Author Topic: The Bootleg Of The Month Thread v. Can February March? No, but April MAY.  (Read 106208 times)

Offline Setlist Scotty

Re: The Bootleg Of The Month Thread v. Can February March? No, but April MAY.
« Reply #700 on: September 14, 2014, 02:41:27 PM »
that was the day i was born  ;D
always thought it was pretty cool my favorite band was performing as i was born, t'was fate  :metal
Around the time I was born the band was assembling the ATCO Demos, or composing one song among PMU, AD or Surrounded.
My Dad was listening to the newest DT album Metropolis: PT2 Scenes From A Memory, when I was just about to be born  :omg: am I THAT old
No, you're that young! I was a couple months away from starting my senior year in high school when I finally found a copy of DT's brand new album (at the time), When Dream and Day Unite. Am I THAT old?!? 
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #701 on: September 14, 2014, 04:39:23 PM »
Answer: Yes.  :lol

By the way, as for our ongoing business, I went silent as I was going through an exam period an moving to another city. I'll take up again that mail shortly. :)
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #702 on: September 15, 2014, 12:01:02 PM »
always thought it was pretty cool my favorite band was performing as i was born, t'was fate  :metal
Around the time I was born the band was assembling the ATCO Demos, or composing one song among PMU, AD or Surrounded.
My Dad was listening to the newest DT album Metropolis: PT2 Scenes From A Memory, when I was just about to be born  :omg: am I THAT old
you're that young! Am I THAT old?!?
It doesn't feel like I should be 16. It doesn't seem that long since ToT came out.  :lol

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #703 on: September 15, 2014, 04:00:52 PM »
Answer: Yes.  :lol

By the way, as for our ongoing business, I went silent as I was going through an exam period an moving to another city. I'll take up again that mail shortly. :)
LOL! Thanx Marco!  :-*

Was wondering why I hadn't heard from you - no worries tho. Drop me an e-mail when you get the time.

It doesn't feel like I should be 16. It doesn't seem that long since ToT came out.  :lol
Well, considering that SFaM only came out at the end of 1999, you couldn't be 16 if your old man was listening to it when you were about to be born!  :lol  Regardless, if you think time is flying by that quickly now, just wait until you get to be an old man!
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #704 on: September 15, 2014, 04:02:59 PM »

Well, considering that SFaM only came out at the end of 1999, you couldn't be 16 if your old man was listening to it when you were about to be born!  :lol  Regardless, if you think time is flying by that quickly now, just wait until you get to be an old man!

Amen. I was almost 24 when I discovered DT. And that was right before I&W came out!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Grizz

« Reply #705 on: September 20, 2014, 01:18:32 PM »
No, you're that young! I was a couple months away from starting my senior year in high school when I finally found a copy of DT's brand new album (at the time), When Dream and Day Unite. Am I THAT old?!?
On my birth DT was in England wrapping up support of FII. Many fans got screwed by James' getting sick. For a more widespread perspective: my parents were at an Intimate Evening With Dream Theater (final DS shows) when I was 8 months old.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #706 on: October 02, 2014, 01:08:14 PM »
When I was born, the band didn't have an official singer and they were writing I&W. A trying time period, but one that ended up working out quite well in January of '91.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline PwnsomeWin

Re: The Bootleg Of The Month Thread v. Requests still open for July bootleg
« Reply #707 on: October 14, 2014, 02:41:40 PM »
Train of Thought World Tour - North American Leg [LAST STOP: PENN STATION]
4/3/2004  New York City

https://sdrv.ms/ScsUWM

Venue:  The Theater at Madison Square Garden
Other Act(s):  no other acts

Set List: 
0.  Band history video (intro tape)
1.  As I Am
2.  This Dying Soul
3.  Beyond This Life (w/ extended improv section)
4.  Hollow Years (w/ extended guitar solo)
5.  The Great Debate
6.  Endless Sacrifice
7.  Another Day
8.  Trial of Tears
~~~intermission~~~
Dead Poets Society (intro tape)
A Change of Seasons:
9.  I The Crimson Sunrise
10.  II Innocence
11.  III Carpe Diem
12.  IV The Darkest of Winters
13.  V Another World
14.  VI The Inevitable Summer
15.  VII The Crimson Sunset
16.  keyboard solo
17.  Caught in a Web/
18.  drum solo (w/ audience participation)
19.  Honor Thy Father
~~~Eugene Friesen introduced~~~
20.  Vacant (w/ cello)
21.  Stream of Consciousness (w/cello)
22.  Disappear (w/ cello)
~~~1st encore~~~
23.  Pull Me Under
~~~2nd encore~~~
24.  In the Name of God

Vocals: James LaBrie
Guitar: John Petrucci
Keyboards: Jordan Rudess
Bass: John Myung
Drums: Mike Portnoy

Notes:  Eugene Friesen played cello on Vacant. This also marked the very first time that Disappear was ever played live.
It's gone! Think you could reupload?