Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine/Deadpool  (Read 10520 times)

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
Re: X-Men/Wolverine/Deadpool
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2011, 11:13:52 AM »
At least you got to see the guy from Black Eyed Peas die painfully. :)

I haven't seen the movie in a long time (for obvious reasons), but when they go to get that meteor or whatever, was that vibranium or adamantium?

I don't remember.

Offline Deadpool

• Formerly CountVoorhees
  • KrotchRaut Rules!
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2011, 11:15:28 AM »
Tyler Mane should have at least been Sabertooth again, not Liev Schreiber.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2011, 11:17:11 AM »
I thought Liev was awesome. Sure he was a totally different character, but at least I cared about him. The Sabertooth from X-Men might as well have been named "Evil Henchman 1".
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Deadpool

• Formerly CountVoorhees
  • KrotchRaut Rules!
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2011, 11:33:51 AM »
Tyler Mane could have pulled it off, they just underused his character in the first one, which pissed me off. Mane also looked like how Sabertooth should have looked like in the movie. Liev did do a pretty good job considering the movie was shit but personally, I don't think they should have cast him.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »
Agreed.  Liev Shcreiber was superior.  This and X-Men: First Class are pretty ripe with continuity errors.  The latter of which would be pretty strong if it could just make up its mind on whether it's a prequel or a reboot.  As it is, it's incredibly half-assed and only follows the other films when it's most convenient.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2011, 11:35:40 AM »
Agreed.  Liev Shcreiber was superior.  This and X-Men: First Class are pretty ripe with continuity errors.  The latter of which would be pretty strong if it could just make up its mind on whether it's a prequel or a reboot.  As it is, it's incredibly half-assed and only follows the other films when it's most convenient.
I take it as a reboot, because there's so many continuity errors that I can't think of it as a prequel.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »
Tyler Mane should have at least been Sabertooth again, not Liev Schreiber.

As much as I like Tyler Mane, the character in this film needed more acting chops. Lots of dialogue and such. I think Liev did an excellent job and was one of the highlights of the film.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2011, 11:44:11 AM »
Let's all just pretend that Origins was a Syfy original movie. That way, there will be no questioning whether it is canon or not, because lol portnoy... I mean, lol Syfy.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2011, 05:41:22 PM »
I take it as a reboot, because there's so many continuity errors that I can't think of it as a prequel.

Agreed, even though the director says it's a prequel and there are clearly a number of attempts at making it that way.  I just wish they would commit to one or the other.

Online Adami

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2011, 05:43:43 PM »
The director said it was a prequel? I mean.........aside from the Logan cameo and the intro, there's nothing linking them.

Also, he told the actors to completely dismiss the previous performances of the characters and do their own thing, which is why Michael didn't speak with any kind of British accent.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »
The director said it was a prequel? I mean.........aside from the Logan cameo and the intro, there's nothing linking them.

Also, he told the actors to completely dismiss the previous performances of the characters and do their own thing, which is why Michael didn't speak with any kind of British accent.

I believe he admitted to it in an interview, yeah.  There are some things like the young Magneto scenes, Mystique's appearance, the cameos, and some other stuff that's not coming to me off the top of my head.

Online Adami

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2011, 09:32:43 PM »

I believe he admitted to it in an interview, yeah.  There are some things like the young Magneto scenes, Mystique's appearance, the cameos, and some other stuff that's not coming to me off the top of my head.

Let's see, the beginning stuff with Erik, Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Stamos, I'm trying to think of other aspects that linked it but I can't come up with it. Obviously there's way more stuff that doesn't link it, like Erik having a totally different accent, Beast now being around 60 something in X3, Xavier no longer being able to walk in X3 (the beginning), Storm being a nickel and dime prostitute in the streets of Las Vegas, Erik no longer helping Xavier build Cerebro, Alex Summers being like 20 years older than Scott Summers, etc. It's a great movie (minus the ending) but it's a horrible prequel if that's what it's supposed to be.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2011, 07:48:49 PM »

Let's see, the beginning stuff with Erik, Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Stamos, I'm trying to think of other aspects that linked it but I can't come up with it. Obviously there's way more stuff that doesn't link it, like Erik having a totally different accent, Beast now being around 60 something in X3, Xavier no longer being able to walk in X3 (the beginning), Storm being a nickel and dime prostitute in the streets of Las Vegas, Erik no longer helping Xavier build Cerebro, Alex Summers being like 20 years older than Scott Summers, etc. It's a great movie (minus the ending) but it's a horrible prequel if that's what it's supposed to be.

Yeah, Cyclops' "little" brother could almost be his father.  And don't forget that Moira MacTaggert is in her 30's, but to coincide with X3, she'd have to be about negative six.

And Xavier/Mystique.  It's not like they just met once, that would be no big deal.  Now it's like they grew up as brother and sister. 

But, Matthew Vaughn doesn't seem to care.  https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=21023

Online Adami

« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2011, 07:53:12 PM »
I was fine with the Xavier/Raven relationship, I didn't think it contradicted anything in the other movies.

And yea I forgot about Moira. I love that they got an Australian actress to play what is supposed to be an Irish character as an American.

Mathew seemed to really want to change up accents, between making Erik was sounded like American, and of course making Moira America etc he just seemed to not care about the peoples voices from the other movies.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »
I was fine with the Xavier/Raven relationship, I didn't think it contradicted anything in the other movies.
Apart from Mystique and Xavier being complete strangers when they first see each other in X-Men, no it doesn't. Also, didn't she go into the mansion completely undetected in one of the movies? You'd think Xavier would know, seeing as they grew up together.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online Adami

« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2011, 08:33:16 PM »
Apart from Mystique and Xavier being complete strangers when they first see each other in X-Men, no it doesn't. Also, didn't she go into the mansion completely undetected in one of the movies? You'd think Xavier would know, seeing as they grew up together.

On a related note.................HEY LOOK OVER THERE!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2011, 08:35:11 PM »
The greatest telepath in Earth, duped by the oldest trick in the book!

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2011, 08:38:25 PM »
Yeah, not to mention X1 being the first meeting between Magneto and Wolverine.

"That metal doesn't run through your whole body, does it?" (paraphrasing)

Online Adami

« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2011, 08:39:27 PM »

Well if I'm not mistaken Logan didn't have the metal in First Class. And I doubt you'd expect anyone to remember someone they met for 5 seconds 40 years later.

Also, I can easily explain why X doesn't remember Raven.............................he got shot in the head which conveniently erased all of the important memories but nothing else.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2011, 09:01:37 PM »

Well if I'm not mistaken Logan didn't have the metal in First Class. And I doubt you'd expect anyone to remember someone they met for 5 seconds 40 years later.

Also, I can easily explain why X doesn't remember Raven.............................he got shot in the head which conveniently erased all of the important memories but nothing else.

Right right right.  I forgot that he didn't have the metal yet.  Point conceded.