Author Topic: Where our fatties at?  (Read 10117 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Where our fatties at?
« on: November 04, 2011, 04:50:35 PM »
See I've recently completed my transformation into a Brachiosaurus so I wanna go back to human form!
I remember a couple years ago you guys had a thread based on a tv show about people competing to lose weight,  any chance we might do that again now?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: Where our fatties at?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 05:15:10 PM »
I just decided I'm going to be Freddie Mercury next Halloween so I'm in.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 05:18:52 PM »
If I became a Brachiosaurus, I'd never want to be human again. Those things ruled. :metal
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 05:54:11 PM »
I just decided I'm going to be Freddie Mercury next Halloween so I'm in.

Do you know who arranged this last time? I have no idea how to work this so I can't be the "admin" or whatever.
I know Chino was involved..
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 05:56:52 PM »
No idea; I was not involved :(

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 07:27:10 PM »
I'd like to drop 25-30 lbs. I'm 5'10-11" (depending on whom you ask  :-\ ) and being 190 lbs. doesn't appeal to me.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 07:31:14 PM »
I actually could stand to gain a few pounds.  I am 5'7" and weigh about 125-130.  And I have high blood pressure.  It is very strange.  I do need to eat more healthily to help bring that down (low sodium, low caffeine, etc).
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 07:46:17 PM »
Am about 5'7'' to 5'8'', and generally weigh 130-133, but have an unhealthy diet.  My blood pressure and heart rate are fine, but I bet I'll be needing to make improvements within the next 6 years as my metabolism goes down. 

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 08:13:01 PM »
Get out of the thread skinny people. Most of you weigh less than my IQ.

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 08:22:28 PM »
5'9"-5'10" and about 203 pounds so yeah I could really lose some weight

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 08:27:33 PM »
5'9" 230lbs.. i coukld stand to lose more ... too bad this isnt going on back when i was 280lbs
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 09:13:51 PM »
I eat tons and tons, but wanna get out of the habit. I'm 6'5, 160 pounds, but once my metabolism starts going away that'll change.

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 11:10:13 PM »
So WTF boyz n' girlz, we doin' dis shit or wot?!? I weigh 233 and would love to drop weight. Some friendly encouraging competition might be just what I need!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 11:27:32 PM »
I eat tons and tons, but wanna get out of the habit. I'm 6'5, 160 pounds, but once my metabolism starts going away that'll change.

6'5, 160??  Do you have to run around the fucking shower to get wet?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 01:41:51 AM »
If he wants to get wet all he needs to do is picture you wearing only a chef's hat and a grin.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 01:46:22 AM »
6 foot 3 and 270 pounds, Any skinny people can here can take some of my weight. Even though apparently I do look intimidating to some people.. Which I don't understand...
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 01:51:05 AM »
My weight has been yoyoing in the last few years. I got up to around 80kg last December, then went down to around 62kg by May this year, and am probably somewhere in the middle of those two by now.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 02:12:15 AM »
If he wants to get wet all he needs to do is picture you wearing only a chef's hat and a grin.

Trust me, not a pretty sight.  It's one only a mother could lov.....wait, wat?

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 11:21:01 AM »
 :rollin :rollin

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 03:54:39 PM »
Get out of the thread skinny people. Most of you weigh less than my IQ.

They are skinny mofos..
I'm 290lb but I'm 6'4 so that helps a bit right now but it can deteriorate into forklift measures in a few years. How much are you?
It's weird I still can't stop making fat jokes even after I myself became fat :lol
I fuckin hate the nature valley candy thing that's supposed to make me feel full. It makes me feel angry heh
Cheese sticks as snacks and only salads for everything else ---- who are you talking to? where is the human version?
The idea that I think would surely be successful is a lock down. A prison like state where I can't get to the bad foods. Will power is sucking rhino horn. But I can't see a scenario where that would work in normal life.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 04:45:37 PM »

6'5, 160??  Do you have to run around the fucking shower to get wet?
:lol

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 04:49:53 PM »
As a former whale, I lost 80 lbs the old fashioned way: diet and exercise. Nothing more, nothing less. If I can do it, anyone can.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »

What does that mean exactly? change how?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »

Once my metabolism starts going away the fact I'm always eating will finally start to affect me. :P

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 05:20:08 PM »
I see. I never really looked into the whole metabolism mojo. I dunno when I lost mine but I hope it was classy heh

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 02:41:02 PM »
I'm in.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 03:49:03 PM »
I'm up for it if I can find out how much I weigh! I just want to lose the puppy fat but it isn't fucking moving!
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »
As a former whale, I lost 80 lbs the old fashioned way: diet and exercise. Nothing more, nothing less. If I can do it, anyone can.

That's awesome bud!  You look in really good shape in your pics, well done man.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 10:46:34 PM »

Thank you! It was extremely hard work, and I actually had a few moments where I'd go up and down with 10 or 15 lbs, but it was all worth it in the end. I'm in the best shape of my life.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 06:41:05 AM »
Good to hear Raven, how long did it take you?

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 07:06:13 AM »

Once my metabolism starts going away the fact I'm always eating will finally start to affect me. :P

The whole metabolism thing is a bit of a myth IMHO. Sure, it *does* slow down, but what really makes the difference is the change in lifestyle. From running around all day long with irregular meals, one switches to sitting in an office all day with three regular meals.

I was actually surprised that my weight hasn't changed much on my world trip. I sorta assumed I would lose weight due to all the activity, but I've stayed the same essentially.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 07:44:21 AM »

The whole metabolism thing is a bit of a myth IMHO. Sure, it *does* slow down, but what really makes the difference is the change in lifestyle. From running around all day long with irregular meals, one switches to sitting in an office all day with three regular meals.

I was actually surprised that my weight hasn't changed much on my world trip. I sorta assumed I would lose weight due to all the activity, but I've stayed the same essentially.

rumborak

It's very rare when I disagree with you Rumborak, it's not a myth at all. When I was in college I lost about 60lbs, I did this by salad and exercise. My goal would be to only consume 10 grams of fat a day. Now of course as time went on my workouts became more and more intense I will not deny that but it got to the point where I should not have been losing weight any more. The whole 10 grams of fat thing went out the window, I began eating everything in sight.

One time I went to a restaurant with a friend and his girlfriend. I ate my food, and half of each of their's, then stop at McDonald's afterward. A few hours after that I hit the gym. My metabolism got so fast I was hungry all the time. Then again I was at the gym 4 time a week and at the Dojo twice a week.

Seeing the scale now just aggravates to no end. 

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2011, 07:44:33 AM »
I topped out at 360 lbs (i'm 6'4) about 2 1/2 years ago..I'm currently towing the 300lb line for the better part of the last year and a half. I still need to lose alot more ,but would be content being 230-240 lbs whereas most BMI indexes and height to weight indexes would still consider myself obese or overweight at those weights. I would be down to try an on-line type thing here ,  support is a big factor in dieting for myself
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2011, 07:47:18 AM »
I topped out at 360 lbs (i'm 6'4) about 2 1/2 years ago..I'm currently towing the 300lb line for the better part of the last year and a half. I still need to lose alot more ,but would be content being 230-240 lbs whereas most BMI indexes and height to weight indexes would still consider myself obese or overweight at those weights. I would be down to try an on-line type thing here ,  support is a big factor in dieting for myself

Thank you! It was extremely hard work, and I actually had a few moments where I'd go up and down with 10 or 15 lbs, but it was all worth it in the end. I'm in the best shape of my life.

I want to give you both the hand clap emote but I don't know what the command is. good job guys!

edit: Found it!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 08:16:41 AM »
It's very rare when I disagree with you Rumborak, it's not a myth at all. When I was in college I lost about 60lbs, I did this by salad and exercise. My goal would be to only consume 10 grams of fat a day. Now of course as time went on my workouts became more and more intense I will not deny that but it got to the point where I should not have been losing weight any more. The whole 10 grams of fat thing went out the window, I began eating everything in sight.

One time I went to a restaurant with a friend and his girlfriend. I ate my food, and half of each of their's, then stop at McDonald's afterward. A few hours after that I hit the gym. My metabolism got so fast I was hungry all the time. Then again I was at the gym 4 time a week and at the Dojo twice a week.

Seeing the scale now just aggravates to no end.

Maybe I'm misreading your post here, but aren't you proving my exact point? You're in college and because of activity, your metabolism is through the roof. And these days you don't, so you're gaining weight.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."