Author Topic: Lost.  (Read 38109 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: Lost.
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2011, 08:25:02 AM »
Lost was the best TV show I ever watched. Makes me kind of sad thinking back how awesome it was not knowing what the hell was going on. I want to be lost again, see awesome episodes like 'The Constant' and the season 3 finale ('Through the Looking Glass'), cry over some things and be blown away by pure awesomeness.

Damn, I miss that show.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2011, 05:27:40 PM »
I'm right there with you Elite.  I'd say Through the Looking Glass is my favorite episode of the series and The Constant is right up there.  TTLG is just pure awesomeness from start to finish, and if it wasn't dusty in your living room at the end of The Constant then you need to go see the wizard about a heart!

Pretty much you can't go wrong with any of the season finales or the Desmond-centric episodes.

Or any of the episodes for that matter!  :lol

Yes, I even found Expose quite entertaining.  I'm like the opposite of a hater.  So what does that make me?  That's right baby- I'm a lover.  :hat :heart

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2011, 06:47:17 PM »
Really?  Easily?!  I loved Charlie.  Least favorite character without a doubt was Michael.

lets just say that charlie made me enjoy michael screaming WALLLLTTTTT every 5 seconds

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2011, 05:48:14 PM »
Really?  Easily?!  I loved Charlie.  Least favorite character without a doubt was Michael.

lets just say that charlie made me enjoy michael screaming WALLLLTTTTT every 5 seconds

Lol.  Michael made me want to do heroin with Charlie.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2011, 11:27:18 PM »

Lol.  Michael made me want to do heroin with Charlie.
:rollin
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2011, 11:54:34 PM »
I really really miss LOST.  Best show ever, even if the later seasons weren't as up to par as the earlier ones.  At least the show didn't end where it began--I would've been super uber pissed if they'd ended it like that.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2011, 03:34:19 AM »
At least the show didn't end where it began--I would've been super uber pissed if they'd ended it like that.
Since I've only made it just a little more than halfway through Season 2, I'm going to assume I'm better off not asking what you mean by this?

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2011, 07:08:35 AM »
I really really miss LOST.  Best show ever, even if the later seasons weren't as up to par as the earlier ones.  At least the show didn't end where it began--I would've been super uber pissed if they'd ended it like that.

Best show ever?
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2011, 07:11:25 AM »

Best show ever?

Yes. Best show ever.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2011, 10:20:58 AM »
Watch more shows.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2011, 10:51:43 AM »
At least the show didn't end where it began--I would've been super uber pissed if they'd ended it like that.
Since I've only made it just a little more than halfway through Season 2, I'm going to assume I'm better off not asking what you mean by this?

Don't worry. I'm not really sure what she means either...

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2011, 02:49:17 PM »

Don't worry. I'm not really sure what she means either...

I think she means it somewhat literally... (along the lines of Steven King's Dark Tower series maybe?).  I feel like that was one of the theories floating around at the time.  Don't wanna get into any more detail than that though for people who haven't made it to the end yet.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2011, 05:40:07 PM »
I think she means it somewhat literally... (along the lines of Steven King's Dark Tower series maybe?).  I feel like that was one of the theories floating around at the time.  Don't wanna get into any more detail than that though for people who haven't made it to the end yet.

Yes, but since OP hasn't made it that far yet I didn't want to spell it out like that.

And I would think that since I'm 41, I've watched PLENTY of bad TV and I happen to think that LOST IS the best show ever IMO.  So, no, I don't feel like I "need" to watch more shows, tyvm. :)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2011, 05:46:57 PM »
You could watch The Wire and completely ruin any other drama show you'll watch from then on out.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2011, 05:47:48 PM »
I could.  Doesn't necessarily mean that I will, though.

Offline Metrovarium

• Lord Tarp
  • SPAAAAAACE
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2011, 06:00:31 PM »
Lost is the best show I've ever watched; it's only rivaled by Dexter and Six Feet Under. Seasons 1-5 were incredible. The cliffhangers were better than any other show I've watched by far, especially the ones at the end of each finale. Season 6 was okay, but the whole alternate timeline thing was a huge waste of time. And the explanations given for everything were complete cop-outs. I wasn't expecting a huge game-changer or anything, but I hoped that they'd at least try to keep it pseudo-realistic like they had been doing for so long. So I like to pretend that Season 5's finale (which was fantasic, almost as good as Season 3's) is the end of the show.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2011, 06:11:22 PM »
It's not suppose to be an alternate timeline, but I know what you mean.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2011, 12:18:16 AM »
Something I just thought of... We should label spoiler text with the season so I know which ones I should avoid.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2011, 07:18:43 PM »
Something I just thought of... We should label spoiler text with the season so I know which ones I should avoid.
The little font Metrovarium and I used are for season 6, so definitely avoid.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2011, 02:52:14 AM »
(Season 3, Ep 3)
So Jack, Sawyer, and Kate have been captured by "the others." Sawyer and Kate are breaking apart rocks and Jack's chilling in an aquarium. There's been hardly any plot progression and these last two episodes have been extremely boring. There's been no questions answered, no new questions, no forward progression, and only flashbacks. For fuck's sake, something needs to happen soon before I fall asleep. Season 2 ended on such a high note, it'd be neat if Season 3 started on one.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 03:10:27 AM by MetalJunkie »

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2011, 03:13:29 AM »
Give it some time. It may start a little slow but it will surprise you.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2011, 04:49:55 AM »
(Season 3, Ep 3)
So Jack, Sawyer, and Kate have been captured by "the others." Sawyer and Kate are breaking apart rocks and Jack's chilling in an aquarium. There's been hardly any plot progression and these last two episodes have been extremely boring. There's been no questions answered, no new questions, no forward progression, and only flashbacks. For fuck's sake, something needs to happen soon before I fall asleep. Season 2 ended on such a high note, it'd be neat if Season 3 started on one.
What Nekov said... I enjoyed  first two seasons but 3 and 4 were way better.... I wish I was watching the show for the first time now!

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2011, 10:19:12 AM »
(Season 3, Ep 3)

When Season 3 aired they did the first 6 episodes each week with no repeats, dubbing it a "mini-season" and then had a long hiatus from like November to January or February when the show resumed.  We didn't like it, because those first 6 episdoes were pretty slow, then we had to wait months for the show to come back and get interesting.  Starting with season 4 the show just premiered in January or February instead of the fall so they could get a good jump on filming and not have any (or at least not many) repeat weeks during the season.  Anyway, yeah Season 3 starts out pretty slow, but I think most fans would agree that the finale of Season 3 is the high point of the series.  Also, the first couple of episodes after those initial 6 are freaking amazing, especially the Desmond-centric episode 8- "Flashes Before Your Eyes."   I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about when that first aired!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2011, 11:00:14 PM »
The gap in season three really stunk for those of us who watched in on tv, I bet season 3 feels a lot different for those who watched it at thier own pace on DVD or streaming.

To me, Seasons 1 and 2 were the best, but I really enjoyed seasons 4 and season 6.  I know most people didnt love season 6, but I liked it a lot and I found a lot of closure with the final few episodes.  IMO, probably one of the best ends to a show ever.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2011, 11:52:14 PM »
Season 3 almost made me quit watching. Those first few episodes are so godawful boring, but, as previously said, it gets much better. Holy fuck is the second half of Season 3 so much better.

Seasons 4, 5, and 6 I think were pretty good, although Season 6 has some stinkers. Season 4, in particular, was really good. The change to their new format really helped the show, IMO.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2011, 08:49:56 PM »
HOW THE FUCK DOES DESMOND KNOW THE FUTURE WHAT THE FUUUUUUUU

(don't tell me)

Kosmo

« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2011, 11:58:04 PM »
Couldn't even if I wanted to.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2011, 12:03:22 AM »
He was abducted by aliens when he was a wee lad, brothah.

Offline mrjazzguitar

• I play guitar.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • rump horrot
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2011, 01:01:10 AM »
He was abducted by aliens when he was a wee lad, brothah.

BROTHAHHHHHHHH

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2011, 04:33:36 AM »
Every time Hurley talks, he cracks me up.

Sawyer: Son of a... What's a head doin' back here?!
Hurley: Oh. That's just Roger.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 04:40:37 AM by MetalJunkie »

Offline Vahvahenki

• I now pronounce you husband and five... eight
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2011, 05:12:49 AM »
Every time Hurley talks, he cracks me up.

Sawyer: Son of a... What's a head doin' back here?!
Hurley: Oh. That's just Roger.

That episode is nothing short of brilliant because of those conversations.

"Shut up... red... neck... man." :lol

Offline Vahvahenki

• I now pronounce you husband and five... eight
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2011, 11:02:02 AM »
Afterthought of the entire series:

Time-travel edit: After watching this show again it occured to me that Lost could be compared to the Dream Theater SFAM -> Octavarium album run. The sixth season starts with the afterlife which, through logical chronology is immediately what happens after the very last scene of that season. Five consecutive seasons and the last one ends where it began. Anyone else caught this or am I just going too far with this?

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »
I loved lost but I haven't watched it again since it finished. It definitely went shit after season three/four. I cried loads during different points.
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2011, 08:32:20 PM »
Big lost fan here. I even have a dharma t shirt but best show ever??? The 6th season made sure that wasn't the case. The sopranos, wire, breaking bad, etc... Are better shows by far.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2011, 08:42:49 PM »
John Locke is the best character for sure.