Author Topic: Awesome videos  (Read 21259 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Re: Awesome videos
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOyuy81o0M0

A short video my brother and I made using Adobe AE.

Beware : NSFW  :biggrin:

:lol :lol

The music is perfect.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 04:47:03 PM »
I know - we were in fits watching it back.

The timing is everything.  :biggrin:

Offline Ħ

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 04:50:44 PM »
One of my favorite videos that has never lost its awesomeness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6omsDyFNlk

:drool:
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 05:02:06 PM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 07:08:33 PM »
That was pretty awesome. Very creative usage of his kit.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • það besta sem guð hefur skapað er nýr dagur
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »
Just a gif:

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2013, 04:17:19 PM »
If I were this good at playing Snake, I'd never leave the house again.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline jsem

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »
Now that is a gif.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2013, 06:46:05 PM »
I'm sure it's nothing grandiose, but I'd like to see a translation of that message.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2013, 09:15:03 PM »
I think it's a slap in the face that that person played so well and the game teased them by not even using real letters to make the message.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2013, 12:09:49 PM »
It really saddens me that I'll never be able to do this. Even if it hadn't been closed off a few years back, there's a skill set required to get there that I lack.

This is the second power plant built at Niagara; mothballed back in 70's. It's about half a click upstream of the Horseshoe Falls. Water enters through a large tunnel, drops 10 stories nearly vertical down penstock tunnels into the generator room, and then heads out through the tailrace back to the river. In this case, the tailrace ejects behind the curtain of the Horsehoe Falls. Getting to these tunnels is the Holy Grail of urban exploration. Aside from it's awesomeness, it was incredibly challenging to get down to it, and very few people managed it. Here's video of a vantage point of Niagara Falls that only a handful of people have ever seen.

https://vimeo.com/15063037
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2013, 12:20:07 PM »
Thx for the post! I love watching Urban exploration videos so i will be watch this as soon as i'm free.  :tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2013, 12:34:10 PM »
I want that 15 minutes of my life back!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »
I don't know, I mean, it's not that he would have lost his finger if "sawstop" didn't work. He's moving toward it so carefully that he would notice it if it wouldn't have worked, because moving as slowly towards the blade as he does he wouldn't have lost a finger anyway.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »
Yea but that is for real and no sane person would ramm their finger into a running saw blade to test a safety function even if they trust it 100%. I would much rather have a severe scar than to lose a finger.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2013, 04:54:51 PM »
I don't know, I mean, it's not that he would have lost his finger if "sawstop" didn't work. He's moving toward it so carefully that he would notice it if it wouldn't have worked, because moving as slowly towards the blade as he does he wouldn't have lost a finger anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCdfOWUfgUw
How 'bout that, Mister doubting Mustafa? Sure it got nicked a bit, but the whole thing wasn't severed.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2013, 08:47:32 AM »
Well, the speed towards the saw is much higher... In the first video if he even felt the slightest touch of the blade and it didn't go down he would never go further.

I'm not doubting Sawstop, it seems like a great system but I'm just saying that I wasn't all that impressed by him showing it off with his finger the way he did. If he went towards it with considerable momentum like the sausage in the second video then I might be impressed, because if Sawstop didn't work in that case he would lose his finger.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »
Well, the speed towards the saw is much higher... In the first video if he even felt the slightest touch of the blade and it didn't go down he would never go further.

I'm not doubting Sawstop, it seems like a great system but I'm just saying that I wasn't all that impressed by him showing it off with his finger the way he did. If he went towards it with considerable momentum like the sausage in the second video then I might be impressed, because if Sawstop didn't work in that case he would lose his finger.
According to the sausage video, he would still get cut, though he just wouldn't lose a finger. Why willingly cut himself?
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2013, 03:31:57 PM »
I know, I know... :D All I'm trying to say is that I wasn't impressed... Let's just leave it at that :)

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2013, 04:39:08 PM »
I don't get what's not to be impressed about? It's the invention that's impress me, the point that he's not forcing his finger into a sawblade dosen't matter because again no sane person would ramm their finger into a running saw blade even if it's 100% safe. The invention is there to lower the risk for cutting of your fingers but that dosen't mean you should stop treat it like a dangerous tool.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2013, 04:59:24 PM »
Samurai cuts through various objects, like halving a pea pod perfectly, and slicing through an airsoft gun bullet as it flies toward him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj1Jytiw8e0
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

• DT.net Member
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2013, 01:44:18 PM »
Watched it all. Very fast 10 minutes indeed. God bless them kooky Japs.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2013, 01:46:51 PM »
dude

whoa

P.S. Awesome translation.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2013, 06:49:05 AM »
Who pulled the plug on this lake?

Just need to watch the last couple of minutes.  That lake is like nomnomnomnomnom
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2013, 02:42:47 AM »
The families of the victims of flight UTA Flight 772 that exploded over sahara desert in 1989 have bulidt a memorial to commemorate the 170 people that died during the terrorist attack.

Pretty awesome i must say:

https://imgur.com/a/2BpKA

• DT.net Member
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2013, 11:01:33 PM »
Wow. Kinda made my eyes well up a little bit. Partly from the sadness of it all, partly from my immense respect for the surviving loved ones' ability to even look at anything remotely airplane-shaped (let alone building something of that scale) despite having such obviously tragic mental associations with it, and partly from how admirable it is for them to orchestrate something of that magnitude nearly 20 years after it occurred.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2013, 03:17:39 PM »
Awesome and insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20CLumT2Sg

At first i thought it said Time and Attitude!  :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2013, 07:23:57 PM »
Awesome and insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20CLumT2Sg

At first i thought it said Time and Attitude!  :lol
When it comes to road racing videos, nothing beats the original. This is a low res version of it, but it's worth DL'ing the full, remastered version. Damn fine way to spend 9 minutes.

C'etait un Rendez Vous
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2013, 09:59:57 PM »
Must keep up with this thread.
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2013, 01:27:23 AM »
C'etait un Rendez Vous
That is insane. I held my breath every time he drove through a red light at 90 km/h or so. Apparently the guy's a film director. Crazy, man.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2013, 11:03:40 PM »
C'etait un Rendez Vous
That is insane. I held my breath every time he drove through a red light at 90 km/h or so. Apparently the guy's a film director. Crazy, man.
If you haven't already, find a torrent for the high quality version of that. Full screen makes all the difference. And yeah, he was a film director and that was just his idea of art. Legend has it that the Paris Police arrested him after the film was shown, for obvious reasons.
E.F. Benson

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2013, 02:00:24 AM »
I like it a lot, it's very good (because it is real).

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2013, 04:26:35 AM »
C'etait un Rendez Vous
:corn

GoPro with Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet
Flying low with a Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

Man I remember as kid watching Top Gun and dreaming of becoming a fighter pilot. If I were to rank the most mind blowing profession you could have, fighter pilot is up there because the journey to actually become a real fighter pilot is such an abstract thing to comprehend. I guess in a way i'm more fascinated by the person flying and what it takes to actually succeed with a profession like that.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2013, 08:33:06 AM »
Yeah, really don't know how to describe this except holy crap!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dnDeo0yhIws