Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 94852 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: GTA V
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2013, 01:56:39 PM »
I too did not have any driving issues, although in switching from GTA4 back to Vice City the turning is hilariously overcompensating.
This, and I believe they changed the controls up. It was a much better control set, but if you were used ti SA or the previous games, then you had a tendency to mix things up.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2013, 06:00:37 AM »
I took a sick day yesterday and decided to download Vice City via PSN. I played for a solid ten hours, maybe more. That game is so much funnier than I remember it! Some of the radio shows had me cracking up. There was one with lessons on how to speak redneck in multiple languages. It went something like "Listen to this sample lesson in Spanish; el bonita hermana.. girlfriend "  :rollin :rollin :rollin. I can't help but wish they remade Vice City instead of Sand Andreas. Everything about it is pure excellence. I was reading that some songs had to be removed from the soundtrack due to new licensing issues.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2013, 08:12:54 AM »
Radio Espantoso had some of the funniest bits, to me, in Vice City.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2013, 08:53:15 AM »
I always enjoyed VCPR

"When I heard my son use words like rad and cool and stick it, I beat him to within an inch of his life and he will never say that again."

I downloaded 3, VC, and SA and have been enjoying them all. They definitely run a lot smoother than they did on the PS2, and look a bit better to me.

God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2013, 09:30:33 AM »
Gordon Moorehead Rides Again was one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • ţađ besta sem guđ hefur skapađ er nýr dagur
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
I always found Fernando from Emotion 89.3 the funniest.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2013, 12:15:25 PM »
Vice City had the best radio stations.

Offline Snow_Dog

• Wave after wave
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2013, 12:36:12 PM »
All V-Rock, all the time.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2013, 01:59:49 PM »
Vice City had the best radio stations.

Seriously. Esperanto was the shit.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2013, 08:08:54 AM »
New GTA 5 screens:

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2013, 08:17:05 AM »
Looks great, but eye-candy isn't what I'm interested in.
E.F. Benson

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2013, 08:42:16 AM »
Guaranteed not to look that good on my computer anyway.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2013, 02:19:24 AM »
In late 2012, Rockstar said that "refining open-world multiplayer into something really special" had been a huge focus in the development of GTA V.

I don't know how many that played mp free mode in GTA4 but i thought that was really fun with friends!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2013, 10:24:43 AM »
In late 2012, Rockstar said that "refining open-world multiplayer into something really special" had been a huge focus in the development of GTA V.

I don't know how many that played mp free mode in GTA4 but i thought that was really fun with friends!
It was alright. Good for goofing off, but none of the actual games were all that interesting to me.

I always though they should have had a zombie version of multiplayer. Turn all of the civvies into zombies, a la Dawn of the Dead. Open up some of the interior locations and stash re-spawning supplies in a few locations. That way different groups of online factions could vie for the limited caches.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2013, 11:06:50 AM »
I know it's probably a long shot, but I'd love to have a first person camera option. If you could take the eyes of Far Cry 3 and put them in a GTA game, it would take it to a whole new level.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2013, 11:25:25 AM »
I know it's probably a long shot, but I'd love to have a first person camera option. If you could take the eyes of Far Cry 3 and put them in a GTA game, it would take it to a whole new level.
If I remember correctly, there was a mod for GTA IV that let you go first person.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2013, 11:28:18 AM »
If I remember correctly, there was a mod for GTA IV that let you go first person.

There was. But it was homemade, kinda buggy, and not available on PS3.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2013, 05:36:52 AM »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2013, 08:28:14 AM »
Man, R*'s timing on this is almost comically bad. They're releasing a game that took years to develop 3 months before the platform it's on becomes obsolete. And given recent history, there's no reason to believe the new platforms will be backwards compatible. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2013, 09:17:03 AM »
I don't think it will matter that much to be honest. GTA is such a big name that people will still get it, and regarding the new consoles, I doubt everyone will get the new one over night. It's amazing how much a console drops in price in just a few months, and I would be surprised if everyone tossed their 360 or PS3 right away to buy the new console when it's the most expensive.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2013, 09:30:20 AM »
I'm still crossing my fingers for a multi-gen release.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2013, 09:32:55 AM »
I don't really see it happening to be honest, since the hardware in PS4/X720 will be way different than the one in PS3/X360, and it would be like developing two different games with two different engines, two different everything.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2013, 09:33:08 AM »
Man, R*'s timing on this is almost comically bad. They're releasing a game that took years to develop 3 months before the platform it's on becomes obsolete. And given recent history, there's no reason to believe the new platforms will be backwards compatible.
The platforms will not become obsolete over a night, there will be a transition period and for all we know they may very well be a PS4 and XBox720 in development since the game was pushed back a few month. The PC version is still to be announced which means if they plan to release a PC version the next gen consoles will most likely also happen since they have a more PC and development friendly structure then before, atleast from what i've heard. Keep in mind a PC version is neither denied or confirmed, they have said though that they're looking out for the possibilities of a PC build.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2013, 10:13:33 AM »
I don't really see it happening to be honest, since the hardware in PS4/X720 will be way different than the one in PS3/X360, and it would be like developing two different games with two different engines, two different everything.

But don't companies already do that between consoles? I mean, isn't making a making a game for 360 and PS3 just as different as gen to gen? There were plenty of new games released for both PS2 and PS3.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2013, 11:25:25 AM »
I would have thought that a next gen Gta released at or near launch would be the best for the next gen.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2013, 12:30:40 PM »
I would have thought that a next gen Gta released at or near launch would be the best for the next gen.

I'm shocked that Sony or Microsoft didn't try to get it as an exclusive... at least for beginning. Maybe Rockstar makes more money having it not as an exclusive to justify it. But I feel that if either company had it as an exclusive launch title, it would be a serious leg up.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »

I'm shocked that Sony or Microsoft didn't try to get it as an exclusive... at least for beginning. Maybe Rockstar makes more money having it not as an exclusive to justify it. But I feel that if either company had it as an exclusive launch title, it would be a serious leg up.

It probably sold about 10m copies on each console, so I don't think it would be worth it to them to make it an exclusive title.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2013, 02:19:02 PM »
Well Microsoft had the rights to dlc first for 4.... but yea, a fat check for exclusive launch would have been huge for whichever console got it.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2013, 08:53:49 AM »
New trailers in 5 minutes!!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2013, 09:09:32 AM »
Swweeeeeet!  :metal

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2013, 09:13:17 AM »
Well the website is overloaded, but I was able to hear the audio for Michael. Radio Gaga   :metal

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2013, 09:17:09 AM »
First person view in the helicopter cockpit.... FINALLY

I really liked how these trailers showed the three characters and the parts of the city they associate with. The rich and luxurious city dwellers, the hood and ghettos, and the hicks. 

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2013, 09:19:30 AM »
So I just watched it (for the lazy it's here). First impressions are: I think I will like Michael, he seems to have the most interesting story from what this trailer shows. Franklin looks like he's just about rehashing the plot of GTA San Andreas, right down to the disinterest in being part of the gang he's in, and it looks like it's even the same gang as the last time since they are all wearing green. I'm not excited for his plotline at all just yet. Trevor seems to epitomise chaos and insanity, and looks to be the comic relief. Let's face it, that kind of character is not going to be a bad thing in a GTA game.

No idea when I'll be playing it though. I hope the PC version doesn't take too long to be released. :(

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2013, 05:39:56 AM »
Yea the trailers were pretty sweet. I found these analysis to be pretty awesome:

Michael Trailer Analysis
Franklin Trailer Analysis
Trevor Trailer Analysis

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2013, 12:32:29 PM »
Some new juicy GTAV info:
- Rockstar claims its goal was to create the ultimate open world
- The transition between the three protagonists is smooth; the camera zooms out to a Google Earth view, the screen fills with static, the camera moves across the city and zooms back into your chosen character
- The closer characters are, the quicker the transition. During missions where they're all together its instantaneous
- Each character is rated in a series of skill categories: Stamina, Shooting, Strength, Stealth, Flying, Driving, Mechanic, Lung Capacity.
- Each character has a 'Special': Franklin is an adrenalin junkie and can slow down time while driving; Trevor has a frenzy mode, where he's does double damage, takes half damage, and has a unique - melee attack; Michael has his own version of bullet time
- Specials are governed by a meter, it drains after use and recharges slowly
- Other skill categories are shared and can be improved by completing missions, side missions, activities and more
- Trevor will always be the best pilot, Franklin will always be the best driver but each can improve their proficiency a little
- One of the skill categories is stealth, suggesting players will be able to take different approaches to missions
- The wave physics are some of the best we've seen in any game this generation
- Although weather wasn't shown, it's easy to see how they'd work in the game
- Some boats will include gear such as wetsuit, flippers and tanks for diving
- An underwater ecosystem exits, "the sea is teaming with fish and sharks"
- Treasures can be found underwater, but NPCs will be looking for them too
- GTA 5 rewards exploration, there's no signposting underwater, so you'll have to find the treasure the hard way
- Dives won't offer massive payoffs, but will "help grease the wheels"
- The character selection wheel is split into four triangles: Franklin, Trevor, Michael, and your multiplayer character
- It seems there's a closer relationship between single and multiplayer. Simply pressing Down on the d-pad will drop the play in and out of MP.
- Rockstar has said it will reveal more on multiplayer in the future
- Michael's is miserable: his wife hates him, he has no relationship with his kids, he spends his drinking whiskey and watching old action movies
- There are subtle differences in the way each character moves to reflect their personalities; Michael is slower and deliberate.
- Rockstar says there will be five times as many pedestrians in GTA V as there were in Grand Theft Auto IV
- The game is a "massive" technical step up from GTA IV, the team has nailed the look of LA
- There's a "crazy level of detail": Tourist buses can be boarded for a tour of celebrity homes, film posters are plastered on the walls, men in comedy costumes try to corner you outside the Cathay - Theatre, including the Superman-like Impotent Rage and Master Chief riff, Space Ranger.
- iFruit, the game's new phone, can be used to snap pictures and upload them to Rockstar's Social Club or your own our social media page. Recording videos seems likely.
- The phone also has apps. In addition to the camera there is internet, contacts, social media, a calendar, and a replay missions app. There are three more Rockstar hasn't yet detailed.
- Michael's obsession with classic films translates into in-game set pieces based on real world movies. In the demo the three characters mount a heist very similar to the one from Heat.
- Mini heists' are used to teach the player about preparation. Players must secure vehicles, outfits, masks, the getaway vehicle and locations for dumping potentially damaging.
- These build up to a bigger heist where the execution must be flawless. They'll require the right crew and players will have to decide on the cheap option, which results in less skilled people, or paying more for skilled crew members that will a larger cut.
- You can switch between Franklin, Trevor and Michael during a cutscene, manually, or automatically when the AI takes control for you
- Each character has a job to do, how much you switch yourself in or let the computer do, is entirely up to you
- If you die the game reloads to the last checkpoint, even if two other characters are alive
- Although it's up to the player when they switch, dialogue will suggest ideal moments. For example, when Michael and Franklin are being overwhelmed by snipers, Michael might ask for Trevor's help.
- A combat roll has been introduced for moving between cover
- There is a wider field of vision, and players can run-and-gun
- Pay N Sprays can also mod cars with paint jobs, new wheels, window tints, grilles, spoilers. Upgrades to suspension, engine and brakes can also be made.
- Weapons can also be customised with laser sights, scopes, silencers, and high capacity magazines
- You can customise yourself with haircuts, new clothes, and tattoos
- You can pick up hitchikers, do stunt jumps and flying challenges, take part in yoga, golf, tennis or bike races.
- You can buy property too; houses, garages and businesses can all be purchased for extra revenue sources.

https://www.computerandvideogames.com/404351/gta-5-new-details-character-switching-skill-systems-and-more/