Author Topic: Soda  (Read 49972 times)

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Soda
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2011, 12:11:33 PM »
I drink diet coke like all the time. its kinda bad. i drink diet cause im diabeteic lol.. i need to find a healthy substitute. ive tried so many times to just give up soda.. but im really having a hard time lol

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2011, 12:13:44 PM »
Dr. Pepper.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline DarkEternalNight

• I take the "the" out of psychotherapist
  • GODDDD ISSSS DEAAADDDD
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2011, 12:15:44 PM »
Love soda, but I recently gave up all "bad" foods/drinks.

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »
I'm surprised by how many people have given it up here, tbh. I drink the stuff like crazy. Then again I'm an 18 year old bum. When I was at college (read: not living at home) I would drink around 12 liters a week, mostly diet (not for lack of sugar, I like the taste better), almost always caffinated. It'd be all I'd drink, except an energy drink or two just about every other day and occasionally some coffee.

Looks like I have the least healthy habits here  :lol

Online chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2011, 01:17:06 PM »
I used to drink soda like a mad woman. Probably a 6 pack a day or so. I decided that probably wasn't very healthy and now limit myself to one caffeinated drink a day with lunch. When I did that, I dropped 10-15lbs relatively fast.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2011, 02:56:25 PM »
I used to drink loads of sugary soda but I don't anymore, it plays hell with my bladder and gives me really bad pain. I'm a sucker for diet sodas though, I adore fizzy drinks and still drinks just don't quench my thirst at all. I'm happy with plain soda water or carbonated water, though, it just has to be cold and fizzy.
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2011, 02:58:27 PM »
I only ever had Sprite/7UP when I go to restaurants or what ever.

At home, I just drink water.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »
Besides the excess calories, my main problem with it is that it's worthless for actual hydration. If I'm drinking soda, I'm not drinking water. It doesn't take long for that to make my body feel terrible.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2011, 04:24:56 PM »
I think because of how much healthier I have been eating (especially eliminating a lot of carbs/all grains including corn), if I do drink a sweet soda of any kind, it makes my teeth feel brittle and very sensitive.

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2011, 04:37:19 PM »
Around the end of high school I started drinking less of it. But since then I have pretty much abandoned it except maybe a diet soda every few days at most.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2012, 01:03:49 PM »
I just tried Mountain Dew White out for the first time.

Didn't really like it  :tdwn     It seemed like it could have been good, but the after taste ruins it.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2012, 01:14:11 PM »

https://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_mountaindew_whiteout_01.jpg

Didn't really like it  :tdwn     It seemed like it could have been good, but the after taste ruins it.

Why would you ever expect white out to taste good?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2012, 01:17:20 PM »
 :rollin

I'm itching to try the new Sierra Mist flavor for summer (strawberry kiwi) but I can't find it anywhere. :facepalm:

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2012, 01:20:57 PM »
I drink a lot of Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi. Usually at a restaurant I'll have 2 or 3 glasses. For some reason fountain soda from restaurants tastes much better than cans and bottles that are sold in stores. At home I mostly drink Diet Raspberry Snapple and water. I'd be able to give up soda easily but I'm addicted to Diet Raspberry Snapple. I have to have at least 1 a day.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »

https://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_mountaindew_whiteout_01.jpg

Why would you ever expect white out to taste good?

I was hoping it was gonna have like a lemonade thing going on, but sadly no.  :sad:

Oh well, at least it wasn't as bad as this:

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2012, 01:25:07 PM »
OMG, YUCK!!! :puke:

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2012, 02:17:11 PM »
I only ever had Sprite/7UP when I go to restaurants or what ever.

At home, I just drink water.

This basically, although I drink Fanta when I'm out somewhere.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »
I used to drink a lot of Dr. Pepper and Ginger Ale, but two years ago I swore myself off of them and switched to the diet varieties.  I'll treat myself with a Blenheim Ginger Ale if I can find it (South Carolinian spicy Ginger Ale) but other than that I avoid nondiet sodas like the plague.

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2012, 03:24:19 PM »
I only drink Diet Coke because it bloats me up at lunchtime so I can't eat anything else...Not exactly the best reason to drink soda I have to admit :')
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline WDADU

• Are you justified?
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2012, 03:31:05 PM »
I'm fighting very hard to cut back on bad foods and drinks because I really need to lose the weight. I now drink only one or two Cokes a week (and that's on Saturdays) and a "treat" (chips/ junk food) and that is it. For the other six days, I only eat my meals, one glass of milk a day, sometimes a bottle of Coke Zero (albeit, not often), and nothing else in between meals unless it's a fruit or vegetable. I am feeling better already. And I find that when I do have my Coca-Cola on Saturdays--and other treats--I enjoy it more because I don't have them often.
Brave
Murder
Day

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »
I have successfully cut all soda out of my diet. feels fucking good. I quit cold turkey too  :metal

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »
I used to drink soda. I think my favorites were Dr. Pepper and Sprite. Never cared much for Coke, and I never liked Pepsi at all.

However when I was like 17, I just randomly decided to never drink soda again. And almost 10 years later, I still haven't. Easy as hell to give up for me, I haven't even had carbonated water.

But yea, Soda's pretty bad for you. But now a days, it seems most people are hooked on energy drinks or the like, never understood those either.

Same except now it's been 5 years for me.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2012, 06:27:37 PM »
I drink quite a bit, but only quite specific brands and flavours. I love Coke, Vanilla Coke and Schweppes Lime. Mountain Dew is okay occasionally. Would never drink anything else.

My favourite drink in the whole world is Lemon, Lime and Bitters, which, unfortunately, I've never encountered anywhere outside Australia and New Zealand - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon,_Lime_and_Bitters

Plus, when it comes to alcohol, about half my drinks are Coke mixed with something.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2012, 06:28:01 PM »
I drink way too much diet soda.  Right now I drink about two cans during a week day (one with lunch, one with dinner) but I drink 32 oz drinks from 711 or wawa fairly regularly if I go to such a place.  Id like to cut back cause its so bad for you, but its also sooo tasty and gives me a bit of caffiene.  When Ive tried to stop in the past, I get bad head aches.  Im definitely addicted.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2012, 06:50:21 PM »
I drink too much soda; it's the main thing that keeps me going during the stressful academic year. I know I should stop but I keep putting it off. Soda is probably my main vice. Coke and Dr Pepper are my favorite sins.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2012, 07:06:46 PM »
I've pretty much cut all soda out of my diet, with one exception:

If I'm really feeling fatigued or tired while in class or studying then I will have a can of Mountain Dew. But not all the time. I do drink a shit load of water though.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2012, 10:16:30 PM »
I'm about 96% certain that they put crack in Dr. Pepper.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2012, 10:18:30 PM »
I'm about 96% certain that they put crack in Dr. Pepper.

QFT - I used to be a hardcore Dr Pepper addict.

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2012, 08:28:22 AM »
I used to drink it all the time...I loved grape soda, hard.  We had a bunch of glass bottled sodas at our wedding and we had like a case of coke left over from it.

But I'm more of a coffee drinker.  You get your caffeine more efficiently.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2012, 08:33:20 AM »
I don't drink any soda besides the occasional sprite on an airplane...
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline John94

« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2012, 09:39:14 AM »
I used to drink a lot of "Fizzy drinks" used to go through 8-12 cans of Coke Cola in about a week sometimes. Used to love me some Dr Pepper and Energy Drinks.

But, I haven't touched any fizzy drinks or beverages since September 2011. No real health reason, bit of reflux so I wanted to cut it out. Has it helped me? No, not really. Do I miss fizzy drinks? Not really either. I would happily drink water and cordials and not care anyway.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2012, 10:36:48 AM »
Dr. Pepper is probably my favorite tasting soda, but I feel crappy afterward almost 100% of the time.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2012, 08:43:42 PM »
I recently lost a lot of weight, and a lot of that weight had come from drinking too much soda.  So while I absolutely adore soda (Sprite is my favorite, followed closely by most other kinds), I also sort of hate it.  Nowadays I drink Sprite when I go out to dinner.  Other than that, the only soda I drink is Coke Zero. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2012, 10:13:50 PM »
I love soda.  And I crave it.  All the time.

I successfully weened myself off it for awhile there and giving it up aided in my losing 30 pounds last year. 

And then I started working a second job, and I find myself without time to work out, and without time to prepare meals the way I would like to (or time to eat when I'm not on the run).  So I slowly fell out of the healthy habit and I'm now hooked on soda again.

I've already started to put the weight back on.  :|
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.