Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 568774 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Much better than the first one, but the vocals are just shit and ruin it IMO.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well, I was being facetious, but yeah, the music was actually OK.

I still can't get over the band's name.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Del Vecchio came up with the name while he was taking a shit.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Fuck, I found another one;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83vSl1SbRvQ

This album has the potential to be the worst album of all time.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Kade if you confirm it's the worst album ever you need to do a review that will surpass your Frequency Unknown review

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Kade if you confirm it's the worst album ever you need to do a review that will surpass your Frequency Unknown review

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Lowdz

Well, I was being facetious, but yeah, the music was actually OK.

I still can't get over the band's name.

The name is a line from the title track of the Atomic Playboys album the singer did with Steve Stevens many moons ago when he was still alive  :biggrin:
It does sound like it came straight from the Frontiers Big Book of Project Names though.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I don't know if I can top that, but I always love a good challenge.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Every few months, I think back to that post - it brings a warmth to my soul and a smile to my cheeks.  Quite easily one of my most favorite posts ever.  Page 11 of the "unofficial" Queensryche thread.  Gold I tell ya ... GOLD!

Seriously, it's worth the re-read.  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=36090.msg1565339#msg1565339

Kade.... even if this was your one and only post, you belong in the DTF hall of fame.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
One of the best reviews ever!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I feel so special guys, seriously, cheers.  I wrote the thing while listening off the top of my head, pure emotion.  I didn't think it would go down like it did, but glad you guys loved it so much.

EDIT:  Having a read know, I was so fired up that first line doesn't even make sense hahaha!!

EDIT 2: Man, lots of grammer errors in this, which isn't like me, I was very angry.  A couple of quotes I like even though there are errors;

I gave Geoff the benefit of the doubt and tried to show him some love, but his shitting on me, or should I say spitting on me again.

I think I might throw my copy of FU at some clown walking down the street tomorrow for laughs.

haha.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:57:47 AM by wolfking »

Offline Lowdz

Can't argue with any of it either. You weren't harsh enough 😀

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Can't argue with any of it either. You weren't harsh enough 😀

I thought that too when I reread it.  :hat

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Those of you who thought Frontiers had hit rock bottom in terms of band names with Radiation Romeos..............think again.

The new band formed by Kee Marcello and Tommy Heart will be called............................Kee of Hearts  :facepalm:
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Not a good name

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It could've been worse .... Cello Heart.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Those of you who thought Frontiers had hit rock bottom in terms of band names with Radiation Romeos..............think again.

The new band formed by Kee Marcello and Tommy Heart will be called............................Kee of Hearts  :facepalm:

I saw that. So bad.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I immediately dismiss anything from Frontiers that isn't something already established - unless it's got Magnus Karlsson involved (eg, The Ferrymen).  Otherwise, I'm only stick to what I know ... and even then it's a crap shoot.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I just googled the word 'kee' as I thought it must have been an actual word I've just never heard of.  From what I can gather it's a noun and 'kie' 'ky' and 'kine' seem to be alternatives.

Ky is an abreviation of Kentucky, but kine and kie seem to be a plural of cow. 

Kee could also be an acronym, but I don't think so.  It could just be a play of the word 'key' perhaps.  Or did they think kee somehow rhymed with queen, which it doesn't.

Hmm....I so, I'm trying here, and looking to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm struggling and still not understanding how this works into the title of that stupid, moronic, childish, demented, toilet flushing excuse for a fucking band name.  Did someone actually think that that was fucking clever??

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Hmm....I so, I'm trying here, and looking to give them the benefit of the doubt,

See, that's where things go off the rails for you.   :D

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hmm....I so, I'm trying here, and looking to give them the benefit of the doubt,

See, that's where things go off the rails for you.   :D

I will never learn.  :mehlin

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
, but kine and kie seem to be a plural of cow. 

Hmm...and I've been using the word "cows" my entire life.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
, but kine and kie seem to be a plural of cow. 

Hmm...and I've been using the word "cows" my entire life.

I know right!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
The lolz keep coming...

Sometimes musicians are put together who only know each other from afar via their respective recordings, but something clicks and triggers a magical moment. That's exactly what happened when Jakob Samuel from The Poodles met up with producer Alessandro Del Vecchio on the heels of a concept created by Frontiers President Serafino Perugino. Together, they set off to work on a new band that could offer lyrical concepts that are deep and intelligent with music that operates within the genres they excel in. And most importantly, has a great energy and impact.

Together with executive producer Serafino Perugino, they handpicked each musician to be part of their vision for a strong lineup of young and hungry Swedish musicians that would be ready to go out there and kick some ass. Pontus Egberg, formerly of The Poodles and now the bass player for King Diamond and Treat, was the first one to enter the picture, followed shortly thereafter by Robban Back of Mustasch (and ex-Eclipse (Sweden)). The choice of guitar player fell to the young and immensely gifted Mike Palace. Mike showed his huge talents as a writer and performer on his band Palace’s debut album and on several songs he has already written for the label.

On paper, this doesn't sound bad; the cover and name though...  ::)  I just sampled some of the Palace... on first listen of track 1, it was uninspired powder puff Melodic Rock.  Standard fare for Frontiers these days. 

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Palace was one of their better releases last year IMO - I featured one of the better songs in the 2016 "Best of the Rest." .   Sounds like a decent lineup but I can't think of the last one of these "projects" where the quality of music matched that of the names.  They just don't write and collaborate like they used to.   It'll be ADV writing the vast majority , the others adding a few touches here and there , most likely done over email etc.....

It works occasionally (the first Place Vendome was done like that) but it's rare.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:44:26 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, I thought you had them on the 2016 podcast.  I sampled the first 3 tracks a while back, and it clearly wasn't that memorable!  After listening to the whole album, it mildly improved my impression of it.

Not expecting much... as I said, on paper (screen?) it looks good.  In practice, not likely.

Offline Lowdz

Posted it in the hard rock page. Not excited at all. Will be decent performances but the same old boring songs.
There must be better stuff out there. It's like whenever I see some shitty sci-fi or fantasy movie and I know there are hundreds of books out there that would make great films and still they make the same shit over and over.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It's not melodic rock but I have an interesting, rare prog/power concept album coming up as a feature album in the next podcast.  I would be surprised if anyone has heard of them and it's one of maybe half a dozen concept albums that I give a shit about.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It's not melodic rock but I have an interesting, rare prog/power concept album coming up as a feature album in the next podcast.  I would be surprised if anyone has heard of them and it's one of maybe half a dozen concept albums that I give a shit about.

Giggity.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The EPK for Kryptonite:   https://youtu.be/G28qAPjZSVc

most likely done over email etc.....

Funnily enough (given what I said above) the first thing Jakob says is that they're catching up for the first time to shoot the video  :lol   There's enough in there to get a feel for what it will sound like.  I will go out on a limb and predict it'll be "solid"  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That's just the way it's done these days, for Frontiers anyway at least.  The Ferryman EPK the guys said the same thing, that met each other that very day for the video clips! 

I couldn't be bothered checking out that EPK to be honest at the moment.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I watched for a minute then turned it off.

Hey Mike Palace, Vinnie Moore from 1988 called and he wants his fucking hair back!

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I watched for a minute then turned it off.

Hey Mike Palace, Vinnie Moore from 1988 called and he wants his fucking hair back!

Vinnie Moore is also running out of shrimp

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The EPK for Kryptonite:   https://youtu.be/G28qAPjZSVc

That f'n blows! WTF is that?

Even if I was interested in this project, that video would piss me off so bad, I'd skip it totally. Who are these people? They look like the band in School Of Rock that beat the kids at the Battle Of The Bands.