Author Topic: What stores are selling ADToE special edition?  (Read 1100 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
What stores are selling ADToE special edition?
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:54:51 AM »
I really wanna go out and buy it ASAP. I'd have ordered it online but I really love the joy of walking out of a store with it in hand; just so much more meaningful than opening a cardboard box on your doorstep. I already called Target which apparently didn't even bother ordering it (regular or special edition) or the girl on the phone may have screwed up. I've been on hold for Best Buy for like ten minutes now and I'd honestly prefer to not even give them the business if I can since I hate them.

HAAAAAALLLLLPP!!!! I need to hear this album.

Edit: Best Buy said they have it but I'll leave this thread open just in case anything goes awry.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 10:07:30 AM by black_floyd »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: What stores are selling ADToE special edition?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 01:08:45 PM »
This is GD, bad boy  :police:

Anyway, support your local kickass independent record store; that's what I'm doing  :)
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

• DT.net Member
Yep, in N. Carolina ya gotta take what you can get. Fuck Best Buy.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:23:39 PM »
Me too! I found this charming little place with a dizzying array of modern tech devices, media, and appliances called Best Buy.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 01:50:35 PM »
Yeah, Best Buy should have it.  They've had all versions of SC and BC&SL at release.  They even had ADTOE in the local ad on Sunday over here, including the Special Edition.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 01:53:58 PM »
Me too! I found this charming little place with a dizzying array of modern tech devices, media, and appliances called Best Buy.

I lol'd way too hard.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 01:57:47 PM »
Best Buy does have it, so if you can't find it anywhere else, that's a good fallback plan.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: Yep, in N. Carolina ya gotta take what you can get. Fuck Best Buy.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 07:48:44 PM »
:|

So wait, is the "special" edition the one that you pay $4 extra for and get the drummer reality TV show thing? 'Cause that's the only difference I saw so I just went with the regular one...

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 08:41:37 PM »
I'm in the same boat. Pre-ordered the SE from OmegaOrder (which is RoadRunner's 'official store') months ago and it didn't arrive today. Only reason I got it there was because I don't like to get everything from amazon, but apparently everything except amazon sucks.

OK, so I'll get the regular edition today, maybe $15, whatever, no problem. Closest Best Buy to my house is 30 miles. I checked Wal-Mart, Target, and Hot Topic with no success. FYE had the SE for $25 (yes, $10 more than the MSRP price) so I said fuck that and left. Only other DT things they had were one copy of SC and CiM.

The physical media industry is biting it hardcore. There is nowhere to get CDs of good music anymore; FYE has a decent selection but really cater to pop. I was hoping ADTOE could break into the top five, but with every store having 86 copies of Lady Applebottom or whatever the hell it's called for $10 and no ADTOEs at all, fat chance. And I thought RR was supposed to promote the band better than the last guys?

/mini rant

• DT.net Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 08:46:13 PM »

Did you read my retitled subject line?

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 08:51:30 PM »
When the Omega Order thing got delayed, I went to Amazon and chose the 1 day shipping. I'll have it tomorrow!

However, now that leaves me with 3 copies of the special edition, 2 copies of the vinyl edition, and 1 standard CD.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 10:17:16 PM »

Did you read my retitled subject line?

:lol, not until just now!

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 01:41:54 PM »
When the Omega Order thing got delayed, I went to Amazon and chose the 1 day shipping. I'll have it tomorrow!

However, now that leaves me with 3 copies of the special edition, 2 copies of the vinyl edition, and 1 standard CD.
Did all Omega Orders get delayed or just the box set?

If it's everything, then that's bullshit.

Offline TheCor

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 02:10:15 AM »
I went to my local mom and pop record store hoping to find the special edition but instead found that they hadn't ordered any copies of the album at all.  Checked a few other stores and ultimately the only place in (my rather small) town that even had the regular edition was Walmart....so rather than driving a half hour to the nearest Best Buy, I decided I could live without a physical copy of the documentary and bought it from Walmart.

Offline mikedt

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 10:32:36 AM »
I also order the Special Edition (Pre-Order). It is the 15th and have yet to receive it. I am wondering if all orders via Omega are on back order. I sent them an email and waiting for reply. Why preorder if you can't get it the same day of release? The omega website sucks!

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 04:11:08 PM »
When I went to Best Buy the Special Edition was the only one they had.