Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 94882 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: GTA V
« Reply #945 on: March 25, 2016, 08:05:42 AM »
I don't think we'll ever see a GTA outside of the US. There are no other countries that can provide the amount of satire material that ours does.

I'd like to see an even bigger map than the one we got in GTA-V. I think the next gen graphics were fine, and I'd be perfectly content if they left them the same in order to give us more of an environment.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #946 on: March 25, 2016, 08:07:55 AM »
I don't think we'll ever see a GTA outside of the US. There are no other countries that can provide the amount of satire material that ours does.

I'd like to see an even bigger map than the one we got in GTA-V. I think the next gen graphics were fine, and I'd be perfectly content if they left them the same in order to give us more of an environment.

Agreed, I would think 6 could come out quicker than 5 did after 4 because they can keep the same engine and just expand based solely on next gen.  A new bigger city, new single player, and then focus on making more heists for online and I am sold (granted, just saying GTA6 and I am sold).

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #947 on: March 25, 2016, 08:26:54 AM »

Agreed, I would think 6 could come out quicker than 5 did after 4 because they can keep the same engine and just expand based solely on next gen.  A new bigger city, new single player, and then focus on making more heists for online and I am sold (granted, just saying GTA6 and I am sold).

I'd also like to see the return of some interiors as well. We haven't been able to walk into a mall with a flame thrower since Vice City! I hope Rockstar irons out the first person controls. I htought they were awful in the re release. It looked gorgeous, but it played like shit (at least on PS4). If they could somehow take the control schemes from Far Cry 4 and get them into the GTA environment (throw VR support in there too), it'd be one of the best first person games ever.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #948 on: March 25, 2016, 08:34:45 AM »
Never liked the FP view in GTA5.  Hurts your view of what's around you compared to 3rd person.  It was a cool idea, but I just didn't see a real use to it other than playing death matches and having it feel like a poor FPS game.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #949 on: March 25, 2016, 08:46:50 AM »
Never liked the FP view in GTA5.  Hurts your view of what's around you compared to 3rd person.  It was a cool idea, but I just didn't see a real use to it other than playing death matches and having it feel like a poor FPS game.

I feel that way to a degree at times. Have you ever played a recent Far Cry title though? 3 and 4 were absolutely perfect from a FPV perspective. They looked great and played extremely well. You have no other option than to play with that view, but the controls and camera work are so well done, I don't even end up caring. I think I would still prefer the third person view for driving though.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #950 on: March 25, 2016, 08:58:21 AM »

I feel that way to a degree at times. Have you ever played a recent Far Cry title though? 3 and 4 were absolutely perfect from a FPV perspective. They looked great and played extremely well. You have no other option than to play with that view, but the controls and camera work are so well done, I don't even end up caring. I think I would still prefer the third person view for driving though.

I have not, but I play enough FPS games to know that GTA5 could have been better, but I also wouldn't use it to drive and even if the FPV was better, I still wouldn't use it except maybe if there was a huge gun battle because the best advantage is for shooting in that view.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #951 on: April 14, 2016, 03:03:13 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/04/14/gta-onlines-500m-in-microtransactions-could-mean-a-very-different-gta-6/#7ac3de325065

Wow Rockstar made a lot of money on microtransactions in gta.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would spend real money for GTA money, but to each their own.  Regardless, it seems to be a cash cow and as the article thinks, it'll probably have a bigger impact on future GTAs.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #952 on: April 14, 2016, 07:50:57 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/04/14/gta-onlines-500m-in-microtransactions-could-mean-a-very-different-gta-6/#7ac3de325065

I honestly don't understand why anyone would spend real money for GTA money, but to each their own.  Regardless, it seems to be a cash cow and as the article thinks, it'll probably have a bigger impact on future GTAs.

I bought a $20 shark card to buy the monster truck. I really wanted it and didn't feel like grinding and having to wait. It was supposed to be availanle for a limited time, so I said what the hell. In all honesty, GTA Online is one of the greatest gaming accomplishments ever, for free no less. I've been playing for a solid two years and don't mind supporting the developers. Only game I've had a microtransaction in.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #953 on: April 15, 2016, 05:41:38 AM »

I bought a $20 shark card to buy the monster truck. I really wanted it and didn't feel like grinding and having to wait. It was supposed to be availanle for a limited time, so I said what the hell. In all honesty, GTA Online is one of the greatest gaming accomplishments ever, for free no less. I've been playing for a solid two years and don't mind supporting the developers. Only game I've had a microtransaction in.

Since you've been playing so long, do you think you would have rather not spent that 20?  I didn't get big into the online until the PC version was released with heists and that's a big way to make money so I never really had a cash problem in the game which is why I said paying real money seemed like a waste.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #954 on: April 15, 2016, 06:28:20 AM »

Since you've been playing so long, do you think you would have rather not spent that 20?  I didn't get big into the online until the PC version was released with heists and that's a big way to make money so I never really had a cash problem in the game which is why I said paying real money seemed like a waste.

Doesn't bother me that I spent it at all. If voluntary, massive financial support helps Rockstar keeps modders at may, I'm kind of happy to do it. You brought up a good point though. I purchased long before heists, much earlier in GTA Online's lifie. Back then, the biggest pay out you could get was $18k for one particular mission, but most ranged in the $9k-$13K range. After having to pay to resupply ammo, saving up $750 K for a monster truck could take a while. And like I said, it was only available for a limited time, I really wanted it, and I was afraid I wouldn't have been able to earn all the money before then. $20 is nothing for something that gave me 2+ years worth of entertainment and otherwise free support and DLC on a very regular basis.

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #955 on: September 10, 2016, 06:43:37 AM »
San Andreas MAP in GTA V

Perfect song, so much nostalgia!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #956 on: November 17, 2022, 01:09:20 PM »
I find it rather amazing that it's been 11 years since the trailer for GTA-V dropped and we still haven't seen a trailer for GTA-VI. I'm getting impatient!

I've been playing a lot of GTA-Online recently and it's sucked me right back in.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #957 on: November 17, 2022, 01:27:55 PM »
I refuse to get back into GTAV because it'll just give the devs more reason to support it rather than focus more on 6.  I know it's not entirely that related, but you can't argue the success of GTA V online is a huge reason why Rockstar hasn't exactly done much with anything thing else.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #958 on: November 17, 2022, 01:31:52 PM »
I refuse to get back into GTAV because it'll just give the devs more reason to support it rather than focus more on 6.  I know it's not entirely that related, but you can't argue the success of GTA V online is a huge reason why Rockstar hasn't exactly done much with anything thing else.

I'm wondering if Rockstar said something like "There's still plenty of money to be made with V, let's just release 6 later", or "GTA-V exceeded all of our expectations. We need to rethink our approach to VI. Start from scratch".   

I'm thinking it was a combination of the two. I doubt that when Rockstar was planning GTA-V's online functionality they were thinking they'd have to support it (because of unexpected demand) for nearly a decade. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to the drawing board with VI with that in mind.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #959 on: November 17, 2022, 01:41:34 PM »

I'm wondering if Rockstar said something like "There's still plenty of money to be made with V, let's just release 6 later", or "GTA-V exceeded all of our expectations. We need to rethink our approach to VI. Start from scratch".   

I'm thinking it was a combination of the two. I doubt that when Rockstar was planning GTA-V's online functionality they were thinking they'd have to support it (because of unexpected demand) for nearly a decade. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to the drawing board with VI with that in mind.

Yeah I have no idea what their internal discussions would look like, but you know just how much it sucked that Rockstar hardly supported RDR2 online and that still bothers me and makes me not want to give them my money or time until they make the next game. Having said that, I do not have issues waiting for them to release a finished functioning product which I'm sure is more likely the case these days than say 3 years ago.