Author Topic: Where our fatties at?  (Read 10031 times)

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Where our fatties at?
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 08:38:03 AM »
Good to hear Raven, how long did it take you?

I started during the summer of '08 and lost 70 lbs by Fall of '09. I remained there for about a year, with the occasional weight gain of 10 or 15 lbs, but I mostly stayed stagnant.

I lost an additional 10 lbs within 2 or 3 weeks after intensifying my workout routine. I'm hoping I can stay at my current weight or possibly even improve further.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 08:39:38 AM »
Board competition on weight loss? Gotta be by % weight, as I'm 20lbs too heavy and only 130lbs

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 09:21:52 AM »
Maybe I'm misreading your post here, but aren't you proving my exact point? You're in college and because of activity, your metabolism is through the roof. And these days you don't, so you're gaining weight.

rumborak

Perhaps I misunderstood your point. In no way is the metabolism "speed" a myth.

Offline BMWWrstlr

• Official DTF flag-thrower
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 12:20:10 PM »
I'd like to drop 25-30 lbs. I'm 5'10-11" (depending on whom you ask  :-\ ) and being 190 lbs. doesn't appeal to me.

At that height 190 pounds seems pretty damn healthy....I'm confused....
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars.

Offline BMWWrstlr

• Official DTF flag-thrower
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2011, 12:26:27 PM »
Metabolism a myth? Ummmm....no....you're largely responsible for your own metabolism. Of course, with age it will break down somewhat, but if you're conscientious about the amount of physical activity you get you won't balloon to twice your normal size if you maintain a particular diet.
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2011, 12:36:12 PM »
I'd like to drop 25-30 lbs. I'm 5'10-11" (depending on whom you ask  :-\ ) and being 190 lbs. doesn't appeal to me.

At that height 190 pounds seems pretty damn healthy....I'm confused....

In the right clothing I look average bordering on thin but I'm poorly distributed since I'm not large-framed. I'm probably slightly on the smaller side of what would be considered "average-framed" so even at 5'10/11" I probably should be around 165-170. Also, I'd probably be losing all that weight in the face and beer gut as the vast majority of the rest of me ain't all that bad.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2011, 12:57:31 PM »
Board competition on weight loss? Gotta be by % weight, as I'm 20lbs too heavy and only 130lbs

I think that's how they do it on the biggest loser, sounds like a plan ^^
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2011, 09:49:30 PM »
Okay so how the fuck does this work? I'm ready to lose the 20 lbs I gained when I moved to Denver and started drinking all this beer.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2011, 10:16:25 PM »
Since nobody from the previous thread is stepping up then we have to figure it out on our own or make up our own thing.
If I had to make something up I would say we post our weights now then mention our choice of diet style and maybe discuss it or recommend to each other then every time I go to whataburger I come to this thread and confess then you cuss me out until I think twice before I cheat again.
So.. diet ideas that doesn't entice social hatred?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2011, 10:32:38 PM »
Perhaps we should set a day for when we post weights and achievement etc.. Just so the thread is flooded with random weights. That way the thread can focus on conversation. Just a thought.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2011, 11:23:23 PM »
Metabolism a myth? Ummmm....no....you're largely responsible for your own metabolism. Of course, with age it will break down somewhat, but if you're conscientious about the amount of physical activity you get you won't balloon to twice your normal size if you maintain a particular diet.

I think we're using different ideas of metabolism here though, that might be the source of confusion.
I'm referring to the common use of the word "metabolism" as the base rate of burning energy, i.e. disregarding physical activity. That's what people mean when they say "my metabolism slowed down", they mean that with similar physical activity during the day than when they were young, these days they start accumulating weight.
With that definition, IMHO the statement of "I'm gaining weight because my metabolism slowed down" is mostly a myth. It's because of the lack of physical activity that you're gaining weight, not because your body inherently processes caloric intake differently.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2011, 02:01:13 AM »
Something tells me I am going to be of absolutely no use in this contest. :P

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2011, 06:27:25 AM »

I'm sorry, but I think we might have to ban you and your bacon from this thread.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2011, 08:12:58 AM »

I'm sorry, but I think we might have to ban you and your bacon from this thread.

:lol

Actually, I can offer some good tips on how to make seemingly boring ass food liven up a bit, so if anyone wants to convert a recipe to be healthier, I can help without making it suck balls.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2011, 08:47:31 AM »
Can you just be my personal chef plz

Offline livehard

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2011, 09:00:15 AM »
If you're serious about getting in shape, I would suggest the P90x workout.  Its not easy, but im 3 weeks in and people have already commented about how I look like I've lost weight...

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2011, 09:01:14 AM »
Well i'm up for any ideas on how you guys want to do this, I've already started losing some weight  :D

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2011, 09:02:57 AM »
It seems like last two times we started but didn't finish (in typical diet fashion  :\) but I lost weight both times.   I will be glad to give it a shot running it this time.    Pm me if interested and ur ideas on the best way to run it

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2011, 09:25:30 AM »
If you're serious about getting in shape, I would suggest the P90x workout.  Its not easy, but im 3 weeks in and people have already commented about how I look like I've lost weight...

My son is one his 3rd 90 day cycle..he really didn't lose lots of weight (that wasn't his goal) but has definately added mass...I tried to do the warm-up DVD with him when I purchased it for him and barely made it through the warm-up before the real exercises start   :facepalm:
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2011, 09:27:40 AM »

In a heartbeat dear. ;)

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2011, 01:29:45 PM »
I'll break the Wii fit out in a moment and take my weight. Should we start it next week on a Monday? Mondays are always good days to start things. If we all post our start weights next Monday, then Metty can update the front post with everyone's starting weights and then percentage weight loss after the first Monday weigh in. So, am I right in thinking that the equation for percentage weight loss would be Last weeks weight divided by weight lost this week? I'm no mathematician.
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »
I'll break the Wii fit out in a moment and take my weight. Should we start it next week on a Monday? Mondays are always good days to start things. If we all post our start weights next Monday, then Metty can update the front post with everyone's starting weights and then percentage weight loss after the first Monday weigh in. So, am I right in thinking that the equation for percentage weight loss would be Last weeks weight divided by weight lost this week? I'm no mathematician.

How does the Wii weigh you? Does it make you stand on the Wiimote or something? As for the percentage thing, I think the most sensible thing would be to always make the percentages relate to the starting weight but I think you may have been indicating that any way and I just didn't clearly understand it the way you worded it.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »

Is the percentage thing mandatory? can we just compare by pounds? Otherwise I'm on board for everything else you mentioned.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2011, 12:35:48 AM »

In a heartbeat dear. ;)
:D :heart

So guys, I decided I was going to take a walk/run today to get myself started on getting back into some sort of exercise routine, and I fucked up my knee (again). Woooo!

I need to find some kind of exercise that doesn't involve being on my legs so I can keep drinking beer... and I currently do not have access to a pool :(

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 01:07:59 AM »
 Try to get addicted to another drink. A diet soda for example.
Starting tomorrow I'm not going anywhere near rice, bread or pasta. I think I can do it and people said it would make a huge difference.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2011, 01:09:36 AM »
Fuck that! Soda is way worse for you than beer. Beer is good for your bones, you know  :biggrin:

• DT.net Member
I know it's made of cartilage goddamn it!
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2011, 01:15:07 AM »
Fuck that! Soda is way worse for you than beer. Beer is good for your bones, you know  :biggrin:

Not always. Whiskey dick kills boners  :(

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2011, 01:27:27 AM »
I'm grateful I don't have that beer problem.. I'm gradually quitting cigarettes and it's going fine but my food appetite is on the rise because of it :/

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2011, 07:59:09 AM »

Is the percentage thing mandatory? can we just compare by pounds? Otherwise I'm on board for everything else you mentioned.

Measuring in lbs is not very fair. I weigh 130lbs and hope to lose 20lbs (16%). But for someone who weighs 210lbs to lose 16% has to lose 34lbs to compare.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2011, 08:06:38 AM »

In a heartbeat dear. ;)
:D :heart

Didn't say I was free, or even cheap, just said I would love too.  I'm sure we can work out some sort of "arrangement".

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2011, 08:19:06 AM »

Measuring in lbs is not very fair. I weigh 130lbs and hope to lose 20lbs (16%). But for someone who weighs 210lbs to lose 16% has to lose 34lbs to compare.

Either you're not very tall or very young. 130lbs is almost underweight for most.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2011, 08:21:53 AM »

Either you're not very tall or very young. 130lbs is almost underweight for most.

She's like 5' I think, maybe shorter, and in her twenties.  She's just short.

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2011, 08:29:42 AM »

She's like 5' I think, maybe shorter, and in her twenties.  She's just short.

Just making sure we weren't encourage anorexia.  :lol
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:47:34 AM by El JoNNo »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2011, 08:42:31 AM »
Try to get addicted to another drink. A diet soda for example.

Eh, going from regular soda to diet soda is like eating a small pizza every day instead of a large pizza.  Anyone serious about losing weight should cut soda out of their diet almost altogether.  The "almost" being that you can still have one when you have a cheat meal once or twice a week, which I always encourage, simply to keep your sanity.

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »

How does the Wii weigh you? Does it make you stand on the Wiimote or something? As for the percentage thing, I think the most sensible thing would be to always make the percentages relate to the starting weight but I think you may have been indicating that any way and I just didn't clearly understand it the way you worded it.

You stand on the wii fit, subtract approximately how much your clothes weigh and you get your height, weight, and Bmi done, and yes, the percentages should relate back to the starting weight :)

And yes, lets stick with the percentage weight loss, it's fairer for everyone :)