Author Topic: Official Helloween thread v. Pumpkins United  (Read 25354 times)

Offline AnybodyListening.net

• Queensr˙che (original lineup) Archivist
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • AnybodyListening.net
Re: Official Helloween thread v. Pumpkins United
« Reply #525 on: February 16, 2017, 08:18:13 AM »
From what Deris said, I would anticipate this being more of a permanent thing. As long as they can pull it off money-wise (having two singers on the payroll can get expensive), I see no reason why they couldn't. Deris' comment about not having to perform the high pitched Kiske songs is hysterical. I think Andi should stick to his own era, honestly. I never cared for him singing Kiske-era tunes anyway.

So if it works out that the tour is successful, and they all get along great, and they attempt writing something together, and that all goes great, then if the money issues get sorted, I'd be pretty happy if this was permanent.
This Samsära guy doesn't post too much, but he's pretty much always right.  :tup
Winger would be better!

Offline wolfking

« Reply #526 on: February 16, 2017, 03:13:16 PM »
I thought Deris was always alright on the Kiske stuff, considering how different his voice is.  I guess time will tell and the developments of this will be interesting.

Being a permanent thing live would be cool, but I think might be more harder to sustain in a studio environment.  Do you make it as jj said earlier, a permanent Allen/Lande style affair, but every album from now on would be like that, which would be a bit weird IMO.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #527 on: February 16, 2017, 03:17:45 PM »
I think Helloween has become a little stale the last few releases.  I've bought them all and like them, but I think the band needed to make a change.  I can't imagine any fan wanted Andi out of the band, but by adding Kai/Michael, I can't see them upsetting any of the fanbase, but rather just making more people happy.

I think this is a good final chapter/s for the band.

Offline wolfking

« Reply #528 on: February 16, 2017, 03:21:22 PM »
Nicely said Jason.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #529 on: February 16, 2017, 03:32:49 PM »
I liked what Mushroomhead did on their last album, so I am optimistic about them doing an album with both.