Author Topic: Jazz players?  (Read 4401 times)

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
Re: Jazz players?
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2009, 01:11:45 AM »
Well, I can tell you right now that, if you're serious, you're going to get discouraged and you're going to want to quit a bunch of times.  :lol  In fact, if you don't feel that way, something is wrong.  I hate to say it like that, but it's true.  The difficult thing isn't even learning the stuff, it's braving the discouragement.  But, just stick with it, you'll get there.

That's pretty cool that you're learning All the Things You Are.  Here's something to analyze in the tune: look at the chords in the first four lines.  Figure out how the first two lines are related to the second two lines.... how they're similar.  Do the same with the melody.   
lol. playing dream theater songs on drums. lol, I will learn like half a song, and play it all the way up to there.  then Mike does starts going insane, and i am like, fuck.  skip to next song. lol.  I have so many unfinished songs...
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline brakkum

• DT.net Member
  • Bass Boy
Re: Jazz players?
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2009, 02:08:27 PM »
Well, I can tell you right now that, if you're serious, you're going to get discouraged and you're going to want to quit a bunch of times.  :lol  In fact, if you don't feel that way, something is wrong.  I hate to say it like that, but it's true.  The difficult thing isn't even learning the stuff, it's braving the discouragement.  But, just stick with it, you'll get there.

That's pretty cool that you're learning All the Things You Are.  Here's something to analyze in the tune: look at the chords in the first four lines.  Figure out how the first two lines are related to the second two lines.... how they're similar.  Do the same with the melody.   
lol. playing dream theater songs on drums. lol, I will learn like half a song, and play it all the way up to there.  then Mike does starts going insane, and i am like, fuck.  skip to next song. lol.  I have so many unfinished songs...

slow them down, take your time with them. its better to spend a long time learning a whole song than wasting some time to only learn part of a song.
https://concertculture.blogspot.com/

https://brakmusic.tumblr.com/

And on the 8th day, God created Dream Theater. God then proceeded to rock out with his cock out.