Author Topic: This email sounds so legit v. Troll the scammers  (Read 22735 times)

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
Re: This email sounds so legit
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 10:26:27 AM »
I got this email back:

Dear, Gallagher

Thanks for your response to my mail.this is not a joke i want you to understand this is real,I knew that this offer will be a surprise to you as we have never meet before,I would have do this transaction alone without contact you as a citizen of this country Togo,i am not qualified to represent next of kin to a foreigner,is upon this i decided to contact you,to stand as next of kin to decease man

I hope that you are doing great today i received your mail,This transaction is all about one of our bank deceased customer Jose Gallagher who died in a car accident 2005 with his wife include their only daughter,Note carefully that the holding bank will not ask questions based on the family lineage of the depositor rather will approve the funds on the basis of information evidence and banking information of the deceased that has to come from you,I can assure you here that i have everything that will qualify you as his next of kin that is why you must rely on my guidance and directives to enable us achieve success.

I am a national of Republic of Togo and no questions shall be asked you based on the deceased.Therefore,any information the holding bank may request from you to approve the inheritance fund you have to forward it to me as i am aware you do not possess any of these information It is wishful to understand that banks here does not rely on the conduction of a DNA or blood test to determine next of kinship,hence you are legally qualified to receive the funds as long as you are willing to follow my directives.

Your role will be simple.You will be required to stand as the claimant or next of kin to this fund while I will be furnishing you with information which the bank might request so that the funds will be approved into your names.You shall also provide an existing account offshore where this fund if approved by the bank,will be transferred into.In this case,you will be required to open a new bank account or use your existing bank account to receive this fund.Note that our inheritance laws does not discredit one's nationality as long as the claimant has all the relevant correct information relating to the deceased,which i shall aid you with.I understand we are living in a very wicked world where there are a lot of faceless and masked people out to ruin people but i pray that God opens your mind’s eyes to see the legality and genuinely nature of this matter.Before we commence this transaction,i will appreciate you assure me the followings,

1.That this funds will be safe in your hands until i come over for sharing or/that you will reimburse my share of the fund accordingly percentage 50/50,knowing quite well that i am not qualified to be presented to this claim,hence the custody/possession of the fund immediately after the release and transfer process changes to your rights of bona fide beneficiary.

2. That you will not cheat/betray me at the very end of it,since my entire hope depends on you and as it took me time to begin this consultation with you based on this transaction and as such will not want anything to jeopardize the success of this project.

3. That you will treat this transaction with utmost maturity and confidentiality without any involvement of any third party considering the nature of the project and the amount involved.This will guarantee us total safety during and after the transaction.This will also guarantee my safety here in this country since i am still in the services of this bank,this should remain a secret between you and me till we get the fund transfer out of here to your country,

4. That you will participate in this transaction without bias,with respect and compliance to the bank’s constituted internal regulations in line with conditions of beneficiary/next of kin fund transfer,which will guarantee the transfer of this fund to your designated bank account.I await your comment and also anticipate your utmost co-operation if your ready for the transaction i will like to speak with you on telephone.feel free to call me +228 90238764

Sincerely
Mr Koffi Adamu 

what do
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 10:33:10 AM »
someone help me think of something

I'm in class like all day so I won't even be online
I AM A GUY
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 10:44:43 AM »
I'd definitely suggest at the end of the exchange giving completely false bank details, see what happens.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 10:45:39 AM »
^^^ That is probably not a good idea

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 10:47:16 AM »
Well why not?
I AM A GUY

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2011, 10:48:45 AM »
It could be someone's real info. Or you could be charged with fraud.

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »
there's no way I'll guess someone's real bank account info...
I AM A GUY

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2011, 10:50:33 AM »
I'm sure the person trying to fraudulently trying to taking Ryan's bank details isn't going to report Ryan for giving fake bank details.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 10:52:29 AM »
I'll read that sometime later when I have an hour to spare, Jesus Christ.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2011, 10:52:52 AM »
I think I'm going to ask the guy in my next email if he's ever heard of "tl;dr"
I AM A GUY

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 10:53:41 AM »
Hey

I gave you that idea

Don't lie

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2011, 10:54:01 AM »
What? I just thought of it...
I AM A GUY

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 10:55:15 AM »
lol

suuuuuuuure

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2011, 10:57:21 AM »
okay fine it was you

help me think of what to send this troll
I AM A GUY

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »
Ask him if he'd like to buy some fresh, top-of-the-line propane courtesy of a gentleman you're in good standing with.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2011, 11:00:30 AM »
Response should be something like:

Thank you for your assurances.  They have certainly helped me to make my decsion.  I have prayed and thought long and hard about your proposal and I believe helping you is the right thing to do.  I also did some research on my own to try to confirm some of the details of what you are telling me, but was unable to find much that was helpful, other than learning that your country is apparently famous for its delicious sandwiches if I am not mistaken.  But that is beside the point.  I stand ready to assist you as your faithful servant and can come up with at least 419 reasons why I should help you.  Please provide me with further instructions.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2011, 11:01:58 AM »
Bosk, that's pretty good. I think we might be able to run with the sandwich thing too.
I AM A GUY

Offline IJewBear

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
The sandwich mention is pure gold.

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2011, 11:14:49 AM »
Alright, Justin is on it. He'll make this awesome hopefully.
I AM A GUY

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2011, 11:16:23 AM »
Fingas crossed.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »
Sweet.  Good deal.  Scam these fuckers right back.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2011, 11:38:47 AM »
Mr. Adamu,

I do appreciate your assurance that you're not giving me the runaround. I was very excited about this business venture, and I told my pastor about it. He warned me that God's plan is sometimes tricky, but I have faith that my lord would not steer me down the wrong path. The news that a relative of mine has passed so tragically has hit my entire family very hard. Though, the fact that there are more good men out there willing to split up his fortune is a very beautiful thing. I raise my glass to you, sir. I am also very thankful that you have taken care of the paperwork to make this transaction as smooth as possible. I am glad that I have been chosen to receive this money, however my thriving plastic surgery practice is more than enough. I will likely donate the money to a charity. As to your numbered concerns:

1. I will most certainly split the funds with you. They will be kept in a very advanced safe that I change the combination of daily.

2. I would never cheat or betray such a kind-hearted gentleman such as yourself. Our lord Jesus Christ forbids it.

3. The only third party involved will be my lord, Jesus. I tell him everything. I will be sure to let my pastor know that I haven't gone through with the deal, to put him at ease. Deception is a sin, but in cases such as this, I can let it slide.

4. Indeed. Unfortunately, I do not own a telephone. I feel like they disconnect people from the reality of God. We will have to communicate strictly through e-mail, I'm afraid.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Gallagher
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2011, 11:54:45 AM »
Unfortunately, I do not own a telephone. I feel like they disconnect people from the reality of God.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2011, 11:56:29 AM »
Sending asap.
I AM A GUY

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2011, 11:59:02 AM »
Dont hop on board just yet. I think one more email expressing concerns should be sent before discussing commitment.

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2011, 12:00:31 PM »
Haven't sent it. Still open for suggestions. I'm in class though so I can only check here periodically.
I AM A GUY

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2011, 12:05:09 PM »
 :corn
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2011, 12:15:22 PM »
Ultimetalhead. This post is acknowledgement that you are deserving of a high-five, even though I cannot deliver it to you.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2011, 01:30:56 PM »
I sent the email as Justin wrote it. Can't wait for a response.
I AM A GUY

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2011, 07:06:16 PM »
Dont hop on board just yet. I think one more email expressing concerns should be sent before discussing commitment.
I could see why you'd think that, but these guys have tons of people they're scamming as we speak. They will be unlikely to deal with a skeptic.

Ultimetalhead. This post is acknowledgement that you are deserving of a high-five, even though I cannot deliver it to you.
o/

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »
Greetings I received your mail,I need your seriousness over this transaction.It does not matter whether you are truly related to the deceased man or not what matters which is also the most important is the ability of any one applying as the next of kin to decease man to provide correct information to bank,i can assure you i have the information here concern US$5.500.000,all the information will be provide to you on the bank demand,

Like i said before I knew that this offer will be a surprise to you as we have never meet before I would have do this transaction alone without contact you as a citizen of this country Togo,i am not qualified to represent next of kin to a foreigner,is upon this i decided to contact you,to stand as next of kin to decease man If you follow my advise and instruction we will achieve the money transfer out of here easy my focus it to achieve the money transfer out of here for our better future.

Your duty is to stand as next of kin to decease man Jose Gallagher I can assure you i have the information here concern this money US$5.500.000 all the information will be provide to you on the demand.

I want you to be rest assured of me and this transaction with the believed hope that my intention for contacting you over this transaction which i believe will change our individual financial lives and that of our families is for Good,Open attachment my family photo you will see me my wife also my 2 children.

I wait your comment so that we can hope of getting the money transfer out of here for our better future i will send application claim form to you which you will fill and send direct to bank demand for release and transfer of this money i will fly to your country to meet you immediately the money transfer out of here feel free to call me +22890238764.

Sincerely
Mr Koffi Adamu

Attachment:

gogogo Justin
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:36:12 AM by zxlkho »
I AM A GUY

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2011, 11:37:05 AM »
didn't someone once get a scammer to bake a cake with a greeting written on it?  Find that webpage, and do that Ryan.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2011, 11:37:35 AM »
Holy fuck. Good stuff. Give me about an hour.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2011, 11:46:21 AM »
didn't someone once get a scammer to bake a cake with a greeting written on it?  Find that webpage, and do that Ryan.

Yes, yes someone did.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2011, 11:49:15 AM »
Mr. Adamu,

I appreciate the need for seriousness. I am a bit of a silly person from time to time, but I will most certainly try to tame my natural personality for you. I respect you greatly as a fellow man of Chris. I understand that it doesn't matter if I'm related to our dear friend Jose or not, but I like to think that I am. I can feel God telling me that he was a distant relative of mine. Praise be to the lord!

This offer was not a surprise to me. My horoscope said that good economic times are in my future. I also told my pastor about this horoscope and he told me not to believe everything I hear. What does he know, anyway? I understand this transaction completely, and am ready to proceed. Our financial lives will most certainly improve greatly in this venture. However, my financial life is fairly stable as it is. Why, just this morning, I made a couple thousand dollars off a lad named Hayden who wanted to be turned into a girl. The operation was a complete success.

Your wife is beautiful. If I wasn't a man of Christ, I'd certainly give her some red hot lovin. Same goes for your children.

I will gladly sign all forms. However, I must ask that you sign the enclosed form for my bank. I am part of a very progressive Christian bank, and they require the form to be filled out for transactions greater than $2,000 US DOLLARS. I warn that the form will seem slightly weird. This is the bank's way of making sure you are a trustworthy human being with a sense of humor. I don't like the form either, but we won't be able to proceed unless you fill it out.

Again, I must remind you that telephones are a vehicle of Satan, and I do not own one. We will have to communicate through e-mail only.

Love,
Gallagher
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:59:02 AM by Ultimetalhead »