Author Topic: When did you feel you were part of the forum?  (Read 19456 times)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: When did you feel you were part of the forum?
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2011, 06:33:37 AM »
My son was/is a huge Invader Zim fan, and insisted on showing me certain episodes that were just so amazing that I had to see them.  To this day, whenever someone mentions bacon, he shouts "Bacon!" (not always loudly, but in the voice) and whips out quotes from Zim and Gir.  I recognized the Tallest and just saw another avatar, a rather well-chosen one, actually.

We are all a product of our experiences, it seems.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2011, 07:34:17 AM »
because of all the purple or whatever i dont remember and the fact that the only people i knew who were really big into invader zim were women....... no offence :lol

I'd be willing to bet that none of those women were actually into Invader Zim, and they just squealed at Gir in Hot Topic. It's too bad that the only legacy the show has is Gir shouting about bacon, tacos, or taquitos.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2011, 07:34:34 AM »
Taquitos!!!!! My boyfriend loves Zim.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »
One of those girls was my ex... I guess she isnt much of a fan because I downloaded the entire series and she has yet to watch it.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"