Author Topic: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album  (Read 692053 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album
« Reply #1470 on: April 15, 2015, 01:33:49 PM »
Oh ok, that explains it.  I thought you had a downloaded version of the release with the bonus track.  I've seen that before with other band's releases of bonus material.  It's unfortunate.  Oh well...  :-\
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1472 on: April 17, 2015, 12:19:47 AM »
I'm liking the sounds of that too!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1473 on: April 17, 2015, 06:36:51 AM »
I can't help but to have really high expectations for this, but I'm pretty sure they will deliver.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1474 on: April 17, 2015, 07:53:22 AM »
Same here.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1475 on: April 17, 2015, 09:42:33 AM »
I can't help but to have really high expectations for this, but I'm pretty sure they will deliver.

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #1476 on: April 17, 2015, 11:58:13 AM »
I was pretty nervous when Queensryche released their first album with Todd, but with this new one, I am 100% confident. The self-titled album contained what is easily their strongest material in many, many years (especially Where Dreams go to Die, A World Without, Open Road, In This Light, and Spore), and the only complaints I had were the godawful production and disappointing running time. I am sure the new album will be a huge improvement in both production and length.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1477 on: May 19, 2015, 02:02:55 PM »
Today is a very special day. After much time, hard work, and dedication, the recording is complete! Today we give a full listen to the new Queensr˙che album from front to back with our producer Zeuss before final mixing/mastering takes place. Feeling very elated

FLICK YA

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1478 on: May 19, 2015, 03:00:31 PM »
Nice!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1479 on: May 19, 2015, 03:35:39 PM »
Bring it on.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1480 on: May 19, 2015, 05:09:32 PM »
Let's hope they don't destroy it in the mastering stage.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1481 on: May 19, 2015, 05:14:16 PM »
Great news!!!

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1482 on: May 19, 2015, 06:10:27 PM »

Several people in the FB comments brought that up.   Todd responded to one of them saying something to the effect that they had it under control.   

I took that to mean that they are aware of the issues with the last album and are keeping their eye out to make sure it doesn't happen again. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1483 on: May 20, 2015, 09:36:21 AM »

Several people in the FB comments brought that up.   Todd responded to one of them saying something to the effect that they had it under control.   

I took that to mean that they are aware of the issues with the last album and are keeping their eye out to make sure it doesn't happen again.

It's amazing how much more transparent the band is with the public with Todd compared to the Geoff days. 

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #1484 on: May 25, 2015, 03:14:21 PM »
So when is the album supposed to be released (roughly)?  On a whim I decided to do the pledge music thing (I didn't even buy their last album, I'll have to check it out again now to get me pumped for the new one).  The only thing I saw was in the overview summary on the pledge site saying that the album will be out "next year" but I don't know if that was posted late last year or early this year.  Everything I've read so far in interviews and such has sounded pretty promising (yes, I know, that's the point of interviews, so you have to take it with a grain of salt).

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1485 on: May 25, 2015, 03:58:11 PM »
So when is the album supposed to be released (roughly)?  On a whim I decided to do the pledge music thing (I didn't even buy their last album, I'll have to check it out again now to get me pumped for the new one).  The only thing I saw was in the overview summary on the pledge site saying that the album will be out "next year" but I don't know if that was posted late last year or early this year.  Everything I've read so far in interviews and such has sounded pretty promising (yes, I know, that's the point of interviews, so you have to take it with a grain of salt).

Going from memory, I read something (an interview with either Eddy, or Mike) that they were looking at September or October of this year. It's been a few weeks since I've read the interview, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'm fairly positive that it's supposed to be out in the fall.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #1486 on: May 25, 2015, 03:59:14 PM »
I don't remember the date of when the pledge was started and there's nothing posted on the site about when it began. But it does look like it started sometime towards the end of last year, judging by comments in this thread as well as the oldest video clips that you can watch on the pledge music site. In addition to that didn't Todd just post something recently that they completed the recording of the album and will be moving on to mixing/mastering? If so, that would give them plenty of time to release the album before the end of this year. So theoretically, I'd guess that it will be released between September and December of this year.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #1487 on: May 25, 2015, 04:18:37 PM »
Excellent, thanks for the updates!  I haven't been following it very closely, so any info I've likely missed. 

Offline Deathless

« Reply #1488 on: May 26, 2015, 07:28:49 AM »
Whip has said a few times in recent interviews it will be late September / early October, to coincide with their supporting slot with the Scorps.  :metal

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1489 on: May 26, 2015, 08:12:01 AM »
last fall the released date was spring.  at the new year it was late spring/early summer.  now its looking like September.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1490 on: May 26, 2015, 10:13:51 AM »
Whip has said a few times in recent interviews it will be late September / early October, to coincide with their supporting slot with the Scorps.  :metal

I just hope that this means the band will actually play most/all of their new songs live while touring with the Scorps, rather than just playing a couple and having a setlist of largely the same-old's they've been playing for three years now.

It's high-time that the band mixes up the setlist a bit more.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1491 on: May 26, 2015, 01:17:03 PM »
Hopefully one of two tunes from Promised Land get played

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1492 on: May 26, 2015, 01:58:54 PM »
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to hear something new played live as they hardly ever play anything from the 2013 release.

The band is in full nostalgia mode and seem to have determined they are best suited to play with other nostalgia-type acts, which unfortunately means a lot of 80's hair metal bands.  I think they've missed their window to completely re-establish themselves as the "thinking mans metal band", but its their band and if they are happy so be it.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1493 on: May 27, 2015, 11:48:50 AM »
I find it ironic that the band complained about being restricted to playing certain songs in the last few years with Tate, yet they've restricted themselves to playing pretty much the same set with the new line-up for 2 years now. :P I've never seen them live, but it just seems weird to me.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1494 on: May 27, 2015, 12:19:18 PM »
I find it ironic that the band complained about being restricted to playing certain songs in the last few years with Tate, yet they've restricted themselves to playing pretty much the same set with the new line-up for 2 years now. :P I've never seen them live, but it just seems weird to me.

Not really the same thing.  What they were complaining about was that Tate wanted the set lists to revolve around:  (1) "hits" from Mindcrime and Empire; (2) new material that the band and fans didn't like; and (3) whatever else was in his diminished range.  And that that excluded a lot of the classic, harder material that the band and fans wanted to be played.  Now, they are playing what they (and most of the fans) want.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1495 on: June 07, 2015, 05:42:25 AM »
Interview with Todd - the interviewer is an interesting "dude" too :lol

https://youtu.be/vN76YWvHntk
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1496 on: June 07, 2015, 05:45:48 AM »
Looking forward to seeing Todd live for the first tI'm in September.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1497 on: June 08, 2015, 04:57:09 PM »
I just found out today that they are playing here in St. Louis at a venue I didn't know existed :lol, which is less than 10 minutes from where I live.  And tickets are cheap.  What the hell, I might go.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1498 on: June 08, 2015, 07:07:53 PM »
I just found out today that they are playing here in St. Louis at a venue I didn't know existed :lol, which is less than 10 minutes from where I live.  And tickets are cheap.  What the hell, I might go.

Is this place a hole in the wall?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1499 on: June 08, 2015, 07:38:16 PM »
I think it's a tiny hole in a hole. :lol :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1500 on: June 08, 2015, 07:42:36 PM »
Are you sure it's not Tate's band? ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1501 on: June 08, 2015, 07:43:49 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1502 on: June 08, 2015, 07:45:16 PM »
Are you sure it's not Tate's band? ;D

If that were true it would be at a dinner theater Tim. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1503 on: June 09, 2015, 10:02:27 AM »
https://queensrycheofficial.com/tour

You tell me. :P

It's interesting to see some of those posters with Dream Theater getting top billing over Queensryche.  The band with one gold record is now the bigger draw than the band with multi-platinum mega-hits.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1504 on: June 09, 2015, 10:09:02 AM »
https://queensrycheofficial.com/tour

You tell me. :P

It's interesting to see some of those posters with Dream Theater getting top billing over Queensryche.  The band with one gold record is now the bigger draw than the band with multi-platinum mega-hits.

I remember during the QR/DT/FW tour in 2003 that QR and DT split the role as headliner -- QR headlined the westcoast and DT headline the eastcoast, I believe.  Their popularity was pretty even at that point.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):