Author Topic: TesseracT  (Read 75529 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: TesseracT
« Reply #385 on: November 18, 2015, 10:36:30 PM »
I just got back from sound check and talking a little bit with James from Tesseract. I couldn't stay for the whole show, I have to get up at 5 AM for work. But the whole band signed my CD, and I picked up a T-shirt and a hoodie. And James sat down and answer five questions for jammin dudes neighborhood.

https://youtu.be/HmLIbeI6Hzc
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #386 on: November 19, 2015, 02:15:43 PM »
Nice, maybe I'll buy their disc there and get it scribed by the gang to add to my collection, definitely gonna score some shirts to add. Love obscure band shirts (my best being a local band called the Quart of Blood Technique :) )

It helps that the show is the first day of a nine day vacation for me as well.  :biggrin:

Sweet dude! If they're not all around then just ask one of the boys to round up the rest of the band and they'll come sign it! I'm actually wearing one of my ERRA shirts right now! They had my favourite merch designs at the show! The Contortionist had some really cool stuff too!

I just got back from sound check and talking a little bit with James from Tesseract. I couldn't stay for the whole show, I have to get up at 5 AM for work. But the whole band signed my CD, and I picked up a T-shirt and a hoodie. And James sat down and answer five questions for jammin dudes neighborhood.

https://youtu.be/HmLIbeI6Hzc

Thats sick dude! James is really down to earth, as are all of the dudes!
May The Force Be With You.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #387 on: November 21, 2015, 12:49:06 AM »
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Tesseract just killed it, I'm totally drained. Of Matter was just perfect.

Other bands were solid as fuck too,with Erra as my favorite. Skyharbor was a great starter, and Contortionist were good, though the vocalist was tripping me out, not sure if he was fucked up or just acting, but it was fucking weird. Great four hours ofmusic overall tthough.

My view of the show...

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:12:21 AM by lonestar »

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #388 on: November 21, 2015, 02:19:40 AM »
Nice dude! Glad you had a good time. They're friggen great live!

I'm glad you dig ERRA too! I'll pass that on to the guys for ya.  :coolio

As for the contortionist's singer - I asked Jordan, their bassist, and he said that's just part of his act. It fucking weirded me out though too! But it kinda added to the ambience of the performance for me once I figured it out after the fact.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #389 on: November 21, 2015, 04:05:17 AM »
I'll still have to wait until next summer to see TesseracT  :'(
Hope it's worth the wait!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #390 on: November 21, 2015, 10:47:04 AM »
Nice dude! Glad you had a good time. They're friggen great live!

I'm glad you dig ERRA too! I'll pass that on to the guys for ya.  :coolio

As for the contortionist's singer - I asked Jordan, their bassist, and he said that's just part of his act. It fucking weirded me out though too! But it kinda added to the ambience of the performance for me once I figured it out after the fact.

Good to hear. I was impressed with the San Fran audience, usually they are a mellow lot, but they really brought their A game for last night, even had a healthy pit going for all the bands except Skyharbor. (fortunately it was behind me hahaha)

Also, here's a brief video clip, had I known the sound would come through this well up front, I would have shot more. Was also worried about having my phone kocked out of my hand...

https://www.facebook.com/oskirules/videos/833195923445183/?pnref=story

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #391 on: November 22, 2015, 11:03:26 PM »
Nice dude! Good to hear the crowd was in it! Sounds like they were having all sorts of technical difficulties but they didn't care because the crowd was killer!

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: November 26, 2015, 04:33:38 PM »
Has anyone here gotta a VIP ticket for any of the shows to check out Tesseract's soundcheck and a meet and greet? I'm curious how many fans are at the meet and greets.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #393 on: November 29, 2015, 09:37:23 AM »
Heres hoping I can go to the show tonight. 
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #394 on: November 30, 2015, 10:27:19 AM »
I ended up making it and what a show it was.

Skyharbor played sans vocalist. When I went to go smoke a  ciggy, I overheard one of the guitarists say to another  person the vocalist was sick and barely made it in Denver. So I guess we got a special instrumental set from them. He also said this is the smallest venue they've played so far on this tour.

Erra was pretty good as well, didnt really see them much.

The Contortionist was badass as always. They had Vocal mic issues for the first two songs, which sucked but have still growled loud.

Tesseract, Awesome set and Daniel did a nice job on Ashes parts. They were surprised at our energy from the start, and how loud we are for a small venue.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online goo-goo

« Reply #395 on: November 30, 2015, 04:04:03 PM »
What's the merch for Tesseract? Catching them tomorrow in Austin  :metal

Does the band hang around after the show or did you stalk them to get your cd signed? Polaris has been kicking my ass lately.

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #396 on: November 30, 2015, 10:48:40 PM »
What's the merch for Tesseract? Catching them tomorrow in Austin  :metal

Does the band hang around after the show or did you stalk them to get your cd signed? Polaris has been kicking my ass lately.

I didn't hang around in Calgary because I was on the guest list and hung out with them Pre Show, but anyway I saw peoples pictures on social media from them hanging around outside the venue after the gig. But Couldn't say for sure.

As for merch they had a couple t shirts - a white and coloured album shirt - then a black and white polaris album shirt, they had a black hoody, a snapback hat, and then a flag.

Has anyone here gotta a VIP ticket for any of the shows to check out Tesseract's soundcheck and a meet and greet? I'm curious how many fans are at the meet and greets.

In Calgary there was only 5 or 6, if that so you'd get a decent amount of time with the band if the same is for wherever you'll see them. but who knows what the turn out will be like from place to place.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #397 on: November 30, 2015, 11:08:33 PM »
for those that have been to the shows, what is the band order?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #398 on: November 30, 2015, 11:09:40 PM »
for those that have been to the shows, what is the band order?

Skyharbor
Erra
The Contortionist
Tesseract

Online goo-goo

« Reply #399 on: December 01, 2015, 08:23:57 AM »
Thanks YtseCullen for the info.

I'm cranking up Polaris here at work big time. It gets better and better with every spin. Keep putting Survival on repeat for a few times. Kick ass song.

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #400 on: December 01, 2015, 02:46:06 PM »
Thanks YtseCullen for the info.

I'm cranking up Polaris here at work big time. It gets better and better with every spin. Keep putting Survival on repeat for a few times. Kick ass song.

No problem dude! and yeah man! I can not over play this album no matter how many times I spin it. So good!

Online goo-goo

« Reply #401 on: December 01, 2015, 08:49:34 PM »
Watching them live as we speak.... :metal

Tompkins sounds amazing. Great front man

Online goo-goo

« Reply #402 on: December 02, 2015, 12:17:42 AM »
Wow. I am speechless with Tesseract. Probably in my top 3 shows of all time. The band gave it all and the crowd was energized. Dan's voice is pure gold. He dis not miss a note and his voice did not break at all.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #403 on: December 25, 2015, 06:23:44 PM »
Polaris is kicking my ass in the best way possible. I'm not sure what the rest of their discography is like as I just got into them recently with this album, though I do remembering hearing a song from Altered State a while back but I couldn't tell ya which one and don't even know if I'd remember it when I inevitably check it out. But I'm excited to dive into a new band. I've spun the album a good handful of times and still want more, definitely one of the better albums of this year. Great balance to the rest of the music I've been listening to lately which has mainly been roror-based music with a hint of clean vocals so it's nice to get the opposite end of that with equally awesome instrumentals. Hell of a voice to boot.

Stemming off that...I gotta ask, what in the hell is with the revolving door of vocalists?  :lol One comes in for an album, leaves, another joins, leaves, another joins, previous one rejoins... WWWWWUT? Kind of makes it a little intimidating to get into a band like that... I read brief Wiki articles but they didn't have much info on the why's of it all so I'm wondering if anyone here knows.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #404 on: December 26, 2015, 04:39:23 AM »
I think Dan left because he didn't feel that he could live the "band life" because he wanted to start a family and have time for that. I don't know why Elliot Coleman left though, but it was probably for the best since almost no Tesseract fan liked him. Ashe left for the usual "creative differences" thing. What that actually means I don't know.

It has definetely been a frustrating thing to experience, but at least we're back at Dan now who was and is my favorite of all their vocalists. So that's a good thing that has come out of it, and hopelly he'll stick around for good now.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #405 on: January 24, 2016, 08:07:43 AM »
So since a few people in the survivor section showed interest in a survivor, I figured I'd ask here if so there would be enough participants.
Would anyone be up and partake in a TesseracT survivor? I'd run it pretty similarly to the Periphery survivor.  :tup

Offline Sir Walrus Cauliflower

« Reply #406 on: January 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM »
Sure, I'll participate.
I feel strangely honored to be following up a post from Sir Walrus Cauliflower.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #407 on: January 24, 2016, 02:57:12 PM »
Me too.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #408 on: January 24, 2016, 03:06:43 PM »
today while looking through my CD collection I discovered that I actually did have a physical copy of TesseracT's first album and I didn't think I had one  :lol

also i'd do a TesseracT survivor for the first two albums but I also don't remember most of the songs by name except Eden and Calabi-Yau, sooo...

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #409 on: January 24, 2016, 03:08:50 PM »
Just keep Calabi-Yau alive until the Altered State top 3 and I'll allow you to join.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #410 on: January 24, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »
just do Altered State as four songs instead of 10 :neverusethis:

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #411 on: January 24, 2016, 03:14:25 PM »
Of Reality  :metal  :metal

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #412 on: January 24, 2016, 04:18:44 PM »
So we might get around 6-8 participants. That was the average for the Periphery survivor and it worked out so I guess it should be enough to get through TesseracT.

Just keep Calabi-Yau alive until the Altered State top 3 and I'll allow you to join.

That would be my first vote on Altered State actually :neverusethis:

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #413 on: January 24, 2016, 07:37:03 PM »
:footloose:

Offline krands85

« Reply #414 on: January 25, 2016, 09:42:38 AM »
I'll be in for a survivor too.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #415 on: January 25, 2016, 06:23:59 PM »
Very well then, I'll try to get the survivor up and running somewhere around the 8th of February. I'll probably create the main thread a bit before that to sort out some issues and discuss a few things.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #416 on: February 02, 2016, 12:39:55 PM »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #417 on: February 02, 2016, 01:55:04 PM »
 :metal

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.