Author Topic: Awesome videos  (Read 21198 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Awesome videos
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2017, 03:56:06 PM »
How to Make Handmade Candy With Fairmont le Château Frontenac

Never really thought about the process for making candy was so interesting, makes you appreciate the craftmanship more.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2017, 09:20:42 PM »
How to Make Handmade Candy With Fairmont le Château Frontenac

Never really thought about the process for making candy was so interesting, makes you appreciate the craftmanship more.

I work at a Fairmont property. Our pastry chef needs to pick up her game big time. Very impressive work.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2017, 02:18:34 AM »
It didn't occur to me that the motive in the candy would stay the same when you roll it out, I thought that was really clever even though it makes alot of sense when you think about it.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2020, 05:43:48 AM »
Didn't know where to put this and I didn't wanna create a new thread. It's not really awesome per se more stuff from nightmares atleast if your in the centrum but i'm still kind of fascinated by it and that stuff like this exist that we can defend ourself from incoming missiles. I'm guessing it's pretty much hell on earth when those things activate, the sound must be immense.  :omg:

Phalanx CIWS shooting/defending at night

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2020, 08:41:49 AM »
Didn't know where to put this and I didn't wanna create a new thread. It's not really awesome per se more stuff from nightmares atleast if your in the centrum but i'm still kind of fascinated by it and that stuff like this exist that we can defend ourself from incoming missiles. I'm guessing it's pretty much hell on earth when those things activate, the sound must be immense.  :omg:

Phalanx CIWS shooting/defending at night
I've always wondered why there's no civilian variant of that to be put on freighters. Piracy would end. The distinctive shape would become such a deterrent that phony ones would be just about as effective once the first few boats got turned into confetti.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2020, 07:14:18 AM »
I usually catch this guy's videos, but not sure how I missed this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta0VLqgdaIo

Flight over the Bahamas on a Paramotor.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2020, 06:30:18 AM »
That is really cool. When I read paramotor I was thinking of an ultralight aircraft, I used to see those in Florida all the time. I don't think I've ever seen this.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2020, 03:52:40 AM »

Offline dparrott

« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2020, 06:48:58 PM »
I found this channel where these dudes climb extraordinary high places/buildings and shoot videos.  Insane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uqpwo-8gJ8
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2020, 07:11:07 AM »
Very few videos make me as uneasy as these do

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2020, 03:33:39 PM »
People are using machine learning to remaster, colorize, and stabilize very old movies. This is probably as close as we can get to seeing what life was like 130 years ago. Interestingly, much of it looks the same, and yet there are things that jump out at you as starkly different. One thing you immediately notice is that people were actually more into photobombing then than they are now. And damn, talk about beards!

[60 fps] A Trip Through Paris, France in late 1890s

His YT channel has 8 or so other videos from different cities. NYC is also interesting, but I actually recognized more of Paris than NY.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2020, 07:33:17 AM »
I saw the NYC video a little while back but didn't realize there were more. Those videos are mesmerizing.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2020, 02:23:34 PM »
People are using machine learning to remaster, colorize, and stabilize very old movies. This is probably as close as we can get to seeing what life was like 130 years ago. Interestingly, much of it looks the same, and yet there are things that jump out at you as starkly different. One thing you immediately notice is that people were actually more into photobombing then than they are now. And damn, talk about beards!

[60 fps] A Trip Through Paris, France in late 1890s

His YT channel has 8 or so other videos from different cities. NYC is also interesting, but I actually recognized more of Paris than NY.
This is so amazing, what a diffrent time in so many ways. To think that everyone of those people had a lifestory to tell and not a single one is alive today. It's a bit to abstract to fully comprehend I think.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2020, 12:35:07 AM »
With Cyberpunk 2077 in the news, I thought it would be a good time to post these here! :tup

https://youtu.be/sttm8Q9rOdQ

https://youtu.be/0VoX3vr6CCM

Here is a part 1 and 2 of an awesome documentary series, discussing the Cyberpunk genre. Made by a channel called Indigo Gaming, these are really in depth examinations of the genre. Everything from the most well known Cyberpunk movies like Blade Runner, to Japanese anime like Akira or Ghost in the Shell. From some well known novels like Neuromancer, to less well known tabletop role playing games. Even some really obscure B-Movies. :lol

These are long, but I highly recommend these if you have time spare. With gyms closed down in my area due to Covid, I know that I have a lot of time to waste. :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2021, 10:09:06 AM »
The Man in the Iron Lung

I have no words  :'( Paul is amazing!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2021, 02:20:19 PM »
After that morbidly depressing fellow, howabout a snowball fight from the 1800s. I love how they all stopped fighting each other and turned on the guy on the bike when he showed up. And nary a kid in the lot of them is what really makes it special. This made my day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaYfi-A7xY0
E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2021, 03:47:10 PM »
How can you call that depressing when it's literally about a man fighting for his chance to live a life. He lost everything as a kid but still manages to find a way to enjoy his life while living in a freakin pressure tank for the rest of his life...

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2021, 12:55:08 PM »
Here's a fun project to follow. Colin Furze is a builder/inventor and his latest project is building a tunnel between his garage, house and bunker.

DIGGING A SECRET TUNNEL Part 1
Part 2

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2021, 01:17:32 PM »
Here's a fun project to follow. Colin Furze is a builder/inventor and his latest project is building a tunnel between his garage, house and bunker.

Part 2

Holy crap thats a cool bunker. Really cool project. I see part 3 was posted earlier today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIe5GKyLPek&ab_channel=colinfurze

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2021, 01:44:10 PM »

Part 2

Holy crap thats a cool bunker. Really cool project. I see part 3 was posted earlier today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIe5GKyLPek&ab_channel=colinfurze
Damn that's gonna be alot of work!  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2021, 05:36:32 AM »
I've always sort of dreamed of a secret room in my back yard.  Not a cold sterile bunker, but like the coolest man-cave ever, but underground.   Don't know why it appeals so much...

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2021, 06:01:33 AM »
I've always sort of dreamed of a secret room in my back yard.  Not a cold sterile bunker, but like the coolest man-cave ever, but underground.   Don't know why it appeals so much...

Natural habitat for lawyers, I'm guessing.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2021, 07:09:12 AM »

Haha, but who can I screw over if I'm buried in my back yard??!?!?   :) :) :)

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2021, 08:26:37 AM »
In a similar vein, I can recommend this guy's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxByVUuLdxxiqQVmbOnDEzw

He's building a log cabin from scratch, by hand, in Sweden. The videos are quite therapeutic.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2021, 08:29:52 AM »

Haha, but who can I screw over if I'm buried in my back yard??!?!?   :) :) :)

Mabye, just maybe you're the one screwed.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2021, 09:36:38 AM »
In a similar vein, I can recommend this guy's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxByVUuLdxxiqQVmbOnDEzw

He's building a log cabin from scratch, by hand, in Sweden. The videos are quite therapeutic.
I found this guy's channel and thought the exact same thing. It's quite relaxing watching this guy do his thing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc1ufNROdAxto9Fr0jnEE2Q
E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2021, 11:44:43 AM »
Cool, so many creative people on YT, I love it. I wish I was as handy as my father was, he loved building projects and stuff like that. I get a headache from Ikea furnitures.  :laugh:

I guess whenever I get my own house that's when that gene comes alive or atleast I imagine it will.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2021, 12:32:37 PM »
DIGGING A SECRET TUNNEL part 4

It seems very well planned.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2021, 03:24:29 PM »
Kind of seems like the most fundamental part of building a secret tunnel would be to not post youtube videos about it, but what do I know.

I saw a video about 5150 (the studio) the other day, and Ed had to be kind of clandestine about the whole thing to get around permits and codes and whatnot. Officially, the last seven VH albums were recorded in Ed's Racquetball court. I suspect this guy means hidden, rather than secret. Otherwise, he might be in for some unexpected trouble.
E.F. Benson

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2021, 06:35:48 PM »
Kind of seems like the most fundamental part of building a secret tunnel would be to not post youtube videos about it, but what do I know.

That's not how the British do things.

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2021, 12:26:36 PM »
The Guy Who Figured Out How Snowflakes Work

Such a fascinating topic, I love to listen to passionate people.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2021, 04:03:01 AM »
Diggin a tunnel part 6:

https://youtu.be/-IjKRK-ORSs

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2022, 02:49:52 AM »

Part 2
Colin Furze is amazing. I first got hooked years ago when he made Wolverine's claws.
Listen! Do you smell something?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2022, 01:48:17 PM »
Hole In Earth Leads To Massive 220 Foot Drop

Sounds kinda like a clickbait title but this ones legit. That's pretty scary finding a hole like that in a forest. Very cool though and if I wouldn't be so freaky about heights that would be a cool thing to find and explore.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2022, 02:27:24 PM »
Hole In Earth Leads To Massive 220 Foot Drop

Sounds kinda like a clickbait title but this ones legit. That's pretty scary finding a hole like that in a forest. Very cool though and if I wouldn't be so freaky about heights that would be a cool thing to find and explore.

Really cool and scary (specially after the 7 minute mark).