Author Topic: Where our fatties at?  (Read 10121 times)

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Re: Where our fatties at?
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2011, 08:06:19 PM »
I bought it a few days ago (finally). If you buy it on the kindle website on your iPad, it should only be like $3.99.

Also, something else I wanted to mention before I forget: if you get hungry and carb cravings come at you, eat more things with fat in them. Fat is your friend on this. People will think you're nuts for that, though. :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2011, 10:23:54 PM »
Everybody look the fuck out.

You know if this diet doesn't work I'll have to leave the forums to atone for these pics.
I tried to imitate jamesman pics but he looks exhausted and I look suspicious :lol :lol

So on a serious note I got the ground beef 96/4 (I just found out what these numbers mean today btw heh)
I got zucchini cause broccoli is kryptonite to me and I got spinach, both as presumably acceptable substitutes for broccoli.
I'll drink more water and I keep refilling my 1 ltr. plastic bottle. But I don't see me breaking up with the diet coke anytime soon.
It's a weird thing to see you guys discuss the milk ban as a fairly tough ban but I can't even remember the last time I drank milk cause I "wanted to" :lol
See we didn't have the childhood cereal tradition.
I love Chocolate but it's absence doesn't upset me.
I'm very optimistic right now :)
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2011, 11:45:37 PM »
I love your facial expressions!!

So I bought a scale tonight and it looks like I've lost about 10 lbs since the last time I was weighed... but that was a while ago, so I don't really know when I lost the weight :lol... I do know that today I had to make my belt one notch tighter than usual, though  :metal

I will probably weigh myself in the morning tomorrow (since we generally weigh more at night and I just wanted to test out the scale) and then not again for a week.

I have just been writing down everything I eat/drink and trying to pay more attention. I am definitely eating less sugar/junk but haven't really changed much else about my diet at this point... which is partially because I haven't gone food shopping in weeks and don't have much to work with :p

I also haven't been working out since I hurt my knee trying to run last week. I will soon start doing something else, though.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2011, 12:20:13 AM »
Sounds great, writing what you're eating and keeping weekly track of your weight are things I intend to be doing as well.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2011, 07:40:51 AM »
Yeah, I'm gonna post what I eat daily in here. Maybe take pics sometimes of what I eat.

Every Tuesday let's post pics? I'm not weighing myself either. Weight can be a good indication in a more extreme case of obesity, but it's easier to tell by looking at my pictures if I am losing weight and getting healthier. Like, in my pics, I am not tired, but it does look like it. That's because I am unhealthy.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2011, 07:57:12 AM »
I'd make it every other Tuesday, give it some chance to work.
I won't weigh myself until a month has passed from today. In my mind it seems like it would be of significance to see how much I can lose in a month.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2011, 07:58:57 AM »
Sounds good.

Good choice. I'm good with visible assessment, and for you more objective data in terms of numbers would be good.

How's your first day going?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2011, 08:06:45 AM »
I don't eat breakfast so nothing yet.
My wife suggested these as snacks (she does something called the south beach diet):

https://www.snack-girl.com/snack/cheese-sticks/

Basically it's a snack to have as an occasional alternative to the Greek yogurt. But it has 1.0 g carb and that's just the thing we're trying to completely avoid in the primal diet in the first place as I'm starting to gather.
I think I'll have my first Greek yogurt in a few :)

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2011, 08:15:05 AM »
I loooooooove cheese. But I like to get Cabot cheese. Extra sharp cheddar. I'll microwave a quarter of a bar cut up into small cubes and eat it slightly melted/gooey.

Bacon is also allowed in more copious amounts.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2011, 08:16:37 AM »
So you think this cheese idea is okay?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2011, 08:25:45 AM »
Yes! At least, for the time being. Cheese has a lot of fat (unless you get reduced fat--don't do it) like milk does, but none of the carbs. Especially as you hit carb flu, the fat will hold you over and maybe help you feel better or more satisfied until the flu passes. Cheese is readily available as well, so there really is little to no prep time.

Heck, I would eat cheese wrapped in bacon every morning and I would lose weight and feel great. It is weird to grasp that concept at first, though. :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2011, 08:39:43 AM »
What's bad about the reduced fat cheese?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2011, 08:43:30 AM »
Primal emphasizes higher fat consumption. Reduced fat means less fat means less good stuff.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2011, 12:38:01 PM »
Yeah, eww. I love cheese and would never stop eating the real stuff. You can always find less important stuff to cut out  :lol
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2011, 08:00:46 PM »
First day report!
The driving force of high motivation from yesterday kept me full all day heh
I didn't have breakfast or lunch and I was okay with it. I just had 2 cheese sticks; one at 9am and another at 4pm.
Drank a lot of water and diet soda.
Now for my dinner:

Zucchini with ground beef. The ground beef has been cooked with sliced onions and jalapenos.
I had two servings of this bad boy and I'm a happy camper.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2011, 10:36:16 PM »
11:30pm snack:

Some Greek yogurt and some majesty tea  :hat

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2011, 11:10:22 PM »
It's MajesTea noob!  :P
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2011, 11:41:25 PM »
 :rollin I'll use that from now on.
jamesman report!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2011, 04:47:25 AM »
Awesome job Metty! Dinner looks good!

Yesterday, ironically, I had milk with whey protein (I had some left over so I didn't want to waste it) for breakfast and some coleslaw for lunch (like 6 oz.). For dinner, I grilled about 12 oz. of ground beef as a hamburger and topped with some cheese and the fat that dripped out of the hamburger (I hate dry burgers). It was so good! I did try something new with the ground beef by premizing spices, salt, and Worcestershire sauce into it and making patties out of it.

However, little carbs made me wanna sleep so early last night, and I slept for about 10 hours. It's 6:45am as I type this and I am wide awake and feeling relaxed, though very hungry. I know the hunger will pass. Looking forward to my clothes feeling looser...always a good feeling.

In a week we have thanksgiving...gonna be a cheat day, sorry. Though I'm going to make Primal pumpkin pie that day so I am not as guilty on the sweets. I'll post some recipes I've been using.

And :lol at Majestea

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2011, 08:16:22 AM »
It's 6:45am as I type this and I am wide awake and feeling relaxed, though very hungry. I know the hunger will pass.

I haven't met "very hungry" yet and I don't imagine I will. I do the yogurt snack or the cheese stick if I absolutely have to eat between meals. Why don't you do that when you feel that hungry?
Also the ground beef meals leave me good and happy for at least 6 hours and I haven't gotten to the point where I start doing variations on it as I'm not bored yet. I got the frozen burgers to grill when I need to too so I guess that will be tomorrow's lunch and dinner.

In a week we have thanksgiving...gonna be a cheat day

It's gotta be! I know it's a big family tradition here so don't feel guilty about it  ;D

Don't forget to get pictures of your meals! Or at least dinner.

Anyone joining us? If you're too lazy to read about it we can tell you what to do here and we'll take it slow.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2011, 09:12:04 AM »
I have a bottomless pit of a stomach. I can eat and eat and eat, it's scary.

Next time I go to the store I'm gonna buy some blocks of cheese. Low on money so I need to be frugal.

AND! Pictures on preparing the ground beef:

Ground beef in my crock pot ceramic bowl (bowl is cracked so I only use it for mixing things in)

Oh, herro spices:

And MAH SAUCE:

THEY JUST HAD SEX (HEY) AND IT FELT SO GOOD

I had 3 bags like this. That little piece is for when I am cooking it and I am hungry, I can get that piece faster as it gets done way faster. This is over a pound of ground beef, should last at least a day and maybe 2 days (I only had one last night):

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2011, 09:13:43 AM »
By the way, the burgers with cheese and grease on top were fucking excellent. I put a lot of cheese on mine. I have broccoli in the freezer which I plan on nomming on at some point today or tomorrow to get my veggies in. I'll take pics of the process of cooking the burgers (which you should know how, but hey, why not?)

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2011, 09:15:54 AM »
Oh, and chocolate...I dunno how you feel about dark chocolate, but upward from I think 70% is good in decent amounts. Especially in the beginning if/as carb flu hits you.

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2011, 02:28:33 PM »
Sorry I haven't checked in much this week, school work, it's been getting me down man!

So, I've been having my five a day and my two litres of water, I start off with green tea in the morning instead of coffee for those damn fine anti-oxidants. I've been eating Lunch as well, which is weird for me bearing in mind that I've been going without for upwards of three years now, so I'm not pigging out on things I can buy from the garage either.

The only thing is, I think something is speeding up my metabolism. I'll eat dinner and I'm hungry. Constantly. This never happened before.

Also, my sister's giving me her Zumba thing next week, this should be fun ^^
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2011, 07:07:55 PM »
I'll take pics of the process of cooking the burgers (which you should know how, but hey, why not?)

Yes!! Do that and as I get better at the cooking thing I'll do the same and maybe videos too just for fun. But for now I'll stick to pics of the final products since I'm still  a microwave-limited man.

Oh, and chocolate...I dunno how you feel about dark chocolate, but upward from I think 70% is good in decent amounts. Especially in the beginning if/as carb flu hits you.

I love dark chocolate. I'll get some and have like a couple squares a night.
I'm really craving chocolate milk but it's not painful or anything hehe
What's the situation on chips? I was just checking them at the super market and these healthy cattle cooked chips are 18g carbs so that's too much to work with our diet I guess.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2011, 10:17:21 AM »
Chips: Make it very rare. They have to be potato. Potatoes can be allowed, but the chips are usually made with not so good oils. But you know, if you really just need a little splurge, grab a bag and have away. It's better to indulge sensibly once in a while then be stuck eating shit 24/7.

I made chicken wings for breakfast. Marinated in white vinegar and some salt (aka Salt and Vinegar):

I can explain how to make these as well. It's so easy. That's usually my goal...to make good tasting food that is very fucking easy to make.

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2011, 10:33:05 AM »
Please do!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2011, 11:10:14 AM »
OMG, they were so good. I think I have my method perfected now.

Jamesman's Chicken Wings (v. salt and vinegar)

HARDWARE

1. Oven that can broil
2. Flat pan
3. Big ziploc bag

SOFTWARE

1. Chicken wings or thighs
2. Salt (I use Sea Salt, it tastes better imho)
3. Distilled White Vinegar

STEPS

1. Put chicken into bag (however many you want)
2. Pour over some vinegar. I just eyeball it. You don't want a tiny amount, just enough that the wings/thighs can be touching some vinegar. Don't fill the whole bag with vinegar either...that would be a waste.
3. Let sit for at least 15 minutes to over night. Either way you'll get good results, but I find that overnight marinating tastes better and stronger.
------
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees (not broiling).
5. Line flat pan with foil and spray or use butter on the foil. This helps prevent the skin from sticking.
6. Lay your chicken pieces so they're not touching.
7. Put into oven for 10-15 minutes, moving around some as to avoid skin sticking, though at this point it shouldn't be a problem.
8. Turn the oven to broiling (broiling uses the heating element on the ceiling of the oven space so it heats food from above, FYI).
9. Broil until the exposed sides are not white. I usually do it until they are fairly darker but not black or totally dark. A nice darkish yellow means it is time for the next step.
10. Leaving the broiler on, take out quickly and carefully. Flip all pieces over so that the parts that were touching the foil are now facing up. Again, no pieces should be touching.
11. Put back in and broil until the newly exposed sides are also dark yellow.
12. Done. Make sure to turn your oven off. :biggrin:

I did all that and got that picture I just posted. Can easily be applied to however many wings you can fit onto a pan so that the pieces are not touching. Toward the end, the chicken may be a bit harder to detach from the foil, but I've never had any real issues with foil being stuck on the chicken.

The skin has good flavor and is not bitter. The salt is a must, imho. This method has given me the juiciest chicken yet. I hate dry chicken. The insides are always well-cooked, never had any questionably under-cooked chicken.

Enjoy!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2011, 02:02:13 PM »
Mmm that looks so nice man, thanks for posting the pics & the instructions. I'm a chicken greats only guy so I'll get adventures and apply these steps to breasts.

Last night's dinner:

I put that cheese there on the beef and microwaved them and it tasted like awesome chili fries without the fries, enjoyed it a lot but now everybody is the house secretly thinks my diet is a joke, I saw it in their eyes though didn't say anything :lol
The extra water there was me forgetting to dump all the water I boiled the zucchini in. I know it doesn't look pretty on the plate.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:27:41 AM by metty »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2011, 10:55:28 PM »
I'm very tired and hungry.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2011, 02:19:18 AM »
Metty, I ever tell you how awesome your new sig is?  :hefdaddy
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2011, 03:20:28 AM »
Oh tell me you're a fan BF! I need one here. I voted for them in your extravaganza poll :lol
They have a thread here but I've been the only posting in it for a while so I stopped cause it looked like no one wants to discuss Rammstien. I've been roaming the internets trying to find a good discussion forum for them since then but nothing decent so far.

Dinner was tuna with cheese, the idea seemed good and it looks good on the plate but it's not as satisfactory as a meal as beef unfortunately.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:08:20 AM by metty »

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2011, 07:30:23 AM »
I thought I posted in here yesterday.

Anyway, I made this last night and started having some today...Primal Pumpkin Pie:

Realllllly good especially if you are missing some dessertness and especially with Thanksgiving coming up. I made this this weekend to see if it was worth making for TG. I think it is. My roommate tried it and said it was a bit dry and not as sweet as he would like. I think it tastes really good, though. It is sort of like a pumpkin pie meets a cheesecake, though it leans heavily in the pumpkin pie corner.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2011, 11:57:06 AM »
Oh tell me you're a fan BF! I need one here. I voted for them in your extravaganza poll :lol

I'd be lying if I said I knew much more than Du Hast but I dig that enough to give Sehnsucht a shot. Would that be a good starting point? Also thanks for voting :metal

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
Metty: I love me some Rammstein. At least like 10 songs. Sonne might be my favorite.