Author Topic: Where our fatties at?  (Read 10123 times)

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: I know it's made of cartilage goddamn it!
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2011, 10:39:37 AM »
Fuck that! Soda is way worse for you than beer. Beer is good for your bones, you know  :biggrin:

Not always. Whiskey dick kills boners  :(
:rollin :rollin

(also the subject line:  :tup)

Try to get addicted to another drink. A diet soda for example.

Eh, going from regular soda to diet soda is like eating a small pizza every day instead of a large pizza.  Anyone serious about losing weight should cut soda out of their diet almost altogether.  The "almost" being that you can still have one when you have a cheat meal once or twice a week, which I always encourage, simply to keep your sanity.

Well his comment was in reference to me regarding beer. I don't like soda (ever since I wasn't allowed to drink it for two years), but there's no way I'm cutting beer out of my diet. The problem is having no idea about the calorie content, etc. in what I'm drinking.

Didn't say I was free, or even cheap, just said I would love too.  I'm sure we can work out some sort of "arrangement".

:eyebrows:
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline livehard

Re: Where our fatties at?
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2011, 11:04:07 AM »
If you're serious about getting in shape, I would suggest the P90x workout.  Its not easy, but im 3 weeks in and people have already commented about how I look like I've lost weight...

My son is one his 3rd 90 day cycle..he really didn't lose lots of weight (that wasn't his goal) but has definately added mass...I tried to do the warm-up DVD with him when I purchased it for him and barely made it through the warm-up before the real exercises start   :facepalm:

Ya its so tough.  So you think he's in a lot better shape?

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2011, 11:21:26 AM »
I'll break the Wii fit out in a moment and take my weight. Should we start it next week on a Monday? Mondays are always good days to start things. If we all post our start weights next Monday, then Metty can update the front post with everyone's starting weights and then percentage weight loss after the first Monday weigh in. So, am I right in thinking that the equation for percentage weight loss would be Last weeks weight divided by weight lost this week? I'm no mathematician.

Is the percentage thing mandatory? can we just compare by pounds? Otherwise I'm on board for everything else you mentioned.

Measuring in lbs is not very fair. I weigh 130lbs and hope to lose 20lbs (16%). But for someone who weighs 210lbs to lose 16% has to lose 34lbs to compare.

Either you're not very tall or very young. 130lbs is almost underweight for most.

She's like 5' I think, maybe shorter, and in her twenties.  She's just short.

Just making sure we weren't encourage anorexia.  :lol

hahaha I'm 4'11 I think... oh and 26

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2011, 11:56:10 AM »
If you're serious about getting in shape, I would suggest the P90x workout.  Its not easy, but im 3 weeks in and people have already commented about how I look like I've lost weight...

My son is one his 3rd 90 day cycle..he really didn't lose lots of weight (that wasn't his goal) but has definately added mass...I tried to do the warm-up DVD with him when I purchased it for him and barely made it through the warm-up before the real exercises start   :facepalm:

Ya its so tough.  So you think he's in a lot better shape?

absolutely he now has some definition and can go through the majority of the workouts with pausing as opposed to when he started he was pausing the DVD to catch his breathe
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »
I think my biggest issue is my sheer lack of motivation. I want to get myself to lose weight/get in shape, but everytime I find excuses to put my methods on hold for a while.

Someone bitch me out or something so that I never want to eat gresae ever again.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline jsem

« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2011, 01:11:55 PM »
If anything I need to gain some weight. I'm pretty skinny. 1.76 meters tall, 60kg. But I have no desire to hit the gym or anything, I simply don't care.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: I know it's made of cartilage goddamn it!
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2011, 01:14:09 PM »

Eh, going from regular soda to diet soda is like eating a small pizza every day instead of a large pizza.  Anyone serious about losing weight should cut soda out of their diet almost altogether.  The "almost" being that you can still have one when you have a cheat meal once or twice a week, which I always encourage, simply to keep your sanity.

Well his comment was in reference to me regarding beer. I don't like soda (ever since I wasn't allowed to drink it for two years), but there's no way I'm cutting beer out of my diet. The problem is having no idea about the calorie content, etc. in what I'm drinking.

I know, but I was going for a more general comment. ;)  It just drives me nuts when I hear people talking about losing weight and then acting like going from regular soda to diet soda is gonna make some big difference.  I know, I know, baby steps, but sometimes you gotta suck it up and radically change it up. 

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2011, 01:54:37 PM »

You're right. The change from regular to diet sodas is a radical and tiring one but let me tell you this; once you get over that bitterness of soda-sugar loss and hooked on Aspartame. Aspartame is the sugar substitute they use for diet sodas and it's much tastier than sugar imo now. I've been hooked on diet coke and diet dr pepper for 5 years so even before I needed to lose weight or went on a diet. I'd order a diet coke with a pizza and people would be laughing and going "What kinda diet is that! you think the diet coke will save you from the pizza?" and I realize it looks weird so I have to explain that I'm having the diet coke merely for the taste, not the diet.
And it's definitely a strong cut in your calorie intake if you're a 5/6 cans of soda a day guy like me. Beside the while-driving big cups from drive-thru places.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2011, 12:01:25 AM »
Ugh, diet soda is gross. Those artificial sweeteners give me headaches, too.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2011, 12:06:20 PM »
I've lost exactly 4 lbs in 4 days, mind you when I weighed myself this morning I took a major bowel movement when i got to work. So i have probably lost more than 4 lbs.

Breakfast is an apple, 2 pieces of toast and fruit/vegetable juice. Lunch and supper are whatever low fat item i can get my hands and a large salad with no dressing, usually with 0% milk. And lots of water during the day.

At around 7pm I go for a jog/walk for 35 minutes. So I am probably consuming about 15-30 grams of fat per day. Burning about 300 calories on the treadmill, which is about 33.33 grams of fat.     

Offline adameastment

« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2011, 12:11:16 PM »
I came to uni, and have become less of a fattie. It's a noticable difference.. Because when I bought a lab coat early October it was a tiny bit tight on me, now it's not :D

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2011, 12:17:22 PM »
I came to uni, and have become less of a fattie. It's a noticable difference.. Because when I bought a lab coat early October it was a tiny bit tight on me, now it's not :D

:tup

My pants are growing loose!

Offline adameastment

« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2011, 12:39:08 PM »
I've lost exactly 4 lbs in 4 days, mind you when I weighed myself this morning I took a major bowel movement when i got to work. So i have probably lost more than 4 lbs.

Breakfast is an apple, 2 pieces of toast and fruit/vegetable juice. Lunch and supper are whatever low fat item i can get my hands and a large salad with no dressing, usually with 0% milk. And lots of water during the day.

At around 7pm I go for a jog/walk for 35 minutes. So I am probably consuming about 15-30 grams of fat per day. Burning about 300 calories on the treadmill, which is about 33.33 grams of fat.   

I'm seriously considering joining the gym. I haven't changed my diet as drastically as you, just drastically reduced my portion size down and snacking between meals. I have found this works, but not as quickly as I'd like. I have lost a chin from my face (I only have one now  :metal ) and I still have 1 Subway a week :P.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2011, 04:06:15 PM »
I just bought a bicycle & I'm enjoying it a lot.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2011, 04:24:38 PM »
Can I join? Perpetual Change called me a fatass >:(

Seriously though...I've been off and on of trying to lose weight, but with school pretty much over for me, I can focus on other things like losing weight. School always makes me wanna stress eat.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2011, 07:16:18 PM »

Based on your recommendations from the diet thread I've been reading this www.marksdailyapple.com for a few days and really considering it. I just need a jump start :lol

Offline 5

• Serial thread killer
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2011, 12:27:21 AM »
Sorry, no English units here. In Europe (well, most of it at least) we use the sensible metric system!

So, I'm 190cm tall and went from weighing 125kg in May to around 100 kg now. Since it's getting really cold here and I can't cycle outside anymore, last week I got myself a training bike. Time to lose another 20kg by the end of January!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Why the fuck do some people pronounce it "highTH"
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2011, 01:04:29 AM »
Sorry, no English units here. In Europe (well, most of it at least) we use the sensible metric system!

So, I'm 190cm tall and went from weighing 125kg in May to around 100 kg now. Since it's getting really cold here and I can't cycle outside anymore, last week I got myself a training bike. Time to lose another 20kg by the end of January!

Congrats dude! I think you'd be 6'3" and went from 275 lbs. to 220 lbs. and are looking to end at roughly 175 pounds. You may wanna try to lose some height though since, at 190 cm, you are in that "at risk" group :P
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2011, 01:37:37 AM »
I'm from a metric system country as well but I do all my conversions before posting so I wouldn't confuse the folks here :lol

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2011, 05:48:28 AM »
In Canada we try to go metric but there is too much US influence.

Offline 5

• Serial thread killer
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2011, 08:45:09 AM »
I'm from a metric system country as well but I do all my conversions before posting so I wouldn't confuse the folks here :lol

Yeah, I tried to do that 3 times and each time I finished typing my post the browser crashed. Eventually I said to myself "screw this" and decided to just go with metric :D But from now on, I shall convert.

Congrats dude! I think you'd be 6'3" and went from 275 lbs. to 220 lbs. and are looking to end at roughly 175 pounds. You may wanna try to lose some height though since, at 190 cm, you are in that "at risk" group :P

Thank you! Yeah, we'll see how that goes. If for health reasons I decide that enough is enough before reaching the goal weight, the world's not gonna end. ;)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2011, 12:06:38 PM »
I'm 6'0" and weigh 218 lbs so I could lose 20 pounds and be at a perfect weight. Trouble is I'm not motivated to lose 20 pounds. I don't the best way to go about doing it. If you don't have a good plan you can't succeed.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2011, 12:10:22 PM »

Based on your recommendations from the diet thread I've been reading this www.marksdailyapple.com for a few days and really considering it. I just need a jump start :lol

let's do it together! I've been slacking on it because of school and also no motivation.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »
Motivation. My biggest problem with this and it's directly connected to the time factor. I'm impatient expecting the results but now I'm gonna see it through.
Jamesman let's do this! when do we start? cause Domino's have a kick ass offer on their 7 cheese pizza. 7,99$!!!! Large!!  Seven ninety nine!!!
No seriously when do we start?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »
Whenever you are ready! Although I would wait til tomorrow for me XD

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2011, 03:04:40 PM »
Also, if you wanna go Primal with me, I'll give you a list of cheaper and faster foods that work well in this thread. I've seriously been off and on Primal for a year. I just have no accountability

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2011, 03:16:23 PM »
Okay I'll wait til tomorrow (Pizza tonight :biggrin:)
I'm anticipating the first week when you mentioned you felt really weak and had headaches. But I really have nothing to do for a while so I'm gonna sleep that week off. Just video gaming, bike riding and diet. I have to keep the video gaming into that particular equation or I'll mess up my sexual orientation  :lol
I'm gonna prepare a shopping list and hit the super market tonight.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2011, 03:23:42 PM »
I'm also gonna have pizza or hot pockets tonight...school has stressed me out but it is over tomorrow!

I'm having to eat cheaply for the next 3 or so weeks. Thanksgiving is gonna be a big cheat day for me. Here is what I'm gonna be primal on:

Ground beef or Hamburgers
Eggs
Chicken Wings
Broccoli
Shredded Cheddar or Sliced Cheddar
Butter
Gonna ask the butcher for bones and organ meat (should be free or very cheap)

It's actually really cheap.

If you get a really bad headache, buy a SMALL candy bar. I did that and it helped. Sleep also helps. Lots of water. Your body is addicted to that bad crap. You literally have to detox it (as will I, though it wont be as bad as the first time). You will make it through. PM me if you need support.

Do you wanna post pics? I think it could be very motivating to post unflattering pics of ourselves in here.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2011, 03:55:56 PM »
Ugh, here I am, overstressed and too much eating:

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »
Okay I'll try to get a couple of those looking exactly the same way :)
I'll get the ground beef and the other stuff tonight.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2011, 05:00:13 PM »
Sweet, glad to have you man...we're gonna look goooood

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2011, 05:22:46 PM »
Also, foods to avoid:

Corn in any form
Fake fats like margarine...use butter
Bread
Pasta
Rice
Cereal
Juices
Sugary fruits

I would also say milk. It's alright sparingly but when you eat less sweets milk tastes phenomenally good and sweet, but milk has a decent amount of sugar in it. Dairy wise, go with full fat greek yogurt, full fat cheese, and butter.

It'll amaze you how much your tastes buds will change.

Offline adameastment

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2011, 05:47:05 PM »
Also, foods to avoid:

Corn in any form
Fake fats like margarine...use butter
Bread
Pasta
Rice
Cereal
Juices
Sugary fruits

I would also say milk. It's alright sparingly but when you eat less sweets milk tastes phenomenally good and sweet, but milk has a decent amount of sugar in it. Dairy wise, go with full fat greek yogurt, full fat cheese, and butter.

It'll amaze you how much your tastes buds will change.

The bit about milk is soooo true. Before saturday, I didn't have any chocolate/sweet stuff for nearly a month. Milk was terrible because of it's creamyness and sweetness, shame I ruined it by pigging out last week when I went home :(

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2011, 07:40:34 PM »
Jamesman did you buy the Primal Blueprint book? Cause I'm kinda lost on the website when it comes to locating a straight forward "Step by step; this is how you do the diet" kinda page.
I'll buy the book if I have to.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2011, 07:59:13 PM »
Oh okay when you subscribe they give you access to 4 e-books about the whole thing, I'll just put them on my iPad :)