Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 94813 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: GTA V
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2011, 10:22:22 AM »
The trailer is up.

edit: It's set in San Andreas. (Or just Los Santos..?)

Outstanding!  I hope it's as big as the last one.  Unlike Chino,  I loved the enormity of it.  Also,  I'd be perfectly happy with the same engine.  The physics of IV were amazing,  and as we saw with the DLC,  they can make it look completely different.  Compare the bleariness of IV with the grittiness of the biker one and the glitz of Gay Tony.  They could make V very California-like.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
That was a very cool trailer. Color me interested.

Kosmo

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2011, 10:29:34 AM »
''I thought I'd be a dad, like all the other dads.''

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2011, 11:20:42 AM »
That was a very cool trailer. Color me interested.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
Just saw the trailer. Looks cool of course, but I was hoping for a return to Vice City.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »
I love Vice City.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2011, 12:24:37 PM »
Trailer made me even more excited.  :)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2011, 01:14:13 PM »
I hadn't considered it before,  but I suppose a modern Vice City with the new engine would be pretty cool.  This time they could incorporate keys and maybe a Cuba type local to better involve the drug trade.  I could see side missions that involve popping down to the Caribbean to pick up boat/plan loads of cola. 

Still,  since SA was the best of all the predecessors,  I'm thrilled for a return.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2011, 01:54:59 PM »
I'd love to see one set in 60s London or Manchester/Liverpool, or a fictional version of it.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2011, 02:00:32 PM »
After seeing the trailer, I'm loving the character and styling they gave the city.  This is going to be one hell of a game.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
Whoa. Scenery.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2011, 03:33:45 PM »
I guess there was dialog.  Don't have sound up here so only saw the scenery. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »
I was hoping for a Vice City setting, but GTA 5 does look pretty cool though.

Kosmo

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »
I got sort of a Vercetti vibe from that guy.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2011, 03:57:35 PM »
I got sort of a Vercetti vibe from that guy.

A few people are saying it's Ray Liotta's voice. I personally couldn't say if it is or isn't but I'm hoping it is.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2011, 05:44:56 PM »
It's not.
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2011, 11:44:22 PM »
From what it showed, it looks great, although it's hard to tell much from that. I loved GTA IV, so as long as they haven't done anything ridiculous, chances are I'll want to play this.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2011, 11:48:35 PM »
SAN. ANDREAS. BOOM. I'm super excited for this now.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Riceball

• It's the economy, stupid.
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2011, 01:17:08 AM »
Do you think.

That.

Deliberately putting a plane at the end of the trailer is a hint at something returning?

Such as.

Planes?
I punch those numbers into my calculator and they make a happy face.

A $500 Musical Odyssey: Now accepting nominations

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2011, 02:46:07 AM »
I wonder if the black guy in the wife-beater was a reference to CJ. Or maybe it was CJ.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Kosmo

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2011, 07:28:58 AM »
I sort of hope that CJ is in the game and that you have to do missions for him.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »
While the trailer looks cool, it also kind of seems like the same old San Andreas, but upgraded graphics.  I hope they throw some new wrinkles in the game, but Ill buy this game right away.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2011, 09:18:34 AM »
Doesn't look like CJ.  Actually,  looks more like Caesar to me.

All three planes you see in the trailer were planes that were available in the original.  Doesn't necessarily mean anything,  but is noticeable. 

While they didn't show anything specifically outside of Los Santo,  the mountain range certainly looks more like Mt. Chiliad than the Hollywood Hills. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2011, 12:13:40 PM »
Seeing the trailer more and more, makes me more and more excited.
Seen it about 10 times now, really excited.

As for San Fierro and Las Venturas, I might be completely off here, but:

0.20 - Mount Chiliad (San Fierro), at least how it looks.
0.28 - Might be Los Santos, but feels very Las Venturas to me, I don't know.
0.45 - It's hard to say overall, but for those who played through San Andreas, there are a few missions in San Fierro (on the first half) where there are bushes like that in the forest, up in some hills. I can't say for sure that it's San Fierro though, but maybe.

Anyhow, REALLY EXCITED about this game!

Analysis of the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7oXcFVz2YE
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 12:26:44 PM by Zantera »

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2011, 07:26:32 AM »
Okay, so on a forum, I found a post from a dude claiming to have seen about 30 minutes of gameplay, working for a playstation magazine or whatever.
This post has some REALLY juicy stuff in it, and seeing as it might be BS or regarded as huge spoilers, I will post this in a very small font.
I don't expect anyone to believe all of it, but I do think it's very interesting, and hopefully a lot of it will be true.
I suggest copy + paste into Notepad or something. :)
So yeah, be fairly open minded for this, as I mentioned it might not be 100% correct or anything like that, but take it for what it is, and hopefully you'll find it interesting as well.

Hi all, I am new to this forum and what I am writing here is not to spam/troll, etc. I work for a Playstation magazine in the UK ( I will not be disclosing any further details....) and a select few of our team have seen via video links with Rockstar in Scotland 30 minutes of in-game footage. I have not, personally, been privy to this unfortunately but I will relay to you what I have heard so far and I promise you that none of this is BS but that is down to the lot of you fans to judge. Ok, here goes:

1: The game world is absolutely massive and will push both xbox and PS3 to the very limit in terms of what it has accomplished. Yes, the main city is simply Los Santos however is it AT LEAST 4 times bigger than Liberty City in GTA 4 and that is just Los Santos. The surrounding country side, beaches, etc are massive. For instance, we saw the main character ( an African/American, early 30's) travel by car from the center of Los Santos into the wildnerness and it took over 15 minutes. The views were incredible from farmhouses with cattle, huge wind farms, an oil refinery which appeared to be living and breathing with nearly 100 NPCs working on machinery, operating vehicles, lifting and loaded, etc, unlike the gas works in GTA 4 which seemed to only house a few NPC at a time. The forests are more beautiful than those in RDR and featured people camping, young NPC drinking and dancing around campfires, people riding dirt bikes and jumping over logs, streams, etc. The water effects, forna, plants, trees all looked beautiful.

2: The shooting mechanics have been greatly improved with animations for diving, climbing, rolling and crawling all added for better realism. The re-loading animations for new ammo also look cooler, less static.

3: There is much more climbable elements in the world such as ladders, overhand climbing, etc.

4: There are animals in the game from dogs to cattle but at this time it is not confirmed if you will be able to harm the animals. Rockstar were able to get away with it in RDR as it was a true depiction of the world in which the game was set. Allowing dogs/cattle to die in a game sent in current times may cause headaches with PETA. Its unclear if Rockstar were joking here.

5: There are planes to pilot and they can be crashed into buildings if you choose to do so....

6: Rockstar have included many, many more interior locations such as a shopping mall, college campus, police station, a huge hospital and there is also a vast underground sewer network which one mission later in the game involves a jet ski chase that culminates in a Fugitive-esque waterfall jump ( there are nods to the ridiculous but awesome Ballad Of Gay Tony missions)

7: The city is full of NPCs jogging, weight-lifting, hitting on women, being chased on foot by cops, shopping, washing cars, fixing fences, moving home, filling up their cars, etc.

REAL JUICY INFO:

1: Cars can be upgraded/repaired and it has been considered to have a car have fuel forcing the player to fill her up.

2: The dating aspect of the game is gone. You still have a cell-phone but only people you will meet in the game will call you to ask you to do a mission or to ask you to do something else before the mission.

3: Weapons include the usual arsenal you'd aspect but the flamethrowers, remote mines, laxer trip mines and claymores are included. It is possible now to pick up random objects in a street/buidling to use as a weapon. There is also a museam where it is possible to steal old age swords, axes, etc.

4: it is possible to rupture a fuel line and if you shot at the trail of gasoline it will lead straight back to the car blowing it up.

5: mini games such as bowling, darts, etc have all gone. You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triatholons, water races, cannoing, ab-saling, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.

6: Character customisation is back but only in terms of clothing, body weight, etc. The player you start off which, much like CJ, can't be altered by race, age, height, etc.

7: Rockstar said burglary missions may return but only as part of missions and not on neigbourhood houses.

8: No children NPC at all. Ever.

9: There is now an ability to grab people and use as sheilds or in "hostage" situations.

10: The cops are much, much, much more realistic. If you kill somebody when you know there are no cops around you will not run the risk of a one star as often as you would in GTA4. The cops will use smoke and tear gas, dogs, riot gear and rams to knock down the doors of buildings you are hiding in.

11: You can enter some buildings and lock doors, push objects in the way to barricade.

12: You become better at things as the game progresses. If you only ride motorbikes then you will increase your skills, same as individual weapons.

13: Certain weapons can be customisable and some even home-made.

14: One mission involves breaking out a very familiar GTA icon from a previous game...

15: Torrential rain fall and sunshine and even tremors will appear in the game.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2011, 08:41:53 AM »
Trailer was awesome.

*snip*

If these things are true :omg:

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2011, 09:05:21 AM »
I used to love GTA games but out of all the sandbox games these days, GTA probably interests me the least :-\

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2011, 10:32:25 AM »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2011, 11:04:45 PM »
I used to love GTA games but out of all the sandbox games these days, GTA probably interests me the least :-\

Not a flame, but curious, which games interest you more? I love sandbox games and recently played through Just Cause 2 which I found to be great.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2011, 01:37:22 AM »

Not a flame, but curious, which games interest you more? I love sandbox games and recently played through Just Cause 2 which I found to be great.

I'm not speaking for AcidRainLTE, but I know a lot of people are into the Saint's Row games now, since they offer the absurd over the top shit the earlier GTA games had
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2011, 01:41:10 AM »
If it's built by the same crew who made Red Dead Redemption then it will the best GTA yet.
Last GTA I played was Vice City, I tried the ones that came after that but I really disliked the main characters so I never felt in the mood to continue.
In Vice City the main character was voiced by Ray Liotta and that had an appeal for me.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2011, 05:41:36 AM »
If it's built by the same crew who made Red Dead Redemption then it will the best GTA yet.
Last GTA I played was Vice City, I tried the ones that came after that but I really disliked the main characters so I never felt in the mood to continue.
In Vice City the main character was voiced by Ray Liotta and that had an appeal for me.

I neve really cared who the main character were... I guess you could say I didn't care about the story either. GTA3 was the only GTA I ever finished. Usually I play just enough of the campaign so that all of the map gets unlocked. At that point I just put in every cheat possible and cause mayhem for hours on end.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2011, 08:28:40 AM »
While I'm largely indifferent to the overall story,  the main character is important to me.  Mostly because the tone of the entire game is linked to him.  I didn't care for Nicko and I thought the atmosphere of IV's Liberty City was dreary and depressing.  I was alright with Johnny Klebitz, and the grittiness of LC in that one was much more appealing.  I like Luis, and TBoGT had the best atmosphere of all of them.

As for the rest of the franchise,  I liked all of the main characters. San Andreas in particular had great characters all the way around.  CJ was perfectly likable (though his brother was a huge pain in the ass).  One he got off of Grove St.,  all of the new secondary companions were a hoot.  It also had the best gad guys of the franchise.  SA had Samuel Jackson and Chris Penn.  IV had some unnamed Rooskie.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2011, 03:38:55 PM »
As much as I love the GTA series, I always found it hard to care about the main stories. The cut scenes for each mission are usually very boring and I just lose interest. TBOGT was great though because the scenes were just so ridiculous, also it was shorter so easier to follow. Watching the scenes for like 90 missions is just too much for me.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »
They're a lot easier to deal with back when they incorporated some comedy.  Part of the appeal of TBoGT was that there was a lot of humor to their situation.  Hadn't really thought about it, but tons of funny stuff happened to CJ (The Truth and that federal agent come to mind).  Don't think Nicko ever laughed once in IV.
E.F. Benson