Author Topic: Awesome videos  (Read 21261 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Awesome videos
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2013, 09:45:47 PM »
Dolphins creating air rings under water and playing with them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHyTOcfF99o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

From 0:30 on.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2013, 10:04:59 PM »
Awesome and insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20CLumT2Sg

At first i thought it said Time and Attitude!  :lol

Holy crap. The amount of concentration must be insane. There's so many spots where a single mistake would be fatal.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2013, 01:17:50 AM »
Dolphins creating air rings under water and playing with them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHyTOcfF99o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

From 0:30 on.
Them whale rings!  :omg:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2013, 01:45:53 AM »
1:30 is the funniest thing I've seen since that gif of a manatee headbanging to a group of traditional mexican players  :rollin
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2013, 05:39:11 PM »
World champs in Beatboxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVAka_y3BC0

I can't stop laughing at the noises they make but...shit got definitely real when they started to battle in 7/8!  :coolio
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2013, 05:54:34 PM »
This one is for all of you guys on DTF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOyuy81o0M0

Me.

Being shot in the face.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2013, 01:30:24 AM »
Interesting choice of music!  :rollin

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2013, 03:55:05 AM »
This one is for all of you guys on DTF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOyuy81o0M0

Me.

Being shot in the face.

I recognize those Action Essentials blood spatters. I have the same collection. It's very handy. :hat

Fun little video too.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2013, 06:24:33 AM »
Yeah my bro was showing me how to use AE - and we kinda made a video at the same time.

The music is perfect ;D very monty python I think.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2013, 07:03:13 PM »
The Blue Angels

I'm fascinated by the pilots and their skills to do what they do. I just love people that are very good at what they do no matter what I guess. The precision, skill and experience you must have to become a Blue Angel pilot fascinates me more than the actual show in a way.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2013, 02:18:14 AM »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2013, 10:41:15 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yz8cizr6sI

Sub-seven minute lap at Nurburgring. Be sure and check the 1080 version at full screen.

Seven minutes has been the benchmark for a while, and now hybrids are starting to blow past that. This is Porsche's 918 hybrid. Some interesting things to note. You can see the speedo when he straightens out the wheel. The car seems to top out at a measly 170 M/h (280 K/h), so I'm guessing that the biggest difference maker is the 2.8 second 0-60; a benefit of torque on demand. Also, there are some great things to listen to (other than the engine noise). You can hear him bottom out on some of the grade changes. You can also hear him run over some rumble strips. Also, on the back straightaway, he uses the red knob to adjust the power profile of the car to eek out maximum speed over acceleration (which doesn't seem to make more than a couple of kph difference). 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:04:35 AM by El Barto »
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2013, 01:20:31 AM »
FYI, that would be 7 *minutes* per lap, not 7 seconds :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2013, 08:04:57 AM »
FYI, that would be 7 *minutes* per lap, not 7 seconds :lol
Yeah, that wouldn't even be fun to watch. Modified my post.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2013, 01:50:30 AM »
Casting a fire ant colony with molten aluminum. Very cool, and tbh, fuck fire ants anyways....

https://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2013/12/fire-ant_colony_molten_aluminu.html

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2013, 06:06:36 AM »
That's cool Lonestar! I want that for my Festivus celebration!!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2013, 08:05:10 AM »
That's awesome. I remember them doing that to a monster ant hill in Blob's back yard a few years ago. They used concrete due to the size.

E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2014, 04:22:29 AM »
I love roaring engine sounds and this tickles that at the right spot and yet it scares me just as much:

Engine test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O-JWddgagk

Racing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08rnibuSlvE

Can't think of a more dangerous thing to put your butt on.  :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2014, 07:53:17 PM »
Holy shit! After 3 pages of awesome videos I think we have a winner at this point. Also, read some of the comments. The 373 down voters are pretty vocal (and insane).

Fireworks filmed with a drone

As always spend the bandwidth on the 1080 version.

Also, I perused through the first 3 pages and a lot of the videos are of course dead links now. Everybody should include a video title when they post something, as a few of them sounded like they'd have been worth hunting down for newcomers or rewatches.
E.F. Benson

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • það besta sem guð hefur skapað er nýr dagur
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2014, 07:18:44 AM »
Saw that on reddit a few days ago. Too bad the music is so tacky!

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2014, 12:17:13 PM »
Fucking Catalina Wine Mixer...

Yeah the music was pretty stupid. Especially the cunts whining about safety. IT'S ALL DANGEROUS, YOU'RE BLOWING SHIT UP IN THE SKY YOU FUCKING TWATS. Then again I hate fireworks. I really don't understand the massive amounts of love the US gives them. The first few times I saw 'em, sure, awesomely awesome. After that they're just loud and annoying to me. If I wanna see big explosions and tons of colors I'll take some E and go to a Michael Bay movie and not get bitten by thousands of mosquitos and have to deal with drunken cumquats and scared children and whiny dogs and *sounds of gunfire and screaming people*

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2014, 01:01:37 PM »
Holy shit! After 3 pages of awesome videos I think we have a winner at this point. Also, read some of the comments. The 373 down voters are pretty vocal (and insane).

Fireworks filmed with a drone
Boats and hoes.
Listen! Do you smell something?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2014, 04:54:52 AM »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2015, 02:58:17 PM »
Sry for double post but i've binged watched Blue Angels videos for the last couple of days. This is probably my favourite so far:

https://youtu.be/brB3p4MkP6o?list=LL4_z5MyLieFskFPIRs9xUPg

They way he uses his rudder pedals to slide into formation at 0:41 is beautiful to watch.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »
Awesome stuff man, I remember seeing a Raptor at an airshow a few years back, most amazing shit ever.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2015, 02:09:37 AM »
Awesome stuff man, I remember seeing a Raptor at an airshow a few years back, most amazing shit ever.
Yea the F-22 Raptor is a beast. The channel that I linked before has some great F-22 videos if you wanna check out.

My favourite is probably the F-35B, everything about it seems so high-end and it also have STOVL and VTOL capabilities like the Harrier which makes it very versatile.

Some cool videos showing STOVL:
F-35B Lightning II
AV8B Harrier II

Interesting fact, apparently the Harrier is a bitch to fly especially when doing vertical landings because you manually have to control the vertical thrusters (so big props to the pilots) whereas the F-35B from what I understand has a buildt in system of some sort that helps it stabilize in vertical mode, i'm not really sure how it works but in short it's much easier for the pilot to control basically.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2015, 03:02:14 PM »
To Climb An Iceberg in 4K

Some stunning nature shots. Would be a dream to just tag along on that boat and experience that environment first hand, absolutely stunning although i'm perfectly fine skipping the climbing part.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2017, 01:36:09 PM »
Damn, that London firework yesterday was pretty epic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0qPC46McwA&feature=youtu.be

Love how synced it was with the music and the diffrent colors and fireworks they use depending on the music. I love how the finale just gets bigger and bigger.

Would love to see a behind the scene and what it takes to direct/produce a show like that.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:36:54 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2017, 05:14:21 PM »
That's pretty incredible footage.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2017, 01:03:25 PM »
This is a wonderful idea. It's surprisingly humanizing. From Wired:

Venture into space and you may experience a phenomenon called the overview effect. It comes with seeing Earth, a small, blue marble, against the vastness of space. Everything suddenly seems small, yet marvelous. Astronauts who’ve felt it have described an intense feeling of connectedness with humanity, and a profound euphoria similar to what you might experience in deep meditation.

Two creative technologists have created an oddly mesmerizing website that provides something approximating the overview effect, by drawing on the most mundane thing you might imagine: YouTube videos.

Astronaut.io shows an endless stream of random videos against a view of the planet from low Earth orbit. Scenes from a high school weight lifting competition might follow a birthday party in Texas that follows a man in Russia repairing his motorbike. You never know what to expect, yet the videos share something in common.

Andrew Wong and James Thompson created an algorithm that seeks videos fitting specific criteria: uploaded within the past week, with generic file names (IMG, MOV WMV) as titles, and zero views. The result is a fascinating glimpse at the mundane, perplexing, and oftentimes sweet events of everyday life.

While I don't care much for the background imagery, they do a very good job of portraying the vastness of Earthborn reality. At any given moment, millions of people are fucking like banshees. People are holding the hands of loved ones as they die. People are giving birth. People are fighting, praying, marrying and begging for scraps. This tries to show you random slices of that reality.

https://astronaut.io/
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2017, 01:20:22 PM »
This is a wonderful idea. It's surprisingly humanizing. From Wired:

Venture into space and you may experience a phenomenon called the overview effect. It comes with seeing Earth, a small, blue marble, against the vastness of space. Everything suddenly seems small, yet marvelous. Astronauts who’ve felt it have described an intense feeling of connectedness with humanity, and a profound euphoria similar to what you might experience in deep meditation.

Two creative technologists have created an oddly mesmerizing website that provides something approximating the overview effect, by drawing on the most mundane thing you might imagine: YouTube videos.

Astronaut.io shows an endless stream of random videos against a view of the planet from low Earth orbit. Scenes from a high school weight lifting competition might follow a birthday party in Texas that follows a man in Russia repairing his motorbike. You never know what to expect, yet the videos share something in common.

Andrew Wong and James Thompson created an algorithm that seeks videos fitting specific criteria: uploaded within the past week, with generic file names (IMG, MOV WMV) as titles, and zero views. The result is a fascinating glimpse at the mundane, perplexing, and oftentimes sweet events of everyday life.

While I don't care much for the background imagery, they do a very good job of portraying the vastness of Earthborn reality. At any given moment, millions of people are fucking like banshees. People are holding the hands of loved ones as they die. People are giving birth. People are fighting, praying, marrying and begging for scraps. This tries to show you random slices of that reality.

https://astronaut.io/

Cool concept, kind of boring video if you ask me.  But I do like the idea.  What I immediately noticed in not just your response, but the videos too, is that it's missing two things that we spent most of our earthly time doing.  Sleeping and working.  Some of the videos may be able to say they are of "working" but I feel like someone sleeping needs to be in that video at some point (and maybe I missed it).

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2017, 01:26:03 PM »
Both valid opinions. At the same time the boringness is actually important. The mundanity of it all is key, as pointless, fruitless tasks are something inherent to us all. Moreover, if you were to include specific things then the whole point would be lost. The randomness is what makes it cohesive as an overview, and some guy washing his POS Yugo is common to us all while being completely different to our own reality. 
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2017, 01:29:26 PM »
Both valid opinions. At the same time the boringness is actually important. The mundanity of it all is key, as pointless, fruitless tasks are something inherent to us all. Moreover, if you were to include specific things then the whole point would be lost. The randomness is what makes it cohesive as an overview, and some guy washing his POS Yugo is common to us all while being completely different to our own reality.

Totally.  It's just not fun to watch imo, but it makes sense and I do like the concept of it.  I really like how they grabbed the videos on youtube with no views, because then you know it's the shit that is really so mundane and yet so ordinary to humanity.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2017, 04:58:26 PM »
I wonder if it updates the count, so the guy who posted a private video of his daughter to send to gramps and nanna suddenly sees 2.4 million views. In any case, I agree that it's not fun. I just accept that being fun would defeat the purpose.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2017, 05:10:12 PM »
Yea that's right, it's not about being entertained but putting things into perspective I guess, which it does.