Author Topic: American Horror Story On FX  (Read 13599 times)

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
Re: American Horror Story On FX
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2012, 10:39:15 PM »
So I just finished the first season.

First of all, I really like acting. It's so realistic. But to be honest I can't say I feared so much and even worse something was very predictable. There were some discontinuity in the fiction. I must say, I really like the whole atmosphere, events, people. I definitely keep watching other seasons. Worth watching but I think there can be more blood, more mysterious things and less talking.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2012, 02:00:05 PM »

First of all, I really like acting. It's so realistic. But to be honest I can't say I feared so much and even worse something was very predictable. There were some discontinuity in the fiction. I must say, I really like the whole atmosphere, events, people. I definitely keep watching other seasons. Worth watching but I think there can be more blood, more mysterious things and less talking.
Wow, your a tough one to please, eh?
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »

Season 2, so far anyway, may be more to your liking then.  It's starting really slow, but it's picking up some steam.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2012, 04:09:04 PM »
Yeah I really enjoyed this recent episode. It was the first one that wasn't completely all over the place with five different story strands and the eerie, nonsensical mumbo jumbo it's been thus far. For the first time I'm eager to see where this is going. Here's hoping they take it in a new direction and develop some actual scares with... *GASP* a story.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2012, 04:14:01 PM »
Completely agreed.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »
Yup, agreed as well. Especially the last sentence.

In the first season they just got into the complex fiction with less horrifying subjects. Of course as a whole the atmosphere is kinda scary but I stand back my thought: it could've been more horrifying. Good thing is, yes! So far season 2 satisfies me and I really enjoy the story.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2012, 11:51:16 PM »
Cool!  I figured that with the current season's subject matter that you would probably get into it more.  Keep watching! :tup

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2012, 06:46:11 AM »
Yeah I really enjoyed this recent episode. It was the first one that wasn't completely all over the place with five different story strands and the eerie, nonsensical mumbo jumbo it's been thus far. For the first time I'm eager to see where this is going. Here's hoping they take it in a new direction and develop some actual scares with... *GASP* a story.
Completely agree.

Arden being a former Nazi kinda rounds his character and the Monsignor's call to him instantly made him much more interesting!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2012, 06:47:53 AM »
Yeah...its gettin good!

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2012, 02:55:04 AM »
Finished Season 1

I don't know how I feel about it.  The first few episodes had a relentlessly dark and just all around awful tone to them.  Everything was moving toward some kind of horrific orgy of violence and murder.

The moment the Rubber Man was revealed as Tate, everything went off the rails.  Before, Tate was a troubled yet likable kid, but then he become a rapist.  It also cancelled out the possibility of any sort of grand design.

The origin story is great.  Evil Scientist takes the dismembered parts of his baby, merges them with pig parts, and it somehow comes alive.  Provoking the wife into a murder-suicide.  At some point, the evil pig baby dies.

At that point, I was imagining that the Rubber Man was some kind of force of nature or something that was trying to create a reincarnation of the evil baby for some reason.  Instead we got.... what we got.

Were there some cool moments?  Yes.  But the overall arc never had any chutzpah to it.  The only really creepy part of the last few episodes was when the Rubber Man baby killed the babysitter.  Even then, it wasn't pushed as hard as it could have been.

Really liked when Ben and Vivian kill each other then revive around the new couple.  Really liked Ben and Tate's last scene.

The scene with Violet and the kid made me super duper sad.  She would never be able to make a real connection with a real human being her age again.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2012, 10:40:11 PM »
Um... Wow...wh...

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN THIS STUPID SHOW!?

...is what I was thinking throughout this entire recent episode. Holy shit...establish something. Some semblance of an actual plot. Some kind of story thread that doesn't completely disappear the next episode only to invite yet another random, completely out-of-the-blue "surprise" that makes no god-damn sense. That was just...that was the worst episode I have ever seen. Ever. Out of all the shit television shows I've watched. I mean...jesus fuck, I was so confused it actually put me in a bad mood. I just did not get any of that at all. Nor do I see where this show is going.

Yet... I am intrigued to see if it does go anywhere, but I'm not sure how much more random bullshit I can take. I really don't think any of the things they've been showing are going to add up to anything, I think it's as psychotic as it looks. Maybe that's the point? Maybe their goal is to confuse their viewers so much that they feel like throwing themselves into Briarcl-...*GASP*

But really. I think I'm done with this show. It's just too much. Way too much. And at the same time far too little. Seriously. Did I miss something? I just need to go to bed and reevaluate this tomorrow; cause I really feel like my head is gonna blow up with all the random shit that this episode projectile vomited all over my brain. That entire episode was so fucking stupid.

RIP DTP.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2012, 06:49:53 AM »
Um... Wow...wh...

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN THIS STUPID SHOW!?

...is what I was thinking throughout this entire recent episode. Holy shit...establish something. Some semblance of an actual plot. Some kind of story thread that doesn't completely disappear the next episode only to invite yet another random, completely out-of-the-blue "surprise" that makes no god-damn sense. That was just...that was the worst episode I have ever seen. Ever. Out of all the shit television shows I've watched. I mean...jesus fuck, I was so confused it actually put me in a bad mood. I just did not get any of that at all. Nor do I see where this show is going.

Yet... I am intrigued to see if it does go anywhere, but I'm not sure how much more random bullshit I can take. I really don't think any of the things they've been showing are going to add up to anything, I think it's as psychotic as it looks. Maybe that's the point? Maybe their goal is to confuse their viewers so much that they feel like throwing themselves into Briarcl-...*GASP*

But really. I think I'm done with this show. It's just too much. Way too much. And at the same time far too little. Seriously. Did I miss something? I just need to go to bed and reevaluate this tomorrow; cause I really feel like my head is gonna blow up with all the random shit that this episode projectile vomited all over my brain. That entire episode was so fucking stupid.
I think the show is great! LOVE IT! Can't wait for each new episode!!! Best show of its kind...EVER!!! :metal

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2012, 11:28:57 AM »
I was prettttty drunk last night, but I still stand by my statements. I really have no idea what happened last episode, it was a jumbled mess. I'm going to have to rewatch it sometime before the next one because to me, it really seems like they just unlocked the BFG from Doom and their ammo are deus ex machina. And they have infinite ammo.

RIP DTP.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2012, 12:57:29 PM »
I was prettttty drunk last night, but I still stand by my statements. I really have no idea what happened last episode, it was a jumbled mess. I'm going to have to rewatch it sometime before the next one because to me, it really seems like they just unlocked the BFG from Doom and their ammo are deus ex machina. And they have infinite ammo.
Not for nothing but watching a show like that really drunk is going to equate to a jumbled mess. I think its building in intensity more every week, and I can't wait till the next episode.
But hey...to each his own. If you don't dig it that's cool.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »
Well... if this helps, the central theme to Season 1 was infidelity.  The central theme to Season 2 seems to be insanity.  Maybe that's why the episodes seem so disjointed.  I'm still watching it though.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »
Yeah... I just re-watched it and I was honestly even more confused. I might have to go back and just watch it from the beginning to establish some kind of timeline, but it just seems, as Deb said, so very disjointed and a jumbled mess. I don't know, I'll stick with it, but at this point I'm just ready to see how many story strands are left tangled and unraveling by the time the show reaches its end. But I really hope not, because I thoroughly enjoyed S1 and was really looking forward to this season.

RIP DTP.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
You know, you're not the only one to complain that it seems to be nothing but a jumbled mess this season - there are a LOT of peeps either ready to give up on it or thinking about giving up on it.

I'd like to think that there may be SOME point to all of this, so I'm going to stick with it for now.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2012, 09:04:22 PM »
Same, it's still intriguing and interesting, I just don't like the foundation they're laying. They're either going to have an amazing season at the end of all this, or it's just going to end up one big train wreck. I'm really hoping for the former because if they're ingenious enough to weave this kind of 'insanity' into a logical, cohesive story at the end, it's going to be really awesome. But I'm expecting it to fall flat on it's face. Here's hoping.

RIP DTP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2013, 09:58:40 PM »
Best episode of the season so far tonight IMO. There were a couple WTF moments, and in a strange way they seem to be bringing the disjointed storylines together. It still has some ground to make up to match the success and that feeling of satisfaction I had after season 1 ended....but for me...this episode tonight especially, it seems to have turned a corner.
  And it's kind of a broken record pointing out how great Jessica Lange is....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind