Author Topic: The official Frontiers Factory thread v. but.......we expected so much more?! :(  (Read 190841 times)

Offline Lowdz

Frontiers are singlehandedly killing this thread 😀

Offline wolfking

On the other hand, it could be the only thing keeping it alive too.  :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!

On the other hand, it could be the only thing keeping it alive too.  :lol

Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.
Note to forum, jingle is usually right.
I'm actually disappointed he's not Kim Jong-Il

Offline Anguyen92

I mean is there any other prominent labels that has this brand of rock?

Offline wolfking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HkY2Zd_79o&t=0s

I don't know who these guys are, but Guthrie is on this which is cool but this is actually some decent classic style melodic rock.  Although the singer is funny as fuck in this atrocious Frontiers clip.

Offline Lowdz

I don't know who these guys are, but Guthrie is on this which is cool but this is actually some decent classic style melodic rock.  Although the singer is funny as fuck in this atrocious Frontiers clip.

Thatís John Payne from the AOR version of Asia. Great voice.

Offline Lowdz

I enjoyed that. Sounded very much like the Payne era Asia. Guthrie is awesome

Offline wolfking

Cool, thanks Paul. I dont much about Asia. Yeah love Guthrie on this.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Even funnier is the fact that Payne is not trying to be funny .  I used to watch his videos just to watch his moves/facial expressions - as you say, funny as fuck :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
There's a lot of foul language going on here for The Wuss Thread.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline wolfking

There's a lot of foul language going on here for The Wuss Thread.

A real man can accept his man love for Kip Winger Tim.

Offline wolfking

Even funnier is the fact that Payne is not trying to be funny .  I used to watch his videos just to watch his moves/facial expressions - as you say, funny as fuck :lol

I'll have to check out more clips of him then haha.  What did you think of this song Brent?

Offline Lowdz

I played Asiaís Aria last night. Still a very good AOR album. Very different from their early prog pop/rock approach, but Iíd take Payneís voice over Wettonís

Offline wolfking

Best Asia album to check out?  I don't think from what I've heard I'd be big into them, but what's a good one to check out?  I think I'd like the AOR stuff more than the prog stuff from the little I've heard.

Offline Lowdz

Hmm. First ones a classic. I have a soft spot for Astra, very 80s, and Aria is worth a go but itís fairly laid back stuff. Thereís loads of their albums I havenít heard though.

That D7kes of the Orient album has also Jeff Kollman and Bruce Bouillet on it so the playing should be ok😀

Offline wolfking

Hmm. First ones a classic. I have a soft spot for Astra, very 80s, and Aria is worth a go but itís fairly laid back stuff. Thereís loads of their albums I havenít heard though.

That D7kes of the Orient album has also Jeff Kollman and Bruce Bouillet on it so the playing should be ok😀

Yeah, I saw Bruce was on it too, he's awesome.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I'll have to check out more clips of him then haha.  What did you think of this song Brent?

I don't mind it Kade (better if I don't watch the vid :lol  ).   The solo section was the highlight for me but I find it weird that they left in a couple of badly fretted notes by Guthrie.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

Offline Lowdz

Iím pretty sure if they are badly fretted they are meant to be  :lol Guthrie doesnít make mistakes!

Offline gazinwales

I'm a big fan of the Payne Asia albums, all of them have their own merits.

Offline wolfking

I don't mind it Kade (better if I don't watch the vid :lol  ).   The solo section was the highlight for me but I find it weird that they left in a couple of badly fretted notes by Guthrie.

I'll have to re listen but I didn't notice anything off.  He does have a pretty distinct jazzy style.