Author Topic: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album  (Read 683695 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album
« Reply #2345 on: February 12, 2017, 04:43:57 PM »
I've always been drawn to bands that expand their music and sonic horizons.  Doesn't Ean they can't go back to their strengths but I admire that.

After Chris left they lost everything.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #2346 on: February 14, 2017, 08:23:30 AM »
For the most part I stick with the 83-94 material as that's clearly the best.

But taking select songs from the subpar albums, you can make a pretty good single album. I know that's not saying much for a band over a 15 year period, but I'll still acknowledge some good songs.

For me, say an album with You, Spool, Liquid Sky, Breakdown, Right Side of My Mind, Great Divide, Art of Life, Hostage, Murderer, ReArrange You, 30,000ft and DMW would get a very regular spin from me

Agreed on 83-94. I also tried the compilation-type of record for some of the records. I basically start with Q2k, include the non-CDG era tracks of Tribe, and then MC 2, Take Cover, American Soldier and D2C. In no order, the compilation consists of:

Howl, When the Rain Comes, Right Side of My Mind, Liquid Sky, Breakdown, Sacred Ground, Falling Down, Tribe, Rhythm of Hope, The Great Divide, Re-Arrange You, Murderer, One Foot in Hell, Hostage (I much prefer the non-MC II Tribe era demo), At 30k Ft., DMW, The Killer, Man Down, and At the Edge. That's pretty much what I pull from those eras that isn't the full original band. Good songs. But clearly, not the same.

HITNF is a prime example of an album that become immediately better when you condense it and bring it down to say 10 songs. Would still remain average or slightly above, but it would benefit

Again, totally with you. HITNF was undercooked. And while by design, it's a design I think just didn't work for QR. For me personally, I always thought this would make a much better HITNF:

Sign of the Times
You
The Voice Inside
Some People Fly
Reach
Saved
Hero
Hit the Black
Chasing Blue Sky
spOOL

>>>>Admittedly, I'm not as high on Some People Fly, Saved, and Chasing Blue Sky as some others, but think they'd really provide some depth to the record if it was only 10 tracks are presented above.

Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2347 on: February 14, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »
I love Hit The Black. Anytime Anywhere too.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2348 on: February 14, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »
I like the version of Hit the Black on Live Evolution.

That's a great live album btw.  I think Geoff's vocals work well on that one.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2349 on: February 14, 2017, 03:32:01 PM »

It is pretty good. In retrospect, I think Kelly's guitar playing on the older stuff sticks out like a sore thumb. But quality-wise, the DVD is pretty amazing. And as a double disc goes, that's a pretty well rounded set from the band's catalog up to that point for sure.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2350 on: February 14, 2017, 03:33:15 PM »
I think it also gave the Q2K songs a bit of a kick in the ass too.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2351 on: February 14, 2017, 03:50:31 PM »
I actually had no major issues with Kelly's playing on that, although I know I am in the minority. 

One of the standout songs on that set was the downtuned The Lady Wore Black.  I love the original arrangement of that song, but I feel like the changes make it even more dark and brooding, which fits that song well. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2352 on: February 14, 2017, 03:56:28 PM »

I've never heard that album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2353 on: February 14, 2017, 03:58:55 PM »

wow, surprising

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #2354 on: February 15, 2017, 12:02:07 AM »
Live Evolution was a very good release, I quite like it and I don't mind Kelly's playing. But I'm the one, the only one that thinks Q2K is a really strong record.

They did a good job of presenting their whole career on Live Evolution and Geoff sounds surprisingly good, I always wonder if there was much tempering in the studio afterwards.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2355 on: February 15, 2017, 06:23:59 AM »
It was an excellent set list for sure

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2356 on: February 15, 2017, 06:27:56 AM »

wow, surprising

I really washed my hands of QR after HITNF. I did buy O:M 2 though. Years later a friend sent me copies of Tribe and Q2K, both of which I was mildly surprised as each had some good tunes.
But it's all still half rate of the classic QR.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2357 on: February 15, 2017, 06:38:41 AM »
Yeah nothing wrong with just sticking with classic QR. You aren't missing much by doing so

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2358 on: February 15, 2017, 06:45:16 AM »

wow, surprising

I really washed my hands of QR after HITNF. I did buy O:M 2 though. Years later a friend sent me copies of Tribe and Q2K, both of which I was mildly surprised as each had some good tunes.
But it's all still half rate of the classic QR.

Yup, I agree.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2359 on: February 15, 2017, 07:53:04 AM »
They did a good job of presenting their whole career on Live Evolution and Geoff sounds surprisingly good, I always wonder if there was much tempering in the studio afterwards.

Well, he did sound decent back then.  I was at the second night of taping, and can say pretty confidently that there was fairly minimal touching up of the vocals in post-production, if any.  I mean, listen to London if you doubt me.  If ever there was a spot that desperately NEEDED touching up, it's the part in London right after the solo.  I literally cringed at the show when he sang that and thought to myself, "I know they're going to re-do that in the studio before they release this show on disk."  I was very surprised when they didn't.  But what is deceptive about the vocals during that show is that they had piped in a ton of backup vocals to prop Geoff up.  So although he is sing decently, it isn't all him.  And that isn't post-production studio work.  That is just what they piped in.  I remember a few times at that show where, similar to watching the DVD afterward, Geoff did not have the mic up to his mouth, but you could hear "Geoff" singing.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2360 on: February 15, 2017, 08:50:01 AM »
I think it also gave the Q2K songs a bit of a kick in the ass too.

Live Evolution absolutely did do that. I really liked the Q2k material live. I saw something like 11 shows on that tour, and the songs were much better live. A bigger energy. I was at the Seattle 1999 fan club show which marked Kelly's debut. The tunes were actually a LOT more energetic then. If you can track em down, the demos the guys debuted on the radio the day before that show (Breakdown Room, Sacred Ground, and Liquid Sky) are all much more energetic than the finished, polished versions. It was a bit of a bummer, honestly.

I actually had no major issues with Kelly's playing on that, although I know I am in the minority. 

One of the standout songs on that set was the downtuned The Lady Wore Black.  I love the original arrangement of that song, but I feel like the changes make it even more dark and brooding, which fits that song well. 

His use of the wah really bothered me on Live Evolution. I could be mistaken, but his usage of it increased as the Q2k tour got longer.

I fully agree with you on TLWB. If memory serves, there are a few different versions of that song -- the one on the EP, the one they played live on the Empire tour, the unplugged version, the Q2k-Live Evolution version, and then it was changed again I think for Cabaret tour (? maybe, I didn't pay much attention to that).

Out of all of them, the Q2k/Live Evolution era one is probably my favorite.

Tim -- you should pick it up. Or at least YouTube it. You'll cringe a bit at the wah pedal use by Kelly, but it is really a good DVD. The picture quality (for 2001) alone is worth the money.

Live Evolution was a very good release, I quite like it and I don't mind Kelly's playing. But I'm the one, the only one that thinks Q2K is a really strong record.

I like Q2k. I think it was moving in the right direction after Hear in the Now Frontier. I've always said I would have liked to have heard what the band would have done with a second record with that lineup. People bag on Kelly (and IMO, rightfully so) for his wah pedal usage in Queensryche, but the guy is a good songwriter. I've always loved his work with Slave to the System, and to a minor extent, Brother Cane (Wishpool record). He just was a curious fit for Queensryche that didn't really sound "right."

But Q2k...got a bad rap. Before Dedicated to Crap..err...Chaos, Q2k was pretty much universally accepted by fans as the "worst" QR record. And I guess I would agree? But there are a lot of songs on it (and some that came later, such as HOWL, which is awesome) that I really loved. And I'm not ashamed to say I really enjoyed that whole era of the band. It didn't sound like classic Ryche, but I enjoyed it immensely.

Favs on Q2k (in order) - Howl (on the re-release), When the Rain Comes (such a great solo by Whip), Right Side of My Mind, Liquid Sky.

Well, he did sound decent back then.  I was at the second night of taping, and can say pretty confidently that there was fairly minimal touching up of the vocals in post-production, if any.  I mean, listen to London if you doubt me.  If ever there was a spot that desperately NEEDED touching up, it's the part in London right after the solo.  I literally cringed at the show when he sang that and thought to myself, "I know they're going to re-do that in the studio before they release this show on disk."  I was very surprised when they didn't.  But what is deceptive about the vocals during that show is that they had piped in a ton of backup vocals to prop Geoff up.  So although he is sing decently, it isn't all him.  And that isn't post-production studio work.  That is just what they piped in.  I remember a few times at that show where, similar to watching the DVD afterward, Geoff did not have the mic up to his mouth, but you could hear "Geoff" singing.

I wasn't there, but  I had another friend agree with you, bosk1, who was there for both shows. Very minimal vocal overdubs if any. There were background vocals being piped in, but they had been doing that the entire tour. You can clearly hear his live singing over it, it was just to beef up the overall sound. Chris' vocals were very engaged by the time HITNF rolled around, and Kelly and Ed really couldn't replicate that. So I guess they just took the backing vocal tracks and synced them up to make the vocals more powerful.

But yeah, the lead vocals were live. Geoff had some snafus for sure (London -- whoah), but overall, I thought he sounded very good.

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2361 on: February 15, 2017, 08:51:47 AM »
I'll check it out, perhaps at some point today. Working my way through Brent's podcast today.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2362 on: February 16, 2017, 03:00:25 AM »
I too was disgusted when I bought HITN. I threw it away after one and a half listens. But I really liked Q2K. Thought there were some really good songs on that one.

Live Evolution really surprised me in a pleasant way. I especially thought the EP/Warning material sounded great on there. But it was pretty much good overall.  I even liked about half of American Soldier, but it took a nosedive after that. OM:2 started off pretty good, then that went down a very steep hill as well.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Cruithne

« Reply #2363 on: February 16, 2017, 04:37:00 AM »

His rhythm playing is fine, he does have a good level of facility on the instrument and he can shred it up pretty well playing his own leads, but the problem is that he was always an awkward fit for QR. DeGarmo/Whip were a very precise, play exactly what's on the record, team, as are Jackson/Rockenfield, whereas Kelly's a looser, improvisational kinda player... which leads us to the awful Jet City Woman solo on Live Evolution that takes such a beautifully crafted solo, spoils it with mindless noodling then ends with blatant overdubbing that still manages to sound rotten. There's making a solo your own (Whip doesn't play the JCW solo exactly either) and there's missing the point of the solo altogether.

Kelly was always just at odds with the tight musicianship of the rest of the band.

Plus, I just don't like the guitar tones Gray seems to err towards. When left to his own devices Whip chooses lovely guitar tones (I assume DeGarmo was the one behind the uber-dryness of the HiTNF tone) and it's been great to hear them back in the latest two records.

Offline Setzer

• Queensr˙che Aficionado
« Reply #2364 on: February 16, 2017, 08:05:05 AM »
I was very surprised when they didn't.  But what is deceptive about the vocals during that show is that they had piped in a ton of backup vocals to prop Geoff up.  So although he is sing decently, it isn't all him.  And that isn't post-production studio work.  That is just what they piped in.  I remember a few times at that show where, similar to watching the DVD afterward, Geoff did not have the mic up to his mouth, but you could hear "Geoff" singing.

Gotta love Geoff miming the G5s in Damaged. Yeah sure Geoff, sure that's live  ::)
I do think there's some slight autotune work done at the end of My Empty Room - Geoff's voice has a really weird artificial tone to it https://youtu.be/drxkr5bZanY?t=1m6s

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2365 on: February 16, 2017, 10:24:57 AM »

His rhythm playing is fine, he does have a good level of facility on the instrument and he can shred it up pretty well playing his own leads, but the problem is that he was always an awkward fit for QR. DeGarmo/Whip were a very precise, play exactly what's on the record, team, as are Jackson/Rockenfield, whereas Kelly's a looser, improvisational kinda player... which leads us to the awful Jet City Woman solo on Live Evolution that takes such a beautifully crafted solo, spoils it with mindless noodling then ends with blatant overdubbing that still manages to sound rotten. There's making a solo your own (Whip doesn't play the JCW solo exactly either) and there's missing the point of the solo altogether.

Kelly was always just at odds with the tight musicianship of the rest of the band.

I agree with your general take on Kelly.  But him doing his own take on the solos on Live Evolution didn't really bother me.  Maybe it was just because I went in not expecting him to try to pull them off like Chris did.  And funny that you mention the JCW solo and Michael.  Even though Kelly really deviated in some parts, given that he couldn't pull off the cleanness and emotion that Chris put into that solo, I didn't mind his take at all.  Whip, on the other hand, tries to stay fairly true to the original.  But the problem for me is, he is just slightly too aggressive, slightly less precise, and slightly less emotive in the way that Chris was, to where it just sounds off to me when he plays it and I don't enjoy it.  Not that he isn't a great player.  He is.  And not that I don't like most of his solos.  I do.  But that one and the Silent Lucidity solo don't really work for me.  Again, I am probably in the minority on that, but for the current lineup of the band, I would much rather hear Parker give those two solos a shot than have Whip do them.

I was very surprised when they didn't.  But what is deceptive about the vocals during that show is that they had piped in a ton of backup vocals to prop Geoff up.  So although he is sing decently, it isn't all him.  And that isn't post-production studio work.  That is just what they piped in.  I remember a few times at that show where, similar to watching the DVD afterward, Geoff did not have the mic up to his mouth, but you could hear "Geoff" singing.

Gotta love Geoff miming the G5s in Damaged. Yeah sure Geoff, sure that's live  ::)
I do think there's some slight autotune work done at the end of My Empty Room - Geoff's voice has a really weird artificial tone to it https://youtu.be/drxkr5bZanY?t=1m6s

Honestly, I have almost no recollection of the Mindcrime material from Live Evolution.  On the second night, which is when I was there, they didn't play the Mindcrime suite.  And as far as listening on the disk itself, I generally either tuned out or skipped the Mindcrime songs, partly because I thought they were just "okay" and partly because I consider Livecrime to be the definitive live presentation of ANY of those songs, so any other live rendition just kinda feels second rate.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2366 on: February 16, 2017, 11:25:22 AM »
re: JCW solo and Kelly's performance of CDG solos in general

It's funny...at the Seattle 99 gig, which was Kelly's debut (Jan. 1999), Kelly played Chris' parts very closely. I still have the gig page online from that event, even though it is not the original lineup -- https://anybodylistening.net/1-16-99.html

But looking at that set now, I see why Kelly sounded fine...because every main solo on the CDG stuff in that set is Michael, except for the trade-off one in Breaking the Silence. And after 17 years, to be honest, I can't recall just how well Kelly played Chris' part in that.

In general, Kelly just doesn't have the feel, nor the speed, to replicate Chris' style. So much so, that I don't think  he even bothered to try. And at the time, if memory serves, the band said publicly that they didn't really care, as it was Kelly's gig, and he could interpret as he saw fit. Remember, Wilton didn't do then what he does now. Back then, Whip just continued to do his thing. Nowadays, he plays ALL the classic solos that are Chris' (except for the tradeoffs, obviously).

That's on purpose. I asked Wilton himself a few years back, and he was adamant that if someone is going to do them, he is. And I respect that. Even though I think Parker Lundgren is capable of doing Chris' solos just fine, and much better than Kelly Gray and Mike Stone did them, I get why Wilton has usurped control of that, and don't blame him.

But as was already stated -- Michael's style is a bit different, so the renditions, while close, are not perfect. Chris also has long fingers, whereas Michael has shorter fingers. According to guitarist friends, that makes a big difference in a lot of Chris' solos. There's just spots Chris can reach, that Michael has a harder time with, so he tweaks things slightly to compensate -- and all of us hardcores can hear it.

It's not that it's bad AT ALL. it's not. It's just very small deviations that people like us can pick up on.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2367 on: February 16, 2017, 11:52:19 AM »
I'm not a guitar specialist, but it always came across to me that Kelly seemed to be a better fit than Stone. I saw Stone live and he was good, but maybe not the right fit for Queensryche.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2368 on: February 16, 2017, 11:56:27 AM »
I liked Stone a lot when I saw them touring for Tribe on the DT/QR/FW tour.  He brought a dark mood/vibe that I thought fit the atmosphere of the Tribe songs pretty well.  But going forward, I didn't really like what he brought to the table.  And that isn't a knock on his actual playing.  It was more his guitar tone and, as you said, his overall "fit" with the band.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2369 on: February 16, 2017, 11:59:32 AM »
Stone's tone was SO shrill. It was like nails on a chalkboard at the beginning. Toward the end of his run, it got better.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2370 on: February 16, 2017, 03:02:20 PM »
Watching that Vid made me realize...There is no way JLB can be replaced, because Geoff is the voice of Queensrcyhe and Todd can't hit those low warm notes. He can do the high notes but it's more than that. Especially with Empire, that song really disappointed me live with Todd, plus they skipped the awesome middle part.

I hate to say it , but Queensryche isn't the same anymore. And the past release proves it.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2371 on: February 16, 2017, 03:10:54 PM »
Queensryche isn't the same anymore. And the past release proves it.

I agree.  In contrast to the past decade or more, they now sound AWESOME!  And their singer doesn't sound like he is strangling a cat.  :tup

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2372 on: February 16, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »
Watching that Vid made me realize...There is no way JLB can be replaced, because Geoff is the voice of Queensrcyhe and Todd can't hit those low warm notes. He can do the high notes but it's more than that. Especially with Empire, that song really disappointed me live with Todd, plus they skipped the awesome middle part.

I hate to say it , but Queensryche isn't the same anymore. And the past release proves it.

Geoff can't hit any of the notes. His lows are nasally and his highs are a distant memory.
Shame, he was awesome. Now he isn't.
Todd's lows aren't the best but he's excellent for the rest. And a decent bloke too it seems.
Geoff killed QR years ago.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2373 on: February 16, 2017, 03:59:43 PM »

Queensryche is certainly DIFFERENT without Geoff, both in a good and a bad way for sure. Agreed however, that QR is much more than just hitting high notes. Todd can handle low stuff, but his voice is much thinner than Tate's, and you can hear it on anything from Mindcrime-PL (they haven't played anything other than Damaged off PL, I believe). That's not Todd's fault, it's just his voice. It is naturally thinner than Tate's, and the Mindcrime-PL music was written to that warmer tone that Geoff has (particularly Empire and PL). Todd has sounded much better over the last say nine months overall (although the Empire-PL stuff still sounds off to me). He used to try and hit all the high notes and his performances would be up and down, as he'd run out of gas. But he's seemed to find his legs and middle ground these days, and delivers a really professional performance. He hits some stuff, but keeps himself reigned in, vocally, so it can be well balanced. So he deserves credit for that. He really seems to have put some work in, or at the very least, learned how to pace himself to maintain that steady level of performance.

As for Condition Human, just like every record without Chris, things are missing from the classic sound. Even moreso now without Geoff AND Chris. But it is what Queensryche is now. I thought Condition Human sort of...to my ears it's sorta where I think Queensryche could have gone after Mindcrime, if they decided not to get as commercial as they did. It reminds me sort of like Fates Warning's Perfect Symmetry, just not as complex, musically.

But today's Queensryche, and classic, original lineup Queensryche are two very different animals, creatively. And that's going to always be the case when 2/3 of the original songwriting team is no longer in the band. Condition Human is a good record for sure. But I have a hard time comparing it to classic QR. Just not the same beast, and to me, it's unfair to compare to the original band (although the comparisons are unavoidable). Just like it's unfair to compare the "Tateryche" QR albums to classic QR or even today's QR. The different eras really have a totally different sound to them.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2374 on: February 19, 2017, 06:59:31 PM »
I was just listening to the MTV Unplugged show from the early 90's.  The band sounds excellent here, especially Geoff.  It somewhat comes across as the band distancing themselves from their earlier works, as Geoff alludes to the band playing some old/obscure songs from Rage for Order (even though it was released only 6 years earlier).  He asks the audience if they knew the song The Killing Words.  Or it could also be that they knew their audience was Empire heavy and wouldn't know much of the older material.

Regardless, its a great show and it's a shame it was never officially released.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2375 on: February 19, 2017, 07:30:52 PM »
Funny you mention the unplugged show. I was just watching it a few days ago.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2376 on: February 19, 2017, 07:31:20 PM »
I remember watching the original airing. Yes, it was excellent.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2377 on: February 19, 2017, 10:19:55 PM »
  Or it could also be that they knew their audience was Empire heavy and wouldn't know much of the older material.

At the time, they could have probably advertised it on MTV as "Queensryche performs Silent Lucidity and various other songs". The band were probably very aware of the fact that most of the people in that audience were completely oblivious to anything prior to Mindcrime.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2378 on: February 20, 2017, 02:35:52 PM »
I just noticed that Tate's Operation Mindcrime page has a link in the navigation bar to the official QR website.  That surprised me: https://operationmindcrime.com/wordpress/tour/
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2379 on: February 20, 2017, 06:09:26 PM »
Hmmmm that is strange