Author Topic: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album  (Read 683719 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album
« Reply #2240 on: January 02, 2017, 01:42:51 PM »
Tim.............you must go to amazon and get that EP remaster.  The live songs on that remaster are awesome!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2241 on: January 02, 2017, 01:46:57 PM »
I see that except it's missing my two favorite tunes from Warning. If it can be confirmed the show is complete, I'll order it today!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2242 on: January 02, 2017, 01:48:07 PM »
Don't worry about it, just order it. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2243 on: January 02, 2017, 02:02:33 PM »
Has that concert ever been released on DVD?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2244 on: January 02, 2017, 02:06:18 PM »
I looked it up, it looks like it was only released on VHS.

Too bad, thats a fantastic show.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2245 on: January 02, 2017, 02:24:23 PM »
According to this YouTube page this is the correct running order:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxDcWR6wjL0dahY_WvwW-dgGhf7dbm9Zs

Time to send out the call for Brian!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2246 on: January 02, 2017, 02:27:23 PM »
I wonder why its different on the EP cd remaster.

Oh well, it still rocks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2247 on: January 02, 2017, 05:20:37 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2248 on: January 02, 2017, 05:32:45 PM »
Never seen this before either!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPJW9O0_w3E

Singing the anthem at a Seahawks game.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #2249 on: January 02, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »
Storming Detroit is a radio broadcast of a complete show. It was cleaned up a bit more than the bootleg that has been circulating for the last 20 years. Personally, I love the show. Great setlist and energy.  :tup
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2250 on: January 02, 2017, 05:36:51 PM »
Yes, it is awesome.

Brian, can you confirm if the EP Remaster containing the Tokyo 84 show is complete? Any info on the track order?

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2251 on: January 02, 2017, 05:37:04 PM »
Ep remaster has the entirety of the audio from Live in Tokyo. But Live in Tokyo was not a complete show itself, anyway. They cut a few songs when they produced the video to begin with.

Live in Tokyo was made from a combination of the band's headline shows on Aug. 4, and Aug. 5 in Tokyo. The full setlist from the 4th is here (I don't have a fully confirmed setlist from the 5th, but it is likely identical, since they used both shows to make Live in Tokyo):

https://anybodylistening.net/8-4-84.html

Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2252 on: January 02, 2017, 05:38:26 PM »
OK, thank you. That answers my question. I'm not sure about getting it. Amazon sells the mp3 album for only $5.99. Might be worth it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2253 on: January 02, 2017, 05:38:53 PM »
Geoff fucking Tate!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3EtzEA7C0s

:metal :hefdaddy

:metal

For some reason people seem to get his name backwards these days and call him Fucking Geoff Tate  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2254 on: January 02, 2017, 05:41:05 PM »
OK, thank you. That answers my question. I'm not sure about getting it. Amazon sells the mp3 album for only $5.99. Might be worth it.

I modified my post above with the link to the full setlist. But again, Live in Tokyo was never a full show anyway. It was tracks taken from the two shows I mentioned in my previous post. :) For 5.99, it is worth it, if you don't have those tracks. Although to be honest, I still prefer Storming Detroit, as it is a whole show, and is fully live, flubs and all.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2255 on: January 02, 2017, 05:58:44 PM »
Thanks Brian!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2256 on: January 03, 2017, 10:09:00 AM »

I used to love that video. Unfortunately an angry ex girlfriend cut the tape along with a few others after we split up...

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2257 on: January 03, 2017, 11:26:56 AM »

I used to love that video. Unfortunately an angry ex girlfriend cut the tape along with a few others after we split up...

Women!

Offline Setzer

• Queensr˙che Aficionado
« Reply #2258 on: January 05, 2017, 03:23:19 PM »
I've been tempted to buy that Storming Detroit cd for awhile, but I knew it wasn't an official band release and figured it would just be bootleg quality.  The setlist is outstanding though.

JJ I think it's a must buy. I had honestly never even heard of it until Brian posted it in the Album thread a few weeks ago. I think I had it on boot years ago, but it is pretty well cleaned up.
Yes, the setlist is awesome. I'm loving it.

I also got Rainbow's Boston 1981 and the quality on that is spectacular.

Amazon lists Storming Detroit.
Is it a bootleg, no. It sounds like a pre FM recording. Not nearly as good as the Rainbow, but definitely worth the purchase.

Looking at the EP Remaster, Storming Detroit has NM 156 and Roads To Madness. Not sure if the EP Remaster is a complete show. I probably wouldn't get it if it wasn't.
Storming Detroit has been available for years as a free FM recording. I would advise against buying it just because someone decided to press it on CD again and sell it under a shady label.
As for the bonus tracks on the EP, they are the same tracks as the old VHS / Betamax / LaserDisc release; not the full concert.

I'm pretty sure that it's a complete show. If you remember the video for Take Hold of the Flame, I'm pretty sure that the footage was taken from that Tokyo show. It was released on video at the time ect. ect...
As stated above. The show is not complete :)

According to this YouTube page this is the correct running order:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxDcWR6wjL0dahY_WvwW-dgGhf7dbm9Zs
Time to send out the call for Brian!
Correct. The two Tokyo '84 shows featured this setlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxDcWR6wjL0cRGbtVrpoF7aySY_T1oS4Q

Live in Tokyo was never a full show anyway. It was tracks taken from the two shows I mentioned in my previous post. :)
Are you sure? There's never been any mention of any cameras being present at the 1st Tokyo '84 show. Only at the 2nd one (it even says so on the VHS casing).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2259 on: January 05, 2017, 05:54:55 PM »
I still have great memories of them blowing me away opening for Kiss.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2260 on: January 05, 2017, 06:13:05 PM »
I still have great memories of them blowing me away opening for Kiss.

If that tour came to Providence, I might have been able to see it. But my parents wouldn't let me go out to Worcester at the time.

When Ozzy rescheduled the April '86 Providence show (that originally had Metallica opening  >:() QR opened, but I sold my ticket, as I was really going to see Metallica, and wasn't into Ultimate Sin Ozzy or RFO Ryche.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2261 on: January 05, 2017, 06:46:22 PM »
Crap.  A year later (?) I got to saw Metallica with Ozzy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2262 on: January 05, 2017, 07:16:22 PM »
Crap.  A year later (?) I got to saw Metallica with Ozzy.

Kiss/QR was Dec '84. Ozzy/Metallica was April '86.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2263 on: January 05, 2017, 07:33:53 PM »
God I'm old. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2264 on: January 05, 2017, 07:45:45 PM »

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2265 on: January 06, 2017, 08:02:32 AM »
Anyone who saw Ryche in the mid 80s is old.  :rollin

Are you sure? There's never been any mention of any cameras being present at the 1st Tokyo '84 show. Only at the 2nd one (it even says so on the VHS casing).

There were cameras rolling the first night. They may or may not have been used, but some footage was recorded (perhaps it was a trial run of a few songs). One of the crew on the band's tour back then told me that, when I asked about Live in Tokyo, and The Warning tracks some years ago. So cameras were present at both gigs, but perhaps they only used footage from the second night, as indicated on the packaging.

Storming Detroit has been available for years as a free FM recording. I would advise against buying it just because someone decided to press it on CD again and sell it under a shady label.

Yes, it has been under various names for years being traded by people. The new version cleans up the hiss a bit more, however, and is made available to everyone for purchase on legitimate sites. It's likely (although admittedly, I'm not certain), the radio show was purchased (that happens), and then put out by the label as "Storming Detroit." It's certainly not up-to-par for QR -- it has an image of the Rage era band in it, for example -- it's also a way for people not huge in the bootleg scene to get good quality FM recordings.

So I say -- buy away! It's a great show.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:03:14 AM by AnybodyListening.net »

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Setzer

• Queensr˙che Aficionado
« Reply #2266 on: February 05, 2017, 10:47:12 AM »
Yeah it's a great show, but the problem with buying the copies is that you're supporting a decade-old, shady practice, of selling unofficial material.
If the exact same thing has been floating around on the internet for years, why would you suddenly buy it, well knowing that you're putting money into the pockets of shady people?

What if I pressed some copies too? Should people suddenly be buying it from me instead?

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2267 on: February 06, 2017, 09:31:34 AM »
Yeah it's a great show, but the problem with buying the copies is that you're supporting a decade-old, shady practice, of selling unofficial material.
If the exact same thing has been floating around on the internet for years, why would you suddenly buy it, well knowing that you're putting money into the pockets of shady people?

What if I pressed some copies too? Should people suddenly be buying it from me instead?

Dude, it's available for sale on Amazon.com. Queensryche's people for sure know about it (their attorney is pretty damn good and on top of things). If they wanted to stop it, they would. So if fans who aren't in the bootleg circuit want to pick up a copy of a great show, and it is legally available for sale on a reputable retailer's website (one of hundreds), why shouldn't they?  :lol

For all we know, the band might get royalties from it, which is the reason it is still up there for worldwide sale on CD, digital, and vinyl.

Stop taking things so personal. You may be a big collector of bootlegs, Setzer, but you aren't the first person to be a big collector of live Queensryche gigs. Hundreds of us were collecting their shows for decades before you.  :lol  I admire your passion, but again I say, if the band wanted it stopped, their reps would have done so. Or, they might just see it as further promotion and don't really care.

p.s. getting technical, just remember, all of us who traded bootlegs of theirs over the years committed an illegal act, including yourself, and your current uploading of all those shows to YouTube. So instead of getting uptight about it, I'd recommend just letting people check out what they like, and leave the legalities to QR's reps.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:38:44 AM by AnybodyListening.net »

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Setzer

• Queensr˙che Aficionado
« Reply #2268 on: February 06, 2017, 10:23:28 AM »

Dude, it's available for sale on Amazon.com. Queensryche's people for sure know about it (their attorney is pretty damn good and on top of things). If they wanted to stop it, they would. So if fans who aren't in the bootleg circuit want to pick up a copy of a great show, and it is legally available for sale on a reputable retailer's website (one of hundreds), why shouldn't they?  :lol

For all we know, the band might get royalties from it, which is the reason it is still up there for worldwide sale on CD, digital, and vinyl.

Stop taking things so personal. You may be a big collector of bootlegs, Setzer, but you aren't the first person to be a big collector of live Queensryche gigs. Hundreds of us were collecting their shows for decades before you.  :lol  I admire your passion, but again I say, if the band wanted it stopped, their reps would have done so. Or, they might just see it as further promotion and don't really care.

p.s. getting technical, just remember, all of us who traded bootlegs of theirs over the years committed an illegal act, including yourself, and your current uploading of all those shows to YouTube. So instead of getting uptight about it, I'd recommend just letting people check out what they like, and leave the legalities to QR's reps.

It's for sale in a lot of places. Hell, I even found 2 copies in a store in Copenhagen last year. So they must have a good network.
And of course you've been collecting for decades before me. Some of you started collecting their shows before I was even born!  :D

Me uploading the recordings to YouTube isn't illegal though? Most of it is stuff that people recorded (granted, at venues that didn't allow it). However, the only people making any money whatsoever on it, is the band/label. And that's only if they decide to monetize a specific song (which they regularly do).

Sorry if I came off as self-righteous. I was simply wondering why people would buy a CD that has been freely available for many years. After all, it's not like it's a brand new, unheard recording. Then I could understand it.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2269 on: February 06, 2017, 10:57:08 AM »

It's for sale in a lot of places. Hell, I even found 2 copies in a store in Copenhagen last year. So they must have a good network.
And of course you've been collecting for decades before me. Some of you started collecting their shows before I was even born!  :D

Storming Detroit got a worldwide release. I know there is a copyright law discrepancy between the EU and the USA, which is why many of these radio broadcasts are being released. That's why for a while, a few years, back, you could find some of these only on amazon.co.uk, and amazon.de, etc., but not on amazon.com. But recently (last year or so), Amazon.com seems to have caved, and has been offering them for sale, which is why so many of them are turning up (I picked up gigs by Alice in Chains, Guns N Roses, Queensryche, and a few others). It's something that doesn't have an easy legal answer. But I have to believe the bands all know this, as do their attorneys, and if they really had an issue with it, they could do something to make that known and potentially block it.

Me uploading the recordings to YouTube isn't illegal though? Most of it is stuff that people recorded (granted, at venues that didn't allow it). However, the only people making any money whatsoever on it, is the band/label. And that's only if they decide to monetize a specific song (which they regularly do).

Technically, yes. Any of us who acquired a live audience recording have technically violated U.S. Copyright Law. And when you disseminate that recording (trading it, hosting it, and yes, putting it on services such as YouTube), that is, if I recall correctly, illegal. I mean, most bands don't come after fans for that sort of thing, but if they wanted to, they certainly COULD. But that creates a shitstorm of bad press, not to mention the enforcement issues. That's why YouTube likely ignores it, but from time to time, they remove videos and songs that were official releases (likely because the labels told them to).

Sorry if I came off as self-righteous. I was simply wondering why people would buy a CD that has been freely available for many years. After all, it's not like it's a brand new, unheard recording. Then I could understand it.

You have done the QR community a great service by starting your bootleg channel. Tons of great shows up there for people to enjoy. But in regard to the Storming Detroit show, while you are right, it has been out there for years, you have to remember, 98 percent of fans don't want to go through the hassle of finding the show (bootleg sites) and downloading it. If they can buy it retail, that's the easier way to do it. Which is why all of these companies releasing these radio broadcasts are doing it -- they know a lot of people will buy them, because most people aren't bootleg traders and don't want the hassle of looking into how to do (hey, doing DIME is a pain in the ass for a newbie, ya know).

But seriously, Setzer, you've done all QR fans a solid by posting up these audio shows at www.youtube.com/queensrychebootlegs

Fans should check it out and get their fill of live Ryche n Roll.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2270 on: February 08, 2017, 09:51:12 AM »
Over the last few days, my wife and I were talking about the possibility of Queensryche reuniting with Geoff Tate and Chris DeGarmo. Now, before everyone says "it'll never happen," let me say I think it is extremely unlikely. But I thought I'd throw the speculation out there a little bit for discussion.

Tate is booking tiny places, saying things in the media that the differences in Queensryche can be "worked out," etc. He also interestingly posted (or someone posted for him) a message on FB that he's making some "changes" in his life recently. All this is sorta expected, at least by me. His "Operation: Mindcrime" project is not taking off, he didn't tour to support his second record under that name, and I think it's debatable if he'll tour on the third, if it ever gets released. In a nutshell, he's touring around doing acoustic Queensryche songs in bars, and seeing (I think) the writing on the wall -- he's just not in demand outside of Queensryche.

Queensryche isn't nearly in the same position, but they are also getting smaller bookings and playing smaller places. QR's records with La Torre have been well received by fans, but I don't see any uptick in where they are playing, which is an indicator that their status level with booking agents really hasn't gone up at all. And that affects the bottom line, given how many bands are out their touring these days -- they likely have to accept less money to play.

Age-wise, and interest wise, there are just two years that make any sense for a full-fledged reunion of Queensryche's original lineup: 2018 and 2020.

2018 is the 30th Anniversary of Operation: Mindcrime. In the lawsuit settlement between Tate and Queensryche, Tate received the rights to PERFORM Operation: Mindcrime in its entirety. Queensryche cannot do so. They can play songs from it, but they can't play more than a few songs in a row.

Then consider this: Tate is going to be 59 in 2018, and the rest of the band are all in their late 50s as well. The end is very much in-sight, if you think about it.

2020 is the 30th Anniversary of Empire -- the band's best-selling record. If there are two records QR is known for, and that attract people, it is Mindcrime and Empire. And time is running out to capitalize on either (it could have already, depending on the promoters).

Now the reality -- Tate can say anything he wants. if the guys currently in Queensryche are happy, and there is no indication that they aren't, then yeah, why bother? But money DOES talk, and time help heal wounds. We've seen it in a ton of bands. If there was a deal on the table that was too big to resist, it could spark this:

A temporary reunion of the original lineup to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Operation: Mindcrime. The wildcard is DeGarmo. But if this was a TEMPORARY reunion, for North American and European tour legs, and the money was right, it could be do-able. DeGarmo tried getting together with QR twice in the last 15 years -- Tribe (where he wrote songs with them), and then according to Jason Slater (who produced QR for a number of years) after Mindcrime II, when the bigger management teams started sniffing around (note: this was when he completed the song "Justified," which was meant for Tribe but unfinished, and finally released in 2007 -- a year after MC II). DeGarmo has never closed the door. But he has kept a distance over the years (smartly). Some sort of 2018-2020 timeframe would be the last (most likely) plausible time for him to connect with his former bandmates in any sort of reunion.

The key thing is exposure and money. If promoters feel a temporary-reunited original lineup Queensryche playing Operation: Mindcrime and Empire tunes (think Building Empires tour) in celebration of the 30th anniversary of both albums is something that would be a big draw, it could open doors. The whole "temporary" thing is not unheard of -- Fates Warning has done it to celebrate Awaken the Guardian and Parallels in recent years. This idea would be Queensryche doing it on a bigger scale.

Here are the positives of this temporary reunion and anniversary idea:

• Fans get to see the original lineup of the band do its most popular records live (whether it is just Mindcrime and the hits, or both albums together, whatever).
  • Queensryche maintains its current lineup (if they are concerned with that).
  • Tate would increase his stature, improve his legacy, and set himself up a little better going into his 60s.
  • DeGarmo gets to play live again with all the guys he had huge success with, giving a proper cap-off to his musical career with Queensryche.
  • Everyone makes more money and plays on bigger stages.
  • If recorded and released, the show could be a financial help in the future with sales.

I think the perspective of folks here, who aren't necessarily hardcores, but still fans, is key -- is an idea like this for a temporary reunion something you'd be into? Why or why not? Would you make a show like this a priority in a summer amphitheater tour, particularly if another well respected band was opening?

Again, I think given the history of Queensryche, this is highly unlikely. However, it IS possible, and feasible. And as I said, temporary reunions are not unheard of, and give the original members flexibility to move forward with current lineups in the future.

For me, obviously, this would be a great highlight. Tate would have to work really hard to get his voice into shape, and I wouldn't expect Tate from 1988-1992. But I think with work, he'd be able to get his voice into good enough shape for Queensryche to put on a high quality show. But then again, I'm a hardcore fan of the original band's lineup and music. The key is most of you all -- the fans of the band that aren't diehards. Would this idea be something you'd be into if it happened?

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2271 on: February 08, 2017, 10:01:24 AM »
Mixed feelings.  On one hand, I think it could be good for the fans and the band for the reasons you mention.  On the other hand, part of me doesn't ever want to see Tate within a country mile of this band again because of all he did to almost ruin them.  But on a temporary basis, if this were to happen, I think the positives outweigh the negatives.  It is something I know I would make an effort to see.

One additional indirect hurdle to something like this being successful is that Tate oversaturated Mindcrime.  I don't know if the timeline to the anniversaries is enough to dilute that.  But then again, fans can sometimes have short memories when it comes to stuff like that, so...  :dunno:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2272 on: February 08, 2017, 10:12:53 AM »
So I know what I'm about to say, may spur the comeback, "What about Iron Maiden?" BUT Maiden is a current working band, together. Still making and touring new music. Their Old Stuff tours (for lack of a better term) are at least advertised as such.

OK, on to Queensryche.
Count me as not the least bit interested. I cannot support a bunch of old timers reuniting for a cash grab, which is all this would be. They'd be playing old songs from 30 years ago. Die hards who may not have lived through those years I can see some benefit from, but the whole entire thing would lack integrity.
Could the shows be good? Sure. But it'd be a total sham.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2273 on: February 08, 2017, 10:14:53 AM »
I cannot support a bunch of old timers reuniting for a cash grab, which is all this would be. They'd be playing old songs from 30 years ago. Die hards who may not have lived through those years I can see some benefit from, but the whole entire thing would lack integrity.
Could the shows be good? Sure. But it'd be a total sham.

Yes, but...so what?  Serious question.  That happens all the time.  if the show actually is good, why is the fact that it's a cash grab a problem?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2274 on: February 08, 2017, 10:24:10 AM »
TAC,

Yeah, it would be a cash grab sure. But as bosk1 has said, it happens all the times with a ton of bands. Take Guns N Roses. While it wasn't a reunion of the entire original lineup, it did reunite Slash, Axl, and Duff. I saw the tour in Seattle, after saying the same thing as you (it was a gift from a friend). I had a GREAT time, and the show was pretty amazing. It was so good that I'd go back in a heartbeat on my own dime.

I completely get what you're saying, and you're not wrong. But in this day and age, aren't money-based reunions, that have a closure element and nostalgia pull for the fans a normal thing? I think so.

www.roadstomadness.com