Author Topic: TesseracT  (Read 75630 times)

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: TesseracT
« Reply #245 on: September 06, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »
Just discovered that Dan's other project White Moth Black Butterfly just put out an album. It is amazing, just a fantastic atmosphere trough the whole thing, and he is a great singer.

Offline Xenon

« Reply #246 on: September 06, 2014, 12:24:24 PM »
I discovered that project thanks to this thread, and yes, is amazing. I'm gonna check that new album.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2014, 01:21:46 PM »
New song, "A Principle God," from Ashe's band Voices From the Fuselage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8X1Er-xMw&list=UU0QUPlPsQ9uM8jd5-fH-2wA
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2014, 08:40:36 AM »

Offline Deathless

« Reply #249 on: October 01, 2014, 06:07:36 AM »
Nothing big, but Tesseract announced they signed with KScope records (Steven Wilson, Katatonia, Anathema).

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #250 on: October 08, 2014, 11:32:48 AM »
Saw them day before last in Gothenburg, and it was awesome. Dan really impressed me too, really delivering on mostly everything things. The one thing I felt was a bit off was the highest vocal parts of Nocturne, but I understand that those melodies are tailored to Ashe's voice, which was a bit lighter than Dan's.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #251 on: October 15, 2014, 05:15:05 AM »
Dan's other band, Skyharbor, just released a new music video! I think it's made by the same person who did the video for Steven Wilson's The Raven that Refused to Sing! :o :drool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIoDRnoalrg
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Xenon

« Reply #252 on: October 15, 2014, 07:52:59 AM »
Dan's other band, Skyharbor, just released a new music video! I think it's made by the same person who did the video for Steven Wilson's The Raven that Refused to Sing! :o :drool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIoDRnoalrg
It is.
and it's awesome.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2014, 08:46:35 AM »
Yeah, Jess Cope.  Definitely the same person.  She's sure been busy the past year or two.  Her videos are really awesome.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #254 on: October 15, 2014, 09:21:04 AM »
Really good song, and great video.

Offline krands85

« Reply #255 on: November 07, 2014, 09:58:47 AM »
Just saw on their Facebook page that they've had to cancel their gig tonight in Glasgow because their tour bus has broken down and they weren't able to get to Scotland. I'd decided not to go along this time anyway, as it seems they're playing the same set as they did the last time I saw them 18 months ago, but obviously it sucks for everyone who was planning to go - especially those who've travelled.

Amos looks hilarious in the picture they put up though  :lol

Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #256 on: November 07, 2014, 10:56:17 AM »
Quasimodo
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: December 18, 2014, 10:13:22 AM »
I watched some recent live videos last night of Daniel performing the Altered State material with Tesseract.  I notice that he goes to falsetto in a few of the more powerful parts that Ashe would belt out full force.  I didn't really care for that at all, but other than that he sounded really good.  Just a little weary of the falsetto.  He's definitely miles ahead of Ashe in terms of stage presence though, in my opinion.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #258 on: December 18, 2014, 02:25:54 PM »
Yeah, the Altered State vocals were definetely modeled after Ashe's quite honestly 'girlier' voice. I can't wait to see some more of Dan's stuff on the next album, which I was always more a fan of in the first place.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: February 18, 2015, 10:11:14 AM »
The YouTube updates for the upcoming Voices From the Fuselage album sound pretty Killer.  That's the band of singer Ashe O'Hara now that he's out of Tesseract.  The good thing is that its prog metal.  I love his voice over prog metal and I was worried that would be over when he left Tesseract.  Luckily, that's not the case.  This sounds very promising: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FeXKbzf7ac

Also, new live album/dvd coming out this spring for Tesseract and a new album slated for September, according to this month's Prog magazine.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #260 on: February 18, 2015, 11:09:16 AM »
^ I checked out their EP 'To Hope'. Cool stuff. Nothing overly exciting really, but still interesting.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #261 on: March 02, 2015, 07:42:41 AM »
Also, new live album/dvd coming out this spring for Tesseract and a new album slated for September, according to this month's Prog magazine.

:caffeine: :caffeine:

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #262 on: March 02, 2015, 04:07:02 PM »

:caffeine: :caffeine:

:hefdaddy Can't wait to hear Dan back with the band! He was mindblowing on last year's Skyharbor album!
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2015, 01:34:51 PM »
Oh yes! Awesome album, and the vocals are stunning.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #264 on: March 21, 2015, 12:11:26 AM »
Trailer for the upcoming live CD/DVD:
https://youtu.be/lrT0YXTvH1E :caffeine:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #265 on: March 21, 2015, 02:02:29 AM »
Yeah, just heard about that on Twitter.   :metal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #266 on: March 21, 2015, 03:59:30 AM »
There will be a vinyl but no BluRay :facepalm:

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »
Ex-Tesseract vocalist Ashe O'Hara appears as a guest vocalist on a video from Dzyen.  See link below.  It's still early to tell, but I think he might be my new favorite vocalist.  Love his voice.  Gotta see how he sounds on the upcoming release of Voices From the Fuselage, which is now his main band.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJmjl5WLSbw
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:33:26 AM by Mebert78 »

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2015, 10:33:56 AM »
Yeah Ashe is great. Though this particular song is not my favorite. It's okay, nothing more. His vocals definetely makes it better.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2015, 10:59:09 AM »
I'm new to this band, and I've been listening to Altered State recently. It's good, but not fantastic, in my opinion. I like the sound they have and some of the songs in the first half are quite good, but everything after Exile just feels subpar.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2015, 11:31:48 AM »
I used to feel that way after "Exile" too.  I think that's bound to happen though, because that song is just absolutely phenomenal.  I started to better appreciate the album's second half when I listened to them on their own -- without listening to the album's first half.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:29:09 PM by Mebert78 »

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2015, 11:35:08 AM »
I'm new to this band, and I've been listening to Altered State recently. It's good, but not fantastic, in my opinion. I like the sound they have and some of the songs in the first half are quite good, but everything after Exile just feels subpar.

I seem to like Altered State as a whole more than you, but I totally agree about where the album's strength lies. It's clearly during the first half. Proxy, Retrospect, Resist and Exile are all great, and after that it's 'only' good. Though I really do like Eclipse as well.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: April 01, 2015, 11:09:25 AM »
Documentary following Tesseract as it becomes the first band to perform on a stage made of ice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAP2pu9xZSs

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #273 on: April 01, 2015, 01:53:27 PM »
Very cool. huehuehuehue

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #274 on: April 01, 2015, 02:30:54 PM »
Yay, Finland, the true Lapland!
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #275 on: April 01, 2015, 03:12:10 PM »

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline adace

« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2015, 02:11:36 PM »
New clip from the upcoming DVD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAodZJhE_Ws

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #277 on: April 10, 2015, 11:58:36 PM »
Awesome performance. Though it's a bit too rapidly edited and filmed, I can never really focus on anything properly.

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #278 on: April 12, 2015, 12:25:56 AM »
^ Thats my main issue. Not sure how I feel about this style of editing for a whole DVD.
May The Force Be With You.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #279 on: April 13, 2015, 08:51:01 AM »
Awesome performance. Though it's a bit too rapidly edited and filmed, I can never really focus on anything properly.

Totally agree.  It was giving me a headache when i watched it.  I couldn't comfortably enjoy the performance because the editing was so jumpy.  Hope the rest of the DVD isn't edited that way.