Author Topic: What do you do in your lunch break?  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Riceball

• It's the economy, stupid.
What do you do in your lunch break?
« on: October 11, 2011, 11:37:59 PM »
This is probably only for those who work part or full time (although any students who do something interesting, feel free). What do you do on your lunch break?

Right now, I'm at the WACA watching state cricket (US equivilant would be AAA baseball, I guess). The stadium is a five minute walk from the office, and state games are free of charge, which is awesome.

Can anyone top that? :D
I punch those numbers into my calculator and they make a happy face.

A $500 Musical Odyssey: Now accepting nominations

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: What do you do in your lunch break?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 11:39:11 PM »
Nothing. Servers don't get lunch breaks at most jobs. You just find a way to dick around for a minute here and there :'( At least I don't let it make me a smoker like many whom do so primarily because they think it'll get them extra free time on the job despite the fact that they constantly have to put out their joe after just one drag.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 11:42:13 PM »
I post on DTF.  I mean c'mon, I work in a fucking kitchen, I spend the other eight hours eating.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 11:53:11 PM »
 :lol

Well, I almost always eat :p

At the liquor store it's rarely an actual "lunch" break because I work a lot of nights, but generally I just sit to the side and eat just in case we get a rush of customers because it will often just be me and one other person and I don't want to leave that person screwed even though I'm technically entitled to leave. For hospice I eat in my car a lot.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 11:53:25 PM »
Totally with you on the eating part loney. Where I work we have a lot of fried seafood baskets sold so they tend to keep a mixing bowl of seasoned fries under the lamp since whatever doesn't sell in 15 minutes just gets scavenged by the staff any way  :lol Also in regard to your post Jackie, I used to eat in my car at some jobs but unless I'd just gotten some great new music I hated how it cuts me off from all socialization but retains all the outside noise and general annoyance since cars are far from sound-proof.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 12:19:51 AM »
Totally with you on the eating part loney. Where I work we have a lot of fried seafood baskets sold so they tend to keep a mixing bowl of seasoned fries under the lamp since whatever doesn't sell in 15 minutes just gets scavenged by the staff any way  :lol

Try Monday nights at my place, where I have two big ass prime ribs, tons of mashed potatoes, and all the au jus I need.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 12:31:31 AM »
Well I guess that makes me a lil jealous now doesn't it. (As I typed this, the words seemed to sound as if spoken by Dana Carvey's Church Lady character)

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 12:33:02 AM »
I eat, and then I wander the streets of our city (I have an hour's time to kill). I usually go to the library for a while, or take a short walk in the woods before I head back to work.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 12:37:27 AM »
^Do you hear the voice of Mikael Åkerfeldt when you walk in the woods?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 12:38:51 AM »
My senior year of High School (aka the 9 months I spent sitting in adult ed sleeping... shhhh) I used to spend my lunch hour hanging out in the cemetery across the street. Twas so peaceful.  That is until students started smoking pot and going in there to fight...

And now...  I don't really take lunch breaks (even though I should).. I usually just sit in my office for like 15 minutes and eat something from one of the fast food places in the center... Or  I grab a smoothie from Blenders In The Grass (Great smoothie franchise in So Cali)  and sit somewhere and post on here... Even though I post on here most of the day anyways
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 12:43:43 AM »
^Do you hear the voice of Mikael Åkerfeldt when you walk in the woods?

Sometimes, yes.

DEEEEEEMOOOON
DEEEEEEMON OF THE FAAAAAAAAAAALL
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 01:17:34 AM »
 :lol

Nice quote since that's the first track I ever heard from them.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 01:39:13 AM »
Well...I don't leave my computer. I go warm my food in the micro, which I'll eat in front of the computer. And sometimes, I don't take a break but start working right away, and sometimes I browse different non-work related sites.

Bottom line - I don't get out of my chair. Probably should, but I can't be bothered.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 01:45:32 AM »
Well...I don't leave my computer. I go warm my food in the micro, which I'll eat in front of the computer. And sometimes, I don't take a break but start working right away, and sometimes I browse different non-work related sites.

Bottom line - I don't get out of my chair. Probably should, but I can't be bothered.

what do you do?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 04:18:39 AM »
I used to walk down to borders and read  :'( 

now I just eat and listen to music.  :smiley:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 04:49:26 AM »
Being in the position I am, I rarely get a proper lunch break. I just bring my lunch to work and eat on the fly.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 05:30:24 AM »
We're required to take a lunch now and currently I'm eating Sun Chips and browsing DTF.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 05:36:53 AM »

what do you do?
I'm a web designer/programmer. :)
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline TheSilentHam

• Bringin' da bacon
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 06:10:15 AM »
I play basketball, take a 5 minute shower, then spend the next 30 minutes still sweating at my desk.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 06:38:45 AM »
Most of the time I eat at my desk and I usually read some news online or read/post on some forums like this one.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 06:47:21 AM »
Lunch Break?  whats a lunch break?  I'm lucky if I have  5 minutes to run across the street grab a sandwich and eat it at my desk
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 07:50:18 AM »
Sit in my car like a loser and eat something.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:56:58 AM by tick »
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 07:54:23 AM »
I practice backgammon and browse DTF unless I have a something I need to research during lunch, and that's done online.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 07:54:40 AM »
During uni breaks I just go to a cafe and bum out with my friends on the couches and eat lol.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 07:57:32 AM »
Sit at my desk eating lunch and either browsing this place or playing on my PSP.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 07:58:06 AM »
During uni breaks I just go to a cafe and bum out with my friends on the couches and eat lol.
Wow, that's so, "Friends" like of you. :biggrin:

Offline Logical Nightmare

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 08:17:27 AM »
I usually don't leave the personnel room. Since we never have lunch with any colleague (someone must be in the store at all times) it gets pretty boring. I make my lunch and then eat it reading a book. I always read when I get a break - it helps me relax and feel like I was actually on a break.

But I rarely have lunch, since most of the days are just four or five hours. We get one hour when working full days (10-18).

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 08:31:16 AM »
I solve mysteries under the name Dave Robicheaux.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 09:05:57 AM »
I'm pretty fortunate and happy that our office has a shower in it because it allows me to get some exercise in during my hour lunch break to where I don't have to worry about trying to exercise once I am home for the night and dealing with the kiddos and all the responsibility stuff that somehow has entered my life. :P
  I can run 5 miles, eat a quick bite and get a shower and then back to work. The area our office building is located in is a very nice, quiet suburb of St. Louis, so with the help of MapMyRun.com I mapped out a 5 mile route through the calm streets of said neighborhood and run that. It is very relaxing and peaceful and a nice break in the day.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2011, 09:44:55 AM »
I solve mysteries under the name Dave Robicheaux.
and if you're in the mood, Nancy drew?

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 09:48:05 AM »
I eat my crappy sandwich in our crappy lunchroom, then I take about a 15 minute walk, then I sit in my car and read.  Exciting stuff.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2011, 09:50:08 AM »
I'm doing it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zeltar

• Have a drink, it'll make me look younger.
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »
In my ten minute lunch break, I eat a sandwich, text people back, and check twitter. And I ride dragons.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »
I'm doing it.

Pics or it didn't happen  ;)

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 11:35:27 AM »
On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I sit in the college lounge and talk to the woman I am currently infatuated with while I eat and browse DTF.

On Tuesday and Thursday, I eat and browse DTF by myself.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH