Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 564605 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Not the worst song at all.  I would say its 100x better than that Adrenaline Mob King of the Ring song, maybe even 1000x.

100 times zero is still zero.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Now, let's see how I can get you on to the other band that the singer and guitarist are in......hmm..... :justjen

I don't mind the song Exile  :)   - but yeah..........not really my cuppa tea.

That's a good one.  That's rated as their worst record, but that song is a fair representation of what they are doing lately.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So the first song they release from the new Ten is a generic ballad that kind of lacks any melody or creativity;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYTzwyY9BBw

Not a good first sign.  A shame cause Albion was a great record.  The next one not as much but decent.  I hope this one shows us something but this song is auto pilot Gary.

Offline Lowdz

So the first song they release from the new Ten is a generic ballad that kind of lacks any melody or creativity;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYTzwyY9BBw

Not a good first sign.  A shame cause Albion was a great record.  The next one not as much but decent.  I hope this one shows us something but this song is auto pilot Gary.

Pretty average Ten ballad. But the end of the guitar solo rips Mr Crowley pretty obviously

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Song from the Kryptonite band with Jacob Samuel;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb5CLEKqRas

Was okay until the average chorus.  There is a melody in the middle of the second chorus which is a blatant rip from the verse of Ozzy's Shot in the Dark.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I refuse to listen on a matter of principle
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

The band are gonna be so hurt bro.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

The band are gonna be so hurt bro.

The should be!   :D

Offline Lowdz

It's as fucking awful as you expect it to be. More of the same shit. Doesn't flow, just a bunch of bits stuck together (and not in a sexual way 😀). Surely someone involved knew it was shit?
100% on melodicrock.com?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Romeo-Roll?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Listening to Jorn's album now.  After two songs, I think it's pretty safe to say that this is the best thing he's done under his own name since Lonely are the Brave

Offline Lowdz

Yes mother fuckers!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7TniUhFTUI

It's not Fighting For The Earth is it.
Honestly, how did this album get a release?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yes mother fuckers!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7TniUhFTUI

It's not Fighting For The Earth is it.
Honestly, how did this album get a release?

Frontiers records.

Listening to Jorn's album now.  After two songs, I think it's pretty safe to say that this is the best thing he's done under his own name since Lonely are the Brave

:metal :metal :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Eden's Curse must have known their last album was shit so they have gone back and re-recorded the first one for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2pgJdJ4H1Y

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Saw that ... and a DVD to boot.  Guess they've run out of ideas for new material?  No way I'm handing over my money for this.  This just smells of 'fleecing' your fans.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Saw that ... and a DVD to boot.  Guess they've run out of ideas for new material?  No way I'm handing over my money for this.  This just smells of 'fleecing' your fans.

Absolutely.  The samples don't sound any improvements over the original, even with the change of singer.  The DVD might be cool, but would be a single watch only really.

Offline Lowdz

So Giant played a few songs in Nashville lastight. Dan Huff still smokes on guitar and he didn't sing, but cool to have him back rocking again 🎸😀
Their debut made my top 50.

https://www.facebook.com/brentklopp/posts/10155120015099823

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Another one from this stupid Kee of Hearts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt9SRbvq-BU

This is pretty damn good.  Both songs have been surprising, but seriously fuck that horrible bass player off.  He's a bit fucking late for the Thriller video shoot!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I must admit this is pretty good. That guy has a GREAT voice. Is that MP on drums?

Oh and Kade, the bass player is the least creepiest dude in the band. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

I must admit this is pretty good. That guy has a GREAT voice. Is that MP on drums?

I'm hearing typical Frontiers stuff with a better (i.e. More to my preference with a grittier voice) singer. Had to look away from the video to get any enjoyment at all. Stick to lyric videos ffs when you're that ugly and your singer has a lounge singer cheesy smile no matter what the subject matter.

I'd rather listen to Fair Warning which at least had some character thanks to Helge's guitar playing.

I had hopes for this too.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
  Stick to lyric videos ffs when you're that ugly and your singer has a lounge singer cheesy smile no matter what the subject matter.

:lol

The singer is strange looking. Like eeeeeuuuuuuuwwwwwww.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

haha, fucking scary hey.

I'm hearing typical Frontiers stuff with a better (i.e. More to my preference with a grittier voice) singer. Had to look away from the video to get any enjoyment at all. Stick to lyric videos ffs when you're that ugly and your singer has a lounge singer cheesy smile no matter what the subject matter.

I'd rather listen to Fair Warning which at least had some character thanks to Helge's guitar playing.

I had hopes for this too.

This is the funniest thing I've read in a while, brilliant.  This forum should have a rep system or something, 11 thumbs up!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Good lord.

https://bravewords.com/news/kee-of-hearts-featuring-kee-marcello-and-tommy-heart-release-band-introduction-video

I'm so annoyed that I am at work right so can't watch this.  This is going to be the highlight of my day tonight.

Offline Lowdz

So I like the sound of this, though it's pretty standard fare for Frontiers. Tommys vocals help a lot, great voice, but as my previous post said, I can't stand that cheesy smile...

"It's the end of the world" cheesy smile " and were all going to die" cheesy smile "there'll be guts everywhere" cheesy smile " and death comes from the sky" cheesy smile and a wink aaaarrrrgggghhhh

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
So I like the sound of this, though it's pretty standard fare for Frontiers. Tommys vocals help a lot, great voice, but as my previous post said, I can't stand that cheesy smile...

"It's the end of the world" cheesy smile " and were all going to die" cheesy smile "there'll be guts everywhere" cheesy smile " and death comes from the sky" cheesy smile and a wink aaaarrrrgggghhhh

Tommy has always had that overly enthusiastic/cheesy nature to his presence on video/stage but I think the extra dimension is the teeth.   He has either had falsies or some super duper whitening done that tends to make people look creepy (or more creepy :lol  ) until the dental procedure "settles in".

I agree that this sounds pretty good , at least relative to most recent melrock releases.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Tommy has always had that overly enthusiastic/cheesy nature to his presence on video/stage but I think the extra dimension is the teeth.   He has either had falsies or some super duper whitening done that tends to make people look creepy (or more creepy :lol  ) until the dental procedure "settles in".

I agree that this sounds pretty good , at least relative to most recent melrock releases.

Back to our old friend Warney again, with the makeover he had when he was knocking Liz Hurley off  :biggrin: :biggrin: and I speak from nothing but jealousy  :biggrin:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just realised who Tommy Heart reminds me of....

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Rvolution Saints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWMgLaRppi8

Meh, sounds more poppy any generic than anything on the first album.  disappointing cause I really really liked the first album, hopefully there's better stuff than this on it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New Rvolution Saints

Meh, sounds more poppy any generic than anything on the first album.  disappointing cause I really really liked the first album, hopefully there's better stuff than this on it.

Yeah - sounds like a Delvecchio cookie cutter special.    The press release I saw didn't comment on the writing but I am betting that the 3 guys didn't contribute much.  Although Blades/Night Ranger are way too "happy" these days so maybe he had a bit of input.

I am way behind on 2017 stuff but it's shaping as a pretty shitty year from what I have got to.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:39:25 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

New Rvolution Saints

Yeah - sounds like a Delvecchio cookie cutter special.    The press release I saw didn't comment on the writing but I am betting that the 3 guys didn't contribute much.  Although Blades/Night Ranger are way too "happy" these days so maybe he had a bit of input.

I am way behind on 2017 stuff but it's shaping as a pretty shitty year from what I have got to.

Before I played it I knew exactly how the riff would sound, most songs on the last one had it. I didn't mind it, mainly because of the vocals.