Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 112645 times)

Online MirrorMask

Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #3325 on: April 20, 2018, 03:06:49 AM »
That is far, far beyond the "little bit" of fantasy craft you announced  :lol

If I pretend Maiden do the shows DT style (intermission, rotating setlists etc) that could work, even though I feel no need for Back in the Village, and that the encore is anticlimatic, with Phantom being a strange closer. Also If Eternity Should Fail could surely skip the intro, but it feels oddly placed there as second-to-last song of the first set.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #3326 on: April 20, 2018, 07:49:58 AM »
Maiden aren't really an "intermission" kind of band, though are they?   I feel like they go out, full on for two hours, two and a half hours, and that's what you get. 

Oh, and I would kill to hear "Back In The Village".  One of my favorite Maiden songs. 

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3327 on: April 20, 2018, 08:01:40 AM »
Ridiculously amazing and long interview on Chris Jericho's podcast with Blaze Bayley.  They spend a ton of time talking about Blaze's audition and his time in Maiden, in addition to his firing from the band.

Wow - Parts of Silicon Messiah were intended for the 3rd Blaze Maiden album.   :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdKoE0w3QMI&t=1327s
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:28:40 AM by Grappler »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #3328 on: April 20, 2018, 08:03:01 AM »
Wow. Will check that later.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3329 on: April 20, 2018, 09:44:58 AM »
Nah.  We have the lovely live in NJ version on Flight 666 (I love this being that I was near the barrier for it).  Playing it again would be cool cause it's a great song live, but definitely not something that sets social media on fire unless the change it up some way.
Did you show up in the video? I was at the TNotB gig in LA, but I wasn't particularly close.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #3330 on: April 20, 2018, 09:55:02 AM »
Nah.  We have the lovely live in NJ version on Flight 666 (I love this being that I was near the barrier for it).  Playing it again would be cool cause it's a great song live, but definitely not something that sets social media on fire unless the change it up some way.
Did you show up in the video? I was at the TNotB gig in LA, but I wasn't particularly close.

I look for myself every time I watch, but it appears I didn't make the cut

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #3331 on: April 20, 2018, 12:03:46 PM »
I wonder if the set will continously change with the backdrops, or if they'll have themes being present for a bunch of songs.

As per the information on the Iron Maiden website, the kingdoms of the game where you can travel and the accompanying albums providing the soundtracks are:

AILING KINGDOM:
Seventh Son, Brave New World

BATTLEFIELD:
Powerslave, Piece of Mind, A Matter of Life and Death

UNDERWORLD:
The Number of the Beast

KINGDOM OF THE SANDS:
Powerslave, BNW

And on a Legacy of the Beast wikia I saw announced a "Night City" level (obviously a callback for the Di'Anno era).

So, for the Ailing Kingdom, we've got The Evil that Men Do and Brave New World (the song), or maybe Ghost of the Navigator.

For Battlefield, we've got Aces High, The Trooper and For the Greater Good of God.

For Underworld, we have The Number of the Beast.

For Kingdom of the Sands we have Powerslave and The Nomad.

These two latter songs I don't think they will be played: The Nomad was never played at all, and Powerslave was just played in the previous tour.
Battlefield could start off the set: Aces High as opener, The Trooper second song, and then maybe sneak Death or Glory and Where Eagles Dare before a pause, and For the Greater Good of God can be fifth in the set.

Then I wouldn't know where to start to place the rest of the songs, since they'll have anyway to lead up to the duo Fear of the Dark / Iron Maiden before a three songs encore, and with the Kingdom of the Sands songs being very unlikely (maybe it's the good slot for Alex the Great?)

I wanted to present a setlist based on that but I gave up after five songs  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!