Author Topic: Hell On Wheels  (Read 4338 times)

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
Hell On Wheels
« on: November 06, 2011, 08:24:15 PM »
I'm not watching this 'till tomorrow, but I figure I would start a thread so we can discuss this shiz.

Offline GuineaPig

Re: Hell On Wheels
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 08:42:29 PM »
Apparently it's a mediocre Deadwood
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 08:48:27 PM »
Well, if that's the case, then it's probably great. Since Deadwood is amazing.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »
Previews look good, but I've heard nothing but average things about it.  I'll probably keep up with it anyways, since I have nothing better to do most of the time.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 10:03:55 PM »
It was pretty good. The only reason I'm really interested is because Common is in it.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 07:43:12 AM »
I liked it. I'm a sucker for any type of History movie/show like this and think it's a neat idea. A moralistic yet cold blooded vigilante, on the hunt for his wife's killers. How is that not cool? Plus, AMC once again appears to have great production/costumes/sets etc. for this series as well so it looks good also.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 07:45:57 AM »
I have some serious problems with the way the producers chickened out on the main character.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 08:59:30 AM »
I have some serious problems with the way the producers chickened out on the main character.
Elaborate? Is this series inspired by novel or short story or something where they've deviated from the 'original' characters M.O.?

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 09:32:47 AM »
Elaborate? Is this series inspired by novel or short story or something where they've deviated from the 'original' characters M.O.?

No, just that the main guy's backstory was that he was a Confederate slave-owner... who set free all his slaves before the war because he realized slavery was wrong, and then fought on the Confederate side because of "honour," and acts like he is from the 21st century.  It's a massive cop-out to have your main character(s) act completely unrealistically enlightened in order to garner audience sympathy or whatever.  Especially if you're then going to use racism as a way to identify who the "bad guys" are.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 07:31:21 PM »
Just watched the Pilot today, and I really liked it. Of course, I love history/period pieces in general, so I'm probably a lil biased.

Anyways, im definately interested to see where it goes from here.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline MasterLomaxus

• Onion Flakes
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 11:32:31 PM »
I just watched the first episode today.  I enjoyed it quite a bit. 

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 08:45:10 AM »
Hmm interesting, dosen't seem like this show caught on here. A couple of days ago I started watching the first season on HBO and after a couple of episodes I must say I really enjoying it so far. I've seen so many modern day shows or future shows that I felt for some western especially after seeing Klondike. Funny thing I accidently saw the whole first episode on S03 because I forgot to change what season I wanted to see.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 09:35:52 AM »
Hmm interesting, dosen't seem like this show caught on here. A couple of days ago I started watching the first season on HBO and after a couple of episodes I must say I really enjoying it so far. I've seen so many modern day shows or future shows that I felt for some western especially after seeing Klondike. Funny thing I accidently saw the whole first episode on S03 because I forgot to change what season I wanted to see.  :lol

I love it!! If I recall correctly this coming up season is the final season? I think I remember reading that. Other than an episode here or there I've enjoyed the show quite a bit.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 10:18:22 AM »
I forgot I even started this thread. I watched the first season and a little of the second but it didn't impress me too much.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 11:09:06 AM »
Still following.  It's a great show.  The wife and I will miss it after it's last year.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 10:43:48 PM »
Thought that was a cool first episode. Bohannan can't go three hours without having some sort of nemesis. Now it's a Chinese gangster  :rollin

And, why doesn't he just shoot the Swede in the head? Cone on already, the dude strangled his lover and has been nothing but trouble. Shoot em and be done with it.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 09:31:19 AM »
Love this show! Great first episode and while I'll be sad when it's over, it will be nice to see the story concluded.

Also, the Swede is the most underrated villains in the history of TV/Movies. Such a creep.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 10:14:20 AM »
Also, the Swede is the most underrated villains in the history of TV/Movies. Such a creep.

No kidding....talk about 9 lives!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 08:00:22 AM »
I like the show and this season has been good....but I can see why this is the last season. There's only so much you can extract from that story (man) and it's wearing thin at this point. Same story...different city/people.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 12:05:23 PM »
I finally caught up with the show. I must say that it's nice having a lead character that is kind of a hero. Love GoT but it's nice watching a show where you know he will survive situations.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 12:28:54 PM »

And how much I want him 6 feet under.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 02:14:35 PM »

And how much I want him 6 feet under.

I'm not sure he will die now. At least by Bohannan's hand. If Bohannan wanted him dead he'd have killed him by now. Interesting that this weekends episode is the last episode 'of they year'.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 02:16:33 PM »
Well, he did want him dead but Bohannan is fighting with himself to change.  Which is great to watch.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 11:20:52 AM »
Looking forward to the last 7 episodes. Any info on when it's suppose to air?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2016, 12:03:39 PM »
Man, this is one of those instances where I really wanted to like the show, but I just couldn't bring myself to give half a shit about the characters or story.  :lol It's a shame because it seems really well produced and pretty well acted but holy shit there are just too many cowboy shoot 'em up we so hardcore shows this decade. I can only watch so many before not caring about one of 'em. I think my subconscious was all, "Hey, Westworld is totally going to blow this out of the water, save your shit giving for that" or something... Even then, I might just be done with the cowboy genre. Maybe after I watch that... or if HoW ends well I'll try to get back into it but...meh. I really like Anson Mount and Common is great as well. It's just the characters that don't really do anything for me.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2016, 05:07:48 PM »
Looking forward to the last 7 episodes. Any info on when it's suppose to air?

Haven't heard. But I'm looking forward to it as well. Really want to see how the story ends. Bohannan 'deserves' a happy ending but I'd be surprised if he gets it.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 06:56:12 AM »
I believe the same as last year. Late summer, probably August. Now that I've cut the cable cord I'm going to have to figure out a way to watch my AMC shows.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2016, 07:41:21 AM »
Really? thought it was only a break and it would continue in spring given it's in the middle of the last season.  :-\

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2016, 07:04:17 AM »
The final episodes of this amazing show start a week from Saturday (6/11). Can't wait to see how the show ends.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 08:36:24 AM »
The final episodes of this amazing show start a week from Saturday (6/11). Can't wait to see how the show ends.

I hope they do it justice with a good send off. Been a long time coming.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 09:18:59 AM »
Oh wow I think I have to catch up, been a while. Looking forward to it though.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 09:03:09 PM »
I need to catch up as well. Is last season on Netflix yet?

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2016, 06:31:42 AM »
I believe the latest season was just added to Netflix.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 12:58:27 PM »
I had no idea this had started back up....it's nearly over now I think. I'll have to find it on AMC or something to watch these last episodes.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 03:35:50 PM »
Of course Cullen is going out with a bang.  Literally.