Author Topic: Alice In Chains  (Read 23614 times)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Alice In Chains
« Reply #385 on: May 07, 2018, 09:22:47 PM »
Just got the Jar Of Flies/Sap vinyl. For some reason Rotten Apple is by far my favorite AIC song. It's just so desolate and soul draining in a strange comforting sort of way.

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #386 on: May 08, 2018, 03:21:27 AM »
Rotten Apple is incredible

And there's been times where shit has been going real rough in my life and I swear, the Rotten Apple, nutshell combo has brought me back out of it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 06:40:27 AM by Phoenix87x »
He died as he lived. With a smile on his face.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #387 on: May 08, 2018, 07:33:12 AM »
Just got the Jar Of Flies/Sap vinyl. For some reason Rotten Apple is by far my favorite AIC song. It's just so desolate and soul draining in a strange comforting sort of way.

SAP is where it's at.  For my money, that's AiC's best work. "You... were always so far away...."

Offline Mladen

« Reply #388 on: May 08, 2018, 12:26:07 PM »
I don't mind the tempo, a lot of the better AiC tunes are slow or barely midtempo. But if the songs aren't there, tempo can't rescue the record.
That was my main issue with Dinosaur. Luckily the new song doesn't suffer from it.

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #389 on: May 19, 2018, 10:38:21 PM »
Just got back from seeing them. It was pretty awesome. The setlist was rock solid except the new song which stopped the momentum dead and the audience was not in to it and neither was I.

I cried during nutshell. And the rest of the songs were mental.

It was great, but I do wish I could have seen them with Layne. Duvall did a great job, but it just wasn't quite the same.
He died as he lived. With a smile on his face.

Offline Anxiety35

« Reply #390 on: May 22, 2018, 01:31:51 PM »
They are a great live band.

Offline Ninjabait

« Reply #391 on: May 27, 2018, 11:26:18 AM »
So I just listened to the new song (just learned that they dropped a new single today oops) and it's definitely different. I wasn't really expecting how nasty that main riff sounds. Not something I'd ever thought I'd say, but it reminds me of Opeth or Porcupine Tree more than anything. Verses and outro are probably the highlights of the song imo. Chorus feels a little weak to me. That's my initial reaction to the album. It has made me rather curious to hear the rest of the album.