for me at all.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #791 on: April 03, 2013, 04:22:08 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmOq1eTPZaI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8MwB7VJtCc

These are damn good.  Need to check out more old school TNT.  Harnell here sounds exactly like Ray Alder back in the late eighties.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #792 on: April 05, 2013, 04:05:04 AM »
Oh hell yes!!!!

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188340

Frontiers Records will release "Magnus Karlsson's Free Fall" on June 11 in North America and June 14 in Europe.

Karlsson started his cooperation with Frontiers Records in the year 2000 when his band LAST TRIBE was signed by the Italian label. After two more records with this group, Magnus was asked by Serafino Perugino, Frontiers Records label president, to write and produce some of their artists. This started a successful journey of collaborations with some of the greatest singers and musicians in the hard rock/metal world. The list includes the successful ALLEN/LANDE trilogy, STARBREAKER, BOB CATLEY, KISKE/SOMERVILLE and the list goes on and on. He finally joined the German heavy metal icons PRIMAL FEAR in 2008 and with them he toured the world and recorded two successful albums that climbed high on the charts in several countries.

This time, Magnus created his own album with his strongest melodic metal and hard rock set of songs ever and invited both old and new friends to sing them. The list includes Russell Allen (SYMPHONY X, ADRENALINE MOB), Ralf Scheepers (PRIMAL FEAR, GAMMA RAY), Tony Harnell (TNT, STARBREAKER), Mark Boals (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, THE CODEX), Rick Altzi (MASTERPLAN, AT VANCE), Mike Andersson (STAR ONE, FULL FORCE), Rickard Bengtsson (LAST TRIBE), Herman Saming (A.C.T.), David Readman (PINK CREAM 69, VODOO CIRCLE). Rounding up the line-up on the album is Daniel Flores on drums.

"I've had the honor to collaborate with some of the greatest singers and musicians in the world," says Magnus. "Artists who have made my life richer with their magical music. On this album, I got the chance to write tailor made songs for some of my absolute favorite singers. I was thinking, what would I really like to hear from this or that guy, and then I wrote the songs. It’s like if I'm missing a song with my favourite singer in my record collection, then I just make that song for him! I listen like a fan and I write like a fan, well…I am a fan!"

"Magnus Karlsson's Free Fall" track listing:

01. Free Fall (lead vocals: Russell Allen)
02. Higher (lead vocals: Ralf Scheepers)
03. Heading Out (lead vocals: Magnus Karlsson)
04. Stronger (lead vocals: Tony Harnell)
05. Not My Saviour (lead vocals: Rick Altzi)
06. Us Against The World (lead vocals: David Readman)
07. Our Time Has Come (lead vocals: Mark Boals)
08. Ready Or Not (lead vocals: Magnus Karlsson)
09. Last Tribe (lead vocals: Rickard Bengtsson)
10. Fighting (lead vocals: Herman Saming)
11. Dreamers & Hunters (lead vocals: Mike Andersson)
12. On Fire (lead vocals: Magnus Karlsson)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-u60fsjQYU

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #793 on: April 05, 2013, 05:36:10 AM »
Wow... pretty sweet looking list of vocalists!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #794 on: April 05, 2013, 06:15:47 AM »
The samples are awesome too, I seriously can't wait to get my hands on this.  :hefdaddy

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #795 on: April 05, 2013, 01:43:59 PM »
Thats a cool looking cover

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #796 on: April 05, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »
Sounds good, I especially like the Scheepers track. I have high hopes.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #797 on: April 05, 2013, 04:39:06 PM »
Yeah, the vocals on all 4 tracks sound really good, and some good melodies, and of course there will be killer guitar work.  Can't wait.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #798 on: April 05, 2013, 09:36:05 PM »
STOP POSTING SHIT I'M GONNA HAVE TO BUY!!!!!  Mike Anderson on Star One (As The Crow Dies) is one of my favorite tracks.  Dayum.  Another to add to the list.  My pending 2013 releases is now sitting at 21!!!  And that doesn't include the already relased stuff shit I'll undoubtedly pickup along the way (eg, Pretty Maids)

You bastards!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #799 on: April 06, 2013, 09:50:56 AM »
STOP POSTING SHIT I'M GONNA HAVE TO BUY!!!!!  Mike Anderson on Star One (As The Crow Dies) is one of my favorite tracks.  Dayum.  Another to add to the list.  My pending 2013 releases is now sitting at 21!!!  And that doesn't include the already relased stuff shit I'll undoubtedly pickup along the way (eg, Pretty Maids)

You bastards!

Tell me about it  ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #800 on: April 07, 2013, 05:18:50 AM »

You bastards!

Have you checked Cloudscape yet? (Mike Andersson's band)

Also, check the Planet Alliance album that Magnus and Mike were involved with, really good.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #801 on: April 07, 2013, 05:42:27 AM »

You bastards!

Have you checked Cloudscape yet? (Mike Andersson's band)

Also, check the Planet Alliance album that Magnus and Mike were involved with, really good.

No... and No.

nononononono!!!!  Must.  Resist.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:30:04 AM by jingle.boy »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #802 on: April 07, 2013, 06:01:48 AM »
 :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #803 on: April 14, 2013, 06:19:39 AM »
Just pre ordered Magnus' album!!  :metal

Also, got my copy of the new Pretty Maids, it's really quite excellent and nice and consistent.  Don't know how it will stand up towards Pandamonium, it seems more sinister and not as explosive.  I think the songs on Pandamonium are stronger but Motherland is more consistent.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #804 on: April 15, 2013, 04:44:18 AM »
What the hell, another new Jorn album!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmALY0tRwC8

Overload
Cancer Demon
Traveller
Window Maker
Make Your Engine Scream
Legend Man Carry The Black
Rev On
Monsoon
The Man Who Was King

Jorn Lande: Vocals
Willy Bendiksen: Drums
Trond Holter: Guitar
Jimmy Iversen: Guitar
Bernt Jansen: Bass

Actually sounds a bit fresher and heavier than the last one and that first sample is possibly the heaviest thing Jorn has done.  Although the verses on the third sample are a direct rip off of Dio's Push.